PDA

View Full Version : You Pick The Draft...#4, Tampa Bay

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
#1 - Oakland - QB JaMarcus Russell
#2 - Detroit - OT Joe Thomas (does this happen anymore with the Bly trade?)
#3 - Cleveland - RB Adrian Peterson

Ok, I know we have lots of other things to talk about right now, but I'm gonna press on with this draft. I know the "look" could change within, well, 11 hours, but...

I know this is gonna be a no brainer here, so I'm only going to offer 3 picks on this one.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Gruden is a fool if he passes up CJ and takes Quinn.

Partial
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Johnson is at this point the steal of the draft.

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Do you draft Quinn with nobody to throw to, or keep building with Simms/Gradkowski, and give them the best weapon in the draft? DUH.

Rastak
03-01-2007, 01:46 PM
#1 - Oakland - QB JaMarcus Russell
#2 - Detroit - OT Joe Thomas (does this happen anymore with the Bly trade?)
#3 - Cleveland - RB Adrian Peterson

Ok, I know we have lots of other things to talk about right now, but I'm gonna press on with this draft. I know the "look" could change within, well, 11 hours, but...

I know this is gonna be a no brainer here, so I'm only going to offer 3 picks on this one.

Very cool idea ND.........

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
The whole beginning of this draft could change within a day....#1, Raiders, if Moss is traded, or when moss is traded....do they still take a QB? Does Johnson go #1? #2, Detroit...they got a RB, and a starting RT in Foster...Do they still look at Joe Thomas? Do they take a QB? Do they now for sure trade down? #3, Cleveland...they could have both QB's, & Peterson sitting there for them.

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
OR...does Oakland still take a QB, and now Detroit takes Johnson? :shock:

Rastak
03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
The whole beginning of this draft could change within a day....#1, Raiders, if Moss is traded, or when moss is traded....do they still take a QB? Does Johnson go #1? #2, Detroit...they got a RB, and a starting RT in Foster...Do they still look at Joe Thomas? Do they take a QB? Do they now for sure trade down? #3, Cleveland...they could have both QB's, & Peterson sitting there for them.

Moss didn't have much impact last year, in fact it was probably negative for the Raiders. Not sure how his leaving would impact the top of the draft.

ND72
03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
I think it just opens up a position. If Moss and Porter are there, are you going to dish out money to them, and open up $50 Million for Calvin Johnson?

HarveyWallbangers
03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Why only 3 choices on this one?

Rastak
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I think it just opens up a position. If Moss and Porter are there, are you going to dish out money to them, and open up $50 Million for Calvin Johnson?

No matter who they draft they gotta pay for the position in the draft taken....good discussion anyway.

ND72
03-01-2007, 02:05 PM
because at this point, if the offensive guru Jon Gruden passes up the best offensive player, C. Johnson, I'd be amazed...So I figured cause it's "so" obvious who he'd take, either Quinn or Johnson, it'd be best to just leave it to 2.

Think of this though...Lets say Russell, Johnson, and Peteson are taken 1-3...does TB take Quinn? Do they Take Thomas? Do they take a defensive guy?

MadtownPacker
03-01-2007, 02:05 PM
This is a cool theme you got going ND.

I say the bucs go defense with their pick. Thaey have some weapons on O but their D has gotten old and lost alot of players.

Packnut
03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
This is a cool theme you got going ND.

I say the bucs go defense with their pick. Thaey have some weapons on O but their D has gotten old and lost alot of players.

Could go Adams or the Beast from Louisville

red
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
well, i voted for CJ for all three picks so far, because he is the best player and safest pick in this draft

but he's still there

so i'll pick stocko

i mean CJ

Rastak
03-01-2007, 02:12 PM
because at this point, if the offensive guru Jon Gruden passes up the best offensive player, C. Johnson, I'd be amazed...So I figured cause it's "so" obvious who he'd take, either Quinn or Johnson, it'd be best to just leave it to 2.

Think of this though...Lets say Russell, Johnson, and Peteson are taken 1-3...does TB take Quinn? Do they Take Thomas? Do they take a defensive guy?

I think he'll for sure take CJ. Unless someone offers up substantial incentive for them to trade down......

Do it Chilly and company, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!