PDA

View Full Version : MOSS RUMOR - NEW! BREAKING NEWS!!!!

gbpackfan
02-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Okay, the title is a little over the top, I agree. However, I did find a new rumor about the Moss trade. I got if off the Raiders Report chat room.

KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

I think this is as good as it gets in terms of getting Randy outta here. I say take the deal and help the Packers negotiate if you need to.

What do you think?

Scott Campbell
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I think our 2nd is way too high for such a question mark.

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Sounds good to me. I'd hate to give up a 2nd but then again, Moss is a year older than Walker and a better player so it would certainly make up for the Walker fiasco.

Charles Woodson
02-28-2007, 07:46 PM
holy shit im excited

ND72
02-28-2007, 07:47 PM
holy shit I hope it's not true.

GoPackGo
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM

2nd that

red
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
this would be awesome

everyone fan out and search the net for more news

i would expect that if TT does send our 2nd that he would somehow pick up another 2nd round pick from somewhere (trade down, player trade, etc)

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
As long as the other pick is no higher than a 4th.

oregonpackfan
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM

I would be very upset if the rumored trade goes through. Giving up two high draft picks for a very questionable character is too much.

The contract needs to have behavior clauses written into it. This should include negating the draft picks if Moss plays little due to poor production/behavior.

red
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM

I would be very upset if the rumored trade goes through. Giving up two high draft picks for a very questionable character is too much.

The contract needs to have behavior clauses written into it. This should include negating the draft picks if Moss plays little due to poor production/behavior.

TT's no idiot, and he values his draft picks more then any of us do.

i don't think he would trade anything that people on here would consider to be too much

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:02 PM

He isn't really a bad guy. He's pretty well liked by his teammates and his scrapes with the law were pretty minor. The issue as I see it, is he's injury prone now. Isn't as fast as he was and he marches to the beat of his own drummer. He really does play when he wants and if he feels slighted dogs it. That was okay when he was the best reciever in the NFL but now he can;t afford to do that.

I'm sure you guys will be happy and excited to get a guy you liked and admired all these years....

LOL...I gotta dig into the JSO archives if this goes down..... :twisted:

packers11
02-28-2007, 08:03 PM

He isn't really a bad guy. He's pretty well liked by his teammates and his scrapes with the law were pretty minor. The issue as I see it, is he's injury prone now. Isn't as fast as he was and he marches to the beat of his own drummer. He really does play when he wants and if he feels slighted dogs it. That was okay when he was the best reciever in the NFL but now he can;t afford to do that.

I'm sure you guys will be happy and excited to get a guy you liked and admired all these years....

please Rastak... You did it with former packer players (along with all other viking fans)... Darren Sharper, Longwell...

You hate to play against good players, but once they are on your team its all good... So don't play that game...

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM

please Rastak... You did it with former packer players (along with all other viking fans)... Darren Sharper, Longwell...

You hate to play against good players, but once they are on your team its all good... So don't play that game...

Show me posts where I bad mouthed either of those guys? Actually, there are Packer players I like and respect. William Henderson for example. I thought Sterling Sharpe was a great reciever...(kind of a dope in real life however). Show me one example of me bad mouthing a guy then saying he's a wonderful guy?

(Truth be told, I did call Sharper an idiot for running back a pick with zero on the clock, he seems to have corrected that since he dove to the ground last year)

swede
02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
This can not be true. I hope to God these Moss threads have all been a huge fricking waste of pixels.

He's old, he's injury prone, and he quits on his teammates.

TO to Dallas made a lot more sense and look how that turned out.

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Packers11, what you say is true overall by the way. It happens all over the NFL but it's still funny as hell when it happens.

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Moss :twisted:

That's all I've got to say.

:twisted:

He better moon the Queens on his first TD catch. That would be the exclaimation point on the whole trade.

packers11
Packers11, what you say is true overall by the way. It happens all over the NFL but it's still funny as hell when it happens.

no doubt... I do it myself ill admit... (Except for T.O) I cant stand him... But I didn't know if you said something but most fans do... Its the way it is in the sports world :lol:

RashanGary

packers11
02-28-2007, 08:11 PM

He better moon the Queens on his first TD catch. That would be the exclaimation point on the whole trade.

that would be pretty funny... but i'm sure "robo ted" would get pretty angry :D

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Out of curiosity, if the trade falls though is he still a great guy?

BallHawk
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
He'll have his critics, that's for sure. However, I believe he will realize that he is in the twilight of his career and he needs to play hard while he has the chance. However, T.O. was supposed to work out well in Dallas because of Parcells' discipline, so you never know.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Is it time for TT to go try and get a title ?

Moss was never a great guy Ras; but we forgive easy.

I have heard nothing of this; could somebody plz post a news source or list who is reporting this ??

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Is it time for TT to go try and get a title ?

Moss was never a great guy Ras; but we forgive easy.

I have heard nothing of this; could somebody plz post a news source or list who is reporting this ??

One of the more exciteable members got it from a chat room I believe he said.

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 08:16 PM

No, if it falls through he's a guy who didn't work hard enough, never appreciated the game and an arrogant prick for the most part.

If it goes through, all is forgotten.

:twisted: It just feels so evil that it has to be right.

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM

No, if it falls through he's a guy who didn't work hard enough, never appreciated the game and an arrogant prick for the most part.

I do appreceate the honesty.....LOL.....

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Moss, Driver and Jennings would be the best WR trio in the game. Bar none.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 08:19 PM

I do appreceate the honesty.....LOL.....

And Brooks Bollinger's still a good man, even though he's a Viking :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
02-28-2007, 08:19 PM
So, people are getting hyped because the Raiders version of Arrigo posted it?

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 08:20 PM

Has the ESPN rumormill of John Clayton reported it ?

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Then we draft Marshawn Lynch in the first round.

Driver
Jennings

Clifton
Colledge
Wells Favre Lynch
Spitz
Tauscher

Moss

Hows that?

red
02-28-2007, 08:23 PM

i think it was a tv or radio station that came up with it.

its in the first post

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Honestly, I think that borders on being as good as the dominate offenses of 2002, 2003 and 2004.

I think our defense is alot better now then they were then. Honestly in the JV Conference I think we could be in the SB right now.

falco
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Honestly, I think that borders on being as good as the dominate offenses of 2002, 2003 and 2004.

I think our defense is alot better now then they were then. Honestly in the JV Conference I think we could be in the SB right now.

this is too good. i need to get some popcorn

gbpackfan
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM

I just posted a RUMOR. If they are out there and I find them, I post them. I like reading the rumors but I know most of them will never come true or were always BS to begin with. Either way, rumors rock!

Rastak
02-28-2007, 08:31 PM

I just posted a RUMOR. If they are out there and I find them, I post them. I like reading the rumors but I know most of them will never come true or were always BS to begin with. Either way, rumors rock!

This time of year they are as good a bit of entertainment as we can get.

Soon enough real stuff will start happening....

red
02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
raiders fans are screwed in the head

raider idiot- "i bet we get rodgers, their first round pick, and kgb"

raider idiot 2- "i bet we get rodgers their 1st and jason slitz"

raider idiot 3- "no way they'll never gve up that much, i'd be happy with just their first and rodgers"

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Charles Woodson

this is too good. i need to get some popcorn

Haha Greg i think your getting a tad excited, i think that if we get moss and have a great draft/FA's then maybe SB but i think thats over shooting it alot still

The Shadow
This has the feel of an almost exact opposite Reggie White deal -with the same goal :rise quickly into true contender class via the bold move

White : good guy/minister (albeit not always overly smart)
Moss : Aleister Crowley in cleats

White : defensive difference maker
Moss : offensive difference maker

White : God told me to
Moss : the Devil made me do it

White : leader
Moss : loner!

gbpackfan
02-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Red,

HA HA HA. I love how you named them Raider Idiot 1, 2 and 3. Funny.

Charles Woodson
02-28-2007, 08:35 PM
White : leader
Moss : loner!

Moss : Mooner!

But i still like this trade

Scott Campbell
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM

raider idiot 3- "no way they'll never gve up that much, i'd be happy with just their first and rodgers"

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Now that is funny.

green_bowl_packer
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I checked out a Raider's fan site and learned 3 things. 1. They hate Moss. 2. They hate Aaron Rodgers about as much. 3. They are very greedy when it comes to this trade. They actually think Moss and their 3rd, for Rodgers and the 16th, is a fair trade. Or Moss for our 2nd and 3rd. Some of these people are lunatics!!! If that was the trade I'd be pissed. He's supposed to be icing on the cake, not a second mortgage. If that's what they want, let him rot over there.

It's actually interesting to the dynamics on another teams site.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96627

edit:
subsequently sees Red has done the same. oops

red
02-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I checked out a Raider's fan site and learned 3 things. 1. They hate Moss. 2. They hate Aaron Rodgers about as much. 3. They are very greedy when it comes to this trade. They actually think Moss and their 3rd, for Rodgers and the 16th, is a fair trade. Or Moss for our 2nd and 3rd. Some of these people are lunatics!!! If that was the trade I'd be pissed. He's supposed to be icing on the cake, not a second mortgage.

thats the same site i was looking at LOL

those people are idiots

Scott Campbell
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Our first, Rodgers, Slitz, and the Lombardi trophy from Superbowl II.

Charles Woodson
02-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Just saw that too..

Rogers is a Chico boy and is a local celebrity....I would have to say no though..Give us a first day pick GB..greedy bastards...

red
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Our first, Rodgers, Slitz, and the Lombardi trophy from Superbowl II.

lol

for moss and their 7th

they don't know their owner is dead and stuffed. they think he's a wheeler and dealer thats gonna take us to the bank

red
02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
after looking at that raider site, i am so glad we don't have insane av's and banners like they allow.

you can't even find the posts

packers11
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
after looking at that raider site, i am so glad we don't have insane av's and banners like they allow.

you can't even find the posts

seriously... its so chaotic....

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't do this deal but I'd be willing to give up our 3 and a WR or trade ARod for Moss without any picks being traded.

esoxx
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I think our 2nd is way too high for such a question mark.

I agree. If TT parts with a 2nd I'll bet he'd have a 5th or a 6th round pick coming back with Moss. No way is he going to get shorted on draft picks.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't do this deal but I'd be willing to give up our 3 and a WR or trade ARod for Moss without any picks being traded.

AARON RODGERS AND ROBERT FURGUSON FOR RANDY MOSS

TO TT I'D SAY

:glug: :glug: :glug: :thank: :thank: :thank: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Charles Woodson
02-28-2007, 09:07 PM
But if we trade A-rod would we draft drew Stanton with our 2nd?

wist43
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't want Moss under any cirmcumstances... no compensation, no salary - I still wouldn't want him.

SkinBasket
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't want Moss under any cirmcumstances... no compensation, no salary - I still wouldn't want him.

I'd take Moss for out entire draft and a billion dollar cap number for 2007.

Seriously though, I'd send a second. What are the chances of getting a WR in the second round that will EVER play to the slightly lower level Moss is at from his career high? It's not high. Guess what? Even with Favre and Moss and an improved D, our chances at the SB are not real high. But after Favre leaves our chances will be ZERO. Take the chance now and bring in some red zone help.

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I have a hard time believing TT would give up a high draft pick for a ? May-be a 3 but he'd be an idiot to trade our #2. Moss is on the down-side of his career and anyone who thinks this guy is better than Walker need's a mental evaluation and a reality check. Yeah, Randy has put up some awsome #'s the last few years has'nt he?

Oh yeah, that's right, he was'nt happy......... :P :P :P :P

green_bowl_packer
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I've heard that TT likes John Beck from BYU who could be had much later, maybe 4th or 5th round. The Pack goes for him, and TT can continue to fill holes (RB, S, TE, WR, or CB) in rounds 1 thru 4.

After the last two drafts, last years especially I'd like to see TT work the draft with a full slate of picks and see what he can do, cause I think he can get some players that can help us in rds 1-3.

I'd rather go the A-Rod/Fergie route on this, and maybe throw in Kevin Barry too. That way you have three players who haven't done anything for us in two years out the door.

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I've heard that TT likes John Beck from BYU who could be had much later, maybe 4th or 5th round. The Pack goes for him, and TT can continue to fill holes (RB, S, TE, WR, or CB) in rounds 1 thru 4.

After the last two drafts, last years especially I'd like to see TT work the draft with a full slate of picks and see what he can do, cause I think he can get some players that can help us in rds 1-3.

I'd rather go the A-Rod/Fergie route on this, and maybe throw in Kevin Barry too. That way you have three players who haven't done anything for us in two years out the door.

Yep, this draft is very deep which makes a second round pick more valuable than in previous years.

RashanGary
02-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I have a hard time believing TT would give up a high draft pick for a ? May-be a 3 but he'd be an idiot to trade our #2. Moss is on the down-side of his career and anyone who thinks this guy is better than Walker need's a mental evaluation and a reality check. Yeah, Randy has put up some awsome #'s the last few years has'nt he?

Walker 29, Moss 30

Moss great career
Walker 1 great year and 2 good ones.

No comparison. Moss is better.

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Walker 29, Moss 30

Moss great career
Walker 1 great year and 2 good ones.

No comparison. Moss is better.

In your freaking dreams

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
By the way, Walker was born in Oct of 78 which even with my pathetic math skills makes him 28 not 29. Also, I never heard ANYONE accuse Walker of taking plays off. Also what has been so great about the last 2 or 3 yrs of his career? Any #'s to back that up?

b bulldog
02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Moss is very,very talented and IF HE CAN GIVE 100%, he is a HOF talent, no question. The question is, will he give his all!

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Moss is viewed by many in the league as a declining player, having turned 30 earlier in the month and coming off his poorest season. And with new NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell gung-ho about cracking down on poor behavior by players, some teams say they wouldn't touch Moss.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=571398

I think I'll go with the view that "many in the league" have.

green_bowl_packer
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I checked out a Raider's fan site and learned 3 things. 1. They hate Moss. 2. They hate Aaron Rodgers about as much. 3. They are very greedy when it comes to this trade. They actually think Moss and their 3rd, for Rodgers and the 16th, is a fair trade. Or Moss for our 2nd and 3rd. Some of these people are lunatics!!! If that was the trade I'd be pissed. He's supposed to be icing on the cake, not a second mortgage.

Packnut
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
From Clayton's blog today:

Homebody? Here's the problem with a Randy Moss trade. If the Packers only offer a third, Al Davis would be embarrassed to get such little value because all he will be doing is moving Moss' $10 million salary and not getting value. The Packers can't offer more than a third because Moss does take plays off and that's a bad example for their young players and for a young team. The only way the Packers or the Patriots for that matter can get him is if Davis gives him away, which is unlikely.

HarveyWallbangers
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM

I'm not bustin' your balls for posting this, but people bordered on being hysterical for a minute.
:D

VegasPackFan
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
You guys are forgetting that Favre's favorite pass play is the "throw the ball deep and let the receiver jumpball for it". Now who is maybe the best receiver all time at completeing that play? Moss.

Walker was pretty good at it too, but Moss is the best ever at that one. So you put these two together and it will be schoolyard all year, but I dont think anyone will be able to stop it.

CaptainKickass
02-28-2007, 10:09 PM
who is maybe the best receiver all time at completeing that play? Moss.

Walker was pretty good at it too, but Moss is the best ever at that one. So you put these two together and it will be schoolyard all year, but I dont think anyone will be able to stop it.

Furthermore - it doesn't need to happen with great frequency. Just enough to scare the opposing defensive co-ordinator into having to plan for it - period.

packiowa
02-28-2007, 10:16 PM
You guys are forgetting that Favre's favorite pass play is the "throw the ball deep and let the receiver jumpball for it". Now who is maybe the best receiver all time at completeing that play? Moss.

I don't think Favre have always done that. It really started with Walker and once Walker went down he kept doing it, with bad results. Ferguson is okay at the jump ball and Driver isn't great at it. MM made him stop this year but he'd surely pull it out again if Moss were 30 yards downfield with one man to beat.

CaptainKickass
02-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't think Favre have always done that. It really started with Walker and once Walker went down he kept doing it, with bad results. Ferguson is okay at the jump ball and Driver isn't great at it. MM made him stop this year but he'd surely pull it out again if Moss were 30 yards downfield with one man to beat.

Dude - ever see highlights of Sterling Sharpe?

I call BS

superfan
02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Not sure I like Moss for a 2nd round pick. I'm okay with the third and throwing something else into the mix. Or if Oakland also includes a 5th or 6th with Moss for our 2nd - another pick that Thompson could put to good use.

My expectation of Moss is something better than Terry Glenn's production with more distractions. I'm not expecting him to immediately supplant Driver as the #1 producing WR. I just don't think he's the same player as he was before his injury.

Also, I only see him maintaining decent production for 2-3 seasons or so. There are a number of good WRs available in the early rounds who are capable of contributing over the next 3-5 years.

However, I do think that his presence on the field will help in other areas -- opening up the running game, and creating more opportunities for Driver and Jennings. And he certainly adds a lot of entertainment value.

If nothing else, having him on the roster might distract the reporters from asking all of those "When is Brett going to retire?" questions...

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm with Greg Jennings, you know how asosome we would be. You can call me a homer if you like but with

Moss, Driver, Jennings
Clifton, Taucsher
Splitz, College
Wells
Favre
Lynch, Green

you can't say its not possible that we make it to the super bowl. Who would have a better offense then that in the NFC. Our defense should be in the top half of the league this year as well.

OS PA
03-01-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm with Greg Jennings, you know how asosome we would be. You can call me a homer if you like but with

Moss, Driver, Jennings
Clifton, Taucsher
Splitz, College
Wells
Favre
Lynch, Green

you can't say its not possible that we make it to the super bowl. Who would have a better offense then that in the NFC. Our defense should be in the top half of the league this year as well.

Driver, Moss, Jennings, Robinson
Cliftion, Tauscher
Spitz, Colledge,
Wells,
Favre,
Green, Lynch

CaliforniaCheez
03-01-2007, 03:21 AM
If you check what the Raider fans are saying
(one example is http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=66#S=66&F=1887&T=172700&FIX=1&FIX=1)

It is almost universal that they are happy to get anything for Moss and want him gone as a worthless player. I have seen him play in the last 2 years and agree. Those of you who have not seen him play lately really are uninformed on Moss.

It seems Packer fans are remembering the Moss of yesteryear and might actually want to give away draft picks/Aaron Rodgers for Moss.

If it was an even up trade of one worthless player for another(Moss for Rodgers) there is still the salary cap disparity.

If this goes through as draft picks for Moss it will rival the Jon Hadl trade for one of the worst in franchise history.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-01-2007, 07:24 AM
If you check what the Raider fans are saying
(one example is http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=66#S=66&F=1887&T=172700&FIX=1&FIX=1)

It is almost universal that they are happy to get anything for Moss and want him gone as a worthless player. I have seen him play in the last 2 years and agree. Those of you who have not seen him play lately really are uninformed on Moss.

It seems Packer fans are remembering the Moss of yesteryear and might actually want to give away draft picks/Aaron Rodgers for Moss.

If it was an even up trade of one worthless player for another(Moss for Rodgers) there is still the salary cap disparity.

If this goes through as draft picks for Moss it will rival the Jon Hadl trade for one of the worst in franchise history.

The guy has had ONE, just ONE bad year. A year in which he obviously didn’t try. His first year in Raider land he got 13 tds and over 1000 yards with a nasty ass QB. Last year he was on the worst offense in the league, missed a couple games, and said him self he wasn’t trying, that’s why his numbers were down. If you really want to believe that one of the most athletic WRS and one of the greatest WRs in history his lost his ability in one season then go right ahead, but you will just be another one who changes there mind after we start kicking ass.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Also I cant see how people can be worried about him losing his ability when no one is worried about 32 year old Driver losing his. Moss is ten times the athlete that Diver is and is two years younger.

esoxx
03-01-2007, 07:30 AM

Not even close. Even if Moss got hurt and played 0 downs it wouldn't come close to that trade.

Two 1's, two 2's and a 3 for a 34 yr old QB? (or any player for that matter).

or

one 2nd round pick?

Hmmm, that is a tough one.

red
03-01-2007, 07:43 AM
By the way, Walker was born in Oct of 78 which even with my pathetic math skills makes him 28 not 29. Also, I never heard ANYONE accuse Walker of taking plays off. Also what has been so great about the last 2 or 3 yrs of his career? Any #'s to back that up?

no, walker just faked a season ending injury, to get out a a season he didn't want to play in because the team didn't bend over and pay him all he thought he was worth

WHAT?

i'm just saying what we all are thinking in the back of our minds

:D

Zool
03-01-2007, 08:34 AM
All these lineups are odd. We're scrapping the TE position altogether?

Unless the WCO suddenly becomes the spread O, Jennings will get on the field about 30% of the time next year (assuming this actually happens).

I am firmly entrenched on the fence over this. I think thats because we all remember who Moss was in MN. He had junk to work with in Oakland, but maybe he has lost some too.

Of course, if he puts up 80-1100-10 then TT is an absolute genious.

wist43
03-01-2007, 08:39 AM

Favre may love to chuck it deep, but he's not very good at it...

Favre's strength is throwing lasers in the 15-20 yd range...

Like I said... want no part of Moss. He's a punk and a cancer - not to mention excessively expensive.

ND72
03-01-2007, 08:43 AM

Favre may love to chuck it deep, but he's not very good at it...

Favre's strength is throwing lasers in the 15-20 yd range...

Like I said... want no part of Moss. He's a punk and a cancer - not to mention excessively expensive.

:shock: Wist and I agree on something...which probably means this trade will happen.

Cheesehead Craig
03-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Not a big fan of getting him for a 2nd. He gets motivated though, he's a beast.

MadScientist
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
The only way I'd have TT make a trade would be if it goes something like this:

Moss for a 3rd (throw in Fergie if needed).

Turn around and trade Moss, Rodgers and the #1 to Houston for their #1 and take CJ.

If Moss were in a Packer uniform, it would be the first time I've ever rooted for an injury for a Packer's player. (I don't root for injuries except to the worst of scum).

Charles Woodson
03-01-2007, 05:49 PM

Turn around and trade Moss, Rodgers and the #1 to Houston for their #1 and take CJ.

If Moss were in a Packer uniform, it would be the first time I've ever rooted for an injury for a Packer's player. (I don't root for injuries except to the worst of scum).

Welcome to the fourm but your idea is well, mad. I would shit my pants if Calvins there at 8, as much as people hate moss remember bretts in his last year and every piece of talent we come across can be used and if we get enough then we have a shot at a sb, lets face it guys, Randy Moss turns our WR core to top 10 in the league

red
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM

CJ wouldn't be there at that pic. and it would take a whole hell of a lot more then that for us to move up to gt him

packerbacker1234
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Please.

Moss = Playmaker.

What do we need? Playmaker.

Moss, like every other reciever in the HISTORY OF THE GAME will play and play his best for Favre.

Period. It's been proven over and over again. It matters not your background when you team with Favre. Even favre could restle TO to be the best.

Moss to GB with Favre at the helm is the best IDEA yet. It's all an idea. Packers interested? Sure. I wont count on it though.

falco
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
FROM PFT

PATS LURKING FOR MOSS?

At a time when the signs are pointing to the Raiders dealing receiver Randy Moss to the Packers, sources close to Moss say that another team quietly in the mix is the New England Patriots.

The Pats were rumored to be interested in Moss during the 2006 season, as the trading deadline approached.

The other team that also continues to be mentioned as a potential destination for Moss is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The biggest impediment to a deal is a contract that is scheduled to pay Moss $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. It's tough to commit that kind of money to a guy who has disappeared over the past year or so.

motife
03-01-2007, 07:54 PM
FROM PFT

PATS LURKING FOR MOSS?

At a time when the signs are pointing to the Raiders dealing receiver Randy Moss to the Packers, sources close to Moss say that another team quietly in the mix is the New England Patriots.

The Pats were rumored to be interested in Moss during the 2006 season, as the trading deadline approached.

The other team that also continues to be mentioned as a potential destination for Moss is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The biggest impediment to a deal is a contract that is scheduled to pay Moss $9.75 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. It's tough to commit that kind of money to a guy who has disappeared over the past year or so.

there are also reports that the Patriots are not interested :

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=185708&format=text

No Moss growin’ here

Though anything’s possible, it seems unlikley the Patriots will pursue wide receiver Randy Moss, who wants out of Oakland and may be traded.

The Packers and Jaguars are considered the leading contenders for Moss, with Green Bay particularly interested in finding another weapon for aging quarterback Brett Favre. A report yesterday mentioned the Patriots as a suitor, but Moss doesn’t fit their profile. He’s 30 years old, has $20 million remaining over the final two years of his contract, and isn’t considered a team-first player.

motife
03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
what would really be great is Randy Moss and Darren Sharper could renew their Packers/Vikings rivalry.

ND72
03-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Al Davis little while ago on Sirius sports Radio...."Randy Moss is an Oakland Raider, and he's going to be an Oakland Raider. There has not been a single team to contact us reguarding a trade for Randy Moss. And we are not interested in trading him. He's an Oakland Raider."

BF4MVP
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
what would really be great is Randy Moss and Darren Sharper could renew their Packers/Vikings rivalry.
haha I never thought about that. That would be amazing.

packers11
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Al Davis little while ago on Sirius sports Radio...."Randy Moss is an Oakland Raider, and he's going to be an Oakland Raider. There has not been a single team to contact us reguarding a trade for Randy Moss. And we are not interested in trading him. He's an Oakland Raider."

:(

imscott72
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM

Ha poor old Al, still posturing for a 1st... :roll:

b bulldog
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Exactly, he will never get a first though.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM

Wow, that's pretty emphatic. Could it be we've wasted all this time on a BS rumor?

HarveyWallbangers
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow, that's pretty emphatic. Could it be we've wasted all this time on a BS rumor?

I think it's as likely that Al Davis is lying. Happens all the time with GMs.

Charles Woodson
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM

I think it's as likely that Al Davis is lying. Happens all the time with GMs.

I just want an answer, and if its no im going to be pissed. maybe ill go egg a Bear fans house

red
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
lets not forget al davis is senile, and probably doesn't even know where is is, or that he even owns a football team

green_bowl_packer
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
TT now has chimed in . . .

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=121207&ntpid=2

Gathering Moss

Thompson kept with his policy of not commenting on the persistent rumors of the team's interest in Oakland wide receiver Randy Moss, but he didn't deny the team has talked to the Raiders about a possible deal.

However, Thompson did say the team wasn't actively shopping backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Profootballtalk.com reported the Raiders asked for a first-round pick for Moss, and the Packers countered with offering Rodgers. Rodgers, reached Thursday, said he had not been told he was on the trading block.

"All I can say is," Thompson said, "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet."