PDA

View Full Version : Bucks, Brewers, Packers, Badgers FBall, Badgers BBall

Partial
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
What team do you think is closest to a national championship and why?

HarveyWallbangers
02-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Obviously, the Badger teams look the closest. Then, the Packers, Brewers, then Bucks. I think the pro teams have nice, young squads that need more parts, need to continue to get better, and need to stay healthy.

I'm pretty excited about the Brew Crew's future:

SP Sheets - top 10 starter when healthy. Needs to stay healthy.
SP Capuano - one of the better LHPs in the NL
SP Bush - high Ks and low WHIP portend to breakout season
SP Suppan - solid veteran innings eater
SP Gallardo - one of the best starter prospects in the minors
SP Inman & Rogers have a chance

RP Cordero
RP Turnbow
RP Capellan

All throw in the high 90s. Turnbow needs to rebound.

C Estrada - one of the better hitting Cs in the NL.
1B Fielder - future star.
2B Weeks - future star. Needs to stay healthy.
SS Hardy - slick fielder. Needs to stay healthy.
3B Braun - one of the best 3B prospects in the minors.
LF Hart - solid prospect
CF Hall - good, professional hitter
RF Jenkins? Mench? - May need a FA upgrade here.

Partial
02-26-2007, 11:07 PM
I am going to go against you guys and convetional wisdom and say the Bucks.

Yes, thats right, the Bucks. The East is awful and will likely get worse again this year. If the Bucks keep up their current track record over the past 25 games or so, they will be in the bottom 3 and have a good shot at Durant or Oden.

Basketball is a superstar game and thus I think one of those two would make a HUGE difference.

I think they are a superstar, a new owner, and a new coach away from being competitive. Mo Williams is a budding star. Michael Redd is overrated but a very good player. Charlie V is versatile and can do a lot on the floor. Simmons and Patterson are good, mean defenders. Bell is a good back-up guard. And last but not least, Bogut will be a baller if they start getting him the rock and he hits the weight room and grows a pair. The little guy who's name escapes me is a good scorer as well. I'm pretty happy with their roster, believe it or not.

They've got a ton of potential. Tons!

Reason for this:
Packers are an average team at best right now. Lots of players who could blossom into a special core.
Badger FBall is gonna miss Stocco and Thomas. They will be very, very, very good in 2008, though. They are going to have a TON of senior starters that year and will be very, very tough. Should be top 5 for sure.
Badgers BBall is going to lose their star and he will be tough to replace. Who is going to score next year? Landry? Top 15-20 next year i'd say.
Brewers best hope is that their competition gets weaker. Signing Suppan was a good idea because it weakened a rival and strengthened them. Hopefully Roger Clements signs with the Yankees and not the Astros.

HarveyWallbangers
02-27-2007, 01:16 AM
I think Bogut is a lot tougher than you think. That's one of the things I like about him. He needs to improve, but more anything he needs the ball more.

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:14 AM
The Bucks are a team that always comes close, but then loses their one shot, goes into regression for a year or two, than comes back and does the same thing. I really like Larry Harris, but Stotts has to go. I can't judge this team this year because of our freak amount of injuries. No question we will be a playoff team next year, but the Bucks are still a couple years away.

The Brewers, IMO, can compete for a WS Title this year. They've got a top 5 pitching staff, a nucleus of young, improving stars, with a mix of already good veterans, such as Hall and Estrada. The jury is still out on Yost, but the Brewers can accomplish big things this year.

Partial
02-27-2007, 09:12 AM
The Bucks are a team that always comes close, but then loses their one shot, goes into regression for a year or two, than comes back and does the same thing. I really like Larry Harris, but Stotts has to go. I can't judge this team this year because of our freak amount of injuries. No question we will be a playoff team next year, but the Bucks are still a couple years away.

The Brewers, IMO, can compete for a WS Title this year. They've got a top 5 pitching staff, a nucleus of young, improving stars, with a mix of already good veterans, such as Hall and Estrada. The jury is still out on Yost, but the Brewers can accomplish big things this year.

Stotts has gotta go. I wish we had more bucks, brewers and badger fans on here so we could get some great discussion in there to complement the wonderful packer forum.

I don't think the Brewers can compete this year. They have too many games that will at best split with the Astros and the Cardinals. If the cubs can keep their pitchers healthy for once they could be very, very tough as well, but I digress because the billy goat curse will never allow the cubs to amount to anything.