PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY: BRETT'S SURGERY DAY

TopHat
02-24-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070224/PKR01/70224068/1989

Favre plans ankle surgery for Monday By Pete Dougherty

Quarterback Brett Favre is scheduled to have surgery on his left ankle in Green Bay on Monday, according to sources familiar with the situation. Favre, who will have several bone spurs removed from his ankle, is expected to fly to Green Bay on Sunday and have the procedure performed Monday by team physician Pat McKenzie. However, there’s always the chance that the heavy snowstorms in Green Bay this weekend could prevent Favre from flying in from Mississippi on Sunday and thus force a postponement of the procedure.

Earlier this week at the NFL Scouting Combine, coach Mike McCarthy said Favre was going to have the surgery within a couple weeks and said his rehabilitation probably will take eight to 10 weeks. McCarthy said he expected Favre to be ready for the team’s first full-squad minicamp May 20, and if he has the surgery Monday, that will give him plenty of time to have recovered from surgery.

The Packers’ medical staff has recommended that Favre have the surgery for at least the last five years, but each offseason he put it off. But after deciding in early February that he was returning for his 17th NFL season, he also determined to have the surgery to alleviate the chronic pain and perhaps help his mobility a little.

FritzDontBlitz
02-24-2007, 06:47 PM
let's just hope these ice storms have passed by long before then. :shock:

oregonpackfan
02-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I hope Brett goes through with the surgery rather than putting it off. From what I understand, the type of surgery he is to receive is not all that serious.

I had foot surgery 10 years ago myself(neuroma under the ball of my foot.)
Like Brett, I had been avoiding it by electing for cortisone shots, shoe inserts, etc.

Months after I had the surgery and was pain-free, I kept wondering to myself, "Why did I bother putting it off for so long?"

Partial
02-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I think it will only help him. It's a good thing for the Packers!!

OPF, you always have a nice little story to go along with everything. Your life seems much more interesting than mine!!

oregonpackfan
02-24-2007, 08:31 PM
OPF, you always have a nice little story to go along with everything. Your life seems much more interesting than mine!![/quote]

Partial,

Thanks for the compliment. As far as my life being more interesting than yours, I have found that many of us feel "The grass is greener(or in this case, more interesting) on the other side of the fence."

There are probably aspects of your life that I would enviously say, "Geez, that Partial really has it good!" :)

Joemailman
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Is NFL Network going to provide live coverage of the event? Maybe Mooch could do play by play with Madden offering color commentary.

red
02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
i can't see how this could hurt him in any way, unless the dr. gets drunk and hacks off his foot

i think it will be one of those things where in a few months brett wil be going WTF? why didn't i do this a few years ago

GBRulz
02-25-2007, 09:31 PM
I hope he gets into town ok. We just got hit with a major snow storm. As of about 5 pm tonight I just happened to go by his house and he wasn't in town yet. The foot of snow was still in his driveway.....

packers11
02-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Lets all hope the doctor is secretly not a Viking/Lions/Bear fan... We could be in for some trouble...

Partial
02-25-2007, 09:49 PM
I hope he gets into town ok. We just got hit with a major snow storm. As of about 5 pm tonight I just happened to go by his house and he wasn't in town yet. The foot of snow was still in his driveway.....

Does he shovel, snowblow, or plow it? If I had to bet, he seems like a shoveler to me.

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I bet he definitely has some kind of tractor/snow plow. I see Brett as a lazy SOB. He'll do yardwork, but that's just so he throw a chew in without his wife giving him shit.

Partial
02-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I bet he definitely has some kind of tractor/snow plow. I see Brett as a lazy SOB. He'll do yardwork, but that's just so he throw a chew in without his wife giving him shit.

Perhaps he has the lazy mans plow; Just putting a plow attachment onto a lawn tractor. This way he gets the time to himself and the ease of plowing. I could see him doing that. Using a pickup to plow is too fast.

GBRulz
02-25-2007, 11:19 PM

Does he shovel, snowblow, or plow it? If I had to bet, he seems like a shoveler to me.

A shoveler? No way. He likes his tractors too much!

However, him using a plow/tractor on a driveway that small is equivalent to those guys that have to have a riding lawn mower for their 1/4 acre yard in the city. It could be possible, but I doubt it.

Joemailman
02-25-2007, 11:54 PM

Perhaps a neighbor who just happens to go past his house will take care of the shoveling so he doesn't hurt his foot. :P

GBRulz
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM

Perhaps a neighbor who just happens to go past his house will take care of the shoveling so he doesn't hurt his foot. :P

hmmm, why didn't I think of something like that?? :wink:

woodbuck27
02-26-2007, 10:33 AM

He's got the money,talent,versatility and time to do all three. :)

GBRulz
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
This is the doc doing favre's surgery. Native of the area, he HAS to be a Packer fan :lol:

http://www.uwosh.edu/athletic_training/staff.php

(Dr. Partrick McKenzie)

Joemailman
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Packers QB Favre finally has ankle surgery Click here to find out more!
NFL.com wire reports

GREEN BAY, Wis. (Feb. 26, 2007) -- Packers quarterback Brett Favre had minor ankle surgery and is expected to recover in time for offseason workouts.

Favre, who plans to return for his 17th NFL season, has been bothered for several years by a buildup of bone spurs in his left ankle. He kept putting off the procedure, and skipped out on a previously scheduled surgery Jan. 1.

"The procedure went as expected and he is recovering at this time," Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson said in a statement. "We expect no complications and that he will be cleared to participate in offseason workouts similar to his schedule in 2006."

Favre had surgery on the same ankle after a similar problem in 1995.

Favre said the week before the Packers' Dec. 31 season finale in Chicago that the pain was worse in practice because in games, you just "suck it up and go."

"I don't want to sound like John Wayne," Favre said. "It's not, 'Favre's walking around with knives sticking in his foot.' It's painful at times, but there's a lot of people who go through similar things."

Even with his past struggles with addiction to prescription painkillers, Favre said at the time that he could have taken medicine to dull the pain last year -- but he didn't.

"I guess I could, if it really came down to it," Favre said. "But that wouldn't help in this case. Because when I wake up in the morning, it takes me, I don't know, a while just to move around and all that stuff. But once I get going during the day, it's tolerable. And to take them during the game, which I never did before, that wouldn't be worth it."

MadtownPacker
02-26-2007, 07:11 PM
If I was the doc I would sell the bone chips on eBay.

Is it asking too much to ask #4 to have a season like he did after the last surgery?

b bulldog
02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Just curious, why wasn't it performed earlier?? Anyone know?

HarveyWallbangers
02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Just curious, why wasn't it performed earlier?? Anyone know?

What does it matter. Supposed to be good to go long before the first mini-camp. It's just bone spurs.

b bulldog
02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I heard on the fan today that it will be iffy. Johnny Gray had the same surgery and he said it is awfully painful to play with and Brett should be able to move much better than he did before. He said it was like walking on pins.

GBRulz
02-26-2007, 09:44 PM
If I was the doc I would sell the bone chips on eBay.

Is it asking too much to ask #4 to have a season like he did after the last surgery?

Brett actually said he would do it (sell the bone spurs) through his foundation, but didn't think Deanna would go for it!

Per the GB Fox station, all is well with Brett - they actually interviewed Deanna.

red
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
i'd sell them on e-bay

if britneys skank ass hair can get some nice money, then an actual piece of god should get a ton of money