PDA

View Full Version : Is all this Moss talk BS?

Bossman641
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Despite continued speculation about Oakland and Green Bay having contact regarding a trade of disgruntled Raiders receiver Randy Moss, a source close to the situation said no team -- Green Bay included -- has called to inquire about Moss. There is no timetable driving any potential trade of Moss, the source said, because the Raiders don't owe Moss any offseason bonus of any kind. While Oakland is still thought to be open to moving Moss, any attempt to do is said to be in the "embryonic stages.''

Source

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/01/broncos.lions.trade/index.html

packers11
03-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't see them holding on to Moss... Even if its not with the pack, i just don't see him staying with the raiders... If they keep him, they are stupid, HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE THERE...

I see them getting Garcia and then draft Calvin... Therefor there would be no need for Moss...

imscott72
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
They'll definitely move him. They're just holding out for a 1st...It might take several weeks or more, but he'll be playing elsewhere when the season starts. It's as close to a lock as you can get.

red
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
he doesn't want to be there, he won't talk to them, and he won't play for them

and if they keep him, he'll cost them 11.5 million against the cap this year

and they need cap space

if they can't trade him, they'll probably end up cutting him and getting nothing

pbmax
03-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Al Davis also said publicly that no one as called. But as others have mentioned, Al would be interested in driving up the price.

LL2
03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
a source close to the situation said no team -- Green Bay included -- has called to inquire about Moss. There is no timetable driving any potential trade of Moss, the source said,
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/01/broncos.lions.trade/index.html

Well, this isn’t exactly a surprise. TT holds his cards close to his chest and isn’t going to show anyone his hand. TT is going to sit back and wait until he can get a deal done on his terms or no deal. He certainly will think that this is no loss if it doesn’t happen. My think is that TT knows how to put fear of loss in the other persons mind when it comes to negotiating better than anyone.

woodbuck27
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
a source close to the situation said no team -- Green Bay included -- has called to inquire about Moss. There is no timetable driving any potential trade of Moss, the source said,

Well, this isn’t exactly a surprise. TT holds his cards close to his chest and isn’t going to show anyone his hand. TT is going to sit back and wait until he can get a deal done on his terms or no deal. He certainly will think that this is no loss if it doesn’t happen. My think is that TT knows how to put fear of loss in the other persons mind when it comes to negotiating better than anyone.

Yup.

Ted Thompson's 'the magic man'.

retailguy
03-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Wish I shared your view, but I don't. I don't think there is any MAGIC there. The option at the other end of the spectrum is more likely. He's not negotiating with anyone and he doesn't really care if he signs anyone or not.

I vote for option #2.