PDA

View Full Version : Lynch news, 4.36- 40 time

red
02-23-2007, 04:18 PM
from kffl

NFL | Combine results: Marshawn Lynch
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:39:15 -0800

During his interview at the NFL Scouting Combine, NFL Draft prospect RB Marshawn Lynch (California) said he measured in at 5-foot-11, 215 pounds and ran a 4.36 40-yard dash earlier this month. Lynch also said he has talked to the Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns.

Lurker64
02-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, good. If he ran sub 4.4 he probably won't be there when we pick.

ND72
02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
the more i see/read about Lynch, the more I like him. I've actually liked him since he was a freshman, but as a Packer I've liked him more recently. I just have a fear that he's gonna be gone now before we can get him.

packers11
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, good. If he ran sub 4.4 he probably won't be there when we pick.

hahaha... well we know you don't want lynch :D

esoxx
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I didn't know Lynch was a Packer.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
He's not right now, but if all things go right he will be.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes! He ran a fast 40 time. All in the world is good! Yes!

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I sense a bit of sarcasm in your voice, and I agree that the 40 time is over rated, but there is no doubting that Lynch is a good player.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 05:40 PM
I think he'll run a 4.45 or so. He didn't look as fast as he said he was. He's a good player though. He's big, tough, pretty fast, explosive, quick.

I'd rather have defense, but if the best player is Lynch; I'm OK with it. Leon Hall would be a good pick too. He might drop to us.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I sense a bit of sarcasm in your voice, and I agree that the 40 time is over rated, but there is no doubting that Lynch is a good player.

It wasn't sarcasm, I genuinely happy Lynch ran a fast 40. This should raise his draft status and make him off the board my 16.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 05:51 PM

It wasn't sarcasm, I genuinely happy Lynch ran a fast 40. This should raise his draft status and make him off the board my 16.

Well considering the 40 hasn't even been run at the combine yet, you shouldn't be celebrating quite yet.

Brando19
02-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Guys, guys, guys...no need to be sarcastic....I'm sure whoever the Packers take #1 in the draft, everyone here will be praising them.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 07:19 PM
"He's an awfully good football player," Green Bay running backs coach Edgar Bennett said of Lynch. "Explosive player. Tough. Runs with power. He can catch. He can do it all."

Uh Oh.......Sorry to break it to all Lynch haters but he just got the gold standard in compliments from someone within the Packers orgaanization. Is it just me or does Benett's comments sound an awfull lot like a TT post draft pick interview?

The Packers are bound and determined to take "Good football players" first. This is evidnece that they feel Marshawn Lynch is one of those.

I read alot between the lines here. I think they have him high on thier board. From this point forward; unless Lynch pulls some stupid crap, I have him as my predicted pick for the Packers. Him or Hall is my guess.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
If Lynch wasn't such a dumbass, than maybe, just maybe, I'd change my mind about him. However, he is as dumb as a sack of rocks. That really puts me off.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
If Lynch wasn't such a dumbass, than maybe, just maybe, I'd change my mind about him. However, he is as dumb as a sack of rocks. That really puts me off.

And there certainly is some merit to this line of thinking. I'm a really big non-fan of idiots playing football. RB isn't historically a position that requires intelligence IMO so that alone doesn't put me off in this case. It's his character issues that scare me. You can't really play football when your in jail for smacking a stripper.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 07:40 PM
He never went to jail.

motife
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
"Ahman Green is most known for his speed, which won him Nebraska prep titles in the 100- and 200-meter dashes. At the Indianapolis Scouting Combine, Green ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds, one of the top times of his RB class. He’s also very athletic, having vertical-jumped almost 40 inches and broad-jumped more than 10 feet.

But what Green has taken to another level is his power running. At 220 pounds, Green is very strong. He’s powerful in his shoulders, hips and legs, so he’s able to break tackles and gain yards after contact."

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
"Ahman Green is most known for his speed, which won him Nebraska prep titles in the 100- and 200-meter dashes. At the Indianapolis Scouting Combine, Green ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds, one of the top times of his RB class. He’s also very athletic, having vertical-jumped almost 40 inches and broad-jumped more than 10 feet.

But what Green has taken to another level is his power running. At 220 pounds, Green is very strong. He’s powerful in his shoulders, hips and legs, so he’s able to break tackles and gain yards after contact."

My first thought was that he reminded me of Green. I think Green was faster in his prime but Lynch is a very similar player IMO.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:22 PM
I would compare Lynch with Edgerin James, that's who reminds me off the most.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 08:24 PM
He never went to jail.

I know, but he seems like the type who could find himself there. You know; negro's?

No; seriously though, that incident with his g/f has me a little concerned.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I would compare Lynch with Edgerin James, that's who reminds me off the most.

Yeah...Good comparison. Same hair too. I was thinking like Green, a little slower but a little quicker. I guess James is closer than Green.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Did it concern you when Green beat his wife? I really don't think that it's going to affect his football talent at all.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, whenever a player threatens to kill a woman unless she touches him usually sets off a few red flags.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Did it concern you when Green beat his wife? I really don't think that it's going to affect his football talent at all.

Yeah, but Green is much more intelligent and articulate than Lynch.

RashanGary
Yeah, whenever a player threatens to kill a woman unless she touches him usually sets off a few red flags.

LMFAO

PackerPro42
I don't want to get into another argument with you, so we know how you feel about him and we know how I feel about him. Let's drop it.

But in Lynch's defense, he was never convicted and Green was in a lot more trouble and he still played well for the Packers.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Green was proven to be a hard worker and comitted to footbal beofre he started beating his wife so it was less of a concernl. All I know about Lynch is that he has a little anger problem.

He could turn out just as good but it certainly is something to consider.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't want to get into another argument with you, so we know how you feel about him and we know how I feel about him. Let's drop it.

But in Lynch's defense, he was never convicted and Green was in a lot more trouble and he still played well for the Packers.

I'm not arguing with you, we're having a football discussion. Am I right?

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:30 PM

The reason Lynch wasn't convicted is because there wasn't any proof, because the assault was only between Rockhead and the woman. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:31 PM
You're correct, but generally when we have a "football discussion" it turns into in argument because one of us accuses the other of being a jack-ass

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
You're correct, but generally when we have a "football discussion" it turns into in argument because one of us accuses the other of being a jack-ass

Has that happened, yet?

MJZiggy
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM

Green was proven to be a hard worker and comitted to footbal beofre he started beating his wife so it was less of a concernl. All I know about Lynch is that he has a little anger problem.

He could turn out just as good but it certainly is something to consider.

:shock: :!:

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
No, and I don't want it to, but that's how it generally works out.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:35 PM

That's making an assumption that you're gonna say something that pisses me off. As long as you don't do that, we're fine.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:35 PM

That's making an assumption that you're gonna say something that pisses me off. As long as you don't do that, we're fine.

Dido.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:36 PM
It's ditto.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:38 PM
There you go again. Does it really matter how a word is spelled? That's the stuff that pisses me off because when you correct people like that you come across very arrogant and evasive.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Dude, it was a joke. :lol:

esoxx
02-23-2007, 08:40 PM
No way is Lynch running in the 4.3's. He's actually setting himself up a bit here if he's bragging on a 4.36 and then goes out and runs a 4.7 or something. Should be interesting to see his actual time at the combine.

PackerPro42
02-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Already then, I'm cool.

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Already then, I'm cool.

Alrighty then.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
:shock: :!:

I meant that I wasn't too concerned about it carrying over to the football field. Of course it is a little concerning personally but as a GM; I'm concerned 1st and foremost with what happens on the field. An anger problem can be overlooked if you trust the player to work hard adn do the right things professionally. I don't get that same cozy feeling aobut Lynch. I get a "where there is smoke....." feeling with Lynch. I could be wrong though.

MJZiggy
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
A little concerning personally?? :shock: I might suggest that the women involved find it more than a little concerning.

Also, it's hard to carry the ball if you're in jail on assault charges...

Brando19
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
INDIANAPOLIS – Marshawn Lynch is well aware of the mock drafts.
The University of California running back said he’s told on a daily basis that he’s probably going to be a Green Bay Packer.
“Everybody tells me, ‘Get ready to pack your ear muffs, your gloves and a big coat. You’re going to Green Bay.’” Lynch said with a laugh.
While it would be a quite an adjustment for an Oakland native to move to Wisconsin, Lynch said he would have no problem going to Green Bay.
“That wouldn’t bother me at all,” Lynch said. “I’ll be happy to play wherever.”
With Ahman Green having just turned 30 and about to become a free agent, the Packers will need help at running back and at the No. 16 slot, Lynch is the guy who most experts have pegged for Green Bay. Lynch is widely considered to be the second best running back in the draft, behind Oklahoma’s Adrian Peterson.
“I have a lot of respect for (Peterson), but I don’t see any reason why I won’t be the best running back in the draft.” Lynch said.
Lynch said he had met informally with the Packers on Thursday night and was meeting with them again on Friday.

RashanGary
02-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm warming up to him more and more. Maybe Green can be his mentor :twisted:

Joemailman
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Not only was Lynch never convicted, he was never charged with anything. Of course, once he has a few million dollars in the bank, a civil suit is always a possibility...

Charles Woodson
02-23-2007, 11:36 PM
I didn't know Lynch was a Packer.

Was?

You mean is a packer :D

Partial
02-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Yes! He ran a fast 40 time. All in the world is good! Yes!

well*

Partial
02-24-2007, 01:45 AM

Do you really think that anyone of those first round picks are intelligent? I think a few quarterbacks might be, the obvious offensive linemen or two, but rarely, and I mean rarely, do you see an intelligent skill position player.

Lynch may not be as articulate, but I highly doubt there is much difference between his and adrian petersons intelligence.

Bretsky
02-24-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm warming up to him more and more. Maybe Green can be his mentor :twisted:

McCalister Bush
Green Lynch

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Exactly what I've been trying to get across for a while.

RashanGary
02-24-2007, 09:01 AM
No way is Lynch running in the 4.3's. He's actually setting himself up a bit here if he's bragging on a 4.36 and then goes out and runs a 4.7 or something. Should be interesting to see his actual time at the combine.

I agree. He's not a 4.36 guy. He may have had one of his guys clock him at that on one run but there is this thing called "error" and there is also this thing in statistics called a bell curve. Just because he ran "ONE" run at 4.36 or close doesnt' mean his average will be that or that he is likely to run that when it matters most.

I'm guessing he runs 4.45 and that is plenty fast for me.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 09:26 AM

Do you really think that anyone of those first round picks are intelligent? I think a few quarterbacks might be, the obvious offensive linemen or two, but rarely, and I mean rarely, do you see an intelligent skill position player.

Lynch may not be as articulate, but I highly doubt there is much difference between his and adrian petersons intelligence.

I'm not expecting these guys to be Barack Obama or anything, but at least give me a guy like Jennings or Driver. I don't want some rockhead with the intelligence of an 7th grader.

red
02-24-2007, 09:31 AM

I'm not expecting these guys to be Barack Obama or anything, but at least give me a guy like Jennings or Driver. I don't want some rockhead with the intelligence of an 7th grader.

driver use to be a drug dealer

i'd say a good chunk of nfl players aren't all that smart. sure they got to go to college, but you never see any of those guys in actual classes. i only knew 1 football player that would show up to class everyday, and he had to ask a lot of questions to keep up, but at least he was trying his ass off. most guys only show up for the finals, and nothing else

Brando19
02-24-2007, 09:36 AM

Driver used to be really really poor and he lived in the back of a U Haul for a while.

Packnut
02-24-2007, 09:52 AM
For those of you worried he won't be there at 16, you need to take a good look at the teams drafting in front of us and their needs. The Browns will take Peterson. The Lions have K Jones and more pressing needs than RB. The ONLY team who has a need at RB is Houston. However, Dayne played well for them down the stretch and they also have several needs.

Lynch will be there at 16.

red
02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
For those of you worried he won't be there at 16, you need to take a good look at the teams drafting in front of us and their needs. The Browns will take Peterson. The Lions have K Jones and more pressing needs than RB. The ONLY team who has a need at RB is Houston. However, Dayne played well for them down the stretch and they also have several needs.

and they have domanic davis, who if i'm not mistaken, they just gave a huge deal to last year or the year before, but was hurt all last year

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 10:03 AM

and they have domanic davis, who if i'm not mistaken, they just gave a huge deal to last year or the year before, but was hurt all last year

Correct, it's Dominack Williams now, but that's besides the point. The only way that Houston will take a RB is if Peterson is there, and even then it's no lock for them to take him.

Packnut
02-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Well it's no secret that I've been advocating Bowe at 16 if he's there but I'm coming around to the Lynch side now. The most important part of a back to me is his pass catching ability and Lynch has that.

CaliforniaCheez
02-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I think people are very stupid when it comes to evaluating talent and over emphasize the 40 time.

"Oh CaliforniaCheez, there is a world of difference between a 4.39 and a 4.41."

The vertical jump for offensive lineman is another important game skill.

Anyway back to Lynch- He is fast in pads. He seems relatively faster when the pads go on. Some guys slow down a lot when the pads go on. He is not one of them. Football speed it is sometimes called. That is what is important.

Will he even be on the board or even be the best player left on the board...It is up to Ted.

Partial
02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
It's ditto.

Quit being a little bitch. I have grown to be more irritated by the stupid egging on shit that you pull that by Wausau's manboner for Marshawn. Grow up.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
It's ditto.

Quit being a little bitch. I have grown to be more irritated by the stupid egging on shit that you pull that by Wausau's manboner for Marshawn. Grow up.

Didn't you read the post below that? It was a joke. PP42 knew that.

Partial
02-24-2007, 03:40 PM

i'd say a good chunk of nfl players aren't all that smart. sure they got to go to college, but you never see any of those guys in actual classes. i only knew 1 football player that would show up to class everyday, and he had to ask a lot of questions to keep up, but at least he was trying his ass off. most guys only show up for the finals, and nothing else

A lot of the UW guys are actually fairly intelligent. Joe Thomas is supposedly a very nice person and a good guy. The gf has met him before.

Partial
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Well it's no secret that I've been advocating Bowe at 16 if he's there but I'm coming around to the Lynch side now. The most important part of a back to me is his pass catching ability and Lynch has that.

I really want Bowe, too. He is gonna be the 2nd best wideout in the draft when all is said and done.

Fritz
02-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm going to laugh - I'm sorry, but I will - if we get to #16, Lynch is sitting there like a pork chop in front of a dog, and the Commish announces that Ted has traded down and picked up another second rounder in exchange.

We get so hung up on first and second round guys, and while they provide the bulk of most teams (I think) there are also great pros who you never hear about early in the draft. Was anybody here yearning for Donald Driver on draft day?

I see why we do, though - given limited time that we all have it's hard to scour every position down to the lower rounds, so we have to rely on what we hear about the bigger names. Then we pick our faves, and when we don't see the Pack draft them, we're bummed. Heck, a couple years ago I had a boner for Odell Thurman. And look where he's at now. Where is he at now? A Cincinnati crack house?

Also kudos to MJ for pointing out that assaulting a woman is a big deal, period. It's weird how we so easily dismiss criminal assaults when guys are talented athletes.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd love to trade down. Actually, I'd prefer we'd trade down. Than we could maybe pick up an OL, RB, WR later in the 1st and pick up a 2nd rounder.

Fritz
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I like how TT structures it: he puts guys into what I'd call "talent groups." From wht I understand, that means he will pick guys - maybe four or five or so - that he thinks are equally talented. If we get to #16, and he's got maybe four guys that he thinks are equally talented at that spot, and somone wants to trade from the #19 spot, TT will do it, knowing he'll get a guy from that talent group. But if someone comes calling from the #24 spot, it won't be a go.

esoxx
02-24-2007, 06:56 PM
One thing TT hasn't shown yet is his willingness to trade down in the first round. I'm interested to see if this draft holds form and he keeps his #1. I expect him to trade down in the 2nd & 3rd rounds for more picks.

LL2
02-24-2007, 08:20 PM
"Lynch will have someone to keep an eye on him. He plans to bring his mother with him wherever he goes. Lynch has 'Mama's Boy' tattooed across his back and said the first thing he will do after signing his rookie contract is to buy her a house," reports Tomlinson.

Well, this should help you guys relax that Lynch will stay out of trouble. His Momma will keep him in line.

pack4to84
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
from different board----
There are no actual reports of this, but I am reading behind the lines a bit here. Buffalo has officially put Willis McGahee on the trading block, and have been telling other teams as much at the combine. He is a free agent after this up coming season, and it appears that Buffalo doesn't like their chances of resigning him.

With Buffalo picking at #12, I think they become the front runners to draft Marshawn Lynch. They don't have anyone of substance behind McGahee, so they would need to replace him in the draft. Even if they don't trade him, I think we can expect them to draft a RB high, knowing that McGahee won't be back after this season.

Here is a link to the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778174

Lynch wont be there at 16th pick

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't believe that for a second. If McGahee is going to be gone after next season I would think they would find his replacement next off-season. And if they do take Lynch I'll be ticked.

SD GB fan
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
One thing TT hasn't shown yet is his willingness to trade down in the first round. I'm interested to see if this draft holds form and he keeps his #1. I expect him to trade down in the 2nd & 3rd rounds for more picks.

its true he hasnt traded down in the first down. but you hafta take into account other teams as well. trading up in the first costs a lot, especially since we had the #5 overall pick last year. 2 years ago, TT believed that he got a bargain when rodgers a projected top 10 pick fall down to him. so we will see what happens this year.

Zool
02-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Buffalo drafted McGahee coming off a ridiculous injury when they already had Henry coming off a 1200 yard season. Why would this be different?

pack4to84
02-25-2007, 05:53 AM
With Barber gone, Giants show interest in McGahee
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778174
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Buffalo Bills are using part of their time here at the NFL scouting combine this weekend to apprise teams that starting tailback Willis McGahee is available via trade, and it appears they have attracted the interest of at least one potential suitor.

I'm telling you Lynch will not be there at 16

BallHawk
02-25-2007, 07:56 AM
For the sake of the Packers' organization, let's hope this trade to the Giants works out.

I'd trade for McGahee, but TT probably won't. Not the end of the world, though.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Lynch looks like one of those guys whose stock will rise in the combine. Bet he's gone by #16.

Brando19
02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
California RB Marshawn Lynch recorded a 10-foot-5 broad jump Sunday, Feb. 25, at the NFL Combine.
Peterson recorded a 10-foot-7 broad jump.

Geesh...I had the best broad jump at my high school with 8-foot-3 broad jump. These guys are beasts!

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Those jumps are a measure of explosiveness. Taht is a major trait in a RB. Lynch looked explosive on the field and this just backs it up. I'm a little concerned he won't be there when we pick too. He looks like a top 10 player in this draft. I acctually think he'll be one of the best 7 in this draft after Peterson *if healthy*, CJ, Thomas, Russell, Qunn and Jamaal Anderson

Lurker64
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't believe that for a second. If McGahee is going to be gone after next season I would think they would find his replacement next off-season. And if they do take Lynch I'll be ticked.

Haven't you been crusading for months now that Lynch is one of the premier guys in this draft? Why then wouldn't Buffalo take him at 12 if they both trade McGahee and Peterson is gone by then?

If the Bills have a serious need for an RB, and don't take the best one available, especially if that player is as much a "special talent" as Lynch, I'd be ticked if I was a Bills fan.

BlueBrewer
02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Lynch just ran a 4.51 40 on his first try, that has to hurt his rank.

TennesseePackerBacker
02-25-2007, 01:55 PM
lol, 4.51 for Lynch, maybe PackerPro42 will get off his nuts now

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 01:55 PM

GOOD!!!

I really like the way he plays football. He's got burst, he plays tough, he catches the ball well, he's been a very productive player. I did't think he was as fast as he said he was earlier in the month.

He might be there when we pick still. 4.5 doesn't bother me at all. Any slower and I'd be concerned, but he's got the burst and skill ot make up for not being blazing fast.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Well, we knew he wasn't a burner.

Bretsky
02-25-2007, 02:10 PM

GOOD!!!

I really like the way he plays football. He's got burst, he plays tough, he catches the ball well, he's been a very productive player. I did't think he was as fast as he said he was earlier in the month.

He might be there when we pick still. 4.5 doesn't bother me at all. Any slower and I'd be concerned, but he's got the burst and skill ot make up for not being blazing fast.

Good; maybe he'll be there when we pick then. Lynch, Nelson, Landry, or a trade down.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I keep reading that Landry will be long gone. Looks like Nelson or Lynch or a trade down?

esoxx
02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, we knew he wasn't a burner.

Whadda mean? Lynch said he ran a 4.36 40.

Bright man he is not.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I mean that on other threads people - including me - who watched the highlight reels noticed that Lynch got caught from behind an awful lot.

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I mean that on other threads people - including me - who watched the highlight reels noticed that Lynch got caught from behind an awful lot.

I agree. I think it's more important to have that quick burst to get through the hole (Lynch clearly had) but your right, it was obvious that he wasn't a burner even in his highlight video.

On the bright side, this could be just the blemish that drops him to us. It's funny, our biggest need is RB and it looks like the best player available might be a RB. Last season it was a LB and now this. It really couldn't get any better.

Brando19
02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Updating a previous item, California RB Marshawn Lynch unofficially ran his second 40-yard dash in 4.49 seconds Sunday, Feb. 25.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm not a huge Lynch fan, but I guess if Ted likes him and picks him I'd be cool with it.

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh crap, 4.49 sounds just fast enough to make make him more desirable. I really hope it's 4.50. It just sounds so much worse.

TennesseePackerBacker
02-25-2007, 02:37 PM

I agree. I think it's more important to have that quick burst to get through the hole (Lynch clearly had) but your right, it was obvious that he wasn't a burner even in his highlight video.

On the bright side, this could be just the blemish that drops him to us. It's funny, our biggest need is RB and it looks like the best player available might be a RB. Last season it was a LB and now this. It really couldn't get any better.

How could our biggest need be RB? I'm pretty sure most sites have our biggest needs as being WR/TE first, then either S or RB, followed by D line help and a nickle corner.

TT probably won't draft an RB first round when there are some he could pick up in rd 2 or 3, the ZBS doesn't need premier backs to work, just the right ones.

ND72
02-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Just read that IF Buffalo is able to trade McGahee, they will look to take the top RB (most likely Lynch) at the #12 selection.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm not dying for the guy. If he's there, cool, if not, it's okay. Trust in Ted.

ND72
02-25-2007, 02:45 PM
I personally like Lynch...but, personally...I think this is a very deep draft...I'd like to see us drop back to like 20, grab a few more picks, and stock up some solid players.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Me too, ND. I'd like to see TT drop down even twice, grab a Dwayne Bowe, and get extra picks.

esoxx
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM

I know, I was being faceitious.

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I personally like Lynch...but, personally...I think this is a very deep draft...I'd like to see us drop back to like 20, grab a few more picks, and stock up some solid players.

If Lynch isn't there, I agree. However, I think Lynch is good enough that it would be tough to get a late 1st and 2nd that equal his impact.

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I agree with that completely as well.

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 04:36 PM
4.49, 4.51 is probably what scouts expected. Nothing to make him jump up or down. Still might be available at #16. Then again, he's clearly the second best RB in the draft, so he may go higher.

red
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
4.49, 4.51 is probably what scouts expected. Nothing to make him jump up or down. Still might be available at #16. Then again, he's clearly the second best RB in the draft, so he may go higher.

thats about what i expected out of him, so his 40 time chances nothing in my mind. 4.5 is pretty decent for a RB, barry sanders ran in the 4.5's and he was ok.

the guy is a big boy, and runs well for his size. i liked what i saw out of him today

Joemailman
02-25-2007, 07:05 PM

(10:00 AM): Bills shopping RB McGahee… Buffalo officials in Indianapolis are reportedly doing more than just assessing college football talent at this week’s NFL Scouting Combine. According to New York Giants new G.M. Jerry Reese the Bills have let it be known that starting RB Willis McGahee is available via a trade. Other NFL sources also confirmed that the Bills are actively seeking a trade partner for McGahee, Buffalo's 2003 first-round draft pick. It is not known if any teams have approached the Bills about McGahee, but at least one appears to have some interest. It is also unknown what the Bills' asking price would be, but it is unlikely they would get more than a late-round pick in exchange as McGahee as he is entering the final year of his original five-year contract and will be a free agent as the end of the year if he isn’t signed him to a long-term contract. McGahee is also coming off a sub-par season during which he rushed for 990 yards, the first time in three years he failed to top the 1,000-yard mark. McGahee also brought on some bad publicity after the season when he became the defendant in a paternity suit for the third time in two years. Then in an interview with Penthouse Magazine, he suggested the Bills should move to Toronto, though he later said his comments were taken out of context. The interested team appears to be the Giants who are looking for replacement for Tiki Barber to pair with Brandon Jacobs. And whether McGahee remains in Buffalo or not, the Bills appear prepared to draft a RB. The position isn't considered very deep this year and the top back, Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson, likely will be gone by the time the Bills make their opening round pick, however, Marshawn Lynch of California might be an option for the Bills at the 12th pick.

I expect TT to take Lynch if he is available. If McGahee is traded however, you can probably forget about the Packers having a shot at him.

red
02-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I expect TT to take Lynch if he is available. If McGahee is traded however, you can probably forget about the Packers having a shot at him.

not necessarily

they could decide that another position is in greater need. and this draft actually has a nice amount of talent at RB, they could decide that they can still get a nice back at the top of the second

they also have a-train on that team, maybe for some idiot reason they think he can be their main guy

billy_oliver880
02-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Kenny Irons ran a 4.44 forty.

red
02-25-2007, 07:23 PM

thats one of the guys that could be there in the second when the bills pick again. i thought irons has looked good in the combine and skills contests i've seen him do. i'm not sure why he's slipping so bad right now.

there was a point a couple months ago where some thought he was the #3 RB in the draft

BallHawk
02-25-2007, 07:24 PM

I'd love to get Irons if we traded down in the 1st. You can't discredit Auburn's reputation of producing NFL quality RBs.

FritzDontBlitz
02-25-2007, 07:36 PM
i havent heard much about michael bush from louisville so far. is he considered a sleeper prospect because of breaking his leg the first game of the 2006 season? if he's healthy he could be the steal of the draft...

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 08:31 PM
NFL.com has Lynch as 4.46

Joemailman
02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
4.46 is plenty far for a running back. Peterson ran 4.40.

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Crap, that is what I was worried about. He has no kinks in his armour. He's a top notch RB. I don't want to get my hopes up on him.

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Check this guy out. He's a late round projection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JMq0FLpb9I

Charles Woodson
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Could he be used as a FB?, hes listed on NFL countdown at 5-9 248.. He sure was pretty fast

billy_oliver880
02-25-2007, 08:59 PM

That dude is a LOAD! :shock:

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
He has the burst and ability to get in the hole and through quickly. I'd say he oculd be a RB. Worste case he's a hell of a redzone back.

I got this from a guy at another forum so if anyone's seen it, I'm stealing it

billy_oliver880
02-25-2007, 09:05 PM
He has the burst and ability to get in the hole and through quickly. I'd say he oculd be a RB. Worste case he's a hell of a redzone back.

Scat back? I don't know how many db's that could take that guy straight on and win. :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Gotta love these scouts. I like the guy, but I wonder what the odds of him being a Pro Bowler, or leading all NFC linemen and sacks and tackles in the same season are.

Adam Carricker, Nebraska, DE-DT, 6-6¼, 292, sr.: Could play end or tackle, and is especially tough and competitive. "You'd like to have him," another scout said. "A Kampman-type guy but better. A big-bodied kid that's going to work hard and make plays."

SD GB fan
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Gotta love these scouts. I like the guy, but I wonder what the odds of him being a Pro Bowler, or leading all NFC linemen and sacks and tackles in the same season are.

Adam Carricker, Nebraska, DE-DT, 6-6¼, 292, sr.: Could play end or tackle, and is especially tough and competitive. "You'd like to have him," another scout said. "A Kampman-type guy but better. A big-bodied kid that's going to work hard and make plays."

i think what he means by kampman-type is that he is a hard worker and may surprise you with his play. it doesnt necessary mean he will be a pro bowler, leading the NFC in sacks and tackles, but he has the potential to do so.

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
He said he was a Kampman-type but better.

SD GB fan
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
He said he was a Kampman-type but better.

i interpretted that in terms of talent and size. the guy is 6-6, almost 300 lbs. i think the key word is "type." he is a better version of the kampman-type, but it doesnt necessarily mean he will exceed kampman himself, unless he reaches his complete potential.

RashanGary
02-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Scat back? I don't know how many db's that could take that guy straight on and win. :shock:

LOL...What I meant was that it looked like he had enough burst to get through openings quickly enough to be a RB instead of FB. I think good RB's usually accelerate quickly. This guy seems to do that even though he's big. I think he has a chance.

Lurker64
02-25-2007, 10:55 PM

I'd spend a day 2 pick on him just because he's fun to watch.

PackerPro42
02-26-2007, 06:42 AM
I would say he's definitely worth a try and a pick. IDK how his blocking is but he seems like a cheap alternative at FB. He's big, he's fast. he can run the short yards, and most importantly he can catch. The screen to the FB really died last year and I would like to see the Packers pick this guy and implement it into their system again.

BallHawk
02-26-2007, 06:55 AM
i havent heard much about michael bush from louisville so far. is he considered a sleeper prospect because of breaking his leg the first game of the 2006 season? if he's healthy he could be the steal of the draft...

He could go in the 2nd round, but since he is such a big back there's no way he could really fit in our system.

woodbuck27
02-26-2007, 10:17 AM

TT won't risk the criticism he may receive (trading down too far) in the first and 'the fact', that first rounder in free fall - Aaron Rodgers, may never be a bona fide starter for us and thus a wasted pick.

I don't believe that he has carte blanche on when OUR team arrives back in the real thick of the fight to get to a Super Bowl. This is a really important draft for Ted Thompson's future with the Packers.

I agree with a previous post, that it's smart to bundle talent to utilize at the #16 spot. Only trade down if you can gurantee the Packers one player available in your bundle.

woodbuck27
02-26-2007, 11:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10021441

Combine Results: Day 4 - RB's

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 25, 2007) -- The 2007 NFL Scouting Combine is in full swing, and NFL Network is bringing fans all the important action.

Day 4 is here, and that means more players are running and working out. For all the latest results, check here for updates throughout the day.

Group 6 (RB) -- Top Five Results: 20 Shuttle

1. Garrett Wolfe Northern Illinois 4.08
2. Ahmad Bradshaw Marshall 4.09
3. Chris Henry Arizona 4.14
4. Brandon Jackson Nebraska 4.14
5. Antonio Pittman Ohio St. 4.16

Group 6 (RB) -- Top Five Results: 60 Shuttle

1.Kenny Irons Auburn 11.47
2. Chris Henry Arizona 11.51
3. Briand Leonards Rutgers 11.59
4. Nate Ilaoa Hawaii 11.78
5. Marshawn Lynch Cal-Berkeley 11.80

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Three Cone

1. Garrett Wolfe Northern Illinois 6.69
2. Ahmad Bradshaw Marshall 6.70
3. Antonio Pittman Ohio St. 6.84
4. Brian Leonard Rutgers 6.88
5. Chris Henry Arizona 6.96
6. Ramonce Taylor Texas 6.98
7. Kenny Irons Auburn 7.00
8. Brandon Jackson Nebraska 7.00
9. Marshawn Lynch Cal-Berkeley 7.05
10. Jason Snelling Virginia 7.06

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Vertical Jump

1. Darius Walker Notre Dame 40 1/2
2. Adrian Peterson Oklahoma 38 1/2
3. Kenny Irons Auburn 38
4. Kolby Smith Louisville 38
5. Cory Anderson Tennessee 37
6. Brandon Jackson Nebraska 37
7. Thomas Clayton Kansas St. 36 1/2
8. Chris Henry Arizon 36
9. Marshawn Lynch Cal Berkeley 35 1/2
10. Eldra Buckley Tennessee-Chatt 35 1/2

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: Broad Jump

1. Chris Henry Arizona 10'7"
2. Adrian Peterson Oklahoma 10'7"
3. Marshawn Lynch Cal-Berkeley 10'5"
4. Ramonce Taylor Texas 10'5"
5. Keny Irons Auburn 10'3"
6. Antonio Pittman Ohio St. 10'3"
7. Darius Walker Notre Dame 10'3"
8. Brandon Jackson Nebraska 10'2"
9. Brian Leonard Rutgers 10'2"
10. Lorenzo Booker Florida St. 10'1"

Group 6 (RB) -- Top 10 Results: 40-Yard Dash

1. Chris Henry Arizona 4.40
2. Adrian Peterson Oklahoma 4.40
3. Antonio Pittman Ohio St. 4.40
4. Kenny Irons Auburn 4.45
5. Lorenzo Booker Florida St 4.46
6. Marshawn Lynch Cal 4.46
7. DeShawn Wynn Florida 4.48
8. Alonzo Coleman Hampton 4.49
9. Ramonce Taylor Texas 4.50
10. Kolby Smith Louisville 4.51

Note: All results are received from NFL Network.

red
02-26-2007, 11:07 AM
the amazing thing is AP had a great showing at the combine, AFTER finding out his brother had died earlier on sunday

takes guts

Partial
02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Pittman had a heck of a day it looks like. He certainly seems agile as well as possesses 4.4 linear speed. If he has good vision and balance he could be a great ZBS back.

HarveyWallbangers
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Pittman was weak in the bench press though. I think he only threw it up 15-16 times.

Partial
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Pittman was weak in the bench press though. I think he only threw it up 15-16 times.

I think a great combine activity would be to see how the guys sumo-wrestle against others at their position. I am 100% serious, too. It would reveal character, tenacity, strength, perseverance, etc.

red
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
garrett wolfe put it up 22 times i think, one of the most by a rb

this guy has unreal talent, with his only knock being that he's too small

but the guy seems strong as hell, and for his size he's not all that skinny, i would think he could hold up as a RB in the pro's

barry was a short little guy too

Partial
02-26-2007, 11:24 AM
garrett wolfe put it up 22 times i think, one of the most by a rb

this guy has unreal talent, with his only knock being that he's too small

but the guy seems strong as hell, and for his size he's not all that skinny, i would think he could hold up as a RB in the pro's

barry was a short little guy too

Lets put him in the circle and see how he does. If he went over .500 in the sumo-round-robin with the running backs, then i'd consider him more than a returner and scat back.