PDA

View Full Version : Vikings release QB

Brando19
02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports the Minnesota Vikings have released QB Brad Johnson.

This is no big suprise. The Vikings are setting themselves up to take a QB in the draft or trade for Matt Schaub.

Also...the Ravens released RB Jamal Lewis. This is no suprise to me, either. However, I read that the Ravens may re-sign Lewis to a new deal.

red
02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
neither one is a surprise, but what the hell are the queens going to do about a qb?

maybe hope for quinn? maybe go after schaub or jake plummer, or garcia(i can't see that, one old QB for another).

or is tavaris the guy?

rastak?

MTPackerfan
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I believe I read that Giants kicker Jay Feely will be hitting FA. He has been solid in bad conditions. Might be worth a look.

Rastak
02-28-2007, 07:02 PM
neither one is a surprise, but what the hell are the queens going to do about a qb?

maybe hope for quinn? maybe go after schaub or jake plummer, or garcia(i can't see that, one old QB for another).

or is tavaris the guy?

rastak?

Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollingger battling in it out in a winner take all match. Actually, they may draft or trade, who know what goes through the Secret Squirrel's mind.......or Speilman, since the Squirrel has slightly less power now, so I hear.

green_bowl_packer
02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Vikings are a good spot for Garcia since they run the same offense as the Eagles where Childress was the OC.

superfan
02-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Vikings are a good spot for Garcia since they run the same offense as the Eagles where Childress was the OC.

Yes, and Childress has shown on multiple occasions that he loves going back to the well for guys he knows -- traded for WR McMullen and OG Hicks from Philly, and Bevell from his Wisconsin days. I think he has at least one other coach from Wisconsin, too.

He's not the only one, all coaches do this to varying degrees.

I loved Bollinger as a college QB, but if he is the starter on your NFL team, you have issues. If he beats out T. Jackson, that's a bad sign for the Vikings.

HarveyWallbangers
02-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes, and Childress has shown on multiple occasions that he loves going back to the well for guys he knows -- traded for WR McMullen and OG Hicks from Philly, and Bevell from his Wisconsin days.

Except he doesn't know Garcia. He only played in Philly one year.

GBRulz
02-28-2007, 11:50 PM
When they release their head coach, then I might actually be worried of them being any threat in our division :twisted:

superfan
03-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Except he doesn't know Garcia. He only played in Philly one year.

Which is a prime example of why you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. :)

My bad! :oops:

Guiness
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Lewis released? Didn't they release and sign him last year?