PDA

View Full Version : Did Henderson Retire?

packinpatland
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Was just reading an article about Fan Fest. They list William Henderson with the Super Bowl XXXI players, and not with the current players that will be attending.
Has he retired?

SkinBasket
03-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Latest word is that his agent hasn't heard from the Pack, indicating they aren't terribly interested in him returning to the team. If nothing else works before the start of camp, they might bring him back, but it's no secret GB has been trying to find a replacement for years now.

BallHawk
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I have the utmost respect for Henderson, but he needs to hang 'em up. We'll see him in other things, though. I look forward to him exposing the ESPN clowns for a long time.

SkinBasket
03-02-2007, 03:14 PM
He was good on the draft coverage last year. Definitely an upgrade from 90% of the ex-player turned commentators out there.

Rastak
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
I have the utmost respect for Henderson, but he needs to hang 'em up. We'll see him in other things, though. I look forward to him exposing the ESPN clowns for a long time.

If he works for ESPN he will actually then "BE" an ESPN clown.....

8) 8) 8)

BallHawk
03-02-2007, 03:26 PM

If he works for ESPN he will actually then "BE" an ESPN clown.....

8) 8) 8)

No, it's-it's not possible...No :shock:

CaliforniaCheez
03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Henderson signed a 2 year contract last year.
He is a member of the Packers under contract.
He has not been cut.
No news is good news.

Edit:

Miree is on the roster as well. If the Packers add an FB it does not mean Henderson is gone. In competition for a roster special teams play can be a deciding factor. Henderson does well on those.

SkinBasket
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
From this link, posted today (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=572372):

A source also said the Packers had expressed interest in Baltimore's Ovie Mughelli, the best blocking fullback. If, as expected, Mughelli lands a big contract from another team, the Packers might well turn to Justin Griffith, Atlanta's starter from 2003-'06.

In the meantime, 36-year-old William Henderson's future in Green Bay remains in limbo. Agent Butch Williams said the Packers had given him no indication if they want another year from Henderson.