PDA

View Full Version : Person you most want cut from the Packers Roster

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Person you most want cut from the Packers squad

Just curious on your oppions

Mazzin
02-27-2007, 07:26 PM
KGB, he is decent on pass downs, but he isn't worth all the money we are paying the one trick pony. Closly followed by fergie.

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Can I choose none?

Bubba can be successful if he isn't relied upon as a #1 TE. If he had someone like Graham across from him, we could use Franks as more of a red zone threat.

KGB, when fresh, is a completely different player. With Cullen Jenkins being used 2 of the 3 downs, KGB can do his thing.

I'm willing to give Fergy one more year. If he doesn't show anything, than he's gone. It's not like we have anyone better to replace him.

Driver
Jennings
Ruvell Martin
Fergy
Draft Pick

In no order, those are who I expect to be on our team next year. I'd rather have Fergy than some street FA, anyday.

Charles Woodson
02-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Can I choose none?

Bubba can be successful if he isn't relied upon as a #1 TE. If he had someone like Graham across from him, we could use Franks as more of a red zone threat.

KGB, when fresh, is a completely different player. With Cullen Jenkins being used 2 of the 3 downs, KGB can do his thing.

I'm willing to give Fergy one more year. If he doesn't show anything, than he's gone. It's not like we have anyone better to replace him.

Driver
Jennings
Ruvell Martin
Fergy
Draft Pick

In no order, those are who I expect to be on our team next year. I'd rather have Fergy than some street FA, anyday.

You think Holiday gets cut?

BallHawk
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I do. He's got potential, no question, but he's nothing more than "a guy." I'm not saying Fergy isn't "a guy," but he is easily superior to a "desperation" FA pickup.

Brando19
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Fergie sucks!

Bretsky
02-27-2007, 07:47 PM
THE FRAUD

RashanGary
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
THE FRAUD

LMAO

RashanGary
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I voted for the "fraud" too B.

b bulldog
02-27-2007, 09:52 PM
hOW ABOUT NOT RESIGNING Martin???

oregonpackfan
02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I give a slight edge of cutting Franks over Ferguson.

Franks last year proved he can no longer get open. What was worse was the large number of drops he registered. Unlike his first years, Franks rarely got open in the end zone to catch a TD pass.

Freguson has had his opportunities to succeed as a starter and has failed to take advantage of those opportunities. Unless he has some form of epiphany as a player, he should also be cut.

Packnut
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Thompson need's to treat everyone the same and stop playing favorites. He dumped a bad CB who ran out of chances. Fergie has had just as many if not more. Double standards are bad for everyone involved.

The Shadow
02-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I think that it's now the time to start cutting the 'NFL Europe' - grade players Ron Wolf alluded to - the Dendy's, Herron's, & Bigsby's.
Better quality ballplayers should round out the depth.

OS PA
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I feel Holiday showed a boatload of talent and potential at the end of last year. In 8 short games he already appeared to be making a push for the 3rd reciever spot.

Ruvell in 13 games had 3 starts, 21 receptions, 358 yards, and 1 TD's
Francies in 7 games had 0 starts, 2 receptions, 16 yards, and 0 TD's
Holiday in 8 games had 2 starts, 9 receptions, 126 yards, and 0 TD's

I'd much rather see Holiday get the 3rd reciever spot over Francies and probably even over Ruvell. Sure Ruvell is a great end-zone threat, but why didn't he produce there? If I remember correctly his only touchdown was a gigantic breakdown in the other teams secondary.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Can I choose none?

Driver
Jennings
Ruvell Martin
Fergy
Draft Pick

Sometimes the best move is to fess up to the failure and move on.

I've wanted to get rid of the Fraud the last two years.

And in came the one last chance/one more year gang.

Looks like you're starting the group all over again this year.

TT should be able to find somebody better and/or with more upside.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
I give a slight edge of cutting Franks over Ferguson.

Franks last year proved he can no longer get open. What was worse was the large number of drops he registered. Unlike his first years, Franks rarely got open in the end zone to catch a TD pass.

Freguson has had his opportunities to succeed as a starter and has failed to take advantage of those opportunities. Unless he has some form of epiphany as a player, he should also be cut.

But what has the Fraud ever proven ? Look at his career stats; how can we rely on this guy ? At least Bubba did some good things at one time; the guy can still block.

I think the Fraud should be a given and we should be arguing about the 2nd cut.

B

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Thompson need's to treat everyone the same and stop playing favorites. He dumped a bad CB who ran out of chances. Fergie has had just as many if not more. Double standards are bad for everyone involved.

One could argue he's had a couple extra years of chances.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 12:15 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I feel Holiday showed a boatload of talent and potential at the end of last year. In 8 short games he already appeared to be making a push for the 3rd reciever spot.

Ruvell in 13 games had 3 starts, 21 receptions, 358 yards, and 1 TD's
Francies in 7 games had 0 starts, 2 receptions, 16 yards, and 0 TD's
Holiday in 8 games had 2 starts, 9 receptions, 126 yards, and 0 TD's

I'd much rather see Holiday get the 3rd reciever spot over Francies and probably even over Ruvell. Sure Ruvell is a great end-zone threat, but why didn't he produce there? If I remember correctly his only touchdown was a gigantic breakdown in the other teams secondary.

The last few years of watching the Taco Wallace's have brought our WR expectations down so low.

IMO we need three quality WR's and we have two.

We HAVE to either add a 3rd via free agency or the draft. No excuses

Let Ruvell Martin and Hollyday compete for the fourth and fifth spots with others we bring in.

Francis is NFL Europe. The Fraud is Junk.

GrnBay007
02-28-2007, 12:20 AM
But how do you REALLY feel about Ferguson?? :P

Kiwon
02-28-2007, 02:23 AM
I think Fergie's time is up.

Get rid of him and bring back Ahmad Carroll, dawg! :)

red
02-28-2007, 08:23 AM
this will be about the 4th year that fergy gets his "one more chance"

he's had 6 years in the nlf, and has never once became the player we hoped he would be

time to kick him to the curb

K-town
02-28-2007, 08:27 AM
How about Marquand Manuel?
Not that I didn't enjoy watching our DBs looking at each other after yet another blown coverage, pointing at each other, going "Was that your guy? Or was that my guy?" :bang:
Wasn't Manuel supposed to be the leader and QB of the defense?
As much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather see Mark Roman, Part Deux, hit the bricks before Bubba, Fergie, et al.

Guiness
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Interesting there are no KGB votes here.

Fergy is a guy you don't mind having around to provide some depth, and a spot start, IF you have a solid team and just need some role players.

I agree with Bretsky that rooks/2nd year players should develop in the 4th and 5th spots, and we need a viable player in the 3rd spot.

Patler
02-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I thought by now someone would show up and vote for Nick Barnett!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

swede
02-28-2007, 01:44 PM
I hope we address our weakness at TE and say bye bye to Bubba.

His pro bowl years were courtesy of Favre's arm threading it to him between umpteen defenders in the red zone.

prsnfoto
02-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I hope we address our weakness at TE and say bye bye to Bubba.

His pro bowl years were courtesy of Favre's arm threading it to him between umpteen defenders in the red zone.

I agree Bubba sucks but he can block and is more of a cap problem than the Fraud. Fraud has to go,then KGB,Manuel, and just for Patler Barnett. :D

Merlin
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Manual definitely needs to go. Ferguson definitely needs to go. Both KGB and Franks are proven players with a lot of upside still left in them and both pro-bowlers. Either could be nice trade bait however to the right team but I would want a starter and a draft pick for either of them.

I would be shocked if TT actually made the move to cut Manual. We are not NFL coaches, Scouts or GM's and maybe the guy has some talent but whatever it is, it sure isn't playing safety in the NFL.