PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we SHOULD look into signing JOE HORN.

gbpackfan
03-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Sounds like he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Highly motivated.

HORN BLOWS UP AT SAINTS

Receiver Joe Horn is pissed off at his former team. So, although the Saints have seemingly left the door open to his potential return, it looks like it will be difficult if not impossible to get these two back together.

"Right now it's going around that [the Saints] wanted to restructure my contract and I asked to be released, but this has nothing to do with money," Horn told the Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer. "I wanted to retire as a Saint. I've been through hell and back for that city and that organization. If I wanted out of New Orleans that bad, I would have just kept my mouth shut and let them move the team to San Antonio.

“I just don’t think [head coach] Sean Payton wanted me back. I asked to be released because I felt betrayed by a head coach who wanted to prove he could win without Joe Horn.”

Horn cites the refusal of Payton to use Horn after he had recovered from an injury as the catalyst for the divorce.

"When Sean Payton came here, I promised him I would be the best receiver, the strongest receiver and the best conditioned receiver in the league,” Horn said. "Even after I got hurt, I rehabbed every week, trying to come back. But even after the best orthopedic doctor in the country said I was ready to play and I practiced twice before the [NFC Championship game] against Chicago, he made the decision not to play me. That's when I realized that New Orleans wasn’t going to be big enough for both Joe Horn and Sean Payton."

In our view, this is a big deal because Horn was the face and voice of the team after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the region. And though the team tried to put a happy face on the move, Horn isn't going to let them secure the high road.

Moving forward, Horn thinks that he'll be productive in his next city.

"I want to go someplace where I can show that I can still put up big numbers and help the football team win," Horn said. "I want to go someplace with a head coach who believes in me and an organization that wants me. My age and the injury are not an issue. I know I can still perform and be one of the best receivers in the league."

]{ilr]3
03-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Old and whiney. I have never liked him much at all. The only time I started to like him is that he did put alot of effort into helping out New Orleans after Katrina. Now he is back to complaining again, or the "I always get the shitty end of the stick" story. Seems like he always talks about himself in the 3rd person as well.

retailguy
03-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Maybe we should look at re-signing Ahmad Carroll. We can get him for a second round pick.... :roll:

MadtownPacker
03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Many WRs refer to themselves in the 3rd person, even Favre does it. I think Horn is getting the dissed. I wouldnt mind him for a 2 year deal. Plus he knows M3s offense.

Fritz
03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Fritz thinks it's worth a short term deal. Much better than giving up a draft pick for R. Moss.

Rastak
03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Many WRs refer to themselves in the 3rd person, even Favre does it. I think Horn is getting the dissed. I wouldnt mind him for a 2 year deal. Plus he knows M3s offense.

Rastak doesn't dig that thrid person crap.

retailguy
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Rastak doesn't dig that thrid person crap.

Retailguy doesn't either, but Retailguy did think that the cell phone thing from a couple of years ago was pretty funny. Retailguy doesn't like New Orleans though, Retailguy thinks the Saints should move WITHOUT Joe Horn. :P

red
03-02-2007, 09:07 AM
red thinks ya'll should just stop posting. reds the only poster around here that matters. red does all the work

LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodbuck27
03-02-2007, 09:35 AM
woodbuck27 is thinking, that the only old fart that Ted Thompson is keeping around is Favre.

Guiness
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Ok, the third person thing is creepy. I'd guess the origins come from the gansta culture, which has its origins with Mafia. Racking my brain to remember if Brando and Pacino used the third person to refer to themselves in 'The Godfather'.

Horn has produced solidly for some years. I think his TD numbers were always a bit low, but he got the catches and the yards.

Horn vs. Moss - jeez, tough. I think it is more likely that Horn will be at least somewhat successful wherever he ends up. It's quite possible that Moss will continue his current ways. However, I've always thought of Horn as a possession type guy - and we've got two of those already.

MJZiggy
03-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Choosing between Horn and Moss, I'd take Moss.

I'd be interested to know what Payton's reasoning was behind not playing Horn in that game. I wish we had both sides of this story...

Sparkey
03-02-2007, 10:24 AM

If it was third person, he would not use I or I've when describing things.

red
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
pft is saying some dude from the Minneapolis Star Tribune is saying we're interested in horn

MadtownPacker
03-02-2007, 11:07 AM
If it was third person, he would not use I or I've when describing things.Huh?

El Madtown didnt say Favre does it all the time but he does do it.

MadtownPacker
03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
pft is saying some dude from the Minneapolis Star Tribune is saying we're interested in hornMadtownPacker wont believe it until Joe Arrigo says it. :P

red
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
pft is saying some dude from the Minneapolis Star Tribune is saying we're interested in hornMadtownPacker wont believe it until Joe Arrigo says it. :P

i bet if we go look there right now, we would see at least 1 thread with the title. "joe horn to packers? any news on this joe"

red
03-02-2007, 11:23 AM
let it be know that joe never mentioned any interest the pack had for horn in this mornings rumor page

but he does say the moss trade is a done deal

MacCool606
03-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I found this on another web site:

The Fayetteville Observer reports WR Joe Horn has said won't return to the Saints. “When Sean Payton came here, I promised him I would be the best receiver, the strongest receiver and the best conditioned receiver in the league,” Horn said. “Even after I got hurt, I rehabbed every week, trying to come back. “But even after the best orthopedic doctor in the country said I was ready to play and I practiced twice before the (NFC Championship game) against Chicago, he made the decision not to play me. That’s when I realized that New Orleans wasn’t going to be big enough for both Joe Horn and Sean Payton.” Despite the criticism, Payton and GM Mickey Loomis insisted that Horn’s release was motivated by salary cap restraints. Ralph Vitolo, Horn’s Fayetteville-based agent, said there is already plenty of interest in his client’s services. Among the teams that have already contacted him are the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns and Green Bay Packers. Vitolo said he should have a better idea about Horn’s future within the next week. “Joe is in a great position because there aren’t many receivers of his caliber out there and there are 10 teams with at least $20 million of cap room to maneuver,” Vitolo said. “I know Joe is disappointed because he’s got a bond with the people of New Orleans and it will be there forever. But I don’t think he’ll be a free agent long.” Wherever he goes, Horn said he’s convinced he can still be a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. “I want to go someplace where I can show that I can still put up big numbers and help the football team win,” he said. “I want to go someplace with a head coach who believes in me and an organization that wants me. My age and the injury are not an issue. I know I can still perform and be one of the best receivers in the league.”

retailguy
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/adamschein

Horn needs to pipe down...
Mar 02, 2007 | 9:49AM | report this Joe Horn is flapping his gums a bit too much in the aftermath of the Saints decision to let him go.

League sources have confirmed to us that Horn failed his latest physical with the Saints. Thus, cutting him was a no brainer. In fact, the Saints did want to keep him at a lower number for this year, but Horn refused. And that's strange on 2 fronts; Horn knows he failed his physical and he told Sirius NFL Radio when he signed his extension a few years ago that he knew he would never see the back end of the deal.

Cutting him was a no brainer by Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton.

Maybe it would be wise if Horn stopped trashing the Saints. His loose lips certainly won't be attractive to his next team. And neither will his questionable health.