PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn sets combine QB record

Patler
02-26-2007, 07:30 AM
...for bench presses. He lifted 225 pounds 25 times. Funny thing is, that will be better than some 300 pound linemen. Wouldn't that make for some nice lockerroom banter!

red
02-26-2007, 08:02 AM
i thought it was 24, which would still be a record

the guy is in shape, thats for sure

FirstSgt
02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
With his Brother-In-Law AJ Hawk, would you expect anything else workout wise?

Patler
02-26-2007, 08:23 AM

You could be right, I was just going by a newspaper article that stated 25.

Which brings up a question. Does anyone know if there is an "official" report anywhere of combine performance? I've never really looked for one, but it might be an interesting source to have.

Back to Quinn. He was heavily muscled even as a freshman. He had a reputation in high school, which has stayed with him at ND, of being a real gym freak who was addicted to the weight room. I'm not sure if that is a good thing for a QB or not. Working out is fine, but there has always been a concern with pitchers about getting too heavily muscled and losing flexibilty, range of motion, etc. I would think that could be an issue for a QB, too, if he gets into the body building side of weightlifting.

Patler
02-26-2007, 08:27 AM
With his Brother-In-Law AJ Hawk, would you expect anything else workout wise?

I don't think Hawk gets the credit for it. Quinn was that way long before the relationship between his sister and Hawk. For Quinn it goes back to high school. He came to ND that way. Even as a freshman, he looked more like a linebacker than a typical QB.

Tony Oday
02-26-2007, 12:55 PM
This is the reason I would love him in GB. From a marketing standpoint it is AMAZING since Hawk is on the team, also he is a hard worker that is tough. In the Green and Gold we are used to seeing a QB being able to stiff arm a guy to the ground then chuck it 40 yards for a TD. AR seems to be breakable in the pocket. I would love to see Quinn come in for two years behind Favre, trade away AR and just admit he will be a career back up and fill the need of a Saftey with Hamlin and draft a RB to replace Green in the later rounds, blue chip backs make power running teams better, zone blocking teams make blue chip running backs, Just my observation.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-27-2007, 10:22 AM

You could be right, I was just going by a newspaper article that stated 25.

Which brings up a question. Does anyone know if there is an "official" report anywhere of combine performance? I've never really looked for one, but it might be an interesting source to have.

Back to Quinn. He was heavily muscled even as a freshman. He had a reputation in high school, which has stayed with him at ND, of being a real gym freak who was addicted to the weight room. I'm not sure if that is a good thing for a QB or not. Working out is fine, but there has always been a concern with pitchers about getting too heavily muscled and losing flexibilty, range of motion, etc. I would think that could be an issue for a QB, too, if he gets into the body building side of weightlifting.

One of the scouts complaints about Quinn is that he is stiff.

Partial
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I think Brady is going to be a good quarterback. He'll be a top 7 starter in the league in a few years.