PDA

View Full Version : Nate Clements to 49ers?

Spaulding
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, free agent Nate Clements has been signed or will soon sign with the San Francisco 49ers. The report comes from Thomas Sorrell.

Overrated anyways. I'd rather see what Blackmon can do at the nickel spot and draft another DB this year.

]{ilr]3
03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
I would rather see an upgrade at the Safety position for the Pack

If this is true I wonder if the 49ers are still in the market for Adalius Thomas? I know they have shit loads of cash, but 2 highend FA would be hard to imagine them blowing there entire wad this early.

Packnut
03-02-2007, 11:34 AM
{ilr]3]I would rather see an upgrade at the Safety position for the Pack

If this is true I wonder if the 49ers are still in the market for Adalius Thomas? I know they have shit loads of cash, but 2 highend FA would be hard to imagine them blowing there entire wad this early.

It's look's like they are intent on shooting their wad with big FA signings. Why not, they have the cash, might as well spend it..........

MadtownPacker
03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
The Niners should worry more about their OL then their D. Alex Smith is gonna end up like Carr the way it is going for him right now.

Spaulding
03-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Initial rumor may be crap (sorry) as now I'm seeing:

ESPN.com has learned that CB Nate Clements has come to terms with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The terms of the contract are undisclosed at this time but, it is believed to be in the $25-$30 million dollar range over the next four years. Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com