PDA

View Full Version : Packers or Badgers

Partial
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
If you could only watch/attend games/be affiliated with one of these two teams, which one would it be and why?

I would definitely say Badgers. I have never been to a Packer game, but I have been to many Badger games and they have been some of the most fun experiences of my life. I remember watching Schabert come in and throw that 80 yard TD to Lee Evans for the win against OSU like it was yesterday, and I will never forget screaming myself into a splitting headache in the pouring rain when John Stocco snuck into the end zone to take out Michigan in 2005. The games are just much more exciting too because the players play so much harder. You guys remember that Purdue game on the road where they kept playing catch-up and eventually Scott Starks had a big hit and ran the fumble in for a td? Great times!!

How about you?

HarveyWallbangers
02-26-2007, 11:00 PM
PACKERS!!!

Partial
02-26-2007, 11:03 PM
PACKERS!!!

why? You've got to provide an explanation!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-26-2007, 11:23 PM
PACKERS!!!

PACKERS!!

MJZiggy
02-27-2007, 06:53 AM
PACKERS!!!

PACKERS!!

PACKERS!!

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:31 AM
I'd have to go with the Badgers. College kids play so much harder than pros and the atmosphere is a lot better, with bands, students, etc. Keep in mind that if you root for the Badgers you get three sports instead of one; Hockey, football, and basketball.

Scott Campbell
02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Packers.

This thread belongs over at BadgerRats.com.

Cheesehead Craig
02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
I'd have to go with the Badgers. College kids play so much harder than pros and the atmosphere is a lot better, with bands, students, etc. Keep in mind that if you root for the Badgers you get three sports instead of one; Hockey, football, and basketball.
I believe that he only meant football. You cannot factor in those other sports as that is an unfair advantage.

I am a UW alum and I loved going to games. The atmosphere is second to none with the student section, being on campus and having the memories come back. I remember being at the game when Anthony Thompson ran for 299 yds on Parent Day. :evil: I also remember back when we won in Japan vs MSU to go to the Rose Bowl my senior year there. I was one of the first running onto State Street to celebrate with hundreds of others.

I've been a Packer fan as long as I can remember. Lynn Dickey, Ezra Johnson, James Lofton... loads of great pre-Favre memories. How do you turn your back on 30+ years of one of your favorite teams?

This would be an extremely tough call, but I would probably go Packers. They win on being in my heart longer.

Partial
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Yep, the atmosphere is simply breathtaking at camp randall. There is nothing like waking up at 8am to a few beer and bratwurst for breakfast, a few games of beer pong, then walking over to the stadium through a literal sea of red and hit up a two-story beer bong or two along the way. It's a beautiful thing!

Then, you have the band keeping the place rocking. Swingtown and Hey! are now banned from being played, but I have a hunch the crowd will keep singing them for the next several years until the chancellor caves. What a great time a badger game is

Partial
02-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I only ask this because the vote actually went to the Badgers on WSSP am1250 on the Sparkey Phfifer(sp) show. They took a slew of calls and there were some excellent stories!

Badgepack
02-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Big time Badger fan here has to go with;

PACKERS!

Cannot beat the tradition, fan owned, small town, Lambeau Field, ect....

Pack_Attack88
02-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Pack hands down!!!!

Badgers suck anyways!!

billy_oliver880
02-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Pack hands down!!!!

Badgers suck anyways!!

Why would you think that the badgers suck? :?

red
02-27-2007, 11:55 AM
badgers are a college football team that i root for

packers are my religion

going to camp randle to see a game means great drunken fun

going to Lambeau is a pilgrimage and the ultimate religious experience

pacfan
02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
badgers are a college football team that i root for

packers are my religion

going to camp randle to see a game means great drunken fun

going to Lambeau is a pilgrimage and the ultimate religious experience

yeah, what he said....

Tony Oday
02-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Packers no doubt about that one

bbbffl66
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Badgers are a lot of fun to watch, but this whole state lives and dies with the Pack.

oregonpackfan
02-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Packers, without any hesitation!

Hey, I love college football be it the Badgers, Ducks, Beavers, or Pacific Lutheran Lutes!(Division III in Tacoma, WA) The exciting atmosphere of college football is hard to match--except when it comes to the Packers.

While Camp Randall is an enchanted place, Lambeau Field is the Mecca.

POLISHHAWK
02-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I would rather watch the Pack than watch any of the Varmint Football League (Badgers, Gophers, Wolverines).

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I agree that, if you're just factoring football, it's the Pack. I don't HAVE to see every Badger came. I do, however, HAVE to see every Packer game.

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Yep, the atmosphere is simply breathtaking at camp randall. There is nothing like waking up at 8am to a few beer and bratwurst for breakfast, a few games of beer pong, then walking over to the stadium through a literal sea of red and hit up a two-story beer bong or two along the way. It's a beautiful thing!

Then, you have the band keeping the place rocking. Swingtown and Hey! are now banned from being played, but I have a hunch the crowd will keep singing them for the next several years until the chancellor caves. What a great time a badger game is

damn most be nice,

All we have down here is the U.. So the once every other year when FSU plays down here i go to the game... Only problem is that since the stadium isnt on campus you can sell beer or something like that so all the damn college kids get drunk and are extremely Bloody annoying.. but id have to go Packers. Only saw Brett once and that was this year when he played in miami

Badgepack
02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Die hard Packer fan, but got to go with Bucky.

Playing football since 1889, players busting their asses to try to get to the next level, the band, the coeds, ect....

Hard to top all that.

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Packers,Packers,Packers! The Packer preseason games get higher local ratings than the Badgers big ten games. Some in here may say the badgers and for them they are correct but WI in general, is all green and gold. Just look on Sundays how many things are planned around the Packers games.

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 08:51 PM
The comparison is not even close!

GBRulz
02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
You live 2 hours from GB and have never been to a Packer game???? :doh:

Partial
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
You live 2 hours from GB and have never been to a Packer game???? :roll:

Hey, don't you roll your eyes at me. I've never been taken by my family and they are expensive. My dad says he'll take me if I beat my last semesters GPA so that is what I am shooting for.

GBRulz
02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I roll my eyes alot at you, you should be used to that by now!! :lol:

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm torn; I can give no good answer.

For over 30 years of my life I waited for a Packer championship or a Badger BB or FB championship.

I've witnessed the Pack
Now I want to see the Badger

B

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Nothing wrong with that B but the Packers are a way of life in WI, the Badgers are not. No disrespect intended but the truth is the truth. 07 may be your year for Bucky in football. I think they have a great shot at winning the conference and maybe playing in the Championship game but I can't see them beating USC or Florida, sorry.