PDA

View Full Version : No Love for Ruevell.

packerbacker1234
02-24-2007, 12:37 PM
here is a guy who made a statement last year: He can play in this league and can take the big hit.

He may not be the fastest, he may not be the best at routes, but sure as hell he holds on to that ball when it comes flying his way. Was anyone else impressed? He made all the plays that favre put him in position to make.

Sure, I think Moss and KR and heads above better, but you can't beat this guy in his class and work ethic. He is a quite guy and just goes out and does his job.

I'de like to see him around as our solid 4th WR if anything. I'de take him over furguson. This guy has heart.

SD GB fan
02-24-2007, 12:40 PM
he did what he had to do when his number was called. i doubt he will become a consistent playmaker and i question how much he will contribute if we upgrade our WR corp. but hes a good guy and a respectable #4 WR.

CaliforniaCheez
02-24-2007, 01:37 PM
He made a lot of improvement in skills from a year ago.

The more experience with Brett the better he will be.

He is the big target that QB's like.

He will improve from last year's play.

He is solid depth that does not casue you to cringe when he goes into the game. You never know when injuries will strike a position.

Fritz
02-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Dude, there is definitely no love: you didn't even spell his name correctly. Doh!

Joemailman
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
He came on at the end of the year and finally looked like the guy who was so impressive in training camp. 13 of his 21 catches occurred in December. Earlier in the year he sometimes wasn't ready for the ball on hot reads, and Favre whistled a couple past his ear. He needs to improve the mental aspects of being a receiver. His size and great hands give him a chance though. He has the ability to be a good red-zone target.

gbpackfan
02-24-2007, 05:31 PM
He's a GREAT No. 4 WR, no more, no less. I love the kid's heart though.

LL2
02-24-2007, 08:41 PM
It is just an instinct, but I think he has more potential than you guys are giving him credit for. I think he will turn out to be a solid player, maybe not a playmaker, but a solid player.

Bretsky
02-24-2007, 08:54 PM
he's a #4 IMO; if you have to rely on him for more you are in trouble

MJZiggy
02-24-2007, 09:02 PM
It is just an instinct, but I think he has more potential than you guys are giving him credit for. I think he will turn out to be a solid player, maybe not a playmaker, but a solid player.

Agreed.

mmmdk
02-25-2007, 02:56 AM
I just hope Packers keep more than 4 WRs this time, if not, then it probably means Packers hasen't upgraded the position.

I'm a wee bit worried when I read this from Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

The Packers have told Robert Ferguson that he will not be released.
He has a $2.5 million cap number and is recovering from a Lisfranc injury, but it looks like the always-injured Ferguson will get another chance. Maybe he'll battle Ruvell Martin and a rookie to be the Packers' third receiver until Koren Robinson comes off suspension.

TT wants to give Fergy another chance...if Fergy is on the Packers roster after final cuts then the WR position is still in shambles (apart from DD). You can't "air it out" with 1½ WR starter.

MadtownPacker
02-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Martin looked damn good when he had his chances. He is better then a #4 and could turn out to be a good #3.

I think TT just wants to play nice with Fergy before he gives him the boot this summer.

Fritz
02-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Heck yeah. Talk him up before you ship him off to Detroit for a fourth round pick next year...

packerbacker1234
02-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Well furgeson has usually been a good special team guy. I don't agree keeping him around for returns, but i'de rather seem him back there (with that high injury risk) then Woodson or Jennings.