PDA

View Full Version : HIGHLIGHT VIDS - Players the Packers may get!!!!

gbpackfan
02-27-2007, 05:05 PM
So I had some extra time on my hands so I put together a post with the highlight vids of the players that might be available at 16. Again, players that MIGHT be there, I understand some (like Landry) will probably be gone. I have to say, Landry and Nelson are DAMN IMPRESSIVE. So here you go, enjoy!

Note: These vids are in particular order. I could NOT find vids for Robert Meachem, Alan Branch, Greg Olsen or Amobi Okoye.

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Cal: Great Vision. Would def. solve our RB situation. Could trade reps. with Green to start and would eventually become the starter. Amazing talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwFmss2EwA

Laron Landry - S - LSU: An absolute beast. What a SS he would be. This kid is going to kill someone. At about the 1 minute mark in this vid he just about breaks a WR in half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

Reggie Nelson - S - Florida: WOW! This kid has earned his nickname "The Eraser." Watch this vid, guys are AFFRAID to go accross the middle against him. He plays FAST and would start day 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zw7nxl4qa4&mode=related&search=

Darrelle Revis - CB - Pitt.: Great cover corner. The only vid I could find was his put return against WV. Still, it's an amazing vid! He would be our PR from day 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA

Leon Hall - CB - Michigan: I'm not very high on this kid, but he plays tough and would def. be an upgrade at nickel and would start in a year or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVBdAaiO9k

Dwayne Jarrett - WR - USC: I know a lot of people are down on him, but he makes big plays when big plays are needed. Talk about a red zone threat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_aByLgotfY

Dwayne Bowe - WR - LSU: This kis is a tank for a WR. Watch him humilate this LB! WCO WR all the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNm2rFzdvW8

Ted Ginn, Jr. - WR - OSU: Amazing return man and could stretch the field. May take some time to develop as a WR but the talent is undeniable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

HarveyWallbangers
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the work.

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Nelson is a best

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I mean Nelson is a beast but looking at the Landry videos just makes my jaw drop Landry and Collins would tear it up. The hits landry puts on these recivers are sick

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
okay last post.

Marshawn Lynch: Does anyone know how the O-line was? Some of these plays he turns a usual lose into a huge plays. He seems to have good vision and has alot of quick cuts. Also what was his 40 time? He has great football speed. For lynch i think his talent over rules his """Charector Issues"""

Ballboy
02-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I like the Lynch video.......

....one question that maybe someone who watched him maybe able to answer, apart from the one run, all the runs were short (less than 20 yards) gains. Usually in College ball, you see several breakaway runs for 20+ gains. Didn't much of that with him, given his speed you would guess that is where most of his yardage is from.

Does seem to have great vision and execellent hands......gotta get this guy!!!

gbpackfan
02-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Ballboy,

I am not a professional scout, nor am I one of these posters that pretend to be one. But I did sleep in a Holiday Express last night so I will try to fill in some of the blanks about Lynch.

He has GREAT vision. Some the tape they show of him on the NFL Network is unbelievable. He will hit the hole strong but once he gets to the second level, he makes some great moves and gets a lot of extra yards. I watched him at the combine and his 40 wasn't great, 4.5 something, but that doesn't mean anything. My guess is he will run in the 4.4's at his pro-day and that is plenty fast. Lynch can take it the distance at anytime from anywhere. I have read that Lynch is an excellent ZBS running back and his ability as a receiver makes him a great fit in the WCO. Seems pretty perfect for the Packers, doesn't he?

Just a thought.....for those of you who do not have NFL Network. You are REALLY missing out. I admit, I am a football junkie and I LOVE this time of year. If you are like me, watching the combine is a lot of fun. Yeah, they could probably show more drills and less announcers, but they still show a ton of inside stuff. They show the weigh in process, how the interview process works (which was really neat) and you get to listen the coaches give the players instructions on the drills. I love it!

RashanGary
02-27-2007, 06:37 PM
They all looked good. Damn....

HarveyWallbangers
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
They are highlight films.
:D

I'm confused by GregJennings and CharlesWoodson. I thought NickCollins changed his name to GregJennings and then changed it to CharlesWoodson. Now, I'm all confused. Which one of you used to be NickCollins? And which one did the other one used to be?

RashanGary
02-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I never changed my name to Charles Woodson. Maybe he changes his name to GJ though

Bretsky
02-27-2007, 06:49 PM
They are highlight films.
:D

I'm confused by GregJennings and CharlesWoodson. I thought NickCollins changed his name to GregJennings and then changed it to CharlesWoodson. Now, I'm all confused. Which one of you used to be NickCollins? And which one did the other one used to be?

Greg Jennings was Nick Collins
I think Charles Woodson was once Nick Barnett

Hey, the more I see of Meecham the more I like him.

Packnut
02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Nelson's stock took a big hit due to his 40 time according to ESPN's NFL live today.

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Nelson's stock took a big hit due to his 40 time according to ESPN's NFL live today.

Explain why thats bad again? :P

Harv i use to be Nick Barnett at Christian encourager and a while on here. I went as something diff on JSO...

The good thing about this draft is we can fill ethier position later...

Biggest needs id say are TE, S, RB...

I really cant decide on who to take out of:

Laron Landry

Marshawn Lynch

Reggie Nelson

Technically id rather take Lynch in the first because of the lack of difference making RB in the 2nd round and the depth at safety

Or even take a reciever in one of ther rounds. SO much to choose from. And does any body know what we could get our of Fergie, KGB or Bubba?

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Check out this hit by Landry against 'Bama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXA7OVQAYk8&mode=related&search=

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Bretsky
02-27-2007, 07:51 PM

Harv i use to be Nick Barnett at Christian encourager and a while on here. I went as something diff on JSO...

Laron Landry

Marshawn Lynch

Reggie Nelson

Technically id rather take Lynch in the first because of the lack of difference making RB in the 2nd round and the depth at safety

Or even take a reciever in one of ther rounds. SO much to choose from. And does any body know what we could get our of Fergie, KGB or Bubba?

THOSE THE THE THREE I'M DEBATING ON; BUT I'M CONVINCED LANDRY WILL BE GONE

LYNCH IS 50-50 TO BE GONE

NELSON WILL BE THERE

AND I'VE ADDED MEACHAM TO MY FINAL LIST OF FOUR

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:55 PM
I'd love Meachem.

MadtownPacker
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm confused by GregJennings and CharlesWoodson. I thought NickCollins changed his name to GregJennings and then changed it to CharlesWoodson. Now, I'm all confused. Which one of you used to be NickCollins? And which one did the other one used to be?Yeah, its not like it says "formerly known as.." in their sigs. :P

gbpackfan
02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't care what numbers Nelson put up at the combine, watch his tape, he plays damn fast. I'm starting to think a draft of:

1. Nelson - S
2. Zach Miller -TE - which may be possible after his slow 40 time
3. Antonio Pittman - RB

Would be pretty solid.

HarveyWallbangers
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Cool.

HarveyWallbangers
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, its not like it says "formerly known as.." in their sigs. :P

Chumpa Este, pendejo!
:oops:

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't care what numbers Nelson put up at the combine, watch his tape, he plays damn fast. I'm starting to think a draft of:

1. Nelson - S
3. Antonio Pittman - RB

Would be pretty solid.

Anybody answer this could Lorenzo booker fit into our system? hes a fast rb with hands

Lurker64
02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I have to say "Damn", I really hope Nelson or Landry are there when the pick. They're both beasts. Landry's a hell of an athlete, but from what I've seen he suffers from a little bit of Sharper-itis and tackles pretty high, so I'm not sure that Nelson is a huge downgrade. He's a playmaker and he's intimidating.

Lynch looks to have good vision and a good cut, but marginal speed and he really does run vertically. If we traded down to 20 or so, I'd pick him but he's probably not worth a 16.

Then again, I'm not a scout and neither are any of you.

gbpackfan
02-27-2007, 09:58 PM

1. Nelson - S
3. Antonio Pittman - RB

Would be pretty solid.

Anybody answer this could Lorenzo booker fit into our system? hes a fast rb with hands

Charles,

Lorenzo Booker is a pretty neat back. He may not be big enough, yet, to stand up the punishment of an NFL season. That being said, he could be a playmaker if he was teamed up with Ahman Green. Here is a few highlight vids (small):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlsnDcoNKtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4

A guy I love in round 2 or 3 is ANTONIO PITTMAN from OSU. He knows the ZBS because it is what OSU runs. Watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMhonqcbXv8

UNDERRATED!!!!!!!

SD GB fan
02-27-2007, 10:11 PM
im impressed with pittman. he makes nice cuts and finds the holes (even the small ones) and hits them well. he doesnt punish defenders the way lynch does but he doesnt go down after getting touched either. he has nice balance. probably not the quickest back but hes got burst too. i think he would be a good fit. id like to learn more about him.

gbpackfan
02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
SD,

I know combine numbers are highly overrated. But just for fun, Pittman ran a 4.4 and Lynch ran a 4.5 in the 40 at the combine.

Packnut
02-27-2007, 10:22 PM

Laron Landry

Marshawn Lynch

Reggie Nelson

It's not bad to me. I'm not caught up in 40 times like others are.

SD GB fan
02-27-2007, 10:29 PM
SD,

I know combine numbers are highly overrated. But just for fun, Pittman ran a 4.4 and Lynch ran a 4.5 in the 40 at the combine.

thanks. its nice to know anyway. pittman would be a nice 2nd or 3rd round pick, but i wud like to see him add a bit more bulk. at 195, another 10 lbs or so would probably help more than hurt him when it comes to facing NFL linebackers.

Iron Mike
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
I'd rather have the speed.

I wanna see another RB point at Urslacker while outrunning him to the endzone. :P

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Dam I want Ted Ginn now. That was the most aswsome highlight vid I have every seen, enjoyed every minute of it. We need playmakers like that on this team.

billy_oliver880
02-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I think I just jumped on the Landry bandwagon. This guy is a hammer. :shock: