PDA

View Full Version : Latest Rumor PFT : Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss?

motife
02-28-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:30 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/feb07/randy27.jpg

red
02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
interesting

truth is rodgers might never see the field as green bays starting QB, and this would get something for him

its interesting, i'm not sure if i would like this or not

sports center will be talking about moos and green bay after PTI

gbpackfan
02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
WOW! I can't imagine this would ever go down. The Packers have invested too much into Rodgers. If, and that is a BIG IF, this did go down, I wouldn't know what to think. I want Moss but A-Rod is suppose to be the future at QB. Then again, I haven't been all that impressed with his play. Then again, I haven't seen him play all that much. AHHHHH!

packrulz
02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't believe it but if it happened I'd be ok with it.

red
02-28-2007, 04:55 PM
this might lock up favre for another year if it went down

i see rodgers as a second round value, and i think that might, might, be a little much for moss. and i can't see how the raiders would think moss is worth a 1st round pick

i guess i might not mind this though

its still very interesting

Charles Woodson
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
WOW! I can't imagine this would ever go down. The Packers have invested too much into Rodgers. If, and that is a BIG IF, this did go down, I wouldn't know what to think. I want Moss but A-Rod is suppose to be the future at QB. Then again, I haven't been all that impressed with his play. Then again, I haven't seen him play all that much. AHHHHH!

what about if this went down and with our secound round we took Drew Stanton. if everything went down like this

Moss for Rodgers

1. Lynch or Nelson or Landry

2. Drew Stanton

hurleyfan
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
It would be interesting in regard to contract $$ / cap hit.. How much is Rogers making?

Moss is over 6 mil/year I think...

One year flyer?

WTF, it won't be the first time there's been a trade for a troubled wide receiver to Green Bay!

red
02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
It would be interesting in regard to contract $$ / cap hit.. How much is Rogers making?

Moss is over 6 mil/year I think...

One year flyer?

WTF, it won't be the first time there's been a trade for a troubled wide receiver to Green Bay!

moss would be 9.75 this year and like 11 next year.

but yesterday it came out that the packers would only be interested in moss if he was willing to restructure the deal. the teams are in talks. and if they're discussing players, then maybe moss agreed to redo his deal

rodgers didn't have a huge contract, so he shouldn't be much of a hit

motife
02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Moss's salary alone is $9 million this year and $11 million next year.

They'd probably want to lengthen the contract and guarantee a lot of that money.

Aaron Rodgers is in his 3rd year of a 5 year contract, isn't he?

red
02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
on sports center any minute now

hurleyfan
02-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Hodge is shooting lots of holes in the idea..

packrulz
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
red,
Rogers really hasn't proven anything yet but Moss has proven himself in the pros a lot already. I like Rogers but Brett needs some help on offense to take the pressure off DD, plus they can get rid of Rogers salary so it will help offset Moss's salary. The Pack would take a cap hit but in the draft TT could focus on other team needs.

red
02-28-2007, 05:08 PM

hodge is a fucking idiot, he says moss never goes accross the middle, then they show 4 straight plays of moss going over the middle

clayton said two things are certain right now

Green bay is interested in moss

and moss has agreed to rework his contract

ND72
02-28-2007, 05:09 PM
first off, I wanna say, I doubt this is going to happen. MOSTLY, because I completely, for the first and only time, agree with Merril Hodge. I think he could be more destructive, than productive for this team.

BUT, I just don't see it happening. Especially for Rodgers and only Rodgers.

IF it does happen, I garuntee you, it won't happen until draft day. And probably, would play out like the Raiders taking Calvin JOhnson...and then in the whatever round compensation we would trade for Moss, all of a sudden OAK pops up instead of GB.

but i just do not see it happening.

BF4MVP
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
hmmm I want to get Moss really bad..I like Rodgers though..Tough call, but I'd probably do it..

packiowa
The Packers have been mentioned along with Beck (BYU). I'd expect the Packers to draft him if Rodgers leaves. He has a cannon and put up some pretty impressive times in the agility drills (3 cone, etc.)

I really don't want to spend a 3rd round pick on qb though.

Zool
I'm not sure that this will happen either, but to say I agree with Merril Hoge on anything isnt something I'm willing to do. That guy is a complete ass hat.

red
02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
red,
Rogers really hasn't proven anything yet but Moss has proven himself in the pros a lot already. I like Rogers but Brett needs some help on offense to take the pressure off DD, plus they can get rid of Rogers salary so it will help offset Moss's salary. The Pack would take a cap hit but in the draft TT could focus on other team needs.

well i said yesterday that i think rodgers is a wasted pick at this point, he probably will never take the field as our starter and he'll leave once he becomes a free agent. so i think rodgers could still turn out to be good, but i don't think its going to happen for us. so i said i would trade rodgers for what we could get and get another future qb

so i have no problem trading rodgers, i'm just thinking it might be too much

maybe if we could get moss and a later round pick for rodgers

hurleyfan
02-28-2007, 05:12 PM

hodge is a fucking idiot, he says moss never goes accross the middle, then they show 4 straight plays of moss going over the middle

"idiot" or not, he makes valid points, and is this the type of character TT wants mixed in with all the "kids" :roll:

Agreeing to rework his contract is a good thing, can he rework his attitude to play EVERY play?

red
02-28-2007, 05:16 PM

"idiot" or not, he makes valid points, and is this the type of character TT wants mixed in with all the "kids" :roll:

Agreeing to rework his contract is a good thing, can he rework his attitude to play EVERY play?

if he reworked his attitude back to the level it was at before he was traded against his will to the worst team in the nfl, then i wouldn't mind

people can become asshole when they are put in situations that they don't want to be in

moss wants to be in green bay

packers11
02-28-2007, 05:17 PM
does this mean if randy comes to GB he can drive a GREEN SUV with his 24' rims... haha

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/apmegasports/cabm10107292309.hmedium.jpg

now picture that in green :)

motife
02-28-2007, 05:19 PM
I doubt Moss would diss Brett Favre like he did Duante Culpepper. The two have been friends for a long time.

If Moss's career was rejuvenated, no move the Packers made would help their offense more, besides getting one of the premier tight ends, like Antonio Gates, Dallas Clark or Tony Gonzales.

BF4MVP
02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Actually, I think a rejuvinated Moss could help us more than any of those guys..

In Minnesota, Moss scored touchdowns like it was nobody's business..We had a lot of trouble doing that last year..

Joemailman
02-28-2007, 05:22 PM
I have mixed feelings about trading for Moss, but if Merril Hoge thinks it's a bad idea, I say go ahead.

red
02-28-2007, 05:24 PM
i agree, moss at 75% of his prime would help us more then any other move we could make

he makes our offense so much better, just by being on the field

i can't stress how much teams had to gear their defenses to just stop moss. it leaves the rest of the filed wide open for everyone else. driver and jennings would have a field day with moss on the other side. the middle would open up with the safeties shading moss's side of the field.

motife
02-28-2007, 05:32 PM
i agree, moss at 75% of his prime would help us more then any other move we could make

i can't stress how much teams had to gear their defenses to just stop moss. it leaves the rest of the filed wide open for everyone else. driver and jennings would have a field day with moss on the other side. the middle would open up with the safeties shading moss's side of the field.

Just one man's opinion, but for any one year, I'd rather have Randy Moss at 75% than Javon Walker at 100%.

BF4MVP
02-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Just one man's opinion, but for any one year, I'd rather have Randy Moss at 75% than Javon Walker at 100%.
I second that.

PackerPro42
02-28-2007, 05:43 PM
I really think Rodgers is going to be good, but there's no doubt that Moss would help the Packers offense immensely. If I was TT I would offer Rodgers and a third for Moss and a Second. Because it sounds to me that Al Davis is in love with Johson and wants to get a solid QB to throw to him.

packers11
02-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I really think Rodgers is going to be good, but there's no doubt that Moss would help the Packers offense immensely. If I was TT I would offer Rodgers and a third for Moss and a Second. Because it sounds to me that Al Davis is in love with Johson and wants to get a solid QB to throw to him.

If it does go through... Poor Rodgers, that O-line is god awful... He thought he got crushed during the pats game??? Hes gunna be running wild...

GBRulz
02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure how I like the idea. I guess I'd be fine if it happened though. Moss would be an immediate contribution vs. Rodgers who is still a big question mark.

The question I have is, would TT give up his 1st round pick...QB of the future?

red
02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
hodge is still an idiot, he's still ignoring that clayton said moss will rework his deal, he still says moss isn't worth it because he makes 10 million

he's still saying all moss can do is be a deep threat, ignoring that fact that THAT is exactly what this team is missing

he also said again that moss would be going back to the division he's played in his whole carrer, and they know how to contain him. WHAT? no one knows how to handle moss. he killed us, the lions suck at everything, and he's never played against the queens, i'm not sure what the bears did, but they sucked bad when he was playing against them all those years

hodge has shit for brains, he has to be one of the dumbest guys on tv

and i agree with whoever said, if hodge says its a horrible move, then i'm all for it

red
02-28-2007, 05:48 PM

now thats not bad

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I'd pitch Rodgers for Moss even up

motife
02-28-2007, 05:51 PM

now thats not bad

even swapping picks 3rd round picks would be interesting. The 1st pick in the 3rd round vs. one in the teens?

swapping 2nd round picks would be almost like getting another 1st.

packers11
02-28-2007, 05:53 PM

now thats not bad

even swapping picks 3rd round picks would be interesting. The 1st pick in the 3rd round vs. one in the teens?

swapping 2nd round picks would be almost like getting another 1st.

Lets all hope Al Davis is as dumb as we think :)

Joemailman
02-28-2007, 05:53 PM
A lot of people will dismiss talk of this trade, but it makes a lot of sense. Lane Kiffin, the Oakland coach, was on the USC coaching staff when Rodgers played at Cal, so he is familiar with Rodgers. From Oakland's perspective, they get a young, but not totally inexperienced quarterback. Since they then wouldn't have to draft a QB, it would free them up to take Calvin Johnson. From the Packer's perspective, they get a big-play wide receiver without using a high draft pick, which allows them to address their other needs at Safety, Tight End and Running Back. And Moss gets what he wants, to get out of Oakland, and the chance to play with a great Quarterback. Potentially, everybody wins. The big loser could be Jamarcus Russell, who likely would no longer be the top pick in the draft. It could cost him a lot of money.

packers11
02-28-2007, 05:55 PM
A lot of people will dismiss talk of this trade, but it makes a lot of sense. Lane Kiffin, the Oakland coach, was on the USC coaching staff when Rodgers played at Cal, so he is familiar with Rodgers. From Oakland's perspective, they get a young, but not totally inexperienced quarterback. Since they then wouldn't have to draft a QB, it would free them up to take Calvin Johnson. From the Packer's perspective, they get a big-play wide receiver without using a high draft pick, which allows them to address their other needs at Safety, Tight End and Running Back. And Moss gets what he wants, to get out of Oakland, and the chance to play with a great Quarterback. Potentially, everybody wins. The big loser could be Jamarcus Russell, who likely would no longer be the top pick in the draft. It could cost him a lot of money.

If the Rodgers trade goes through, maybe they trade down to pick up more spots... They have a ton of holes to fill... Russell might end up in Detroit??? I'm sure if he was there, they would take him...

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Yes it makes sense

which is why it prolly why it won't happen

it'd be too good to be true

CaptainKickass
02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Didn't the Pack do pretty well "grooming" quarterbacks behind Favre in the past? I seem to recall that as a topic here a while back. With MM's background as a QB "developer" I think it's a nice moonlighting scenario and potentially the last time GB will be able to capitalize on "Developed behind Favre"

The Captain

packers11
02-28-2007, 06:01 PM
a little off topic, but if... big IF... the packer did acquire randy moss, would they draft a wr at all???

Your thoughts??? (sorry if a little off topic, just a bit curious)

Joemailman
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Probably wouldn't draft one in the 1st 2 rounds. They might look for one later who is a kick returner.

ND72
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
I'd have to say no. We'd go into camp with Driver, Moss, Jennings, Martin, and then K-Rob comes back October(ish)...Carlyle Holiday seemed to fit pretty well with Brett, keep him around until K-Rob comes back, or keep 6 on your roster.

motife
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
a little off topic, but if... big IF... the packer did acquire randy moss, would they draft a wr at all???

Your thoughts??? (sorry if a little off topic, just a bit curious)

TT claims to be a robot on "best player available". He said if it's an offensive lineman this year with the 1st pick, he'll pick an offensive lineman. Wide Receiver is a DEEP area in the draft.

Randy Moss, Donald Driver, and Greg Jennings would be an awesome threesome.

Ruvell Martin and especially Carlyle Holiday really wowed me in the last couple games.

If they could draft or sign a veteran TE with some seperation or speed, and signed Ahman Green, I'd think the only question remaining on offense would be coaching/play calling in the redzone. What's up with that MM?

I would not overlook the effect signing Moss might have on Favre's sense of indominability, his "I can't lose" mentality, which he's had his whole career, including games against Florida St. and Alabama in college.

I agree with red that offenses would be forced to adjust to Moss's speed, size, and leaping ability all the time.

Signing a safety like Ken Hamlin on top of all this would be gold.

HarveyWallbangers
02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd have to say no. We'd go into camp with Driver, Moss, Jennings, Martin, and then K-Rob comes back October(ish)...Carlyle Holiday seemed to fit pretty well with Brett, keep him around until K-Rob comes back, or keep 6 on your roster.

I don't think they can even remotely count on Robinson.

Charles Woodson
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM

when can we dump robinson??

motife
02-28-2007, 06:26 PM

when can we dump robinson??

Even if Koren Robinson did nothing but return kicks, he'd be a tremendous asset.

I'd bring him back even in mid-season just as a kick return guy. He's very good at it.

Packnut
02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Here is our best case scenario- trade Rodgers for Moss straight up (assuming Randy will re-work his deal), then sign Schaub after he becomes a FA a year from now.

ND72
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Atlanta won't let Schuab go without compensation...and right now they're asking for 1st/2nd rounders for him...imagine next year after Vick fails again...

Packnut
02-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Atlanta won't let Schuab go without compensation...and right now they're asking for 1st/2nd rounders for him...imagine next year after Vick fails again...

Yep, no one is gonna give the Falcons what they want which is why he will be a FA after the 2007 season. I'm not sure anyone in that organization has the guts to bench Vick for Schaub.

ND72
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
he won't be a FA...they'll put a tag of some kind on him so they recieve something in return. I'd bank on that.

falco
02-28-2007, 06:40 PM
he won't be a FA...they'll put a tag of some kind on him so they recieve something in return. I'd bank on that.

The tags are incredibly expensive for a QB. Unless they are planning on him starting, I can't see them putting a tag on him.

ND72
02-28-2007, 06:43 PM
now see if you read my first post about it, I said when Vick fails again...if Vick fails again, he won't be back as a falcon.

Rastak
02-28-2007, 06:59 PM

if he reworked his attitude back to the level it was at before he was traded against his will to the worst team in the nfl, then i wouldn't mind

people can become asshole when they are put in situations that they don't want to be in

You gotta be shitting me, he walked off the field with the game on the line as almost his last official act with the Vikings. That was BEFORE he was traded. In fact, it most likely was the last straw.

SD GB fan
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
it wud be too bad that we wud nvr see how rodgers would do in place of favre, but id support this move. in the short term, moss would make a big impact whereas rodgers would be on the bench. in the long term, the only bad loss is if rodgers turns out to an all-pro. but with favre back this year and maybe even next year, there will be plenty of time to find a replacement for rodgers. hell, ingle martin may have already stepped up by then.

red
02-28-2007, 07:43 PM

You gotta be shitting me, he walked off the field with the game on the line as almost his last official act with the Vikings. That was BEFORE he was traded. In fact, it most likely was the last straw.

his team played like shit against a horrible team in a must win game. there was 2 seconds left on the clock. even if they did recover the onside kick they would have run out of time and lost.

i can't sit here and rip on him for that, i despise losing too, and i've done worse a lot more times then he has. i'm not a good sport and hate losing. so i won't bash him for doing the same thing i could see myself doing in that situation

i can relate to him in that situation, sorry, but i can.. so i can see why he did that

Rastak
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM

his team played like shit against a horrible team in a must win game. there was 2 seconds left on the clock. even if they did recover the onside kick they would have run out of time and lost.

i can't sit here and rip on him for that, i despise losing too, and i've done worse a lot more times then he has. i'm not a good sport and hate losing. so i won't bash him for doing the same thing i could see myself doing in that situation

i can relate to him in that situation, sorry, but i can.. so i can see why he did that

So if Green Bay plays like shit in a must win game it's okay to just leave and say the hell with it?

Cmon Red, be real. Maybe things will be different in GB. Who knows.....but don't ever try and excuse at least that one incident. It can't be.

Most of his other stuff isn't that big a deal.

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
If Moss is a Packer, I'm 100% behind him.

falco
02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Cmon Red, be real. Maybe things will be different in GB. Who knows.....but don't ever try and excuse at least that one incident. It can't be.

Most of his other stuff isn't that big a deal.

I agree with you Rastak. I'm all for Moss coming to the packers; if anything it will make this an exciting season. But anyone trying to excuse him walking off the team isn't seeing clearly; if that had been a packer, the people on this board would be burning him in effigy.

EDIT: Especially if there is playoff implications.

motife
02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
the greatest show on tundra.

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Anythink he did in other citys will be forgotten by me. If he's not a Packer then he's a bad apple. If we get him then all is forgotten.

He'd immediately step in as our best player.

ND72
02-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Anythink he did in other citys will be forgotten by me. If he's not a Packer then he's a bad apple. If we get him then all is forgotten.

Are you talking about Randy Moss? CAuse in NO way does he step in as our best player. I'd even question if he'd be our best Reciever.

Scott Campbell
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
The Packers have been mentioned along with Beck (BYU). I'd expect the Packers to draft him if Rodgers leaves. He has a cannon and put up some pretty impressive times in the agility drills (3 cone, etc.)

John Beck sucks. He's not a leader.

gbgary
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
i can't believe what i'm reading tonight. i've been so absorbed with buying a new corvette that i have missed all of this "news" of the last week. moss...........a Packer. god help us. i hoped he would fade away, a forgotten player, a bench warmer, on a terrible team in oakland. someone a few posts ago questioned if koren robinson could ever be counted on. i think HE could be counted on a lot more than moss. robinson has something to play for, he's desperate, he's got something to prove. moss has always been about moss. if we take him on and it works i'll admit i'm wrong...but i don't believe i'll be saying anything except " i told you so!" moss should be left alone to torment al davis and the raider nation.

THIS....IS UNTHINKABLE

BallHawk
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Are you talking about Randy Moss? CAuse in NO way does he step in as our best player. I'd even question if he'd be our best Reciever.

I would say, without question, that Driver is our best receiver.

digitaldean
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
There isn't enough scotch to make me forgot a Randy Moss trade to the Packers.

Million dollar talent, 50 cent brain.

Very skeptical that IF (and that's a big IF) Moss comes here, he'll be squeaky win OR lose. It's easy if he gets the most TDs and we're winning.

I just see him reverting to a T.O.-type of attitude if things go bad. That's the last thing we need on a young, up and coming team.

Spaulding
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Moss in my opinion is nowhere near the cancer that TO is. The biggest knock on Randy all boils down to maturity.

Living in Minnesota (Rastak correct me if I'm wrong) but Randy only had minor incidents off the field with the biggest being his vehicle bumping into a rent a cop on a corner. The stories of him being a doper don't come up anymore and he's no weedius Hunt. Seems to boil down to him still being a kid which in my eyes is much more tolerable than the TO's, Ray Lewis, Pacmans, etc. Hard core drugs and physical abuse (assault) rate much worse.

His leaving the field early although not acceptible, given it was 2 seconds early I'm not one to get up in arms again. It's his taking plays off that bothers me.

Rodgers although unproven is too expensive for renting Randy for a few years as I view him worth more than a 3rd round pick.

I'd love to see the Pack offer the Raiders a backup lineman (Coston?) and a 4th or Fergie and a 3rd but can't see the Raiders taking that after giving up the 7th overall choice and Harris for Moss. Somebody will offer more and thankfully I don't see Thompson giving his draft picks away like candy.

I believe it will be Leftwich and a draft pick for Moss.

Rastak
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Moss in my opinion is nowhere near the cancer that TO is. The biggest knock on Randy all boils down to maturity.

Living in Minnesota (Rastak correct me if I'm wrong) but Randy only had minor incidents off the field with the biggest being his vehicle bumping into a rent a cop on a corner. The stories of him being a doper don't come up anymore and he's no weedius Hunt. Seems to boil down to him still being a kid which in my eyes is much more tolerable than the TO's, Ray Lewis, Pacmans, etc. Hard core drugs and physical abuse (assault) rate much worse.

His leaving the field early although not acceptible, given it was 2 seconds early I'm not one to get up in arms again. It's his taking plays off that bothers me.

Rodgers although unproven is too expensive for renting Randy for a few years as I view him worth more than a 3rd round pick.

I'd love to see the Pack offer the Raiders a backup lineman (Coston?) and a 4th or Fergie and a 3rd but can't see the Raiders taking that after giving up the 7th overall choice and Harris for Moss. Somebody will offer more and thankfully I don't see Thompson giving his draft picks away like candy.

I believe it will be Leftwich and a draft pick for Moss.

Bojangles, you summed it up pretty well. He isn't a cancer per se.....but on the field he's a mixed bag.

BlueBrewer
03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
i can't believe what i'm reading tonight. i've been so absorbed with buying a new corvette that i have missed all of this "news" of the last week. moss...........a Packer. god help us. i hoped he would fade away, a forgotten player, a bench warmer, on a terrible team in oakland. someone a few posts ago questioned if koren robinson could ever be counted on. i think HE could be counted on a lot more than moss. robinson has something to play for, he's desperate, he's got something to prove. moss has always been about moss. if we take him on and it works i'll admit i'm wrong...but i don't believe i'll be saying anything except " i told you so!" moss should be left alone to torment al davis and the raider nation.

THIS....IS UNTHINKABLE\
Nice subtlety dropping that into a thread. :oops:

gbgary
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Nice subtlety dropping that into a thread. :oops:

i tried NOT to add that by i couldn't help myself. :D

green_bowl_packer
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
The plot thickens - the Pats now seem to be in the mix per PFT.com

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PATS LURKING FOR MOSS?

At a time when the signs are pointing to the Raiders dealing receiver Randy Moss to the Packers, sources close to Moss say that another team quietly in the mix is the New England Patriots.

The Pats were rumored to be interested in Moss during the 2006 season, as the trading deadline approached.

The other team that also continues to be mentioned as a potential destination for Moss is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The biggest impediment to a deal is a contract that is scheduled to pay Moss $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. It's tough to commit that kind of money to a guy who has disappeared over the past year or so.[/url]

Edit: Sorry didn't see this posted in the other thread, I was busy waxing my Porsche ; )

Brando19
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
The Patriots are somewhat intersted, but not as much as the Jaguars and Packers. I say sign the guy, give him a chance. You never know if he'll help get this team to a Super Bowl and if he causes trouble...trade him! I know it's not that easy, but give him a chance.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM

John Beck sucks. He's not a leader.

Yes, he still sucks.

RashanGary
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Welcome back, SC. Your dry humor was missed.

falco
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
ah, i see that the new owner has arrived

Fritz
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Scott!!!!!

The new owner? What do you prefer to be called?

Your high-ness? Your worshipful? Your Royal Pain?

Welcome back.

CaliforniaCheez
04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
At the time I screamed in a few threads that it not only was a bad idea but a hoax. A Bus Cook hoax.

I told everyone that Randy Moss was the worst cancer on the Raiders team. He singlehandly lost games for them. He is a wimp that will not go over the middle and refused to run a lot of routes he was supposed to run.

He put severe damage in Andrew Walter's career.

Some of you are so brainwashed by the media you actually could believe Ted Thompson would take some evil rotten sh_t bird like Randy Moss onto the team!!

Almost none of you saw the Randy Moss disaster in Oakland. Did you not here the Raider fans cheering when his worthless carcass was thrown out of Oakland?!!!

I'd rather have Ahmad Carroll than Randy Moss stench befouling the Packer locker room.

I was over it and now my blood is boiling again.

Listen to these treasonous moonforgivers and apologists:

Here is our best case scenario- trade Rodgers for Moss straight up (assuming Randy will re-work his deal), then sign Schaub after he becomes a FA a year from now.

I'd pitch Rodgers for Moss even up

hmmm I want to get Moss really bad..I like Rodgers though..Tough call, but I'd probably do it..

I really think Rodgers is going to be good, but there's no doubt that Moss would help the Packers offense immensely. If I was TT I would offer Rodgers and a third for Moss and a Second.

Actually, I think Moss could help us more than any of those guys..
In Minnesota, Moss scored touchdowns like it was nobody's business..We had a lot of trouble doing that last year..

Yes it makes sense.

I've got you marked down. Your lack of trust in Ted Thompson is shameful.

BF4MVP
04-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Wow, I can't believe I actually said that. I'm an idiot.

Joemailman
04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
You're older, and I trust, wiser now. :D

red
04-27-2009, 09:10 PM
its amazing what a year or two will do

i don't know if there's a single packer fan out there that would think thats a good idea now

MJZiggy
04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Cali, I'd like to take a moment to note the noteworthy absence of support for this idea from any posters named ziggy...

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-27-2009, 09:16 PM
No way for Rodgers, but I would still have traded for him though.

Gunakor
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM

Wow. Looking at this in hindsight... :shock: :(

8-)

KYPack
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
That is one God-Awful bump.

Zool
04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Best bump of the year candidate.

Guiness
04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
TT claims to be a robot on "best player available". He said if it's an offensive lineman this year with the 1st pick, he'll pick an offensive lineman. Wide Receiver is a DEEP area in the draft.

Randy Moss, Donald Driver, and Greg Jennings would be an awesome threesome.

Ruvell Martin and especially Carlyle Holiday really wowed me in the last couple games.

If they could draft or sign a veteran TE with some seperation or speed, and signed Ahman Green, I'd think the only question remaining on offense would be coaching/play calling in the redzone. What's up with that MM?

I would not overlook the effect signing Moss might have on Favre's sense of indominability, his "I can't lose" mentality, which he's had his whole career, including games against Florida St. and Alabama in college.

I agree with red that offenses would be forced to adjust to Moss's speed, size, and leaping ability all the time.

Signing a safety like Ken Hamlin on top of all this would be gold.

This is my favorite post in this thread.

Motife, you've had some good posts, but looking back, I have to wonder if you said a lot of this sarcastically?

Ken Hamlin? *phew* dodged that one. Green...well. And where is Carlyle, anyways?

:D

Partial
04-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Going back in time pre-2007, would you make the trade?

I'm not sure whether I would or not. If it got us a super bowl, without a doubt I would. If it didn't, I wouldn't. Impossible to predict.

I think there is a good chance we would have been disgustingly good with Moss.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I had the most fun ever watching football this year. I just wish it could have ended with a title.

channtheman
04-28-2009, 01:03 AM
I always read these old topics and think "WTF that is just crazy." Then I click on the link and go "Oh... :oops: "

Scott Campbell
04-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Welcome back, SC. Your dry humor was missed.

Howdy JH!

I've enjoyed your stuff in my absence. I've been able to read in here, so keep up the good work.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Scott!!!!!

The new owner? What do you prefer to be called?

Your high-ness? Your worshipful? Your Royal Pain?

Welcome back.

Just keep calling me douchebag. I like it.

I'm not the owner of anything. Heck, I don't even have a fully functional account.