PDA

View Full Version : Broncos RB DEAD!

Brando19
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos RB Damien Nash died Saturday, Feb. 24, after a charity basketball game, according to his agent David Canter. Nash was 24 and the cause of death was not immediately known.

packers11
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Nash collapses and dies after charity basketball gameBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Denver Broncos reserve tailback Damien Nash collapsed and died Saturday evening after an appearance in a charity basketball game in St. Louis.

Nash, a two-year NFL veteran, was 24.

Agent David Canter confirmed his client's death, as did Denver team officials.

Canter, who is attending the annual NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, was first contacted by ESPN.com earlier in the evening, after ESPN.com received reports of Nash's death from people close to other players who had participated in the basketball game. While he was on the phone with ESPN.com, Canter, who was unaware of the incident, received a call from Denver officials confirming Nash's death.

"It's true," said an obviously distraught Canter. "It's true. I don't know what more to say right now, OK?"

Details of the incident were not yet available, and an official with the St. Louis police said an investigation was in its "very earliest" stages.

The proceeds of the event were to benefit the Darris Nash Find A Heart Foundation, which raises money for heart transplant research. The foundation was created last month after Darris Nash, 25, the older brother of Damien Nash, received a heart transplant.

A former University of Missouri standout, Nash entered the NFL as a fifth-round choice of the Tennessee Titans in 2005. He played three games with the Titans as a rookie, and then signed with Denver as a free agent last August. In his one season in Denver, he appeared in three games, rushing 18 times for 66 yards.

Nash is the second Broncos' player to die since the end of the 2006 season. Two-year veteran cornerback Darrent Williams was shot to death in a limousine after leaving a Denver-area nightclub on Jan. 1.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
My God, this franchise gets hit tragically again.

God Bless Nash's family and friends. My prayers are with them.

ND72
02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
God is not like Denver right now.

digitaldean
02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Wow...

Just read the report before logging back into PR...

And the guy was trying to do some good in raising money for heart transplant research.

Tragic and another tough blow to the Broncos.

BallHawk
02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Why does it always happen to the good guys? Any loss of death is tragic, but why does it always happen to the Nash's of the world instead of the Pacman Jones'?

the_idle_threat
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
The worst thing is ... bad things usually come in threes ... :!:

MJZiggy
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I'd insert a joke there, but just can't do it in this thread. Stories like these just should never happen. Mamas should never have to bury their sons.

the_idle_threat
02-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I agree ... this is tragic. Folks in the Broncos org. have to be absolutely shell-shocked. :( :( :(

But I can help it ... I gotta say it ... if things like this come in threes, I hope the third death in Denver is Javon Walker's career. (Not Javon Walker ... just his career.) :twisted:

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I agree ... this is tragic. Folks in the Broncos org. have to be absolutely shell-shocked. :( :( :(

But I can help it ... I gotta say it ... if things like this come in threes, I hope the third death in Denver is Javon Walker's career. (Not Javon Walker ... just his career.) :twisted:

Remind me to never never piss you off...... :|

Pacopete4
02-25-2007, 03:40 AM
it shouldnt happen to anyone.. no one in the NFL or in life should die like this guy did.. Pacman Jones might be a total ass/idiot but he shouldnt have it happen either.. but thats life and thats what makes it so precious.. thoughts are with his family and friends

Kiwon
02-25-2007, 04:28 AM
It's hard to believe that these top athletes can just drop dead at age 24. Based on past cases, I assume it was a congenital heart defect.

BallHawk
02-25-2007, 07:58 AM
It's probably something along the lines of why Dennis Johnson died.

Iron Mike
02-25-2007, 08:02 AM
It's hard to believe that these top athletes can just drop dead at age 24. Based on past cases, I assume it was a congenital heart defect.

I would base MY assumption on these facts:

--he's only 24 years old.

--he died a sudden death.

--he has an older sibling with a bad enough heart to require a transplant.

MadtownPacker
02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Man, thats a tough way to go out since it will ikely be his heart that failed him. Gotta feel for this guy.

BTW - pacman jones does deserve it if he thinks it OK for his boys to shoot up clubs.