PDA

View Full Version : Who is your 2nd favorite NFL team??

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 09:56 PM
If you have one..............

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
If you have one..............

RAMS- Back to the days of Vinnie Ferragamo and Pat Hayden when I hated those dam Cowboyz so much and the Rams could never get by them

ND72
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
sing it with me Chris Berman fans....San Diego...Super Chargers

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I loved the Miami Dolphins when Shula was the coach. When he got pushed out I soured on them and now my second favorite is whoever is playing the Vikings. As corney as it sounds it is the truth.

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
The throw back chargers uni's are awesome.

ND72
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Bulldog...i lived in minnestoa for 5 years...trust me...i know that feeling of who ever is playing the vikes

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Whoever's playing the Cowboys.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 10:04 PM
I guess I'd have to say the Raidaz. I like the enthusiasm of their fans. Their team is always unpredictable. And they wear black and silver (black is my favorite lack of color).

I figure that they are the antithesis of the Packers. Marketed well. Flashy. Unpredictable. If you gotta have a #2, I think it shouldn't be a carbon copy of #1.... :cool:

tyler

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 10:05 PM
The Pats

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Niners.

swede
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
I loathed the Pittsburgh Steelers during their dynasty years because I tend to root for the underdog when I don't have a dog in the fight, so to speak.

But I have been warming up to the Steelers ever since Bill Cowher stuffed a Polaroid of 11 men on the field into the front pocket of the official that had called his team for having 12 men on the field shortly before.

I also respect the way that his team would sometimes kick the shit out of teams they had no business beating by being just plain tougher and more physical. And a few times--one Monday night comes to mind--the other team was us.

When you think of Bill Cowher you don't imagine him smiling. You imagine him yelling at someone with spit flying out of his mouth.

I certainly did enjoy the Super Bowl this year.

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I need a new 2nd favorite. Mine used to be the Colts because I used to like Manning. Last year's calling out his OL in the post game interview really turned me off.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I swear I'm frickin cursed; having problems with the Big Screen Tube tonight and the draft is less than a week away. Dam Mitsubishi !

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
What about Brett calling out his Oline this offseason?

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I need a new 2nd favorite. Mine used to be the Colts because I used to like Manning. Last year's calling out his OL in the post game interview really turned me off.

I have a bunch of colleagues in TN, and it's amazing how down they are on Manning. They're still mad about him not winning the big games in college.

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I swear I'm frickin cursed; having problems with the Big Screen Tube tonight and the draft is less than a week away. Dam Mitsubishi !

Which one have you got? I've got one too.

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
What about Brett calling out his Oline this offseason?

down bulldog, down!! :razz:

There is a difference. Manning was pointing the finger at one specific game that happened to be a loss. Have you ever heard Brett publicly put the blame on any team member after a loss? I don't think so.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:25 PM

Which one have you got? I've got one too.

I have the 55" Wide Screen HDTV ready- Cost about 2800 or so but I got it at the American Friends and Family sale for around 2500. Great quality when it works.

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 10:34 PM
I didn't think there was much that could go wrong with them, until they blow up for good.

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 10:35 PM
haha.....B is in panic mode......no skin tonight and possibly no draft this weekend. Lets start a poll on what B will do ....

A) drive to GB this weekend
B) fork out the bucks for a new TV if delivery can be before Sat.
C) start searching for a bar to watch the draft
D) rely on the internet for his draft day info

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
haha.....B is in panic mode......no skin tonight and possibly no draft this weekend. Lets start a poll on what B will do ....

A) drive to GB this weekend
B) fork out the bucks for a new TV if delivery can be before Sat.
C) start searching for a bar to watch the draft
D) rely on the internet for his draft day info

C is tough with the wife and kids; be rough to get away with spending 12 hours at an area bar, and I must watch it

So that leaves A and B

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:40 PM
I didn't think there was much that could go wrong with them, until they blow up for good.

When I went down to watch 24 the screen looked like a bad DVD and it was going from good picture to bad DVD picture. Pissed me off that I had to watch 24 on the 32incher. 007 was right; no skinemax tonight so I'm hoping 007 will talk dirty or something :wink:

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 10:43 PM
.......or something would be the safe bet! :razz: :cool:

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Tank's the only one talking dirty in here.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:46 PM
.......or something would be the safe bet! :razz: :cool:

Cool; cause the or something is worse than talking dirty :wink:

BF4MVP
04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't have a second favorite..

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Growing up in FL, I followed the Fins pretty closely. So, I'd say they are my 2nd fav team.

B - go buy a new TV. You could get lucky like I did when I bought my 51" last year....when they came to deliver it, they brought me a 57" !

When they were hooking it up at my house, I'm thinking "wow, that looks bigger than it did at the store" and when I went to sign the delivery paperwork, it said 51", so I'm like 'well, ok. After they left, I'm out with the tape measure and sure enough.... 57" :)

I hope someone who ordered a 57 didn't get the 51 !! lol

No Mo Moss
04-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Just try to fix it yourself, how hard can it be. Just remember that violence and technology don't mix! :twisted:

oregonpackfan
04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Now that I am a transplant to the Pacific Northwest, I guess the Seattle Seahawks are my second favorite team.

Both of my daughters are Raiders fans(ugh!) See what happens when you don't raise your kids in Wisconsin!

Oregonpackfan

Guiness
04-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Knee jerk is Bills - due to proximity.

But I'm with Demon Rat on the Raiders thing. I like that the big section at the back of the NFL rule book is generally refered to as the Raider Rules because they were put in place to prevent the Raiders from taking advantage of loopholes.

I think one of the rules is the one that states you can not advance the ball on a fumble. Why? The Raiders would pitch the ball ahead and out of bounds - ruled a fumble, and the fumbling team got the ball back at the point it went out of bounds. 20yards downfield from where the guy 'fumbled' it.

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
I like the Bears :evil:

Tarlam!
04-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Ever sonce Eli snubbed the Bolts, I have been rooting for them. Ever since Big Ben has played for the Steelers, I have been rooting for them. And, how can you not be in awe of Plamer/Johnson plays?

If I hadda choose, I would be with ND, the bolts.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 07:36 AM
None. It used to be the Seahawks because I have relatives in Seattle, and Seattle folks are pretty cool about their teams. However, since they moved to the NFC I can't say that I "root" for them. If the Packers weren't in the league, that's the team I'd probably root for though. I like the Bengals uniforms, so if I had to pick one AFC team, that would probably be it.

Scott Campbell
04-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I like the Bears :evil:

What?

GoPackGo
04-25-2006, 08:10 AM
stillers

Partial
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
The Jags.

I have really liked them since Brunell was there and they battled with Denver in the conference championship. They had a few bad years but they're on the up and up with Del Rio. Byron Leftwich is my favorite non-packer in the league. Talk about a tough mofo. This guy plays balls to the walls every play ala Favre.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I have three 2nd fav teams:

Whoever is playing the queens, fibs, and kitties.

Oh yeah, whoever is playing the raiders too. Their fans are the lowest life form on the planet.

FavreChild
04-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Steelers.

Hard to hate the Bills (and their fans).

For awhile, the Bucs were my second team, but I'm over it. :wink:

billy_oliver880
04-25-2006, 11:45 AM
I always route for the Cards....I wouldn't mind if they won a few games here and there.

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 04:30 PM

Now did u like manning cause u thought he was hot? or because he played good football? :twisted: Lol living in miami i have to say the dolphins

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 04:31 PM
O and the Texans

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I always route for the Cards....I wouldn't mind if they won a few games here and there.

I'm a closet Cards fan too because my good buddy is one and he's had a tough haul for many years.

That's the only thing I'm in the closet about. I don't need a pup tent. :D

tyler

GrnBay007
04-25-2006, 06:00 PM

Now did u like manning cause u thought he was hot? or because he played good football? :twisted: Lol living in miami i have to say the dolphins

Actually I read stuff about him early in his career with the Colts that impressed me. At that time he seemed to be a pretty down to earth kind of player with great work ethic and dedication. It's not like I'd follow them much....just watch a game of theirs if the Packers weren't on or at a different time. The speed of their game when they are playing well is fun to watch.
Manning is attractive but not hot! :wink:

Anti-Polar Bear
04-25-2006, 06:25 PM
The Washington Ants (I try to minimize the use of the word Redskins because it is racist to some Native Americans; Washington, like all big, over populated cites, is an Ant Farm, so the name Ant is fitting).

The main reason I like the Ants is because there is nothing cheap about them. Their owner is a big spender, unlike our GM the Polar Bear. Other things i like about them: their stadium is a thing of beauty; fucking Lambeau Field need to get rid of those bleachers and put in single seats; bleachers are so 2nd class in a league that pride itself for being 1st class in everything. Lastly, the Ants' Cheerleaders are the most beauteous creatures to ever walk the ranks of life; even hotter than the Cowboys'

That said, I am not a Ants fan.

OS PA
04-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I've cheered for the Giants ever since Tiki fumbled three times in one playoff game. Yet was kept in to keep pounding the ball. It was really amazing to see how he grew as a running in that game and how he has grown into an elite back.