PDA

View Full Version : WTMJ-PACKER FLAGSHIP MILWAUKEE TV STATION

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Lance Allen has been a pretty reliable source over time.

I questioned what are the sources for all these rumors.

Lance Allen is reporting that if Randy Moss is willing to restructure his contract, Green Bay is reportedly offering up Aaron Rodgers for Randy Moss even up.

Now I heard it.

Bring it.

B

ND72
02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
not gonna lie...and i know you guys will probably rip me up for it....but I would not do that deal. What happens if Favre does retire after next season? We're going to start Ingle Martin as our QB? I would put more faith in Aaron Rodgers. I'm just not a fan of that idea. I don't see that trade actually happening though.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Every year there is a temporary QB fix out there; I don't think that is a reason not to make the deal.

If GB was incredibly high on AROD they would not make this deal anyways.

ND72
02-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I am going to say this though for Rodgers....He'd have to be somewhat happy about that situation...he's pretty much made their starter from day 1....and your first round pick would most likely then be Calvin Johnson. Thanks, Al!

CaptainKickass
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
There's gonna be plenty of veterans to bring in if necessary.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
IF GB needed a QB this year Garcia is out there. Tim Ramsey (who I don't like) is up for sale.

Last year it was Brees and Culpepper; soon Schwab will be out there.

Every year there are short term options and TT could always go fishing in the draft again.

LEWCWA
02-28-2007, 10:41 PM
GIT R DONE!!!

justanotherpackfan
02-28-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't know about this. We're talking about Moss!!! The guy who leaves the field before the game ends and is known as a quitter. If the Packers were only getting rid of a draft pick I'd do it, but Rodgers, our future qb.

No.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
If the packers don't do this one, they are as dumb as can be. If you trade for Moss, then 100% Brett is back for two years. So that gives you three offseasons to find his successor. And for those of you that think he is the successor, you are dreaming and will one day be dissappionted. This trade would make TT first draft look a hell of a lot better IMO.

Hell if we got Moss, I say Favre plays three more years. With the cap we have and an aswsome offense he would be very excited to play.

Bretsky
02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't know about this. We're talking about Moss!!! The guy who leaves the field before the game ends and is known as a quitter. If the Packers were only getting rid of a draft pick I'd do it, but Rodgers, our future qb.

No.

If TT is considering this, he's not all that sold on Rodgers as our future QB

ND72
02-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I personally think TT would be dumb to do this...even if it was just draft picks, I'm not a fan. I in general am not changing my view I've always had on Moss, and would not welcome him. sorry, I just can't be a hypocrit on this one.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I personally think TT would be dumb to do this...even if it was just draft picks, I'm not a fan. I in general am not changing my view I've always had on Moss, and would not welcome him. sorry, I just can't be a hypocrit on this one.

You will change your mind after we start off 4-0.

ND72
02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't care if we went 16-0, I will never be a fan of Randy Moss.

BF4MVP
02-28-2007, 11:15 PM
I like Rodgers a lot..He's a class act and he catches a lot of unwaranted flak from Packer fans..

That being said, I'd do this deal..I can't even begin to explain how much I want Randy Moss in GB..

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2007, 11:17 PM

What has he done that makes you hate him so much. Besides that fake moon what has he every done to the packers.

SD GB fan
02-28-2007, 11:27 PM

What has he done that makes you hate him so much. Besides that fake moon what has he every done to the packers.

he constantly scores on us :cry:

o wait, if he is on our team, they cant happen. :P

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2007, 11:34 PM

he constantly scores on us :cry:

o wait, if he is on our team, they cant happen. :P

Actually that kind of shows that he always respected our team. When he's bored he supposedly doesn't play, but not once in 8 years with the Viking did he ever not feel like playing hard against us.

esoxx
02-28-2007, 11:39 PM
This would be a much better trade using Rodgers versus a draft pick. He hasn't shown anything that would indicate he's special or starter material. Martin could likely show just as good in preseason or in mop up duty in the regular season.

Rodgers seems like a dime a dozen type QB. If TT's willing to part with his first #1 pick as a GM, you know he's not impressed at all either.

GBRulz
02-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Ted Stefoniak from the GB NBC affiliate basically said the same thing tonight.

I should have watched CBS though, usually McCarren is good at reporting breaking stories like this.

Anyhow, I like Rodgers, but I'm not convinced he is our future. With another good draft, and a huge playmaker like his on offense, I think the packers will be serious playoff contenders.

I think Moss will be fine here. I mean, we found every reason possible to hate on the guy when he was a Queen because he came in here and basically walked all over us for how many years? Look at the coaches he's been affiliated with, too. You can't tell me that if he pulled a stunt like walking off the field early here that M3 would put up with that.

Anyhow, I'm pretty excited at the possibility of him coming here. Thanks for the eye candy though, Mr. Rodgers :lol:

Pacopete4
03-01-2007, 01:17 AM
GET IT DONE NOW!!!! We are giving up nothing really.. Rodgers has stunk up the joint every time and is a HUUUUGE question mark as to whether he can be the guy. Raiders need a project QB and this means they can draft Calvin Johnson... perfect for BOTH teams. We get rid of trash and bring in a guy that can help us win NOW!..

plus.. Ingle Martin is gonna be the man in 2009 after Favre gives us 2 more seasons.. give mccarthy some time to groom that kid.. hes in love with him i think

VegasPackFan
03-01-2007, 02:36 AM
This would be a great deal for us.

TT had no choice but to take Rodgers when he fell that far in the draft, but he hasnt done a thing for us. So essentially you get that pick redeemed back for Moss.

Favre probably sticks around a few more years as this team quickly becomes very dangerous. He can now throw 60 yard jump-balls and get away with it - Moss will go up and get those.

TT gets a few more years to find the successor.

CaliforniaCheez
03-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Rodgers has done nothing for the Packers.
Moss has done little for the Raiders(Greg Jennings had better numbers)

One worthless player for another.

Any bets on the first Packer player to punch Moss??

It will not go beyond the first 3 games before Favre and Moss have a verbal altercation.

Partial
03-01-2007, 06:44 AM
not gonna lie...and i know you guys will probably rip me up for it....but I would not do that deal. What happens if Favre does retire after next season? We're going to start Ingle Martin as our QB? I would put more faith in Aaron Rodgers. I'm just not a fan of that idea. I don't see that trade actually happening though.

What if they drafted Quinn in the first round, then? I personally think he is going to drop even though he shouldn't. I don't see him going top 5, and after that he is going to fall to atleast 10ish, and maybe further.

Partial
03-01-2007, 06:45 AM

No.

Good to see you back posting again playa

Partial
03-01-2007, 06:55 AM
I actually think that its a good deal for Rodger's value. He gets to go back to Cali where he likes it and live in another die-hard football town. We got a rental player to see what he could do, and in the end turned him around to bring in Brett a great weapon.

If that trade goes through and Moss turns out to be a stud, that makes the 2005 draft look that much more valuable. And it is certainly far more valuable than letting a back-up QB rot on the bench never getting an opportunity and becoming a malcontent.

It would be a prime example of what RWolf used to do. He would hose another team for his top back-up, and that would be exactly what TT is doing. We also saw the value of Rodgers by having a good back-up in the event that anything did happen to Favre.

I have to tip my hat and say well played if this is in fact true.

Partial
03-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Rodgers has done nothing for the Packers.
Moss has done little for the Raiders(Greg Jennings had better numbers)

One worthless player for another.

Any bets on the first Packer player to punch Moss??

It will not go beyond the first 3 games before Favre and Moss have a verbal altercation.

I don't think so. The key is to have a player better than Moss on your team to keep his ego in check. Favre is a guaranteed HOF and one of the best players of this era. He'll keep him in line.

Joemailman
03-01-2007, 07:09 AM
I think it's kind of funny that people say that Rodgers has done nothing for the Packers. He is Brett Favre's backup. What's he supposed to do? That said, I've felt ever since McCarthy was hired that he wasn't sold on Rodgers. Ingle Martin was drafted at McCarthy's urging, and has more athletic ability than Rodgers. If TT makes the trade, it will be strictly a move made for the short term, acquiring a potential impact player for someone who is likely to just sit on the bench all year. Not really a TT-type move, and one that would make it hard for people to claim that TT isn't doing enough to help Favre win now.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-01-2007, 07:15 AM
This trade would also be fair to Rodgers. Say we trade a draft pick for Moss, I then cant see how Brett can retire after this season. That would mean the Rodgers isnt going to play until at least his 5th year. Who really wants to wait that long.

CaliforniaCheez
03-01-2007, 07:20 AM
I think it's kind of funny that people say that Rodgers has done nothing for the Packers. He is Brett Favre's backup. What's he supposed to do? That said, I've felt ever since McCarthy was hired that he wasn't sold on Rodgers. Ingle Martin was drafted at McCarthy's urging, and has more athletic ability than Rodgers. If TT makes the trade, it will be strictly a move made for the short term, acquiring a potential impact player for someone who is likely to just sit on the bench all year. Not really a TT-type move, and one that would make it hard for people to claim that TT isn't doing enough to help Favre win now.

Aaron wears a baseball cap on Sundays.
He was Ted Thompson's first draft pick.
He has 2 more years of first round pick paydays and then hits the free agent market. If the Packers and Ted Thompson believe Brett is playing for two more years then it is time to move Rodgers.
With Brett Favre a second string QB is unnecessary now and long term.
If the need for security has you worried, there are veterans out there like Kurt Warner, Todd Bouman, and unnecessary others.

ND72
03-01-2007, 07:50 AM

What has he done? What hasn't he done? Not playing hard, off the field stupidity, just a general jackass all around. I'm sorry, but I'm a coach, and as a coach, if I had a kid like Randy Moss on my team, he'd quit, cause I'd make him work harder than he wants, and he'd give up, and I'd do it on purpose. Someone with extreme talent needs to be pushed, and he doesn't want to be pushed. I just don't trust or believe in Randy Moss. PERIOD.

red
03-01-2007, 07:53 AM
This trade would also be fair to Rodgers. Say we trade a draft pick for Moss, I then cant see how Brett can retire after this season. That would mean the Rodgers isnt going to play until at least his 5th year. Who really wants to wait that long.
i also see this as a sign that brett has told the team he'll stick around longer then this year

i don't think TT would trade his qb of the future for a weapon for favre, for just one year. i think TT and brett have been talking about this one, and it might be brett has said he keep playing

Packnut
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
As much as I feel the same about Randy as ND does, if we're only giving up Rodgers, then make this deal. Even if it blows up in TT's face and Randy is still an ass, I will not criticize Thompson for at least making an effort.

Hell, may-be Moss will play for Favre. Brett has always brought the best out in players.................

oregonpackfan
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM

What has he done? What hasn't he done? Not playing hard, off the field stupidity, just a general jackass all around. I'm sorry, but I'm a coach, and as a coach, if I had a kid like Randy Moss on my team, he'd quit, cause I'd make him work harder than he wants, and he'd give up, and I'd do it on purpose. Someone with extreme talent needs to be pushed, and he doesn't want to be pushed. I just don't trust or believe in Randy Moss. PERIOD.

I'm with you, ND 72. What amazes me is that so many Packers fans think Moss is suddenly going to change his attitude, work ethic, and lack of team spirit once he joins the Packers.

Players and people can change behavior patterns. I just don't see that potential in Randy Moss.

OPF