PDA

View Full Version : Moss news

BF4MVP
03-01-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't usually post baseless news like this (actually, this is the first time, I think), but my best friend told me something a few minutes ago..

He said that he has a friend whose mom works at Van Boxtel Ford in Green Bay, and his friend told him that Randy Moss was in town yesterday and bought a $70,000 escalade at Van Boxtel..

I don't know how much truth there is to it, and take it for what it's worth (probably not much)..Just don't kill the messenger!

red
03-01-2007, 12:56 PM
hmm

well

maybe he was in town, and bought a car. that still doesn't mean he'll be playing here

maybe he was in town and saw an SUV he had to have?

if we are working on a deal to get him, and we've said that he had to take a pay cut, it would make sense that he would be in town with his agent to work on a deal and for TT to get to know moss before he pulls the trigger

Rastak
03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
hmm

well

maybe he was in town, and bought a car. that still doesn't mean he'll be playing here

if we are working on a deal to get him, and we've said that he had to take a pay cut, it would make sense that he would be in town with his agent to work on a deal and for TT to get to know moss before he pulls the trigger

Absolutely could be the case.......still not sure why he'd want to take a pay cut though but who knows, he ain't getting any younger......

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
not killing your story at all here, but...if Moss was in town to "renegotiate"...that'd be "tamporing"......no reconstruction of a contract based on a trade can take place until 12:01 am tonight just like Free Agents.

MacCool606
03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Geez - an Escalade isn't a Ford. we must really be asking Randy to take a pay cut if he's buying used.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
not killing your story at all here, but...if Moss was in town to "renegotiate"...that'd be "tamporing"......no reconstruction of a contract based on a trade can take place until 12:01 am tonight just like Free Agents.

Does'nt that change if Oakland and TT already have a deal in place? Don't see how that would be tampering.

red
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
hmm

well

Absolutely could be the case.......still not sure why he'd want to take a pay cut though but who knows, he ain't getting any younger......

maybe he knows he could be traded to another place he doesn't want to go to if he can't work out things with the packers, but who's worse then the raiders?

or, he might know if he's not traded theres a good chance the raiders flat out cut him, and at 30 years old, and after the season he just had, he might not get a whole hell of a lot. maybe he's trying split the difference?

but i can't see for a second, him flat out taking a pay cut, i think if anything it'll just be a restructure. he'll get his money, it'll just look different for cap purposes

Zool
03-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Geez - an Escalade isn't a Ford. we must really be asking Randy to take a pay cut if he's buying used.Ha! I thought this same thing. $70k used?

Rastak
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM

oops, good point. Unless the Raiders granted permission......

MJZiggy
03-01-2007, 01:12 PM
There's no way they'd have granted permission without it being leaked...maybe he's just hanging out 'til midnight and they'll be up all night working on it.

red
03-01-2007, 01:14 PM

couldn't they talk about it, and come to a verbal agreement. if the raiders give permission?

just like the dre bly deal is done, but not official until midnight

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know how all that works, but if the Raiders granted permission you would have heard about it, because it is in the form of a press release.

Partial
03-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Track him down GBM and BF. Let's break this story wide-open!!

MadtownPacker
03-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Well couldnt the purchase be used as a "alibi" for why he was in GB?

Great rumor BF4MVP. I hope this shizzle goes down. The Pack will dominate on O.

Rastak
03-01-2007, 01:35 PM

Ah but only when Mr Moss decides it is so.....LOL....

You better be careful what you wish for.

All BS aside, he's REALLY fun to watch. There will be a pang of pain in me if he does sign with you guys. Something tells me it'll happen too.

BF4MVP
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Geez - an Escalade isn't a Ford. we must really be asking Randy to take a pay cut if he's buying used.
A good point. My friend did say Escalade, but perhaps he meant "excursion" or somethin..

Or maybe he actually did buy used? I have no idea.

red
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Ah but only when Mr Moss decides it is so.....LOL....

You better be careful what you wish for.

All BS aside, he's REALLY fun to watch. There will be a pang of pain in me if he does sign with you guys. Something tells me it'll happen too.

as a fan of one of our biggest rivals, does our team with moss scare you anymore then out team without him does?

MadtownPacker
03-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Thats a great question Red.

What you say Ras, you scared of the Favre/Moss combo?

MJZiggy
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Well, he's not going to admit it now!!

Rastak
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Only a little, he's really injury prone now and he just doesn;t seem to care that much. He'll burn your ass sometimes, and that could decide a game.
I'd take him back under the right circumstances. I wouldn't want a large financial commitment because he's a great teammate but not the best team player. If anything goes sour, you'll wish him gone. If everyhting is clicking, I bet he'll help you guys alot.

so I guess it could vary between a little and a lot...LOL....sorry, but this guy really is a dice roll from week to week.

Fritz
03-01-2007, 01:50 PM
The biggest negative about this being true is the fact that an Escalade is a Caddy, and Moss buying an Excursion is even a wilder rumor than Moss being a Packer.

Randy Moss in a Ford???

MadtownPacker
03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Only a little, he's really injury prone now and he just doesn;t seem to care that much. He'll burn your ass sometimes, and that could decide a game.
I'd take him back under the right circumstances. I wouldn't want a large financial commitment because he's a great teammate but not the best team player. If anything goes sour, you'll wish him gone. If everyhting is clicking, I bet he'll help you guys alot.

so I guess it could vary between a little and a lot...LOL....sorry, but this guy really is a dice roll from week to week.I dont thnk he is injury prone. Just more of his disgruntled behavior. We know very well about him burning people. Ask sharper. :P

I highly doubt TT will not protect the team in the event Moss goes all "Minnesota" on the Pack so really the only risk is what he gives up to get him. Doubt it will be for more then 2 years anyways.

You still got a Moss jersey?

red
03-01-2007, 02:01 PM

so I guess it could vary between a little and a lot...LOL....sorry, but this guy really is a dice roll from week to week.

i guess thats an honest enough answer

not what i was looking for though lol

just remember, i don't think he likes your team too much, he might be a little motivated to play you guys twice a year

Packnut
03-01-2007, 02:06 PM

just remember, i don't think he likes your team too much, he might be a little motivated to play you guys twice a year

Can you imagine Randy catching a 60 yd td pass from Favre in the metrodome and then doing the fake mooning thing to the Viking fans???????

That would be a HOOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ND72
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
ok, that one actually made me laugh

red
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM

Can you imagine Randy catching a 60 yd td pass from Favre in the metrodome and then doing the fake mooning thing to the Viking fans???????

i'd rather he peed on the queens fans in the first few rows

MadtownPacker
03-01-2007, 02:12 PM

That would be a HOOT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:I think TT needs to make a clause in his contract. A retribution type of thing where he makes up with Packer backers on opening day by walking up to the goal post and wiping it down with a #84 vikings jersey!

Rastak
03-01-2007, 02:15 PM

Well if he doesn't then I guess we know which franchise he respects more.....

book mark this thread boys.....if he doesn;t moon 'em, well, you fill in the blanks....

Plus he has to decide to actually try that day...... :wink:

Rastak
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM

i'd rather he peed on the queens fans in the first few rows

Red, is that nice? I boo'd Moss when he mooned you guys and knocked you out of the playoffs....I mean I boo'd the mooning, I cheered like hell for the TD...... :D

MadtownPacker
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I have no doubt he would play hard for the two viking games. Plus the Pack plays OAK next season so that makes it even better.

red
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
i stand by what i said

queens keep blowing that horn, their fans deserve to be peed on

and i think moss is just the player we need to do that

Rastak
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
i stand by what i said

queens keep blowing that horn, their fans deserve to be peed on

and i think moss is just the player we need to do that

Well, I hope someone pisses on you then Red.

Come to the dome and I'll do it....

edit: oh, that sounds kinda harsh...but do you realize how stupid that statement really is? There are kids there and you actually condone someone jumping into the stands and pissing on them.....

Jesus Joseph and Mary, think a bit my good man...... it's just a game dude.

If it's more, you should call a local number for help!

GBRulz
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a friend who works at Broadway Chevrolet (company that owns Van Boxtel) and i have a call into him. I'll let you know what i find out.

BooHoo
03-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the research GB.

BF4MVP
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a friend who works at Broadway Chevrolet (company that owns Van Boxtel) and i have a call into him. I'll let you know what i find out.
Very nice! But remember, I'm just saying what my friend told me..So if it turns out not to be true, dont kill the messenger :lol:

But if it turns out to be true, it would be huge..it would kinda be like a "you heard it here first" kinda thing :lol:

motife
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd like to know, which has better management and/or prospects :

Ford Motor Company
Detroit Lions

stated another way :

Would Matt Millen do a better job running Ford than he has the Lions?

They're about to cut their 3rd top 10 draft pick in 4 years.

red
03-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I'd like to know, which has better management and/or prospects :

Ford Motor Company
Detroit Lions

i'd say they both suck the same amount

one losses all their games, the other losses all their money

both are very badly mismanaged

woodbuck27
03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Hhhhmmm ! Tres interessement. :)

red
03-01-2007, 09:19 PM
ok, pure speculation here

why would moss be in town yesterday, two days before free agency starts, and two days before anything can be done?

i just read on pft that vikes LB harris is in kansas city waiting for 12:01 so he could talk to the chiefs

could moss be doing that, but maybe got into town early to avoid the big storm, and make sure he got here by march 2nd at 12:01

just another thought to throw on the pile

Partial
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I am thinking he probably isn't in Green Bay. But then again, who knows.

GBRulz
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
My friend emailed me back and said that he hasn't heard anything about that. However, when he tried to access this report on vehicles sold for the week, it was unavailable.

Personally, I think it's probably untrue. Besides, why a Ford dealership? My friend said the highest priced vehicle on their used lot is a $25k Trailblazer with 60k miles on it. As far as new vehicles, Ford no longer makes the Excursion. I guess I wasn't aware of that.

So, what BF4 has reported could be true, maybe it isn't true. I guess we don't really know. So, let's not shoot the messenger just yet. lol j/k :lol:

the_idle_threat
03-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I'll bet somebody saw a black dude with cornrows in GB and just figured it had to be Randy Moss. :lol:

ND72
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
I'll bet somebody saw a black dude with cornrows in GB and just figured it had to be Randy Moss. :lol:

:lol: If I were black, and built well....I'd go do stuff like that for fun... :lol: Heck, I have a pair of packers practice shorts and a nameless practice jersey, lots of my friends have told me to throw those on someday and see if anyone comes up asking for autographs...my 6'5" 300 pound frame would at least make someone think I could be an athlete..or was :lol:

GBRulz
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
As funny as that is, it's somewhat reality around here. Here is a story about a guy I worked with a few years back. He was in his mid 20's, very nice looking, great body, always dressed nice... anyhow, it was almost on a weekly basis that someone would come up and ask for his autograph. So, he would sign his real name on something and people would be so excited. It's funny, but on the same page it pisses me off how stereotypical people are in this town.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-02-2007, 12:01 AM
I just can't believe this actually happening!