PDA

View Full Version : You Pick The Draft...#3, Cleveland Browns.

ND72
02-28-2007, 08:27 AM
#1, Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell
#2, Detroit Lions - Joe Thomas

We're up to Pick #3, Cleveland Browns.

In real situations, Cleveland could be the start of a lot of movement, which is rumored every year, but this year I think I could see movements happening at the top. You're selections are on top...lets discuss the Browns now.

ND72
02-28-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm going to go out on a wing on this, and say they take Brady Quinn. They could use probably any of the guys listed, and many think they'll take Peterson. But I think they like the "home grown" guy.

red
02-28-2007, 08:35 AM
i'll say CJ until he's off the board. best player in this draft

and cleveland needs WR help, braylon edwards was their top guy, and he wasn't anything special

plus a target like that would help out charlie frye quite a bit, who i think will still end up being a good pro

in reality, they should trade this pick, so they can draft more help. someone will be willing to jump up to #3 to take CJ, and the browns could pick up an extra 2nd to do it. you drop down two or three spots and still get peterson or quinn

Packnut
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I think they will be under pressure to go with the "sure thing". I think it's the safest bet in the draft that they take Peterson.

Spaulding
02-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Can't say I'm an Irish fan but I'm with ND72 in that I think the Browns would almost have to take Quinn at #3.

All the recent talk about Quinn's weaknesses and the fact the Irish got blown out in bowl games with Quinn at the helm the last couple of years and in some other games is rubbish. The team just isn't that talented and if it wasn't for Quinn they would likely have been lucky to be close to .500.

He doesn't have the moxy that Montana had but he certainly does remind me of the former 3rd round Golden Domer. Now if only has even half the NFL career he will be regarded as a great pick.

ND72
02-28-2007, 08:46 AM
I know this isn't "Browns" or even Packer related, but just read this so I thought I'd post it...

According to the St Paul Pioneer Press the Vikings will offer a second round pick and possibly Brad Johnson to the Falcons for Quarterback Matt Schaub.

If the Vikings make this offer, the Falcons would have to give it serious consideration. A high 2nd round pick would be great value for Schaub.

ND72
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
and this one...

The Detroit Free Press is reporting the Lions are listening to trade offers for the 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft. According to Matt Millen, he's talking to teams that are interested in JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.

Trading down and acquiring more draft choices makes a lot of sense for the Lions, a team that has many holes to fill. Also, they don't seem to be interested in any of the top players in the draft except for Joe Thomas.

Packnut
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
I know this isn't "Browns" or even Packer related, but just read this so I thought I'd post it...

According to the St Paul Pioneer Press the Vikings will offer a second round pick and possibly Brad Johnson to the Falcons for Quarterback Matt Schaub.

If the Vikings make this offer, the Falcons would have to give it serious consideration. A high 2nd round pick would be great value for Schaub.

This would be bad for us. Schaub is gonna be a good one when he gets a chance. I'd hate for the damn Vikes to get him.

red
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM

atlanta would be morons if they did this IMO

johnson has no trade value, he should be retired, not trade bait. and shaub should be able to get at least a 1st rounder in return

Packnut
02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
and this one...

The Detroit Free Press is reporting the Lions are listening to trade offers for the 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft. According to Matt Millen, he's talking to teams that are interested in JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.

Trading down and acquiring more draft choices makes a lot of sense for the Lions, a team that has many holes to fill. Also, they don't seem to be interested in any of the top players in the draft except for Joe Thomas.

If I'm TT, I offer our first and second rd pick this year and a 3rd next season for their #2, then take CJ. I know it's steep, but you have a bona fide #1 WR for the next 10 years.

Cheesehead Craig
02-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm going with CJ on this one. WR talent like this is rare to say the least, jump on it while you can.

As for the Schaub/Vikings deal. Right now the tender of the 1st and 3rd pick is on him, and given the interest in him the Falcons should wait and see what offers come in. There is no reason for them to jump at this offer when there is so much more they can get than a has-been QB with an attitude problem (he thinks he should be a starter, not a backup).

red
02-28-2007, 09:08 AM
and this one...

If I'm TT, I offer our first and second rd pick this year and a 3rd next season for their #2, then take CJ. I know it's steep, but you have a bona fide #1 WR for the next 10 years.

someone else had this same idea last week

according to the trade value chart, we would have to give up every single pick in this draft our 1st round pick next year, and maybe our 2nd next year

to move from #16 to #2

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:12 AM
and this one...

someone else had this same idea last week

according to the trade value chart, we would have to give up every single pick in this draft our 1st round pick next year, and maybe our 2nd next year

to move from #16 to #2

Ya gotta remember my friend, we're talking about Matt Millen here. He ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ND72
02-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I don't think we're moving that far up, if up at all. I personally do think teams are dumb to pass on Calvin Johnson. He's about as easy of a top pick in a draft as anyone in the past few years. I was just checking out some other boards, and there is a Lions board where EVERYONE wants Johnson, and don't care that they've had 3 WR in a row drafted round 1, cause this is a sure thing. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson would be deadly.

red
02-28-2007, 09:16 AM
well, just throw a twinkie at him

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I don't think we're moving that far up, if up at all. I personally do think teams are dumb to pass on Calvin Johnson. He's about as easy of a top pick in a draft as anyone in the past few years. I was just checking out some other boards, and there is a Lions board where EVERYONE wants Johnson, and don't care that they've had 3 WR in a row drafted round 1, cause this is a sure thing. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson would be deadly.

I'm with you on CJ. If I'm Oakland, I grab CJ and then make a deal with Atlanta for Schaub.

red
02-28-2007, 09:21 AM

I'm with you on CJ. If I'm Oakland, I grab CJ and then make a deal with Atlanta for Schaub.

i said that same exact thing yesterday

draft CJ, trade moss, and use your second round pick, plus the moss pick (maybe another second rounder) to get schaub

that would be a huge improvement for them

i don't think al davis is as smart as us though

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM

i said that same exact thing yesterday

draft CJ, trade moss, and use your second round pick, plus the moss pick (maybe another second rounder) to get schaub

that would be a huge improvement for them

i don't think al davis is as smart as us though

Nope he's not, I think Al has proven his best days are way behind him.

red
02-28-2007, 09:38 AM
ok, i hate to keep screwing up this thread, but we're talking about it in here

i'm watching nfl network, and a couple of things

the falcons did put the highest tag on schaub meaning it would take a 1st and 3rd to get him. if the falcons wanted less, they probably would have put a lower tag on him

second, i just saw a scroll that said adam schefler is reporting that brad johnson and fred smoot will be released by the end of the week

so the schaub to the queens for a 2nd and johnson seems dead, thank god

cheesner
02-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I get to run the draft for Cleveland?

Thats easy. I trade the #3 pick to the Packers for KGB. My first and probably only move as a GM - I suspect I would be fired within minutes before I dealt Cleveland's 2nd and 3rd picks for Packer safety Manuel.

Zool
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
With Johnson in the fold, what a receiving corps they would have. AP would be mighty tough to pass up at this spot though.

Guiness
02-28-2007, 10:20 AM
I think they look long and hard at Quinn - but decide he's a solid guy that would be there for a few years, but not necessarily a franchise guy. Best player left on the board (and maybe the draft) - CJ.

It's a little like NO getting Bush. RB was not a position of need, but he couldn't be passed up. I'm not saying CJ is the talent Bush was, but it's the same sort of idea.

I think Peterson could fall as low as 6th.

red
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
the browns have had a problem recently with their high profile #1 picks having injury problems

they might shy away from peterson and his long list of past injuries

Cheesehead Craig
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
What happens if there is a tie? Coin flip?

Zool
02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Then my vote is the deciding factor. I said it would be Johnson.

superfan
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns pass on Quinn and try to grab homeboy QB Troy Smith in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I vote CJ.

ND72
02-28-2007, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns pass on Quinn and try to grab homeboy QB Troy Smith in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

I vote CJ.

I know Quinn didn't go to OSU, but he is from Ohio....so "homeboy" can be taken a few ways.

ND72
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
wow...three way tie. Can you imagine what the Browns war room will be like if those 3 are all sitting there for them?

Now, on Madden :lol: I'd be making trades with TB and Arizona so i have 3 consecutive picks. :lol:

red
02-28-2007, 05:18 PM
if the raiders make the trade with moss for rodgers then they will take CJ

and we would have to redo this

ND72
02-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I totally agree with that. BUT...as I said in another post, I can totally see this going down on draft day if it does at all.

BF4MVP
02-28-2007, 05:22 PM
A lot of people have been saying that "part of the day" is going to CLE..So I voted for Peterson

red
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I totally agree with that. BUT...as I said in another post, I can totally see this going down on draft day if it does at all.

true, because i can see davis holding out till the last minute trying to get that 1st rounder

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 08:54 PM
The Lions would like to trade down and still draft Thomas but if they do trade down, Thomas won't be around long. The best player in this draft will probably go 4 to the Bucs. CJ is head and shoulders the best player with Thomas #2.

ND72
02-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Here is the kicker with Detroit's "trade" scenerio...they can't trade below #4, cause at #5, Arizona, has already stated they would LOVE Thomas...IF that is who Detroit wants, they don't have many options.

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Agree totally, Thomas would be a great fit in Arizona. If I was Thomas, I'd rather play with Leinart over the Lions QB. :lol:

ND72
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
no kidding

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I picked Quinn. I don't care what happened to Leinart. Quinn is basically Leinart with a better arm. He's not going to drop.

Partial
02-28-2007, 10:04 PM
I don't get how Calvin is going to fall. He is as good a prospect as Reggie Bush after the combine!!!

ND72
02-28-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't get how Calvin is going to fall. He is as good a prospect as Reggie Bush after the combine!!!

Here's how I look at it as of right now....Oakland...they have 2 hot head recievers, they don't have much else, might as well find someone to throw them the ball......Detroit...It's all Millen's fault. They SHOULD take Johnson, but will be gun shy......Cleveland...I think just like this poll is showing, they're going to struggle with their decision. Take the top guy on the board...take the home state QB...or take the tope RB. Romeo loves runners, which is why they probably end up with Peterson. But...ALL of this could be wrong,a nd Johnson goes #1 anyway. I think it is a crap shoot right now.