PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Taking the bull by the horns here...You pick the draft..

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok gang, I decided it was time to do this. Pick #1 is on the clock. person with the most votes is the pick. The only thing I'm not going to do is specilate on trades...pick only.

packers11
02-25-2007, 03:07 PM
The pack is gonna trade down there... #16 and fergy for Oakland's #1... They are gonna grab Calvin...

But until that happens... J. Russell goes #1... :D

oregonpackfan
02-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I agree. Russell goes #1

red
02-25-2007, 03:22 PM
if i'm picking #1 there is no way i draft russell after watching the combine

he shows up 10 pounds heavier then he use to be, looking like an out of shape fat ass.

he decides to not do any of the drills, instead he stands on the sidelines acting like a jackass screwing around the whole time.

then the guys from the nfl network interview him on the field and he sounds like a complete idiot

if i was oakland, i would really question if i wanted to make this guy the #1 pick and invest a ton of money on this guy

calvin is a flat out stud, and a class act. i'd trade moss and porter. draft calvin #1, and use the second or third round pick on the #3 QB in the draft. or maybe take the picks they get from moss and porter and maybe their 2nd round pick and try and swing a deal for Schaub

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I picked Russell, only because it's what I think they will do. If I were selecting, I'd be taking Brady Quinn.......yes, I like the guy. I think he's going to be amazing. BUT, if Brady doesn't go to Oakland, I am one fan of his that will not be crying that he didn't go #1.

Bretsky
02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I picked Russell, only because it's what I think they will do. If I were selecting, I'd be taking Brady Quinn.......yes, I like the guy. I think he's going to be amazing. BUT, if Brady doesn't go to Oakland, I am one fan of his that will not be crying that he didn't go #1.

If Brady Quinn free falls to #16 would you pick him as the Packer GM ?

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
That card would take about 30 seconds for me to get in...and it'd only take that long cause the commish would have to read it first. YES.

red
02-25-2007, 03:36 PM
i would take quinn if he falls to use, then trade rodgers for a second or 3rd

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I am one that has supported Rodgers. But. Quinn is better now than Rodgers will ever be in my mind.

Brando19
02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I would not take Quinn. Rodgers hasn't even had his chance yet and Ingle Martin has a strong arm. Favre's back people...and it's time to build the team to make a run!

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I would not take Quinn. Rodgers hasn't even had his chance yet and Ingle Martin has a strong arm. Favre's back people...and it's time to build the team to make a run!

fair...but... i donno. we'll see...if anything, i'm willing ot bet we could get a heck of a trade deal for that #16 pick OR quinn himself.

Brando19
02-25-2007, 03:46 PM

fair...but... i donno. we'll see...if anything, i'm willing ot bet we could get a heck of a trade deal for that #16 pick OR quinn himself.

Yes...good point. Besides...it wouldn't be any fun if Quinn and Hawk was on the same team. Wouldn't it be fun watching Quinn trying to avoid his brother in law Hawk two times a year at a Packers/Vikings game?

ND72
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I would rather see Quinn a Lion than a Viking personally. I think Quinn fits what Childress wants to do 100%, which scares me cause of my HATE of the vikings. And I'd rather not buy a purple jersey (cause I will get a Quinn jersey).

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Momentum might have swung. Russell came in 10 pounds overweight and looked kind of fat. Quinn came in and looked like a body builder. I also was impressed with his interview. He decided to do the bench and bested Cutler's total last year. I don't think this competition is over yet. Russell seems a better fit for what the Raiders want to do, but Quinn is getting overly knocked down right now, I think. I think the combine, so far, has helped Quinn slightly.

ny10804
02-25-2007, 04:45 PM
It's gonna be Calvin Johnson, Raider or not. He's a tree, 6'5 even, and built like a tank, 239 (combine numbers). He has blazing speed, 4.35, and incredible hands. Great attitude and has a good head on his shoulders, and he's only a junior. I'm not sure what his vertical jump was, but he himself expected it to be above 45".

He reminds me of LeBron James entering the NBA draft.

PackerPro42
02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
I wish the Packers could trade up some how and draft him. But that's not going to happen so go Marshawn Lynch.

pack4to84
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
i would take quinn if he falls to use, then trade rodgers for a second or 3rd
I 2nd this.

PackerPro42
02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't, that would be a waste of a pick and a first round talent in Rodgers.

red
02-25-2007, 06:52 PM

i like rodgers a lot more then most people on here do, and i think he's going to be a good starter some day. the problem is he's going into his third year, and he needs to be starting somewhere, and its not going to happen in green bay this year or maybe next year. so you could be looking at a guy in his 5th year thats just starting to take over, almost making it a rookie year for him.

at this point you would have wasted half his career

thats why i said trade him if you can draft quinn.

i also think quinn will be a good pro, and this way you give him one or two years to learn under brett. then by his third year hopfully brett would retire and quinn would be ready to step in, in his third year

of course brett could play another 10 years, and we could go through 4 or 5 future qb's in that time

and i bet rodgers wouldn't mind a trade, he knows right now that he won't see the field for at least another year if he stays in green bay, and right now he still might have some decent trade value. maybe to a team like miami or the texans if they cut carr

red
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM

not if you could get some value out of a pick.

a waste of a 1st round pick would be if he sits on the bench behind favre until his contract is up and bolts to another team

right no the pick was a total waste, this will be the third year we get absolutely nothing out of a 1st round pick

MJZiggy
02-25-2007, 07:25 PM

i like rodgers a lot more then most people on here do, and i think he's going to be a good starter some day. the problem is he's going into his third year, and he needs to be starting somewhere, and its not going to happen in green bay this year or maybe next year. so you could be looking at a guy in his 5th year thats just starting to take over, almost making it a rookie year for him.

i also think quinn will be a good pro, and this way you give him one or two years to learn under brett. then by his third year hopfully brett would retire and quinn would be ready to step in, in his third year

of course brett could play another 10 years, and we could go through 4 or 5 future qb's in that time

and i bet rodgers wouldn't mind a trade, he knows right now that he won't see the field for at least another year if he stays in green bay, and right now he still might have some decent trade value. maybe to a team like miami or the texans if they cut carr

Carr for Rodgers? Ya think Shermy might make that happen?

red
02-25-2007, 07:34 PM

Carr for Rodgers? Ya think Shermy might make that happen?

lol, i'd rather have the draft pick then carr

carr i think is going somewhere to be a starter right now, not bretts backup for infinity

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Russell's pretty damn impressive though. They just showed his highlight film. I know it's a highlight film, but there's a lot of "wow" throws (not runs) on there. I like him better as a prospect than any QB taken in the draft last year--even Cutler (who I think will end up being the best of the 3 QBs drafted in the first round last year).

Charles Woodson
02-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Russell's pretty damn impressive though. They just showed his highlight film. I know it's a highlight film, but there's a lot of "wow" throws (not runs) on there. I like him better as a prospect than any QB taken in the draft last year--even Cutler (who I think will end up being the best of the 3 QBs drafted in the first round last year).

Eh, i still think young will end up being the best but thats also cause ive liked him since he was at Texas... Idk something with russell just doesnt seem right with me. If im oakland i go with Johnson, on one hand you dont really got much to lose if russell is a bust, but they need some star players and johnson is just that

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 07:48 PM
IMHO, Russell can throw the ball a hell of a lot better than Young.

Charles Woodson
02-25-2007, 07:51 PM
IMHO, Russell can throw the ball a hell of a lot better than Young.

But Young can run the ball a hell of a lot better than russell. I know russell has a much better arm but i think being a dual threat is better than just being able to throw the ball

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Russell's not a bad runner. A lot like Culpepper. I like my QBs to be good passers--more than anything. Just not that enamored with Young. Sure, he deserved rookie of the year, but I don't think he'll be an elite QB.

b bulldog
02-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Russell reminds me of Leftwich. I think Stanton has a shot to be the second QB taken. CJ is the best player available but he plays WR. Thomas had some very strong numbers and Peterson ran well. The best thing to do is to look at game film and forget everything from Indy except for the interviews and their pee tests. One thing about Russell, he took apart a very bad notre Dame team but he has had a good year and he will more than likely go #1. I'm not crazy about him. I would much rather have Vince Young but we will see how Russell does this next year. I know ND likes Quinn but I think he is anything but a can't miss player. I wouldn't pick him as the number one qb!

esoxx
02-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Russell reminds me of Leftwich.

Russell's got a way better arm than Leftwich.

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Indeed. Plus, he doesn't have that long, awkward, and pitcher-like windup Leftwich has. He's also more athletic. He doesn't remind of Leftwich at all. I think Culpepper is a fair comparison though.

PackerPro42
02-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Yes, Russell does have one hell of a arm, but in college he lacked the consistancy of a #1 pick and accuracy as well.

ND72
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Russell reminds me of Leftwich. I think Stanton has a shot to be the second QB taken. CJ is the best player available but he plays WR. Thomas had some very strong numbers and Peterson ran well. The best thing to do is to look at game film and forget everything from Indy except for the interviews and their pee tests. One thing about Russell, he took apart a very bad notre Dame team but he has had a good year and he will more than likely go #1. I'm not crazy about him. I would much rather have Vince Young but we will see how Russell does this next year. I know ND likes Quinn but I think he is anything but a can't miss player. I wouldn't pick him as the number one qb!

Stanton as the 2nd QB taken is a joke. Quinn not being a can't miss player is a joke. You go ahead and pass up the most ready QB coming out of college this year, I guess I just like to take guys who will perform in the NFL, not the AFL.

red
02-26-2007, 08:15 AM

leftwich has one of the best arms in the NFL, he's up there with favre. he has an absolute cannon

Partial
02-26-2007, 10:01 AM

not if you could get some value out of a pick.

a waste of a 1st round pick would be if he sits on the bench behind favre until his contract is up and bolts to another team

right no the pick was a total waste, this will be the third year we get absolutely nothing out of a 1st round pick

Thats correct, which he likely will do. I'd unload him. I think you have Favre for another year after this one. Rodgers will be starting by his 5th year then. I think he is probably pretty irritated with that right now and ready to start now.

Charles Woodson
02-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Stanton as the 2nd QB taken is a joke. Quinn not being a can't miss player is a joke. You go ahead and pass up the most ready QB coming out of college this year, I guess I just like to take guys who will perform in the NFL, not the AFL.

See the thing with you saying these things about Quinn is your a ND fan which means you love Quinn, it just seems like your going overboard for Quinn. I mean i also think that he should be the first QB taken, he was surronded by a horrible team and he made them pretty good.

HarveyWallbangers
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM

leftwich has one of the best arms in the NFL, he's up there with favre. he has an absolute cannon

What? You and I are not watching the same person. Russell's arm in is in another league from Leftwich. I'd say Leftwich's arm is well above average, but far from a Favre, Culpepper, Elway type cannon. Russell is closer to Culpepper in arm strength than Leftwich. At least, that's my observation. Maybe his slow delivery makes the speed look less to me, but I've never thought Leftwich had a huge cannon of an arm.

Partial
02-26-2007, 11:14 AM

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. He has a gun, but he has a huge wind-up to do it.

ND72
02-26-2007, 01:17 PM

See the thing with you saying these things about Quinn is your a ND fan which means you love Quinn, it just seems like your going overboard for Quinn. I mean i also think that he should be the first QB taken, he was surronded by a horrible team and he made them pretty good.

see where you're both exactly right, is as a ND fan, I also knew that they were a bad team. And guess what? There was one person that won games for them...Brady Quinn. He's the reason they won 5 games AT LEAST this year. The fact is, the rest of the team was as talented to help Quinn win anything. If Brady Quinn is at USC, or Miami, or Florida State, or wherever else where the talent is there....He's a #1 pick, with no questions, cause there is talent around him to win the big game. He's the most polished QB in the draft right now, with NFL teaching by Charlie Weis. He has a strong arm, and an accurate arm. I hope he drops. I hope he drops to a team that will be more ready to win than Oakland, or Detroit. The FACT is...Bulldog was right to start with. Brady Quinn is a highly talented kid that carried a very bad Notre Dame team. All by himself. Do I love Quinn, sure. I also do think Stanton is going to be a very good QB. I think they both will be better than Russell. But my "love" for ND, doesn't make it any more for Quinn. I just know talent when I see it.

red
02-26-2007, 01:20 PM

What? You and I are not watching the same person. Russell's arm in is in another league from Leftwich. I'd say Leftwich's arm is well above average, but far from a Favre, Culpepper, Elway type cannon. Russell is closer to Culpepper in arm strength than Leftwich. At least, that's my observation. Maybe his slow delivery makes the speed look less to me, but I've never thought Leftwich had a huge cannon of an arm.

i think it was a monday night game, after one they did of favre. where they clock the ball and try and convert it to baseball speed.

they did it to leftwich once, and i remember going, damn, thats faster then brett

i had the "wonderful" "pleasure" of watching leftwich destry my team in college a few times. he can trow it forever and put it right where he wants. he's be a pro bowler IMO if he wasn't so slow.

Zool
02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Leftwich as a rook won the QB distance contest thing in Hawaii. I want to say it was like 78 yards in the air. That might be a little high, but he won by 6-7 yards. The man has a rocket. Unfortunately, he can be outrun by everyone on the team. Including coaches.