PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horn possibly signing with Falcons

Spaulding
03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports the Falcons and free-agent WR Joe Horn's agent, Ralph Vitolo, entered into discussions just after the free-agency period started at 12:01 a.m. Friday, according to Vitolo. While contract talks have not been broached, the sides are trying to set up a visit for Horn so he can meet with the new HC Bobby Petrino and his staff, Vitolo said. That meeting could come this weekend. "We're not sure where it's going yet," Vitolo said. "They were the first team I spoke with. He'd be a perfect fit with those young guys. You team him with TE Alge Crumpler and QB Michael Vick and he might be the ingredient that helps them get to the Super Bowl. We are very interested and they seem to be too."

No loss there. A good receiver but nothing that Driver doesn't already do for us. We need the vertical threat that Moss brings or that CJ, Meachem or Ginn would bring in the draft.

That being said, I'd still like to see LeRon Laundry if he somehow drops to #16. That or trading down and taking a Michael Bush in the 2nd round rather than Lynch in the 1st.

pbmax
03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
PFT tagged Horn as someone the Packers had called. Wonder if he had other visits scheduled?

imscott72
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
PFT tagged Horn as someone the Packers had called. Wonder if he had other visits scheduled?

I dont care for Horn. Seems to be more about himself more so than the other players are. Very doubtful he'd play in the freezing temps after playing indoors.