PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rats FF League

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
2006 Packer Rats Fantasy Football League (Proposed)

Management:
1 Commish/Conference Manager
4 Division Managers
- A Division Manager would be an existing franchise owner with experience in fantasy football. The Division Managers would end up being the Advisory Council for the league and would manage the draft for each division and would work with the Commish to regulate activities within each respective conference.
1 Advisory Council (1 Commish/Division Manager + 3 Division Managers + 1 Honorable Voter)

League Composition:
1 Conferences
4 Divisions
10 franchises per division (40 franchises)

Season:
Draft: Week or two prior to the regular season. Each Division participates in its own draft.
Regular Season: Weeks 1-13
Divisional Playoffs: Week 14-15 (Division Winner Crowned)
Conference Championship: Week 16 (Conference Champion Crowned)
Sewer Bowl: Week 17 (One Packer Rats Sewer Bowl Champion)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commish: jacks smirking revenge
Division Managers: jacks smirking revenge, retailguy

Participants:

1. jacks smirking revenge (Commish)
2. bretsky
3. GrnBay007
4. retailguy
5. CyclonePackFan
6. swede
7. Nick Barnett
8. LEWCWA
9. Harvey Wallbangers
10. theatreofshades
11. route25
12. GBMichele
13. No Mo Moss
14. MadTownPacker
15. Partial
16. mjziggy
17. guiness
18. pacfan
19. NickCollins
20. Anti-Polar Bear* (make sure Skin and APB are in different divisions)
21. TennesseePackerBacker
22. OS PA
23. guerski
24. packrulz
25. SkinBasket
26. pack4ever
27. Rastak
28. gex
29. sepporepi
30. chain_gang
31. Green Bud Packer
32. zool
33. Jpoppinga
34. Mr. T
35. Dabaddestbear
36. Badgepack

No Mo Moss
04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm in. Fanball has a really cool site. Best value.

Partial
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
count me in!

Sparkey
04-26-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm in. Fanball has a really cool site. Best value.

I run a fantasy football league and use fanball.

Very good site. Lets hope the NFL doesn't do the same thing MLB did and require a huge fee to use the sports stats of the game. It killed fanball's baseball fantasy site.

jack's smirking revenge
04-26-2006, 04:35 PM
I've used Fanball in the past. It is a good site. We'll be using Yahoo for this league because of the varying levels of knowledge and access. I'm partial to fflmanager.com.

Thanks for the suggestions though. Does that mean I can count you in Sparkey? :D

tyler

Guiness
04-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Put me down.

I've used Yahoo in the past, and it was good.

jack's smirking revenge
04-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Put me down.

I've used Yahoo in the past, and it was good.

Done. You really from Two Rivers guiness? I went to college with a dude from Two Rivers.

tyler

pacfan
04-26-2006, 06:28 PM
count me in!!

I've played FFB on yahoo and was in the JS league last year.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
I've acctually never played FF before but count me in.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Count me in too.

RashanGary
05-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Is the order we're listed in the order that we have to pick in or is it randem

GrnBay007
05-01-2006, 12:46 AM
We will pick a draft day and the order you pick will be random. I can't remember how much advance notice we had with the draft order.

RashanGary
05-01-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm a huge football fan but i've never cared enough to join FF...I'm kind of looking forward to this......I don't even know how much a TD is worth..

Little Whiskey
05-01-2006, 08:27 AM
I don't even know how much a TD is worth..

6 points for a touchdown. DUUHHH

MadtownPacker
05-01-2006, 08:30 AM
All I can say for the FF virgins is prepare to get hooked on playing GM.

GrnBay007
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
I know you can pick the date you want for your FF league draft, but when is the normal time for starting? I can't remember when we started last year....but I know we had our teams picked a long time before the season started and some people complained about that.

jack's smirking revenge
05-01-2006, 10:49 PM
I usually draft a week (at most two) before the season starts. Gotta get as many of the preseason injuries out of the way as possible. The closer to the season, the better.

tyler

GrnBay007
05-01-2006, 11:38 PM
JSR, add Pack4ever to the list. I have to sign him but because he made me feel guilty for yelling at him.....lol (actually that was NOT yelling....I can do much better :razz:

Homer Jay
05-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Count me in.

GrnBay007
05-01-2006, 11:39 PM
I beat you to it Pack4ever....haha

Guiness
05-02-2006, 12:04 AM
I usually draft a week (at most two) before the season starts. Gotta get as many of the preseason injuries out of the way as possible. The closer to the season, the better.

tyler

no kidding. I had Buckhalter as my 2nd round pick the year he did his ACL in camp.

packrulz
05-02-2006, 05:42 AM
I'll play. Yahoo is ok but I recommend nfl.com because they have free live stat-tracker.

gureski
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I'd like to be part of this, if you have room for me.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, I've been a lurker on here and JSOnline for awhile but I've played ESPN FFL league for the past 4 or 5 years. If it's possible I'd love to be added, thanks.

MJZiggy
05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Jump in!! And welcome. No need to lurk! Just jump right in and start insulting Tank with the rest of us!! :lol:

GrnBay007
05-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I've been a lurker on here and JSOnline for awhile but I've played ESPN FFL league for the past 4 or 5 years. If it's possible I'd love to be added, thanks.

If you promise not to beat me you can play. :razz:

TennesseePackerBacker
05-02-2006, 10:50 AM
nah my teams always suffer injuries, doesn't matter who i draft, they get hurt. I had walker and priest holmes on my team last year.

GrnBay007
05-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Tennessee! If you need any help with an avatar or anything else just holler.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Tennessee! If you need any help with an avatar or anything else just holler.

We need to find gureski an avartar also.

OS PA
05-02-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm down!

GrnBay007
05-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm down!

Don't be down, cheer up OS!! :wink: :razz:

BTW, nice avatar and believe it or not, I've heard of Decorah. :D

Little Whiskey
05-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the forum TennesseePackerBacker, man we need to get you a shorter version of your name. maybe i'll go out on a limb and suggest TN? hey, let me ask you a question. since you either live or used to live in Tenn. (man i am quick today) are you a nascar fan?? we need a couple more in here. if so pop over to the race thread and lay down your two cents!!

TennesseePackerBacker
05-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I live right near Bristol, but I'm not much of a Nascar fan, doesn't excite me, some of my family are though.

Little Whiskey
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
get over to the race thread anyway, and i'll convert you. you can get in on the ground floor. it pretty much me and uuhh me. well harv stops by too.

jack's smirking revenge
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the site Tennessee! Glad to have you here!

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
As you can see by the list at the top of this thread, we now have 24 franchise owners itching to win the coveted Sewer Bowl Trophy!

Who will be the top rat? Who will be the big cheese?

Enough with the cliches. Registration is now closed for the Packer Rats Fantasy Football League.

Thanks for joining. More info to follow.

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-02-2006, 04:02 PM
As you can see by the list at the top of this thread, we now have 24 franchise owners itching to win the coveted Sewer Bowl Trophy!

Registration is now closed for the Packer Rats Fantasy Football League.

tyler

thats kind of elitest, jack :mrgreen:

Homer Jay
05-02-2006, 05:40 PM
:sad:

GrnBay007
05-02-2006, 07:27 PM
It doesn't have to close, does it? Last year we played with less than 24 so can't there just be two or three seperate leagues?

MJZiggy
05-02-2006, 07:31 PM
That's a good point. We could have more than one with the second forming now and if we have enough, we could break it up into a beginner league for those who haven't done this before and another for more advanced players...

MadtownPacker
05-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Yes, we are going to have more then one league.

We will just need to get an even amount of members. We will make like two 16 team ones or whatever we need to do we can figure out later but anyone interested keep signing up.

Guiness
05-03-2006, 01:26 PM
why don't you do one of those elimination leagues? Every week, you pick one team you KNOW will win. If you're right, move on, if not, you're out.

Last year, I figured I was just going to pick SF every week, and likely make it to the halfway mark - then the morons won week 1! When Cleveland beat GB week 2, we had a winner already, and had to restart the stupid thing :shock:

LEWCWA
05-03-2006, 03:37 PM
yes i will play

Sparkey
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
I beat you to it Pack4ever....haha

Even though I am too late to sign up, I am curious what the scoring system is for your FF league ?

Its it strictly a TD league, or is it a yardage league, or a combination of the two? Just positive points or a there negative points ?

How are fieldgoals scored ?

Just an FYI, but too avoid ties in my league, FG's are valued at distance. So for example an 18 yd fg is worth 1.8pts and a 47 yd fg is worth 4.7 pts

For anyone who has never played FF before, it is addicting!

MJZiggy
05-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Sparkey, if you read further in the thread, we are adding another league so you may sign up if you like.

K-town
05-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm in, if there's an opening.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Here's my current structure:

Two different conferences.
Three divisions per conference.
Four teams per division.
24 players.
One Packer Rats crown.

It will be challenging enough to juggle the administration of two PR conferences at once (let alone the two other leagues that I run/am involved in). Here's what I'll do: I'll open it up so it mirrors the NFL structure, adding 8 more teams (1 more division per conference). Right away, that sounds crazy to me (from a league management perspective), but if the interest is there, then so be it.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 11:05 AM
That's a good point. We could have more than one with the second forming now and if we have enough, we could break it up into a beginner league for those who haven't done this before and another for more advanced players...

Ok. Here's the deal. I'm not trying at all to be elitist, but there should be only one true Packer Rats FF league. It will create crazy demand and solidify the base. People will race to be part of it in coming years. Fragment it and have a bunch of leagues, then we might as well all separate and do our own things. I don't have to run it in future years, but we should establish a baseline.

I proposed the Packer Rats FF League with that point in mind. I run a couple other leagues and don't really need this one. I was doing it to bring this place closer together.

Quite honestly, if we're having mulitple leagues, then I'm really not intersted in running one at all. Yes, all or nothing. Head honcho. Top rat. Big cheese. Whatever. There should be one victor and people, for years to come, jonesing and competing like mad to be the Packer Rat champion.

Trust me, having run and participated in leagues for almost a decade, its hard enough to keep people interested year in and year out.

So, whatever you guys decide, let me know. As I said, I'm not trying to be elitist, but I'm pretty sure I proposed the idea as having one true Packer Rats champion. Can't do that if you have multiple leagues. I'm not trying to erase competition, but it seems like every time I propose an idea and run with it, I have to backpedal. I feel like I'm backpedalling now and having to compromise on an idea and vision that I came up with.

Otherwise, you'll have sigs like...

2006 Packer Rats Supplemental Div II Beginner Fantasy Football League Champion.

Or how about?

2006 Packer Rats Sewer Bowl Champion

The fewer champions we have, the more important they are.

tyler

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 11:06 AM
We are going to wait until we see how many posters actually join before setting anything up. There is still plenty of time.

SkinBasket
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I agree with Zig. (or at least I did until her post was vaporized!)

I would be interested, but I have no effen idea what this whole fantasy league thing actually entails. If you don't want a "beginner" league for idiots like me, then I would propose making the instructions and guidelines or whateverthefuck you use in these things clear and simple. Of course that may be more work than have a novice and an advanced league, but I think that's what'll take to get more people involved. I'm not saying I want hand-holding, but I don't want to worry about fucking up everyone else's experience because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

jack, maybe you could give me a quick three sentence explaination about how these things work? I assume there some kind of draft, then you score points based on your team's performance, and the team with the most points wins? Are there trades? Can one player be on more than one team? Should I read the rest of this damn thread to figure this shit out on my own?

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 11:33 AM
We are going to wait until we see how many posters actually join before setting anything up. There is still plenty of time.

Ummm....who is "we"? I agreed to run the league. I proposed this idea as part of the content items. I've researched this idea. I've structured this idea. The beginning of this thread laid out a specific number of slots for the Packer Rats Fantasy Football league, based on years of experience with fantasy football.

Plenty of time? Mad, have you ever run a league before? I haven't run a league with 32 teams. 16, 20 at most, but all within the same conference. Believe it or not, it is a very complicated process and will be especially so with that many teams in the league. We'll have to have multiple draft days. We'll probably have to figure out how to have interconference matchups on the Yahoo site. There is a helluva a lot of planning that will have to be put into this because of the complexity of having two conferences that complete for a single crown.

Just some thoughts.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with Zig. (or at least I did until her post was vaporized!)

I would be interested, but I have no effen idea what this whole fantasy league thing actually entails. If you don't want a "beginner" league for idiots like me, then I would propose making the instructions and guidelines or whateverthefuck you use in these things clear and simple. Of course that may be more work than have a novice and an advanced league, but I think that's what'll take to get more people involved. I'm not saying I want hand-holding, but I don't want to worry about fucking up everyone else's experience because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

jack, maybe you could give me a quick three sentence explaination about how these things work? I assume there some kind of draft, then you score points based on your team's performance, and the team with the most points wins? Are there trades? Can one player be on more than one team? Should I read the rest of this damn thread to figure this shit out on my own?

I don't want to ruin this experience for anybody and I have no problem with hand-holding. I want ANYONE--beginner, novice, advanced, whatever--who is interested to be part of this. Much more explanation will be given as to how to play fantasy football in the months to come. Right now, I was really just trying to slot people for participation (in the league I'm putting together).

Fantasy football is a pretty simple game to play. In essence, it's like playing the stock market. You research stocks and buy and sell based on value. Your stocks perform for you or they tank for you. We will have a fantasy football draft where you draft a team of 16 players. 8 players will start for you every week (a combination of QB, RB, WR, TE, DEF/ST, Kicker); 8 players will sit on your bench. All players will score points for you based on their performance. You will have an opportunity every week to add or drop players. Trades between teams are also a definite possibility, though have to be approved by the Commish (so there's no fleecing of inexperienced players going on). In my system, there are a few ways to win:

Sewer Bowl Champion (earned through besting all competition)
Coach of the Year (Most Starter Points)
GM of the Year (Most Overall Points)

In this scenario, every person who starts and every person who is on your bench counts. Makes for a more exciting process because you have to decide on a weekly basis if you want to keep that oft-injured RB or pick up that potential WR who's a sleeper for the week.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to answer.

tyler

MJZiggy
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Sorry, Skin. Thought I made myself sound like an idiot so I yanked the post. I just said that I think it's better at this point to be welcoming to everyone and having them participating rather than being pissed because they come on wanting to join in and are shut out. If they're in, they come back and check their teams progress. If they're not, they go over to packerchatters.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I agree with everything Tyler said. I've done FFL leagues for years now(used to be pay leagues on espn) and there really isn't plenty of time, you have to have the draft planned, scoring, make sure there are no "dead" teams in the league, etc. 24 teams sounds like a lot to me, 12 teams in each division really shrinks up the talent pool. I've never done a 12 team league, always 10, but there really was never too much talent left after 10 teams, which makes it extremely hard to have 32. I ran a league last year and to me it just wasn't worth it, so now i just play in them because of the hassle it causes. If Tyler is wanting to be the Commish then people should just let him, because i assure you it's a job not many people want.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure what Zig posted, but I'm going to guess it had to do with experience level. No matter what league you play in, you're going to deal with a varying level of experience. I play with beginners every year. In fact, a novice won the Siege Bowl Trophy for my league this year. It was his first year playing and he dived into understanding the rules, paying attention to what's going on in the NFL. His strength was drafting. Here's who he drafted last year:

Gus Frerotte
Tom Brady
Cedric Benson
Kevan Barlow
Carnell Williams
Jamal Lewis
Priest Holmes
Steve Smith
Plaxico Burress
Nate Burleson
Drew Bennett
Doug Jolley
Todd Heap
Mike Vandyjagdt
Paul Edinger
Pittsburgh Def/ST

He made one or two add/drops throughout the year, but he won based on the strength of his draft. Some of it comes down to luck. I have a flexible starting system that allows you to start players based on the strength of your team. His obvious strength was RB and shrwedly played to that strength throughout the year.

The bottom line is education. The more educated you are on what's up with the NFL, the better off you will be. Understanding what RBs will benefit due to a strong OL. What QB's will thrive based on the offensive system. What defense is the most efficient. If you're an NFL-nerd, fantasy football is the ultimate game.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Sorry, Skin. Thought I made myself sound like an idiot so I yanked the post. I just said that I think it's better at this point to be welcoming to everyone and having them participating rather than being pissed because they come on wanting to join in and are shut out. If they're in, they come back and check their teams progress. If they're not, they go over to packerchatters.

I definitely don't want to sound elitist, but we do have to have a little bit of focus. We can't be all things to all people. Maybe, as someone else suggested, we could start up a "Pick'em" Yahoo league for those people who just want to pick teams. That's very general and doesn't take the level of knowledge that pure FF does. It also can accomodate a large number of participants.

I agree with you Zig. I don't want to shut anyone out and I want to be inclusive, but I don't think the simple fact that they weren't able to get into the Packer Rats FF League will exclude anyone. Most FF players play in multiple leagues as it stands (one is just never enough!). If someone's moving over to Packerchatters because they couldn't get into a PR League, then I think there are greater problems than feeling "jilted" by us.

Maybe that person who didn't make it will be excited about being part of it next year. And, at that time, maybe we can figure out how to expand this thing to accomodate the larger number of participants.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
I agree with everything Tyler said. I've done FFL leagues for years now(used to be pay leagues on espn) and there really isn't plenty of time, you have to have the draft planned, scoring, make sure there are no "dead" teams in the league, etc. 24 teams sounds like a lot to me, 12 teams in each division really shrinks up the talent pool. I've never done a 12 team league, always 10, but there really was never too much talent left after 10 teams, which makes it extremely hard to have 32. I ran a league last year and to me it just wasn't worth it, so now i just play in them because of the hassle it causes. If Tyler is wanting to be the Commish then people should just let him, because i assure you it's a job not many people want.

Thanks Tennessee. Your point about the talent pool is something that I too am worried about. Like you said, even with a 10-team league, the talent starts to get very shallow. Especially when you're drafting 16 players! If we expand it to mirror the NFL, opening up 8 more slots so there's 16 teams in a conference, then that means someone will probably be drafting Noah Herron. We'll do two separate drafts so there's similar players in each conference, but 16-team leagues suffer because the talent pool does shallow out. Think about it...

16 teams * 16 players/franchise = 256 players drafted. Your talent really starts to dip after the top 100 players.

Just trying to come up with solutions...

tyler

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 12:16 PM

Ummm....who is "we"? I agreed to run the league. I proposed this idea as part of the content items. I've researched this idea. I've structured this idea. The beginning of this thread laid out a specific number of slots for the Packer Rats Fantasy Football league, based on years of experience with fantasy football.

Plenty of time? Mad, have you ever run a league before? I haven't run a league with 32 teams. 16, 20 at most, but all within the same conference. Believe it or not, it is a very complicated process and will be especially so with that many teams in the league. We'll have to have multiple draft days. We'll probably have to figure out how to have interconference matchups on the Yahoo site. There is a helluva a lot of planning that will have to be put into this because of the complexity of having two conferences that complete for a single crown.

WE is PR and PR is what the majority wants. If you dont have the time or your not gonna do it cuz it aint done your way, then dont. Simple as that.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Ok...so watch me backpedal a bit.

Like Zig, I don't want to cut anyone out of participation. And Tennesse got me to thinking. A 16-team league is insane. The talent will be total shite once we get into the later rounds of the draft. But I still want there to be only one true Packer Rats Champion. Here's what I propose:

4 Conferences, 12 teams per conference.

Conference 1: 3 Divisions (4 teams per division)
Conference 2: 3 Divisions (4 teams per division)
Conference 3: 3 Divisions (4 teams per division)
Conference 4: 3 Divisions (4 teams per division)

Shorten the regular season to accomodate an ultimate face-off between the two Conferences that make it to the Sewer Bowl. I think it'd work like this:

Weeks 1-12--Regular Season
Weeks 13--Wild Card Playoff
Week 14--Divisional Playoff
Week 15--Conference Playoff
Week 16-InterConference Playoff
Week 17 Sewer Bowl (matchup of two victorious conference teams)

We could open this up to 48 teams then.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:25 PM
WE is PR and PR is what the majority wants. If you dont have the time or your not gonna do it cuz it aint done your way, then dont. Simple as that.

Here's the contradiction Mad: fantasy football ONLY HAS ONE Commish. It's not a team sport at the top of fantasy football administration. You DO have to do it my way, or don't do it all. That's how FF works. You play with my system or you don't. I can be flexible with some of the scoring rules, but, as with a HC, OC or DC, you implement the system you bring to the team.

So....it's ultimately PR's call. I'm not on a power trip. It just cannot be done effectively any other way. Ask anyone that's Commished a league.

Let me know your thoughts. I volunteered to manage this, but it is my scoring system and fantasy football system that'd we'd be implementing. As I said, i don't have a problem not doing it. I have enough fantasy football outlets to satisfy my fix.

Perhaps its time for a poll?

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-04-2006, 12:26 PM
just thought i'd give my two cents even though i'm not playing nor have i played ff. And i'm the one who called jack the elitest!! :mrgreen: just from a logistics perspective it seems that the more teams you have the more proplems you will have. drafting, trading etc.. I also agree with the one champion. we are all adults (or very close to) we can have winners and losers, we don't all have to have participation ribbons. My vote is that jack started this league, let him run it as he see fits. if some one else chooses to do the pick a team league, let them do it. thanks for listening....

TennesseePackerBacker
05-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Just another quick thing to bring up. Do you think we'll actually have 48 interested parties Jack? The worst thing that can happen in an FFL league is a dead team, with 48 teams i bet atleast an 8th will be dead by week 4. Just a thought..

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Here's the contradiction Mad: fantasy football ONLY HAS ONE Commish. It's not a team sport at the top of fantasy football administration. You DO have to do it my way, or don't do it all. That's how FF works. You play with my system or you don't. I can be flexible with some of the scoring rules, but, as with a HC, OC or DC, you implement the system you bring to the team.

So....it's ultimately PR's call. I'm not on a power trip. It just cannot be done effectively any other way. Ask anyone that's Commished a league.

Let me know your thoughts. I volunteered to manage this, but it is my scoring system and fantasy football system that'd we'd be implementing. As I said, i don't have a problem not doing it. I have enough fantasy football outlets to satisfy my fix.

Perhaps its time for a poll?We DO it the way we need to do it so that those who want to play can play. As for doing it your way or not doing it at all, well all I can say is you arent the only person that can run a league. If you are going to be too busy then let not take up anymore of your time.

You know my thoughts, now lets see what everyone else thinks.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Just another quick thing to bring up. Do you think we'll actually have 48 interested parties Jack? The worst thing that can happen in an FFL league is a dead team, with 48 teams i bet atleast an 8th will be dead by week 4. Just a thought..

I totally agree with you. I had two of those last year in my league. I have a Rogue Team clause in my rules that states that a Commish can take over a team if a team is considered dead. I also create an Advisory council of participating teams to vote on rule changes or Rogue Team situations. Dead teams have to be dealt with regularly.

I'm not sure what to say. I do think we'd be hardpressed to get 48 people participating. I think we're already up near 30 though with people that I haven't added to the list yet. Perhaps over the next couple months we could solicit further. But I do think there's a chance we could get to 48. The numbers here have skyrocketed lately and will get better once the full site is up.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:41 PM
That poll is a waste Mad. I've already suggested a way to expand it to 48. But whatever. I guess we'll let that determine whether or not my participation will continue.

tyler

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 12:48 PM
That poll is a waste Mad. I've already suggested a way to expand it to 48. But whatever. I guess we'll let that determine whether or not my participation will continue.

tyler
The opinions of PR members are never a waste.

Your suggestion on how to do 48 is good and proves that there is way to do it.

If not getting your way means you dont want to do it then thats on you.

gureski
05-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I haven't had a ton of time to take part on the boards over the past week or two but after skimming some of the conversation about how to manage all the multiple owners and such...

I would like to offer the following solution/suggestion for consideration.

In another FF league that I'm in there is a system set up that may fit exactly what you're looking to do here with your Packer Rats league.

What you do is you set up a tiered league.

You can do this with any number of players or l8, 10, or 12 team leagues and it will allow you the flexability to please everyone.

You set it up with three distinct tiers...

The first tier is the lowest tier...also a spot where beginners can start out and learn. This tier features all the teams that had losing records from the prior year and teams that had good records but not good enough to move up to the middle tier the previous year.

The next tier (middle tier) consists of a combination of the most successful teams from the lower tier the prior year as well as losers from the Highest tier AND some carry-overs from this same level from the prior year.

In the Top Tier you have the top teams from each year...the champions from the middle tier and their runner ups as well as some hold-overs from the top Tier from the year before.

Now, the whole idea here is that you earn your way up to the top tier of the triangle of leagues and that's where you crown your Ultimate Packer Rat Champion. You can name each tier whatever you want. YOu can tweak the qualifications and tiebreakers for moving up and down as you wish. It will work with as few as 24 owners in 3 leagues (8 owners for each tier) or with as many as 72 owners.....3 twelve team leagues on the bottom, 2 twelve team leagues in the middle, and 1 twelve team leage on top. It can even, hypothetically, work with more then 72 owners...if you wish. It's whatever you want it to be.

For the first year you could just pull names to determine who goes into what league or you could do a sign up or just whatever. The options are limitless and the potential is there to please everyone. You can work it with as many or as few teams as you get.

So....I wanted to toss that out there for you guys. I've been part of a league just like I describe for 2 years going on 3 and the league itself has been around for something like 5 to 7 years. It's easily coordinated and a ton of fun. You earn your way up to the top tier. That's the whole point. That way you're all one big league despite having seperate leagues with seperate drafts.

That's just one suggestion on how you could possible please everyone's wishes.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 12:50 PM

Perhaps its time for a poll?We DO it the way we need to do it so that those who want to play can play. As for doing it your way or not doing it at all, well all I can say is you arent the only person that can run a league. If you are going to be too busy then let not take up anymore of your time.

You know my thoughts, now lets see what everyone else thinks.

When did this ever become about "my time"? I volunteered to run this thing. I never suggested I didn't have the time to do this. You obviously don't know what's involved with running a league, so you can't criticize how much time it takes. Running a single league--just 12 teams--is a very involved process. To create a Packer Rats league that accomodates everyone that wants to be involved is definitely possible, but someone is going to grey administrating it. I don't have any clue why I've offered, other than I really like the people here and think it will be fun.

If you aim for quantity (and accomodate anyone that wants to play), your quality will be shot. I'm trying to strike a balance.

tyler

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 01:00 PM
When did this ever become about "my time"? I volunteered to run this thing. I never suggested I didn't have the time to do this. You obviously don't know what's involved with running a league, so you can't criticize how much time it takes. Running a single league--just 12 teams--is a very involved process. To create a Packer Rats league that accomodates everyone that wants to be involved is definitely possible, but someone is going to grey administrating it. I don't have any clue why I've offered, other than I really like the people here and think it will be fun.

If you aim for quantity (and accomodate anyone that wants to play), your quality will be shot. I'm trying to strike a balance.
Read back on a couple of your post on this thread and you might noticed where you mentioned your time.

FYI - Dont tell me what I dont know about unless you are sure I dont know.

I dont CARE how much time it takes (see, you just brought up time AGAIN).

As for why you offered, again, then dont. The world wont end, the sun will still come up tomorrow. That is up to you.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 01:01 PM

tyler
The opinions of PR members are never a waste.

Your suggestion on how to do 48 is good and proves that there is way to do it.

If not getting your way means you dont want to do it then thats on you.

I didn't suggest the opinions are a waste. Your poll is a waste. Your poll asks whether or not we should restrict the PR League to 24 teams when I already suggested a way to accomodate more.

The poll should be: go with Tyler's system or let someone else administrate (or go with a community-developed league)?

But you know, your last comment is what gets me the most. I don't think you truly understand and GET that, in this case, ONE person needs to be in control. Yes, that means I get my way. This is not a power trip at all, but the reality of fantasy football. Fantasy football, when effective, involves one system and process, implemented by one person. Everyone participates in that person's league.

The sense I get from you is that you want a community PR fantasy football league with rules and structure governed and created by the people of the PR site. If that's the route people want to go, then that's fine with me. I don't want to be involved though. You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen.... I don't have a problem with teams. In fact, I am a project manager. But, in certain cases, individuals have to drive and be in charge, be responsible for the product or output. If you take a team approach to the development of the league, then you'd better start now, because you'll have people arguing about structure and rules/scoring rules for months.

Simply, my suggestion is that you change the poll.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 01:05 PM

Read back on a couple of your post on this thread and you might noticed where you mentioned your time.

FYI - Dont tell me what I dont know about unless you are sure I dont know.

I dont CARE how much time it takes (see, you just brought up time AGAIN).

As for why you offered, again, then dont. The world wont end, the sun will still come up tomorrow. That is up to you.

So, then tell me Mad, have you ever run a league?

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 01:10 PM
So....I wanted to toss that out there for you guys. I've been part of a league just like I describe for 2 years going on 3 and the league itself has been around for something like 5 to 7 years. It's easily coordinated and a ton of fun. You earn your way up to the top tier. That's the whole point. That way you're all one big league despite having seperate leagues with seperate drafts.

That's just one suggestion on how you could possible please everyone's wishes.

Interesting suggestion gureski. Thanks for the thoughts. With my 48-proposal, I've tiered the PR league a bit. As we're just starting out, we don't have the winners/losers tiers yet, but I understand what you're saying.

Question: How do you have everyone in "one big league despite having separate leagues with separate drafts"? How do you draft every year? 48 teams drawing from the same talent pool in the same league doesn't seem possible.

tyler

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I didn't suggest the opinions are a waste. Your poll is a waste. Your poll asks whether or not we should restrict the PR League to 24 teams when I already suggested a way to accomodate more.

The poll should be: go with Tyler's system or let someone else administrate (or go with a community-developed league)?

But you know, your last comment is what gets me the most. I don't think you truly understand and GET that, in this case, ONE person needs to be in control. Yes, that means I get my way. This is not a power trip at all, but the reality of fantasy football. Fantasy football, when effective, involves one system and process, implemented by one person. Everyone participates in that person's league.

The sense I get from you is that you want a community PR fantasy football league with rules and structure governed and created by the people of the PR site. If that's the route people want to go, then that's fine with me. I don't want to be involved though. You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen.... I don't have a problem with teams. In fact, I am a project manager. But, in certain cases, individuals have to drive and be in charge, be responsible for the product or output. If you take a team approach to the development of the league, then you'd better start now, because you'll have people arguing about structure and rules/scoring rules for months.

Simply, my suggestion is that you change the poll.

tyler
Sounds like you dont get what it. No one is saying anything about the scoring or any of that crap. I just think PR should try to accomadate those who want to play by adding more teams if needed. Dont try to switch this around, cuz that is what it is about.

After that whoever is running the league should decide how the system works.

The poll stays until that is sorted out. Then you or whoever is running the league can structure the league based on the # of teams. IF you dont want to be involved, then do what you gotta do.

MJZiggy
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Gureski, that was a wonderful post and sounds like just what I was hoping FF was like. Sounds like a lot of fun. Do you think if we signed up, we could choose to be on the lowest level if we've never done it before and we could sort of rate ourselves on our own ability?

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
So, then tell me Mad, have you ever run a league?

Yes. Yahoo ones and NFL.com ones. Some where 12 or 16 members.

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't get it? You can't just flex your league depending on how many people decide to sign up. If you have run a league in the past, you know that it can't work that way. There are far too many variables. We're not talking about whether or not 10 or 12 people are in the league. We're talking about over 24 people--could range up to 48 or even higher if you keep participation open for the next couple months.

You know what? I think I'm just going to step away from this. You and I obviously don't see eye-to-eye on this point and this is your site, so you can do what you want.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I also ask that you axe this thread as I'm no longer organizing or involved (and I was the creator of this thread and initiator of the discussioN). You should start a new thread where you can restart your discussion.

tyler

packrulz
05-04-2006, 04:59 PM
OK, knock it off! I was the commish on a 12 team league and it was tough becauce when your guy gets hurt there's no quality players on the FA board to help you out. Trades are possible but often don't pan out. I hear what Jack is saying about the commish needing final say, someone has to be the commish, & it's his decision, hopefully fair, is the last word. I had guys in my private league that were trading guys during their bye week to get them back the following week so I had to stop that. It definately isn't easy being a commish. We're talking a huge league here & I don't think it's possible. If you make the play-offs, what if you play against a team that has the same players as you?

MJZiggy
05-04-2006, 05:29 PM
What about what Gureski was talking about?

packrulz
05-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Maybe it doesn't matter if you have some of the same players because chances are your teams won't be identical anyway. I hope you don't give up on it Jack, I think gureski had a good plan, like mziggy said. It'll be fun.

packrulz
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Or, too we could just run several seperate leagues and just have several different champs. That wouldn't be so bad. You could have a rookie league, a starter league, & a veteran league, all maybe 10-12 players hopefully, for each league. It could be done.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I agree with JSR. We dont need multiple league.

I dont want to be the same league as SkinBasket. :wink:

TennesseePackerBacker
05-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I agree too, I definently want no part of a huge league either. If you've ever run a league its just not even feasable, or fun, the whole experience is lost. When the talent pool gets over 10 teams deep in each league the talent gets extremely diluted, you can't always start a backup on a team, ala weeks 14-17 where backups are extremely important to win. It doesn't even seem like you could do inter-league playoffs either for the simple fact that everyone would be playing their own players in the playoffs and that wouldn't be very fun. For an example, on ESPN they have hundreds of thousands of leagues and all the top scoring teams out of those always have the same combo of core players. With only 24 teams in the playoffs the same players on each team wont be so bad, but with 48, you could see the two teams in the finals having the same core of guys, it's just not a fun game anymore when you make a huge league. I hope beginners realize that, and people who have done this before need to speak up on how anything bigger than 24 just simply wont be any fun or even practical.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I don't get it? You can't just flex your league depending on how many people decide to sign up. If you have run a league in the past, you know that it can't work that way. There are far too many variables. We're not talking about whether or not 10 or 12 people are in the league. We're talking about over 24 people--could range up to 48 or even higher if you keep participation open for the next couple months.

You know what? I think I'm just going to step away from this. You and I obviously don't see eye-to-eye on this point and this is your site, so you can do what you want.

tyler
Nice, just up and quit huh? Whatever man. Nothing has been set in stone but you are not willing to even consider other options. As for it being my site it's really not. Its what everyone else wants. Do it how you want or dont, I just want to play in the league.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 08:16 PM
I agree too, I definently want no part of a huge league either.
I understand what you are saying Tenn. I was just hoping there was a way those who didnt make the first 24 could still play. If it takes making a beginner/intermediate/pro leagues then thats what it takes. If it means only 24 temas then thats how its gonna be. No one wants to see hard feelings or anyone quiting. If thats gonna be the case then just stick to the original plan of 24.

Jack - Just do it how you where gonna do it. There no need for any fighting about this as its just for fun.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I see what your trying to do mad, i agree with it, you should try to include everybody, and I have seen total beginners win their first time so there's no reason to split it up experience wise. The only thing is I just don't know if there is a practical way to make a jump past 24, 48 might work, but i doubt anymore. I'm just adding my two cents from a couple of years of experience in being in really fun leagues, and some that fell apart.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I see what your trying to do mad, i agree with it, you should try to include everybody, and I have seen total beginners win their first time so there's no reason to split it up experience wise. The only thing is I just don't know if there is a practical way to make a jump past 24, 48 might work, but i doubt anymore. I'm just adding my two cents from a couple of years of experience in being in really fun leagues, and some that fell apart.
Thanks Tenn, your thought are highly valued as is the thought of all members of PR. When JSR gets back on he can take care of everything however he needs to so that the league works best.

Homer Jay
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
I'll just throw in my 2 cents worth and be done. 24 teams is already too many. 8 teams will end up with back up qbs who aren't even starters in the nfl. I'll be happy to watch as you guys fight it out . Have fun and good luck to all of you.

gureski
05-04-2006, 10:38 PM
To answer a few questions and clarify some things...

Regarding my proposal... Each tier is made up of its own mini-league. So, you could have a 3 tiered League with 6 mini-leagues within the overall league. The bottom teir would have 3 seperate leagues that range from 8 to 10 to 12 owners per league. The middle tier would have 2 mini-leagues with the same ownership and the top tier is one single league.

Each mini-league has its own draft. Each Mini-League has it's own commissioner but since all leagues are run off the same rules and scoring system and such....the commissioner's job is not as extreme as it would be in a single league where there is only one person with say. You appoint a panel of owners to act as the board to sort out any issues that come up.

You're all still part of the same Super-League and you're all fighting for positioning towards next year and ultimately everyone is fighting to get to the top and win the whole thing so your'e still all part of the same league despite not all being in the same draft. And again, you can have as many or as few mini-leagues as you wish and each mini-league can have as many or as few owners per league as you wish. It's very flexable and that's a good thing in case there is a year where you don't meet your owner quota or maybe you have a year where you have more owners then expected.

Normally, those just starting out or learning start at the bottom tier so that they're facing the weakest competition while they learn the ropes. To answer Ziggy's question directly....yes, you could set it up that way right from the start. That's the beauty of this system...it has alot of flexability.

On the 8, 10, or 12 team league debate....what I can say is that I'm a rather serious FF guy. I run a 24 team league of my own and participate in numerous leagues throughout the season. What I know about the difference between the size of the leagues is that the lower the amount of owners the higher the 'luck' factor. The higher the amount of owners in a league and the higher the 'skill' factor. If you have only 8 owners in a league then there are more then enough players for everyone to have stars and injuries and free agent moves don't mean much because there is always something of quality sitting on the free agent wire. With talent all around you....you don't have to be skilled to win. YOu just have to be lucky.

Contrast that with a 12 team league where most of the name players are taken during the draft. Now, an owner will need to do a little research and go beyond the obvious in order to succeed. There is more skill and challenge involved and therefore...in my opinion...it's more fun and more rewarding to play. I have never...ever...seen a league run out of players. I even play in 14 team leagues and did a 16 team league one time and never did we run out of valid players. You don't run out of players....you just run out of names on your list. If you're willing to research a little...and most of us love football...you can find guys to use in FF on a weekly basis.

In the 24 team league I run, we split those 24 teams into 2 seperate 12 team conferences and hold a seperate draft for each league. Now, we're still one big league because our championship game pits the winner of each league against each other to determine our overall champion AND we play cross-conference games during the season where you end up playing someone from the other conference....someone from the other draft who potentially has 1 or more of the same players you have. So...it provides interesting twists and such.

I could go on but this is enough. All I can say is that there really is no need to fight about any of this. Let as many people play as want to. You can adjust the tiered league to the number of players you have. Heck, each mini-league doesn't even have to have the same number of players.

gureski
05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Another suggestion would be to have a 32 team draft and pick Team positions...ie... Team QB.... Team RB... Team WR and ect.... That way you don't worry about back ups and such and there are plenty of positions for all to pick from.

Again...there are so many solutions to the issues being raised. We can find something that works for everyone. Personally, I've always wanted to be part of a 32 team league like that. It would be really exciting.

gureski
05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Or, too we could just run several seperate leagues and just have several different champs. That wouldn't be so bad. You could have a rookie league, a starter league, & a veteran league, all maybe 10-12 players hopefully, for each league. It could be done.

This is pretty much the theme of the tiered league only you link it all together and have a set way of earning promotions/demotions and everyone's ultimate goal is to reach the top league and win it all. You have seperate drafts for each league within the overall league but it's still all one big league with everyone working towards the same goals and tied together.

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Truly Mad, you and I are on the same page. I don't want to exclude anyone. I really do want to accomodate anyone that wants to play in this game. You know me, I'm all for making the Packer Rats family closer, solidifying the readership. Fantasy football is a great way to do that (even allows for members who have issues with each other to "take it to the court", so to speak).

But there has to be some kind of a limit. 48 teams is crazy, but I do think you're right--we have to figure out a way to make it happen. I honestly don't want to break it down into beginner, intermediate and advanced because beginners learn a lot from those with experience and, sadly, from losing (best way to learn is to jump in feet first, even if you have a chance of failure).

I am up for alternate solutions, including guerski's suggestion, in order to accomodate the masses. But, as Tenn suggested, the more people we have in this thing, the more watered down the experience will be for everyone. I'll do some research and figure it out.

I think the ultimate goal should be to have one Packer Rats champion though.

Thanks for your patience.

tyler

MadtownPacker
05-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Cool and youre right, there should only be 1 PR Champion.

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 09:29 AM

This is pretty much the theme of the tiered league only you link it all together and have a set way of earning promotions/demotions and everyone's ultimate goal is to reach the top league and win it all. You have seperate drafts for each league within the overall league but it's still all one big league with everyone working towards the same goals and tied together.

That's similar to what I was suggesting with the 4 conferences. There'd be four different drafts. Seemingly 4 different leagues. The playoffs would feature the top conference winners and then the top two would face off in the Sewer Bowl.

The only difference is that there's no demotion or promotion. All franchises owners--new or experienced--would duke it out on the same level.

tyler

SkinBasket
05-05-2006, 09:37 AM
But, as Tenn suggested, the more people we have in this thing, the more watered down the experience will be for everyone. I'll do some research and figure it out.

Jack,

Keeping in mind that I haven't participated in one of these before, isn't there some truth in what guerski pointed out? That having rosters a little "watered down" is what makes the league interesting? Having not done this before, the "watered down" option seems more appealing to me, just because it seems more exciting that it would matter more when your "average" players have a good day vs having a roster full of the best players having average days, making the selection and management of your team all the more important. Then again, maybe it makes the game a pain in the ass. Just wondering what you guys on the "don't dilute the talent" float think of the "dilute the talent" argument. Thoughts?

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 09:43 AM
But, as Tenn suggested, the more people we have in this thing, the more watered down the experience will be for everyone. I'll do some research and figure it out.

Jack,

Keeping in mind that I haven't participated in one of these before, isn't there some truth in what guerski pointed out? That having rosters a little "watered down" is what makes the league interesting? Having not done this before, the "watered down" option seems more appealing to me, just because it seems more exciting that it would matter more when your "average" players have a good day vs having a roster full of the best players having average days, making the selection and management of your team all the more important. Then again, maybe it makes the game a pain in the ass. Just wondering what you guys on the "don't dilute the talent" float think of the "dilute the talent" argument. Thoughts?

Well, it actually makes the game more of a pain in the ass. If you have to choose between starting Noah Herron or Najeh Davenport as your backup RB, instead of Chester Taylor or Cedric Benson, it makes the game a lot less fun. There's nothing that hurts more as a fantasy football player to have a player that you start score zero points because he doesn't get any playing time. It does happen sometimes. Players get injured; game-day decisions affect the starting roster. But when the talent pool on draft day is so shallow that you have to draft a 3rd-string RB to start, or a 4th-string WR and hope that he catches a pass, then you're going to have a terrible experience.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Ok. With gureski's suggestions, I think a solution has been found. Here's what I propose (very similar to yesterday)...

Packer Rats Fantasy Football League

Management:
4 Division Managers
- A Division Manager would be an existing franchise owner with experience in fantasy football. The Division Managers would end up being the Advisory Council for the league and would manage the draft for each division and would work with the Commish to regulate activities within each respective conference.
1 Advisory Council (1 Commish/Division Manager + 3 Division Managers + 1 Honorable Voter)

League Composition:
2 Conferences
4 Divisions per Conference

Season:
Draft: Week or two prior to the regular season. Each Division participates in its own draft.

Thoughts? I'd need 4 people to step up to be Division Managers--basically, you'd run your own 10-person league within the Packer Rats FFL structure, with my assistance, of course.

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-05-2006, 10:14 AM
l'm glad you guys kissed and made up. Now STOP holding hands!!

let me see if i can get this started again.

Jack you elitest!!!!

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 10:24 AM
l'm glad you guys kissed and made up. Now STOP holding hands!!

let me see if i can get this started again.

Jack you elitest!!!!

Whisk you redneck!!!

:D

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Whisk you redneck!!!

tyler

ya, SO!!!

Guiness
05-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I already thought 24 teams was a little much. Think of the logistics if we want to have a live draft. It's already a reach to pick a time when 24ppl can make it. 48? No way. Jack's suggestion of 10team divisions is a good one.

I wonder about the logistics of running the league JSR suggested, however. Does whatever provider we're looking at allow you to form a new league in week 14? There will be some player cross-over (obviously) - do they allow the same player to be on two teams? Depending on the answers to these questions, we may need to keep score 'by hand' for the playoffs.

Re: Watered down
Gureski is right - a bit watered down is best. You have to dig for players, not everyone will start two #1 WR's.

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I already thought 24 teams was a little much. Think of the logistics if we want to have a live draft. It's already a reach to pick a time when 24ppl can make it. 48? No way. Jack's suggestion of 10team divisions is a good one.

I wonder about the logistics of running the league JSR suggested, however. Does whatever provider we're looking at allow you to form a new league in week 14? There will be some player cross-over (obviously) - do they allow the same player to be on two teams? Depending on the answers to these questions, we may need to keep score 'by hand' for the playoffs.

Re: Watered down
Gureski is right - a bit watered down is best. You have to dig for players, not everyone will start two #1 WR's.

Guiness, that's exactly what I was thinking. For the playoffs, we may just have to track everything by hand and report the progress on the Packer Rats site. You're right, there will be player crossover. Then again, I may contact Yahoo and see if starting up a playoff league in week 14 would work. I think it is possible, at least somewhere, but the default is that we'd create a second season which we have to track by hand late in the year.

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad. It'd get people coming back to Packer Rats on a regular basis to check playoff progress. I'll troubleshoot that one and see what I can figure out.

tyler

EDIT: Yahoo could handle divisional playoffs for weeks 14-15. The scope of the problem is that we'd have to track weeks 16-17 by hand on the Packer Rats site.

gureski
05-05-2006, 12:56 PM
"Well, it actually makes the game more of a pain in the ass. If you have to choose between starting Noah Herron or Najeh Davenport as your backup RB, instead of Chester Taylor or Cedric Benson, it makes the game a lot less fun. There's nothing that hurts more as a fantasy football player to have a player that you start score zero points because he doesn't get any playing time. It does happen sometimes. Players get injured; game-day decisions affect the starting roster. But when the talent pool on draft day is so shallow that you have to draft a 3rd-string RB to start, or a 4th-string WR and hope that he catches a pass, then you're going to have a terrible experience.

tyler"

end quote

I'd like to answer this by stating that it's no fun when you get beat by luck. In a small league where there is ample talent for everyone then all one has to do in order to succeed is pick up a FF magazine or a generic list. There is little thought involved. All moves are obvious. It takes zero brains to look at a generic list and pick name players off that list and then insert them into your line up. It comes down to who is luckiest. Furthermore, if you just play with the 'name' players then the owners who are lucky enough to pick early are going to win more times then not because they're the owners who will have access to the Tomlinson's and Manning's and Alexander's and ect.... Studs like the one's I mention here are head and shoulders above the rest of the players at their positions and therefore.....if you get one...and there is no built in mechanism for others to compete with you regarding talent....then it's not fun because it's hard to compete with those owners.

On the other hand, if you have a larger league then it takes more thought and research and skill in order to assemble your team. You can't just ride the top picks to success because if one gets injured there is nothing obvious sitting around to help you recover. If you get the 1st pick then you have to wait 22 picks or longer before you get to go again. That thins out the talent and evens things up. There is less room for error in larger leagues. You pay for mistakes in a large league where-as in a small league you can more easily cover your mistakes because there is always something decent sitting there for you to pick up. In larger leagues, You need to figure out other names and players to ride in order to win. There is more strategy in a larger league and that's great because that's what makes FF fun. If you're just starting out and getting the hang of things then smaller leagues are fine but after you get a taste of what the games are all about and how it works....you will crave more of a challenge.

You can have Chester Taylor instead of Noah Herron in a larger league. You just have to be able to research ahead of time and grab the player before others get him. That's why it's more fun. It's more of a challenge and it's more rewarding. When you grab a guy that nobody expects anything out of ...like Joey Galloway... before it's obvious that he is going to have the kind of season he had last year....then that's a rewarding feeling. It's equally rewarding then to watch the guy who DIDN'T pick up Galloway when he had the chance try to fill his spot with junk because he missed out. In the end, I'm just saying that the only two reasons you could end up with a Noah Herron starting for you is because you either didn't plan well enough when building your team OR you were hit with an unusual amount of injuries at the same position. And even if you have injuries...you usually have the right to trade meaning you don't have to accept a garbage player like Herron starting for you. It's a choice.

Enough of my soap-box though.

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Good points gureski. I was one of those people that picked up Galloway (and Gado, when the getting was good) last year. I made pretty deep in my team's playoffs, but was a victim of the other thing you mentioned: injuries. Deuce McCallister was one of my high draft picks last year and when he went out, I was hurting bad.

I think the thing we should keep in mind is that we are obviously going to have varying levels of fantasy football experience in this league. We want to accomodate all. After this year, if this is successful, this league will be a madhouse with fantasy football addicts. Thus, we do need to keep the divisions small so that each person has a shot at the "big names we all recognize". True, there is far more strategy, luck and fulfillment by hunting down those players like Galloway last year or Drew Bennett the previous year that fly under the radar.

Thanks for the thoughts gureski.

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
ELITEST!

packrulz
05-05-2006, 03:42 PM
I was on a private league with 12 teams and it was kind of tough, slim pickins on the FA wire. Plus, with 24 teams the draft will be a marathon. I'm not trying to be negative, but it won't be easy. I guess we could do an auto-draft & people could trade or pick up FA's as needed.

jack's smirking revenge
05-05-2006, 03:58 PM
I was on a private league with 12 teams and it was kind of tough, slim pickins on the FA wire. Plus, with 24 teams the draft will be a marathon. I'm not trying to be negative, but it won't be easy. I guess we could do an auto-draft & people could trade or pick up FA's as needed.

Actually, there should be 4 separate drafts, one for each division. Each division will be treated like a separate league, united only by the playoffs. Each division will have player overlap, but there's no way to avoid that. You're right--24 teams drafting would not only be a marathon, but just plain lame. I can't imagine only having 2 superstars on my fantasy roster.

That's what I've proposed. Perhaps I need to make that clearer?

tyler

RashanGary
05-05-2006, 11:06 PM
League Composition:
2 Conferences
4 Divisions per Conference

If you have 2 conferences and 4 divisions per conference isn't that 8 divisions total. Multiply that by 10 and you have 80 teams

tyler

I like this idea though.

1 - League
4 - Divisions
10-Teams per Division *40 teams*

I don't know if 6 representatives of 40 is enough for a playoff. 8 just seems more appropriate. I like this idea though. Could you imagine if you got stuck drafting #24. You would be at a huge disadvantage.

swede
05-06-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm leaning Nick's way and like the 4 division system through week 14.

Do the teams get seeded into 4 new divisions for playoffs that begin in week 15?

(I hate it when the NFL playoff teams rest their starters in week 17 and kill your fantasy championship roster.)

RashanGary
05-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Swede,

I think Jack's is proposing that the winner of each division get the top 4 seeds during the playoffs. The other 2-4 teams will be wildcards.

Example:

1 1 1 1 These are your first 4 to move on.
2 2 2 2 Then you take the next best 4 teams from the cumulative leagues
3 3 3 3
4 4 4 4
5 5 5 5
6 6 6 6
7 7 7 7
8 8 8 8
9 9 9 9
10 10 10 10

Starting after week 13 you start a new playoff league and only include the winners of each league with the wildcards. You start a complete new draft and then begin the new single elimination playoff. At the end you have 1 sewerbowl champion out of 40 teams and you don't have to suffer through watered down play or severe disadvantages because of crappy draft position.

packrulz
05-06-2006, 05:40 PM

Actually, there should be 4 separate drafts, one for each division. Each division will be treated like a separate league, united only by the playoffs. Each division will have player overlap, but there's no way to avoid that. You're right--24 teams drafting would not only be a marathon, but just plain lame. I can't imagine only having 2 superstars on my fantasy roster.

That's what I've proposed. Perhaps I need to make that clearer?

tyler
Ok, I understand. Sounds like a good plan.

Charles Woodson
05-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Swede,

I think Jack's is proposing that the winner of each division get the top 4 seeds during the playoffs. The other 2-4 teams will be wildcards.

Example:

1 1 1 1 These are your first 4 to move on.
2 2 2 2 Then you take the next best 4 teams from the cumulative leagues
3 3 3 3
4 4 4 4
5 5 5 5
6 6 6 6
7 7 7 7
8 8 8 8
9 9 9 9
10 10 10 10

Starting after week 13 you start a new playoff league and only include the winners of each league with the wildcards. You start a complete new draft and then begin the new single elimination playoff. At the end you have 1 sewerbowl champion out of 40 teams and you don't have to suffer through watered down play or severe disadvantages because of crappy draft position.

Why dont we do that, but have different leagues. I mean come on, if we have 40 teams, by the 2nd round pick, who is gana be there

RashanGary
05-07-2006, 01:25 AM
I think that's what Jack originally proposed. Only problem was he said 2 conferences and it should have probably only been 1. I don't know what he was thinking.

retailguy
05-08-2006, 12:05 AM
you can sign me up for a "division manager". I've managed many leagues and will do whatever you need.....

Sparkey
05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
One FF league I am in, A money league that routinely costs me from 170 - 240 a year, is setup so that you do not pick starters each week.

You get the highest scoring player at your positions, so other than drafting good, the only other real difficult task is keeping up on injuries. As far as rosters thinning out, obviously their need to be position limits as far as how many people you can have at each position.

Want to have an elite PackerRats FF League for the bigboys? Make it have a large entry fee. The more something costs, the more you get people that will stick it out the whole year.

Just my .02 cents.

Otherwise someone in the league that drafted lets say Favre, Tomlinson and Boldin as his big three.

Favre - IR for year,
Tomlinson - IR for year
and the guy will stop making moves and trying.

Its human nature...if you have no chance to win and it is not a dynasty league you stop making it a focus of your time.

sepporepi
05-13-2006, 06:28 AM
I want to play too.

chain_gang
05-14-2006, 11:24 AM
How does one go about joining one of these leagues. I'm game for it if there's room. I played in the JS league last year and stunk it up big time lol. Anyone looking for an easy win, look for my teams.

Rastak
05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I'll play...JSO league was fun last year.

Bretsky
05-15-2006, 10:34 PM
I'll play...JSO league was fun last year.

But where is Tex so we can beat on him again :) ?

Chain,
All are welcome to sign up; this is going to be one huge league and will be set up creatively............4 divisions of 12 teams etc..........not sure how....
but Jack will make it work

GrnBay007
05-15-2006, 11:11 PM
B, didn't I beat you last year?? :razz: hehe

gex
05-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I would like in also, if there is room. Great website here!!! :D

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2006, 12:35 AM

No, he beat me in the championship game after talking about how superior my team was for weeks leading up to the big game. He lulled my guys into a false sense of security.

GrnBay007
05-16-2006, 12:43 AM

No, he beat me in the championship game after talking about how superior my team was for weeks leading up to the big game. He lulled my guys into a false sense of security.

.....that's B. One smoooooth talker!!! :wink:

jack's smirking revenge
05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
I've updated the participant roster. We're 10 franchise owners away from the next proposed cutoff.

We need 2 more division managers. Anyone else interested? Basically, you'll be running your own division within the Packer Rats FFL, so you should have experience with managing a fantasy football league.

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-16-2006, 01:06 PM
elitest.

just seeing if i can get the argument started again :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
05-16-2006, 01:13 PM
elitest.

just seeing if i can get the argument started again :mrgreen:

redneck

:mrgreen:

tyler

Sparkey
05-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I've used Fanball in the past. It is a good site. We'll be using Yahoo for this league because of the varying levels of knowledge and access. I'm partial to fflmanager.com.

Thanks for the suggestions though. Does that mean I can count you in Sparkey? :D

tyler

It would be fun, but I already run one league and the other league that I am a member in is a big $$$ league and the two together, just take too much time for me to dedicate to another site. Besides, the misses would probably terminate me if I was in another ffl... lol

Green Bud Packer
05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
count me in.ive been playing f.f since the mid 80's.it is all consuming at times.

Bretsky
05-24-2006, 08:43 AM

I don't recall :wink:

But I do remember we had stakes on our first meeting and I was suppose to receive a 007 Bikini or Lingerie Calendar and it still has not been sent :cry:

After that I think my players boycotted the game the next time I played you :mrgreen:

Bretsky
05-24-2006, 08:45 AM

I had a team of overachievers late season and pulled out trickery and then bought off one of Harvey's defensive players to fake injury for me :mrgreen: .

Bretsky
05-24-2006, 08:47 AM

.....that's B. One smoooooth talker!!! :wink:

Seeing I don't have the GQish looks I have to use the charm :wink:

The Leaper
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I'll play...and I can be a division/conference manager. I've run plenty of FFLs, and they aren't very difficult to manage the way most websites are set up these days.

Personally, I think a 40 team league is difficult to operate. You really can't have more than 8 teams in the playoffs (3 weeks), but that kind of ratio in a large league means that half the teams in the league likely lose all interest by the midpoint of the regular season.

I would suggest having 20 team leagues...and if we have 2 or 3 leagues and 2 or 3 champions, so what? My suggestion for 40 teams:

(2) 20 team leagues
(4) 10 team conferences, 2 per league
(8) 5 team divisions, 4 per league

Each team would play 8 games in their own division (2 games each against 4 teams) and play 5 games (1 game each against 5 teams) against the non-division teams in their conference. That produces a balanced schedule over the first 13 weeks of the season...and gives you 8 playoff teams from each league. This will ensure that the vast majority of teams have a chance of reaching the playoffs through the final weeks of the season. I suppose you could drop the number of playoff teams to 6 from each league...and give the conference winners first round byes. Personally, I prefer 8 playoff teams...and you give a point bonus to simulate HFA during the playoffs to make the regular season outcome more meaningful.

Little Whiskey
05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
OH SHIT leaper!!! hurry up and delete your last post on changes to the FFL league!!! last time we tried changing things it almost resulted in a Packer Rat Civil War!!!

guys please forgive him, he didn't read the whole thread. he didn't mean it. put down the keyboards and slowly move away from the monitors.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chain_gang
06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I feel sorry for anyone that has to face me in Fantasy Football, I will destroy every team in my way. I have the best draft techniques and the best lineup strategies. :D

(Well not really, I just like to talk some smack, I can't really back it up)

HarveyWallbangers
06-01-2006, 09:52 PM
I feel sorry for anyone that has to face me in Fantasy Football, I will destroy every team in my way. I have the best draft techniques and the best lineup strategies.

You sound like Tex--who proceeded to have one of the worst fantasy football rosters I've ever seen.

Joemailman
06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I feel sorry for anyone that has to face me in Fantasy Football, I will destroy every team in my way. I have the best draft techniques and the best lineup strategies.

You sound like Tex--who proceeded to have one of the worst fantasy football rosters I've ever seen.

Harvey,

Chain Gang is so set up for success in 2006, only an Anti-American, Bush Hating Negativist like you would fail to see it! :evil: :evil: :evil:

chain_gang
06-02-2006, 08:18 AM

Lol actually Tex was better than me. I think I had only like two wins in that league last year, I had one crappy team. I blew it on draft day when I overlooked the 2 QB deal and ended up with Losman and Vick as my starters, and then had some injuries too. I wouldn't have beat a FF team that consisted of 2nd stringers lol. Still fun though, no doubt. But this year is different, I will dominate. :D

Bretsky
06-02-2006, 08:36 AM
The real reason Tex isn't joining us over here is because he's afraid to take another ass whoppin and he figures he can compete with the group over there :mrgreen: .

Cheers,
B

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Open this mother fucker up. Time for the nutroll to pound a little fantasy ass. My team name is going to be Jenna Jamison For Prez. So whats up now bitches. Time to trounce this shit.

jack's smirking revenge
06-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Open this mother fucker up. Time for the nutroll to pound a little fantasy ass. My team name is going to be Jenna Jamison For Prez. So whats up now bitches. Time to trounce this shit.

I give up. You win. If your team name is Jenna for Prez, then I'm voting that you win it all.

http://www.teraxxx.net/galleries/jenna/site01_onjc_wm/20882/007.jpg

Charles Woodson
06-09-2006, 02:09 PM
really quick, if we do it using yahoo, i notice they just opened so we can start when ever

Partial
06-14-2006, 03:53 PM
We could always have multiple leagues or whatever.

I have not stayed on top of this thread and don't have the time to read 8 pages. So if i'm in, let me know when and where and i'll be there :D

RashanGary
06-15-2006, 07:52 AM

Management:
4 Division Managers

League Composition:
1 Conferences
2 Divisions per Conference (4 divisions)

If you have 1 league you need 2 conferences with 2 divisions or 1 conference with 4 divisions to get a 40 team league.

jack's smirking revenge
06-15-2006, 10:00 AM

Management:
4 Division Managers

League Composition:
1 Conferences
2 Divisions per Conference (4 divisions)

If you have 1 league you need 2 conferences with 2 divisions or 1 conference with 4 divisions to get a 40 team league.

Yeah, what you said....and here's a visual:

http://www.soundnfury.net/images/FFLeagueLayout.jpg

RashanGary
06-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Cool.......

Partial
06-28-2006, 02:33 PM
There are 9 available spots left in the fantasy football league as it stands now.

Zool
07-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Well sign me up Spanky. I've been in a league or 3.

GoPackGo
07-03-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm in

Mr. T
07-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Yo, count me in.

I know I haven't been around much, been too busy. Later!

Partial
07-03-2006, 06:45 PM
There are now 6 spots left.

Dabaddestbear
07-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Got room for the most hated Bear fan in the league? If so count me in...but I got a little secret, I never participated in one before.

Badgepack
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
If there are still spots available, I'd like to join also.

Partial
07-07-2006, 12:36 PM
There are now 4 spots available in the league current format. Jack, I entered the people who said they wanted to be in, into the league.

Just so everyone is clear, Jack's Smirking Revenge is running this league, so if you have any questions at all contact him.

HarveyWallbangers
07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
There are now 4 spots available in the league current format. Jack, I entered the people who said they wanted to be in, into the league.

Just so everyone is clear, Jack's Smirking Revenge is running this league, so if you have any questions at all contact him.

Am I in?

Partial
07-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes. All I did was add the few people that want in via updating the first post in this thread.

Little Whiskey
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
if jack is running the league then it would just be him playing against himself thirty times. :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
07-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I really don't want to cause more controversy and I regret that I have to post this message, but I'm stepping away from fantasy football altogether for this football season. Too many things going on in my life and fantasy football just isn't a high enough priority. I'm even shutting down my personal fantasy football league, which I have run for the last six or seven years. Trust me, I really can't believe I'm writing these words. I can't imagine my life without fantasy football. I've thought long and hard about whether or not I can make it work, but with two extremely busy jobs, a band that's aiming for the stars, a long list of personal projects and an extremely complicated family life, I just can't devote time to "playing" this year.

Thus, I'm going to step away from the Packer Rats FF League (PRFFL). I know there were others in this thread that had great ideas about how to make this thing work and I hope they'll step up to take over. It's still early, with a month left before traditional drafts happen, so I am hopeful that someone will take the reins. This is an amazing group of football fans and I TRULY wish this was something I could make work and be a part of. But I can't clone myself and need to focus on other things right now.

With much sadness,

tyler

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
So am I in or what?

I nominate Partial as the league commish. That means he has to put everything together and run this bitch.

One thing we can do, is if there are too many people and not enough slots, we could form teams. double up or even have a nasty threesome.

I was just kidding about the threesome, I don't want to listen to two other people.

MJZiggy
07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I already told Partial that if we have more people than slots, I am willing to give up my spot.

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 10:48 PM
So am I in or what?

I nominate Partial as the league commish. That means he has to put everything together and run this bitch.

One thing we can do, is if there are too many people and not enough slots, we could form teams. double up or even have a nasty threesome.

I was just kidding about the threesome, I don't want to listen to two other people.

I second the nomination.

And if we have too many I'd give up my slot too; I won the JS title last year so I'm Happy to Retire like Jerome Bettis did.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 10:51 PM
So am I in or what?

I won the JS title last year

.....barely :twisted:

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 10:53 PM
So am I in or what?

I do remember I couldn't beat 007 in my last outing last year; but I don't beat gals anyways I just spank them softly :wink:

Speaking of, WHERE is my calendar ??

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Is this thing head to head?

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 11:26 PM
So am I in or what?

I do remember I couldn't beat 007 in my last outing last year; but I don't beat gals anyways I just spank them softly :wink:

Speaking of, WHERE is my calendar ??

still working on it. had to get a tan, u know. :razz:

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Is this thing head to head?

head to head?

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2006, 11:33 PM
When you play a different team each week. Say week one I would play 007, and then in week two I would play Bretsky.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 11:34 PM
I think the moderator should lock this thread.

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
I think the moderator should lock this thread.

Its getting out of hand

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 11:49 PM
When you play a different team each week. Say week one I would play 007, and then in week two I would play Bretsky.

Last year it was a head to head 12 team league.

I'm sure this yr it will be head to head, but format is TBD I think. It sounded like we had around 40-48 interested teams. If that's the case we were discussing having 4 conferences and then mergin playoffs somehow.

But either way in the season it would be head to head games.

Partial
07-13-2006, 11:49 PM
So am I in or what?

i've never played in a league and don't know anything about it. I can't do this because I won't have time come fall. I will be a full time student with a part time job on top of it. Sorry guys!

Bretsky
07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
So am I in or what?

i've never played in a league and don't know anything about it. I can't do this because I won't have time come fall. I will be a full time student with a part time job on top of it. Sorry guys!

OK, THEN I NOMINATE HARVEY WALLBANGER AS COMMISSIONER.

Hey, think ya can hook us up at some Sororiety Parties ?

Cheers,
B

HarveyWallbangers
07-14-2006, 12:01 AM
No can do. With the new baby and being the commish of a baseball and football league already (not to mention hockey and basketball), I don't have the time to do it.

I nominate Bretsky. He has too much free time as it is.

Bretsky
07-14-2006, 12:04 AM
No can do. With the new baby and being the commish of a baseball and football league already (not to mention hockey and basketball), I don't have the time to do it.

I nominate Bretsky. He has too much free time as it is.

No Can do; I'm in too many FFL's and if I became commiss my wife might make me sleep in the snow all winter.

Partial
07-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Well, I am going to run it by Mad and post an announcement (like this one) asking someone with experience and time to volunteer to run it? I will talk to Mad and see what he thinks on this matter.

MadtownPacker
07-14-2006, 01:45 AM
why dont you guys ask TPB to run it?

the_idle_threat
07-14-2006, 01:49 AM
I dunno ... is FFB un-American?

HarveyWallbangers
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Must not be. He was in our league last year.

Deputy Nutz
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I guess I can run it but I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to running a league with 48 participants.

GrnBay007
07-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Should this be getting organized soon? Just in case there are people that originally signed up that won't be playing now?

I can't run it, but I'll gladly help out whoever does.

packrulz
07-23-2006, 11:01 AM
I propose we just have several leagues & whoever has the highest point total at the end is the champ. A playoff with 48 teams would have to be done manually and no-one has the time. We could have 4 12 team leagues, I'll be the commish for one. We could also have a "newbie" league with autodraft for the people who have never played before, & those of us who want to conduct a live draft can do so. I caution against conducting the draft too early because players always end up getting hurt in the preseason and it messes up your roster. The weekend of the last preseason game is a good time to draft. In the meantime we can just get the leagues set up & talk smack.

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 11:21 AM
We should probably post the list of those interested and have them all conform they are still in for Step one.

GrnBay007
07-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Think we should run a new pool to see if everyone wants the big 48 team league or run 4 separate leagues like packrulz suggested? Everyone that signed up will still get to play and then nobody will have to commit to the time organizing anything manually.

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Think we should run a new pool to see if everyone wants the big 48 team league or run 4 separate leagues like packrulz suggested? Everyone that signed up will still get to play and then nobody will have to commit to the time organizing anything manually.

I think it's impossible to have a 48 team league and score it online. And nobody will want to score a 48 team league manually.

But that may be a bit premature because I don't think we ever got to 48 and some of those 48 may no longer hang out here ?

GrnBay007
07-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I think it's impossible to have a 48 team league and score it online. And nobody will want to score a 48 team league manually.

But that may be a bit premature because I don't think we ever got to 48 and some of those 48 may no longer hang out here ?

There were 3 or 4 spots left.

Partial
07-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Should I clear this and create a new thread where people have to sign up again? It seems this thread is in quite a bit of disarray since Jack stepped down, not to mentioned several pages of clutter. Any thoughts on what we should do guys?

GrnBay007
07-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I think first we should decide if we want a 48 team league or four 12 team leagues. Then get the sign up going again. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to take on the 48 team league

OR just make the decision right now partial and start the sign up list

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 12:09 PM

Management:
4 Division Managers

League Composition:
1 Conferences
4 Divisions

Season:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commish: jacks smirking revenge
Division Managers: jacks smirking revenge, retailguy

Participants:

1. jacks smirking revenge (Commish)
2. bretsky
3. GrnBay007
4. retailguy
5. CyclonePackFan
6. swede
7. Nick Barnett
8. LEWCWA
9. Harvey Wallbangers
10. theatreofshades
11. route25
12. GBMichele
13. No Mo Moss
14. MadTownPacker
15. Partial
16. mjziggy
17. guiness
18. pacfan
19. NickCollins
20. Anti-Polar Bear* (make sure Skin and APB are in different divisions)
21. TennesseePackerBacker
22. OS PA
23. guerski
24. packrulz
25. SkinBasket
26. pack4ever
27. Rastak
28. gex
29. sepporepi
30. chain_gang
31. Green Bud Packer
32. zool
33. Jpoppinga
34. Mr. T
35. Dabaddestbear
36. Badgepack
37. Homer Jay
38. K Town
39. Leaper

HERE WAS ORIGINAL LIST FROM POST 1; I"M GOING TO PUT IN ADDITIONS IN HERE AS WELL SO SEE WHERE THINGS ARE.

007, inspired by Jerome Bettis, I'm thinking about retiring a champ; I like it on top.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
07-23-2006, 12:14 PM
007, inspired by Jerome Bettis, I'm thinking about retiring a champ; I like it on top.

Cheers,
B

sometimes you are just so selfish B. :twisted: :razz:

Partial
07-23-2006, 12:18 PM
B you're playing and you're going down.

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 12:20 PM

I give up. You win. If your team name is Jenna for Prez, then I'm voting that you win it all.

http://www.teraxxx.net/galleries/jenna/site01_onjc_wm/20882/007.jpg

In looking for names that signed up and not on list, just wanted to give this picture of 007 its props.

GrnBay007
07-23-2006, 12:27 PM
If that's your image of me, no wonder you seem so happy when I tell you sweet dreams! lol :razz:

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 12:28 PM
B you're playing and you're going down.

PARTIAL,

According to my count above we have 39; some of them I don't recognize.

IF we end up with 40 participants it might be easiest to set up two 20 team leagues ? Would have to just have one QB in that league obviously.

I'm not in charge, but making suggestions.

MadtownPacker
07-23-2006, 01:32 PM
OK since the previous commish backed out we need a new one that isnt gonna flake out.

Any volunteers?

4and12to12and4
07-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I want in, but I have never done this before. Is it too late to get in? And if I can get in, can someone PM me to let me know what I have to do, and how it all works? PLEASE?????!!!!

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 03:15 PM
4th,

Consider yourself in; we are not close enough to give info on exactly how it works.

At this point I think we have a bunch that want to play but nobody with the time to organize things.

We'll put you on the list; plz keep in tune with this thread for updates.

My guess is there will be a live draft before the season in which we select our fantasy football rosters. Depending on the amount of teams, there could be a few leagues, or conferences.

Bretsky

4and12to12and4
07-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Well, I had back surgery a few months ago and have a ton of down time, so if I knew what my responsibilities were and how it all will work, I would be willing to coordinate it, or do whatever is needed to make it go smoothly. Just let me know.

GrnBay007
07-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I want in, but I have never done this before. Is it too late to get in? And if I can get in, can someone PM me to let me know what I have to do, and how it all works? PLEASE?????!!!!

don't worry 4 & 12, last year was my first time and I almost kicked the king's butt........lol I think he just got lucky!! :wink:

j/k B :razz:

Bretsky
07-23-2006, 04:03 PM

don't worry 4 & 12, last year was my first time and I almost kicked the king's butt........lol I think he just got lucky!! :wink:

j/k B :razz:

When I never received my bikini calendar in the mail per our bet for the first win the second one just didn't mean as much :wink:

Cheers,
B

MadtownPacker
07-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Well, I had back surgery a few months ago and have a ton of down time, so if I knew what my responsibilities were and how it all will work, I would be willing to coordinate it, or do whatever is needed to make it go smoothly. Just let me know.

You want the keys man?
You got em!

I would suggest going back and reading this whole thread then start the official list. I think the first post has most of the names.

MJZiggy
07-23-2006, 11:44 PM
You're going to start by punishing the poor guy? :shock:

swede
07-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm still into it. I keep monitoring this thread to see wuzzup with format and rules. My previous experience has been with modified dynasty leagues or auction drafting. How this is going to work online with different schedules will be very interesting.

Count me in!

swede

4and12to12and4
07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
I will go back and get all the names of those who want in, but I will need someone to fill me in on how to do all this, it will be the first time I've ever even been in a fantasy league. I really want to do this, but am a rookie. If it's something that I can do without any prior knowledge, let me know, I will have to have someone give me enough info on my responsibilities so I know what I'm doing. If someone wants to give me their phone number, I will call you to get the scoop, or either we could just PM about it. Let me know!!

BallHawk
07-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Don't have the time to check back the other pages, but is there room for one more?

Partial
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Ballhawk,

I'd say yes but i am not running the show. I would assume though, since there is really no order in what we're doing here currently. I am really considering just ditching this thread entirely and starting over, so A. it generates some interest, B. so people are up to date on it from the start. I am thinking we're going to have several seperate leagues, then have a playoff system for weeks 15, 16, 17

MJZiggy
07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Don't have the time to check back the other pages, but is there room for one more?

If there's not, you can have my spot.

packrulz
07-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Ballhawk,

I'd say yes but i am not running the show. I would assume though, since there is really no order in what we're doing here currently. I am really considering just ditching this thread entirely and starting over, so A. it generates some interest, B. so people are up to date on it from the start. I am thinking we're going to have several seperate leagues, then have a playoff system for weeks 15, 16, 17

I agree to start a new thread & get a current headcount on who still wants to play, we have time. Then set up 4 yahoo leagues, the champs from those 4 leagues would have a playoff game then a Ratbowl game. You would need a Ratbowl commish who could also manually do the stats on the playoff & Ratbowl games. I think it will be easier if they just keep the same players. I would think he/she could just cut & paste the final stats & just add them up. We would also need 4 commishioners for each league, I will take one. 4and12, I think it will be more time consuming than difficult. I will do it if you don't want to but I won't be very fast about it.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Packrulz,

You know what to do but might not have the time. Is it possible to work together with 4&12to12&4 to get everything set up then once it is all set he can keep track of stuff?

Rastak
07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Packrulz,

You know what to do but might not have the time. Is it possible to work together with 4&12to12&4 to get everything set up then once it is all set he can keep track of stuff?

I could run a league also if need be. I've run a few yahoo leagues. Anyway, I look forward to playing against you guys (and gals) this year.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Packrulz,

I could run a league also if need be. I've run a few yahoo leagues. Anyway, I look forward to playing against you guys (and gals) this year.

Who else is gonna step up to the plate????

packrulz
07-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Packrulz,

Sure, I've never done it manually either but as long as we can dig up the stats it's not hard to add it up. It's only 2 games. 4and12to12and4 and I could collaberate on it.

Partial
07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
We have a commissioner. Zool is gonna run the show with several sub commissioners. I am going to create a new thread and lock this one so we can reference it, but keep it all in one organized place for Zool. We'll be starting a new sign up sheet, too!

Partial
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
PLEASE POST SIGNUPS IN THE SIGN-UP THREAD, AND ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO FF IN THE MAIN FF THREAD. THANKS

Partial, letting this thread die a graceful death