PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones

DannoMac21
02-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Report: Titans shopping trouble-prone Pacman

The Titans are reportedly "actively shopping" troubled CB Pacman Jones.

When asked about the situation Friday, Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said he'd "assume there is that potential" that Jones could be moved. Profootballtalk.com reports the Titans could take as little as a third-round pick in exchange for Jones. Moving him would cost them $5.4 million, but the Titans have plenty of breathing room to withstand the cap hit. Feb. 23 - 4:55 pm et

Per Rotoworld.com

MadtownPacker
02-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Just a 3rd round pick?? At this point their organization is showing its true colors just like they did with McNair.

packers11
02-24-2007, 01:34 AM
get him... grab moss... than we got all the thugs... I LIKE IT!!!

This team needs a little attitude anyway... :D

PackerPro42
02-24-2007, 07:59 AM
No kidding, if they're asking for a third take the guy. He's a great football player that can help contribute to the return game as well. GB is known for turning guys around. Here's my idea, give them Ferguson and a 5th rounder and then give the raiders a third and holiday. Then our teams would be set and it would be a good day in Packers paradise.

MJZiggy
02-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Nah, the Bengals will probably offer a first. :P

Scott Campbell
02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Not interested. At all. At any price.

red
02-24-2007, 09:03 AM
this guy might never be allowed to see a football field again after this little mess

and if the NFL adopts the 3 strike rule that the players now say they want then pacman wouldn't be in the nfl for too long

if i were the titans i'd take what i could get for him at this point, he'll either be in prison or banned for life within the year

Brando19
02-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I am from West Virginia....Randy Moss played for Marshall here in West Virginia...I'd love to have him on our team because he's an excellent player. Sure he's had his problems...but nothing severe. Pacman Jones played for West Virginia University. This guy is a beast and is an excellent football player, but there's no chance in HELL I'd want him to play for the Packers. Everytime you turn around...he's in some trouble. Not just running a red light kinda trouble...SERIOUS trouble. He's a thug that'll end up spending the rest of his life in prison before it's all said and done. He'd be a waste of a pick.

esoxx
02-24-2007, 11:12 AM
The Titans are collectively high if they think anyone's going to trade for this piece of human garbage.

MadtownPacker
02-24-2007, 11:24 AM
No kidding, if they're asking for a third take the guy.I meant that they have alot of nerve asking a third for a player they should just cut. But the titans seem to not care about doing the right thing thats why I mentioned McNair.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't give a single dollar for him. :wink:

ahaha
02-24-2007, 12:10 PM
This guy is Lawrence Phillips all over again. I wouldn't trade a fifth round pick for him. If the Titans would take Manuel, straight up, then maybe.

CaliforniaCheez
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
http://www.wboy.com/images/071305060031_Adam_Jones1.jpg

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1690889/posts

Just a quick taste of this "quality" citizen of the NFL community ...

10/2003: Jones was sentenced to one year in jail following a bar fight while he was a student at West Virginia University, but the sentence was suspended and he was placed on two years probation. His probation was scheduled to end on Thursday.

4/27/05: Adam "Pacman" Jones was at Club Blaze in Conley, Ga., around 3 a.m. ET on April 27 when officers responded to a fight involving two women. Andrea Akins, a supervisor at the club, told police she was punched in the mouth by a woman who was with Jones. But she later told police the woman "had nothing to do with the altercation," a police report said.

Both women were handcuffed, but were released without any arrests.

7/13/05: The Tennessee Titans' top draft pick, Adam "Pacman" Jones, was arrested Wednesday on charges of assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation. Jones surrendered to Nashville police at Titans headquarters Wednesday morning. Jones was in handcuffs, a white T-shirt and light blue exercise pants when he appeared smiling before a night court commissioner, who set bond at $7,000. The charges included one felony vandalism charge and two misdemeanor counts of assault.

9/5/05: The annual Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon was held at the Renaissance Hotel. Among the 800 guest was none other than Pacman Jones ... later that evening Jones was counseled for a loud verbal tantrum when he was told to wait in line for his vehicle. He also refused to pay for any valet services used that evening.

10/25/05: In a petition filed by the state, it was alleged that Jones has not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and that he did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion.

Judge Robert Stone in Morgantown granted the probation extension of 90 days, though the state requested for it to be extended up to a year.

4/11/06: Nine people were arrested on suspicion of having roles in two major drug rings that trafficked cocaine and marijuana in Sumner and Davidson counties, including a Nashville man with possible ties to Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, authorities said yesterday.

Officers from Davidson and Sumner counties seized 1,653 pounds of marijuana, 128 pounds of cocaine, more than 20 vehicles and $608,000, police said.

4/18/06: Police say Pacman was one of 12 or more people that gathered at a gas station in Nashville when a fight broke out and gunshots were fired.

A surveillance camera shows that Pacman was identified as being in the crowd and he confirmed that fact to police.

8/23/06: Jones was also accused of simple assault by Toya Garth, who said Jones spit in her face. Garth said Jones "got very close to her and spit in her face, and which point she stated she spit back in his face,'' according to statement taken by police.

After Jones was asked to leave, police said he began yelling profanities and was arrested by Officer Matt Baldwin.

"Mr. Jones was given several opportunities to leave, he just wouldn't do it,'' Lt. Alvin Baird said. "As he was leaving he hung out the passenger side of the vehicle and began yelling profanities at the security at Sweetwater Saloon, and he put us in a place where we had to do something. Jones was also said to have bloodshot eyes and a strong odor of alcohol.

He was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Plus the newly discoverd:

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/SPORTS01/70228066

Steve Heaton, chief of the Fayetteville Police Department, said
“One of our officers was involved in a traffic stop with him, and after Pacman and others ran into a home, there was a physical altercation between him and the officer and he was involved in that. He was arrested for that," Heaton said. “I think any time we have somebody who fights with an officer it is a pretty serious matter.’’

As news surfaced about that incident, it was also confirmed Jones was arrested and charges with marijuana possession in March 2006 in the same county.

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/253963/pacman.jpg

Randy Moss and Pacman. I can't believe anyone would want them to befoul a Packer uniform.

Freak Out
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Pacman faces obstruction charge in Georgia
Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is scheduled to appear in court in Georgia later this month on obstruction charges from an incident with police last year, The Tennessean reported on its Web site Wednesday night.

Jones, who has been staying with family and friends near his hometown of Atlanta, was recently accused of being involved in a fight at a Las Vegas strip club that ended in the shootings of two bouncers and a customer. Police have not named any suspects in the case and no one has been charged.

Now Jones is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Fayetteville, Ga., on subpoenas for felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges for an incident outside a home in February 2006, The Tennessean reported. Jones owns a home in Fayetteville.

"One of our officers was involved in a traffic stop with him, and after Pacman and others ran into a home, there was a physical altercation between him and the officer, and he was involved in that. He was arrested for that," Police Chief Steve Heaton told the newspaper.

It wasn't immediately known why the charges weren't filed earlier.

The Tennessean also reported that Jones was arrested and charged with marijuana possession in the same county a month later, but the charges were later dismissed.

Worrick Robinson, one of Jones' attorneys, declined comment to the newspaper Wednesday night. Phone messages left late Wednesday night at the offices of Robinson and Atlanta attorney Manny Arora weren't immediately returned.

The alleged obstruction occurred one night in February when Jones and friends were sitting in a car outside a house around 1 a.m., Heaton said. Police had been monitoring the area for burglaries and when they approached the car there was a verbal confrontation. Jones wasn't suspected of being involved in any burglaries.

"The verbal altercation led to a physical confrontation and they ran into a home they were sitting outside of. We had to run in and get them and there was a physical confrontation with Pacman and he was charged with the felony obstruction," Heaton said. "We had to get physical with him and he got physical with us."

Including the most recently reported Georgia incidents, there have been 10 instances where Jones has gotten into trouble and the police have been involved. He has been arrested four times. Charges from a Nashville nightclub incident in July 2005 were dismissed in March 2006. A judge dismissed a simple assault charge against Jones for spitting on a woman on Feb. 1.

The Titans have said they are monitoring Jones' legal troubles, but have refused to comment on any of the allegations.

HarveyWallbangers
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Don't want him. I'm all for bringing in Moss AT THE RIGHT PRICE because I think his off the field issues has been exaggerated, but this guy goes well beyond that.

red
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
is there anyone here that doesn't think they should just give him the chair now and get it over with?

MJZiggy
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Hahaha!

Rastak
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Don't want him. I'm all for bringing in Moss AT THE RIGHT PRICE because I think his off the field issues has been exaggerated, but this guy goes well beyond that.

That brings up a good point.....what is the "right price". I would think that would be an adequate percentage of what's left for this year as well as what sort of obligation remains for following years.

I hear alot of people here saying 5 mil a year is too much for player "X".
Who cares if it's a one year obligation and you have plenty of cap space left.

wist43
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
You simply can't bring punks like this into your organization w/o it affecting the state of your team.

It goes beyond being just a mild distraction... character matters. I've never suffered fools well, and don't want any part of Jones or Moss.

I'd imagine most of the people who are advocates for these guys are fairly young and don't realize the ramifications of having those types of individuals in your organization.

HarveyWallbangers
03-01-2007, 03:39 PM

That brings up a good point.....what is the "right price". I would think that would be an adequate percentage of what's left for this year as well as what sort of obligation remains for following years.

I hear alot of people here saying 5 mil a year is too much for player "X".
Who cares if it's a one year obligation and you have plenty of cap space left.

I'm not so worry about the finances. We have enough cap room, and for the amount of money teams have and who's available, there's not much I want in FA. I'm more concerned about the package given up. I'd say a 3rd round pick or Aaron Rodgers (because that's about the value I see him having right now).

woodbuck27
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Good grief . No no no . . .forget that one please :) .

MJZiggy
03-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting that they wanted him to play for the Packers. I also don't think anyone would really give a 3rd round pick for this piece of trash.

Kiwon
03-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Whatssup with you guys......Pacman Jones, Randy Moss, Joey Porter?

You want to start building an all-thug team? Hey, maybe Koren Robinson could give driving lessons?

Doesn't Nick Barnett's bar in Green Bay already have enough fights?

Think Bengals, folks!

red
03-01-2007, 10:56 PM
for crying out loud, he bit the damn cop

from pft

RAIN MAN BIT COP

Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper reports that Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones bit a police officer as part of the incident that resulted in felony obstruction charges being filed against him in early 2006.

"Adam Jones would not hold his hands together so the officer could put handcuffs on him to arrest him, and a fight ensued," said a representative of the district attorney's office in Fayette County, Georgia. "That's when he bit the officer on the thumb."

The bite caused the crime to increase from a misdemeanor to a felony.

McCormick also reports that Jones did not disclose the arrest to the team. As we explained on Thursday, failure to report an arrest is in and of itself a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

McCormick also reports that Jones' mother pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in a March 2006 incident at Jones' home in Fairburn, Georgia. Somehow, charges against Jones were dropped.

"There was marijuana all over the basement, and it was his house," said Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Drug Task Force. "Under constructive possession, that should have been enough for a jury to decide this case."

Does anyone out there think that Jones will ever play pro football again? We sure don't.

esoxx
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
is there anyone here that doesn't think they should just give him the chair now and get it over with?

It's funny. Some people want to give him the chair and some on this thread want to give up a 3rd round draft pick for him.

Talk about diversity of opinion.

GrnBay007
03-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Does anyone out there think that Jones will ever play pro football again? We sure don't.

It will be a crime in of itself if he does!

the_idle_threat
03-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Actively shopping? More like squatting and pushing ... :twisted: