PDA

View Full Version : 2 new mock drafts

b bulldog
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM
PFT.com has us taking Chris Houston, DB from Arkansas and Fox Sports has us passing on Lynch and taking Olson at 16.

BallHawk
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I remember Chris Houston for two things; one, he had the fastest 40 time at the combine, and two, he had that horrible facemask against Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.

packers11
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
PFT.com has us taking Chris Houston, DB from Arkansas and Fox Sports has us passing on Lynch and taking Olson at 16.

Position: DB
Height: 5-10
Weight: 190
Born: 08/04/1983
College: Arkansas

oooppps wrong cb... Thats Carroll :wink:

b bulldog
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Another midget, too small!

esoxx
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
No way in hell are they drafting Olsen at 16. If they wanted him they could trade down, get more picks and then draft him.

Charles Woodson
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Pleassseee noooooooo, not another DB from Arkansa, im still trying to recover fromm teh last one

ND72
03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I remember a "5'10"" CB from Arkansas that paid off for us a few years back. My guess is this guy is like 5'8" as well.

Joemailman
03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Taking Houston in the 1st round would seem to be a reach, and TT isn't known for reaching. Sporting News has him going in 3rd round, NFLDraftCountdown early in the 2nd round, and GBNReport does not have him in their 2 round mock.

Chris Houston
Height: 5-97/8 | Weight: 185 | 40-Time: 4.32

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has good size with long arms...Smooth with outstanding athleticism...Very good timed speed and quickness with a burst...He's exceptionally tough and physical in coverage...Able to run with most wideouts in man...Has fluid hips and can flip and turn...Extremely confident in his abilities...Great leaper...Strong...Has pretty good instincts...Uses his hands well...Breaks up a lot of passes...Has a lot of potential.

Weaknesses:
He might be a little too sure of himself at times...Ball skills are only average...Too aggressive and will get fooled...Still raw in terms of his technique...Does not do a great job supporting the run...Only an average tackler at best...He was not overly productive for most of his career...May be a workout warrior...A high bust factor?

Notes:
Coming off his best season by far and he really made a name for himself in 2006 by limiting Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Meachem and Dwayne Bowe to a combined 14 catches for 168 yards and 1 touchdown...Has just about all of the physical tools that you look for and is similar to another Hog and former 1st round pick Ahmad Carroll..Intriguing prospect who could see his stock soar leading up to the draft.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
2003 DNP - - - -
2004 8 21 1 0 0
2005 11 20 8 0 0
2006 14 45 13 3 129
Totals 33 86 22 3 129

red
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
no more cb's out of arkansas

ever

remember, pft, is out to try and piss off every single packer fan out there

The Shadow
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Drafting Syd Finch would make more sense.

gbpackfan
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Ahmad Carroll Jr., no doubt.

Partial
03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
I am just throwing it out there that I think Alan Branch or Okeye(sp) falls.

the_idle_threat
03-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Carroll's problems weren't a result of his height ... his problem was between the ears. He was cocky and arrogant to point where he was absolutely uncoachable. Never learned a thing and made the same mistakes over and over.

This other guy might be a short cornerback from the same school, but there's no reason to think those attributes alone will make him in any way the same player as Ahmad Carroll.

That being said, I'd be unhappy if we picked him in the 1st round, because as far as I know, he was not so highly rated before the combine. Guys who haven't produced at a high level on the field but go shooting up draft charts after the combine have always been fool's gold, IMO.

Fritz
03-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Whos is this "Olsen"? Mary Date and Ashley's brother? This is a new name for me.

Please no more short cocky cornerbacks from Arkansas.

woodbuck27
03-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Whos is this "Olsen"? Mary Date and Ashley's brother? This is a new name for me.

Please no more short cocky cornerbacks from Arkansas.

He's the top ranked TE in the draft. Last time I looked. He won't be selected near the 16th spot.

Green Bud Packer
03-02-2007, 09:44 AM
landry the saftey out of lsu would be my pick at 16.

Sparkey
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Carroll's problems weren't a result of his height ... his problem was between the ears. He was cocky and arrogant to point where he was absolutely uncoachable. Never learned a thing and made the same mistakes over and over.

This other guy might be a short cornerback from the same school, but there's no reason to think those attributes alone will make him in any way the same player as Ahmad Carroll.

That being said, I'd be unhappy if we picked him in the 1st round, because as far as I know, he was not so highly rated before the combine. Guys who haven't produced at a high level on the field but go shooting up draft charts after the combine have always been fool's gold, IMO.

Weaknesses:
He might be a little too sure of himself at times...Ball skills are only average...Too aggressive and will get fooled...Still raw in terms of his technique...Does not do a great job supporting the run...Only an average tackler at best...He was not overly productive for most of his career...May be a workout warrior...A high bust factor?

Sound like anyone ? ? ?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-02-2007, 01:25 PM
landry the saftey out of lsu would be my pick at 16.

19 year old DT for me. 8)

the_idle_threat
03-03-2007, 01:23 AM

Weaknesses:

Sound like anyone ? ? ?

Errr... I hadn't seen this report. You sure it isn't a few years old? :mrgreen: Sounds a little too familiar after all ... :oops: