PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins

Tony Oday
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
It is rumored here in MN that he is going to be release and the Vikings are going after a TE in FA. My question is why not Wiggins? He is a big target that can catch and leap small buildings! Ive seen it! He isnt that huge of a verticle threat but we need a red zone guy that can catch a ball in trafic. Plus this guy is A character all day long great well spoken guy.

I think he would be a perfect fit in GB. Vet TE that can catch and block.

gbpackfan
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Word out of Minnie is that he doesnt fit the WCO. That being said, I remember Wiggins causing all kinds of problems for the Packers in years past. Bring him in!

Tony Oday
02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Ya doesnt fit aka Brad Johnson cant make those 8 yard throws to the flat...too far

wist43
02-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Wiggins hands are much more reliable than anyone currently on the roster, but his blocking would be a liability, and he's really not a vertical threat.

Too bad Lee couldn't improve on his first season in GB... he showed a lot of promise two years ago, and last year he could catch a cold.

Martin is the perenniel tease.

Franks can still block, but he's done as a receiver.

Cheesehead Craig
02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I've thought Wiggins would be a fantastic addition to the team. Doesn't fit the WCO my ass... Childress is such a crappy offensive coord that he couldn't figure out how to use a TE that had avg 70 catches the last 2 seasons.

BlueBrewer
02-27-2007, 01:50 PM
this is wiggity wack. I can't get past him attempting to break dance after touchdowns.

HarveyWallbangers
02-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Wiggins is no better than the TEs Green Bay already has. He does nothing for me. Most of his catches 2 and 3 years ago were of the wide open underneath because teams are afraid Daunte will throw it deep variety.

red
02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
PFT is saying wiggins would be available because the queens are going after graham

i'd rather we went after graham

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Wiggins is no better than the TEs Green Bay already has. He does nothing for me. Most of his catches 2 and 3 years ago were of the wide open underneath because teams are afraid Daunte will throw it deep variety.

I agree, I would much rather have Babba instead of this guy. He sucks.

wist43
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM

I agree...

A vertical threat at TE would make Brett, and everyone else on that offense better. Occupy the safety, and all of a sudden Driver/Jennings/Robinson/et al are singled up on the outside; and, RB's and crossing patterns have room to work underneath.

They definitely need a TE to stretch the field... Wiggins ain't that guy.