PDA

View Full Version : Draft trade rumor from KFFL

Rastak
04-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Raiders | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:51:03 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 11:52 AM
That would be a good trade for both teams, and makes more sense then any others that have been proposed for the Raiders. At 4 they will have they will have more choices.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
If that trade goes through, wouldn't our chances at Super Mario be better? The Radiers would probably take Young, dropping one of these out of the top five...

Bush
Leinart
Brick
Mario

Bush and Leinart are locks and I guess I don't see Tennessee taking Mario. Maybe Brick and maybe Cutler, but not Mario. Just speculation.

tyler

Rastak
04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
If that trade goes through, wouldn't our chances at Super Mario be better? The Radiers would probably take Young, dropping one of these out of the top five...

Bush
Leinart
Brick
Mario

Bush and Leinart are locks and I guess I don't see Tennessee taking Mario. Maybe Brick and maybe Cutler, but not Mario. Just speculation.

tyler

Maybe.....my 1st round would look like:

Texans - Bush
Saints - Williams
Titans - Leinert
Raiders - Young
Packers - Hawk

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 12:24 PM
There's still speculation floating around that Mario might go #1 and if that happens, where does Bush land?

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I guess that is definitely possible, though that would signal that New Orleans is Brees'ing for the forseeable future. Personally, I think that's a bad move (I'm not that high on Brees), but they're the 'Aints for a good reason.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
There's still speculation floating around that Mario might go #1 and if that happens, where does Bush land?

I think that's Houston just trying to stir the waters in the lower picks, not make the draft so predictable. They'll take Bush. I think Houston would riot if they passed up Bush.

That would make things VERY interesting if they did though...

tyler

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM

If you believe this I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I would like to sell you.

BooHoo
04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Do we take Mario or Hawk? We will find out this Saturday.

Lurking in the back of my mind is a QB and/or trade down. :roll:

BooHoo
04-25-2006, 02:34 PM
My avatar is back!!!!!!

imscott72
04-25-2006, 02:46 PM
I'd be shocked if we don't trade down. There's just too many damn holes on this team to not grab another 3-4 picks.

BooHoo
04-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd be shocked if we don't trade down. There's just too many damn holes on this team to not grab another 3-4 picks.

That is one school of thought. The more, the merrier. The other thought is one key quality player can make a significant difference (aka Reggie White).

The issue is whether TT thinks there is a potential Reggie White type available to him at #5. If not, he is a natural trade down guy.

Partial
04-25-2006, 04:04 PM
you guys gotta keep in mind it takes two to tango.

We won't trade down in round one. I suspect we will trade down in several others rounds which is a good thing. Joseph, Eslinger, and a corner or end in the third, plus AJ Hawk would be quite the first day of the draft!

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Hmm but do they REALLY want a QB? i mean it could be that they want hawk, or have reason to belive that mario will fall or davis or someone. i mean look at it this way.

1.Bush
2. Lets say Da brick
3.Young
4. Jets Mario
5.Hawk
6. Davis
7. Radiers Leinart?

I mean it doesnt matter. The pack and SF wont take a QB after both picking one the year before. there up to something