PDA

View Full Version : Marty Schottenheimer to join Packers staff for '07 season?

esoxx
02-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Sounds like it could happen, as a consultant.

Found this little blurb at JS:

"Marty Schottenheimer, who gave McCarthy his first job in pro coaching, might figure in Green Bay this season in a consulting role.

"I think that's something that could be visited down the road," McCarthy said. "He's the best football coach I've ever had the opportunity to work with."

Schottenheimer, 63, was fired last week as coach of the San Diego Chargers."

esoxx
02-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Are two Schottenheimer's better than one? Maybe he could give some advice to his brother.

mmmdk
02-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Marty knows something; I always liked his 'one play at a time' stance to his coaching and he coaches fundamentals. Marty, apparently, lacks that little something to make him a winner in playoffs too. Marty has always been the 'King' of regular season. Marty came close with Montana though but he screwed it up with San Diego; Chargers were the most dominant team in the NFL last season.

But I'd, nonetheless, listen to Marty as a consultant...maybe then McCarthy might start running the damn ball 8)

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 07:51 AM
If we got Marty he could coach Marshawn Lynch to be the next LT.

Scott Campbell
02-24-2007, 09:06 AM

Are you also going to give credit to Wayne Fontes for creating Barry Sanders?

RashanGary
02-24-2007, 09:16 AM

Thsi guy has got to be Tank. Since "TANK" I've yet to run into a more repetative; trolling personality. Well JS"Skinny" from the bucks board, Tank and now this guy.

I wonder if they are one in the same?

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 09:23 AM

Thsi guy has got to be Tank. Since "TANK" I've yet to run into a more repetative; trolling personality. Well JS"Skinny" from the bucks board, Tank and now this guy.

My guess would be relatives.

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 09:41 AM

My guess would be relatives.

Nope, you are incorrect.

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 09:51 AM

Now you're just being mean. Yeah, I really like Lynch and I hope the Packers try to get him. But I don't accuse you of being a trolling personality when in every draft thread you say, I want Lynch or Hall. I'm not trying to call you on it because you say it repetitively, but I would appreciate it if you didn't down grade me because I state my opinion.

Charles Woodson
02-24-2007, 09:53 AM

No because PP42 can support his posts... Tank would just spew random shit without giving reason

RashanGary
02-24-2007, 10:08 AM

Now you're just being mean. Yeah, I really like Lynch and I hope the Packers try to get him. But I don't accuse you of being a trolling personality when in every draft thread you say, I want Lynch or Hall. I'm not trying to call you on it because you say it repetitively, but I would appreciate it if you didn't down grade me because I state my opinion.

Shut up Tank.

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, I can see that I got through to you. I'm not tank buddy.

MadtownPacker
02-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Shut up Tank.GJ, you really have no room to talk when it comes to this subject.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 10:58 AM

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow, another useful post by BallHawk.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Yes, and the above mentioned post is extremely valuable to this forum. Your contribution is beyond words. :roll:

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM
If I replied to all your usless posts the way you do to mine, i would be here all day.

MadtownPacker
02-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Hope you girls dont mind me replying to Esoxx's topic...

Yeah why not bring him in, like someone said, maybe he will stop M3 from being so trigger happy with redzone passing.

Tony Oday
02-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Will he kill his brother? If so hey why not bring him in...

MadtownPacker
02-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Will he kill his brother? If so hey why not bring him in...You think he might after getting fired for his ass.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 11:52 AM
If we can bring something to M3's already empty cuboard of plays, why not. Maybe he can succeed as an assistant, but not an HC. I'd be for it.

Maybe he could turn Greg Jennings into the next Jerry Rice. :wink:

ahaha
02-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Schottenheimer to the Pack? All right, that will help the Packers get "The Gleem". Because, you gotta have the gleem men, gotta have the gleem.

SD GB fan
02-24-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah, id like to have marty on the staff, i cant see how this would hurt us at all. btw just wondering, exactly what does a consultant do? i know we wont need to pay him a lot of money, because San Diego is still feeding him this season.

MadtownPacker
02-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Thats a good point about the $$$ SD. Throw in the fact the Pack plays the AFC West (SD, DEN, KC and OAK), a division he is very familiar with and this sounds like a great idea.

Scott Campbell
02-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Why not. His pay wouldn't count against the cap. If he sucks, just fire him. And that's what I wish they had done with Kurt.

FritzDontBlitz
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
marty has no people skills but he's a great defensive mind and we need help on that side of the ball. as long as he doesnt start tryin to run the entire organization i have no problem with bringin him in to pick his brain.

Partial
02-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I would love to bring him in. He may not have the nads to get it done in the playoffs, but he certainly knows how to turn boys into men.

BooHoo
02-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I have no problem with it. It can't hurt and maybe would do his brother some good.