According to ESPN:

Top UFAs

QB
1 Jeff Garcia
2 Aaron Brooks
3 Kerry Collins
4 Tim Rattay
5 Brad Johnson

Yuck! Matt Schaub is the top RFA, and he's the only one really worth getting.

RB
1 Ahman Green
2 Jamal Lewis
3 Dominic Rhodes
4 Ron Dayne
5 Chris Brown

Yuck! Michael Turner is the top ranked RFA. Ahman, Rhodes, Turner (but not for the price) and Lewis (in the right system) are the only ones worthy getting. I kind of like Chris Brown (in the right system). More than Dayne, at least, and probably Rhodes. My sleeper RB would be Musa Smith.

FB
1 Justin Griffith
2 Ovie Mughelli
3 B.J. Askew
4 Moran Norris

Yuck! Griffith is the only one worth getting.

WR
1 Donte' Stallworth
2 Drew Bennett
3 Kevin Curtis
4 Patrick Crayton
5 Ashley Lelie
6 Bobby Engram
7 Travis Taylor
8 Dennis Northcutt
9 Eric Moulds
10 Kelly Washington

Yuck! I like Stallworth. I like Bennett as a 2nd WR. I like Curtis as a 2nd WR in the right system. The rest are 3rd WRs. Washington and Terrance Copper are sleepers.

TE
1 Daniel Graham
2 Eric Johnson
3 Jerramy Stevens
4 Reggie Kelly
5 Mike Seidman

Yuck! Graham is solid, but will likely get paid too much. Johnson is good, but very injury prone. Stevens is athletic, but drops too many balls. The rest stink.

OT
1 Leonard Davis
2 Tony Pashos
3 Jon Stinchcomb
4 Luke Petitgout
5 Marc Colombo

Yuck! Davis has been a bust, but could be good in the right system. Pashos is probably the most appealing for the money. The rest would be serviceable starters for a 2-3 years.

OG
1 Eric Steinbach
2 Kris Dielman
3 Ruben Brown
4 Cosey Coleman
5 Derrick Dockery

Not bad. Steinbach is a stud. Dielman is solid. Brown is old. Coleman has potential. I actually like Dockery third best. He's a nice player.

OC
1 Shaun O'Hara
2 Jeremy Newberry
3 Robbie Tobeck
4 Hank Fraley
5 Al Johnson

Yuck! All are old, but could be okay for a few years. If a team needed a C, I'd look at Fraley and Johnson. Johnson played at Wisconsin when Childress was there, I believe.

DE
1 Patrick Kerney
2 Robaire Smith
3 Jarret Johnson
4 Dewayne White
5 Antwan Peek

Yuck! Kerney could be on the downside. Joe Johnson anyone? So is Smith. Johnson is a 3-4 end, and wouldn't fit well with a lot of teams. White has some potential. The top RFA, Jared Allen, is solid.

DT
1 Ian Scott
2 Alvin McKinley
3 Kindal Moorehead
4 Anthony Adams
5 Alfonso Boone

YUCK! The top RFA, Randy Starks, has good potential.

LB
1 Adalius Thomas
2 London Fletcher
3 Cato June
4 Donnie Edwards
5 Brian Simmons
6 Kawika Mitchell

Not bad. Fletcher and Edwards are getting old. Edwards is close to his mid-30s. Thomas and June (in the right systems) would be good. I like the top RFA, Demorrio Williams of Atlanta.

CB
1 Nate Clements
2 Nick Harper
3 Travis Fisher
4 Roderick Hood
5 David Macklin

Yuck! Clements is very good. The rest aren't anything special. I like Hood though. Could be the next Al Harris. Solid NB in Philly who moves on to start for another team.

S
1 Ken Hamlin
2 Deon Grant
3 Mike Doss
4 Kevin Kaesviharn
5 Terrence Holt
6 Michael Lewis

Not bad. I'd take Hamlin, Grant, and Lewis. Mike Doss is a good player--who has had off the field problems.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I think Washington is intersting. Being stuck behind all that talent in Cincy may have concealed a hidden gem?

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm one who thinks Stevens from Seattle is EXTREMELY under-rated. I think he could be very VERY good. yes he has dropped balls. But if he holds on to half of his drops, he's a pro bowler.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm one who thinks Stevens from Seattle is EXTREMELY under-rated. I think he could be very VERY good. yes he has dropped balls. But if he holds on to half of his drops, he's a pro bowler.

It seem's that knock of dropping passes came last season and he did come back from a serious injury which could have contributed to it.

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Lets not forget, that I believe he is a Ted Thompson guy as well (picked by in seattle).

Packnut
03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Lets not forget, that I believe he is a Ted Thompson guy as well (picked by in seattle).

Well the TT connection to Seattle burned us with Manuel but I sure hope and pray it works for us with Hamlin and Stevens!

Spaulding
03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
No to Stevens. That guy is a punk. I'd rather take a flyer on Eric Johnson and pray he stays healthy.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
No to Stevens. That guy is a punk. I'd rather take a flyer on Eric Johnson and pray he stays healthy.

Johnson is also my first choice.

red
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
some rumors to add to the list

pft is saying that wiggins has been told he will be cut

espn, is saying that corey dillon and mike williams will also be cut

Partial
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Sign Mike Williams!!!!!!!!! My gosh, have him lift and put on ten pounds and play him at Tight End. He won't be a blocker but we know he stays healthy and is faster/more reliable than Martin and Miami TE we have.

red
03-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Sign Mike Williams!!!!!!!!! My gosh, have him lift and put on ten pounds and play him at Tight End. He won't be a blocker but we know he stays healthy and is faster/more reliable than Martin and Miami TE we have.

i agree, i love mike williams

and he actually did ok last year when the lions actually put him in the game

he's a big red zone threat, just like what we need

b bulldog
03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Stevens is a punk and does drop way too many balls. I can't stand the guy.