PDA

View Full Version : Some questions I need answered!

No Mo Moss
03-31-2006, 12:22 AM
:shock:

First of all what the hell happened that pissed off barnabas so bad. I was under the impression that was a temp site from the beginning. What happened?

Second thing. I've been in IM contact with many of you about making our site the best packer message board out there as well as offering other cool things that I as well as other people are working on. My question is this. IMO we should have a more is merrier approach. I think it would be best if we could get everyone from JSO as well as Packerchatters to defect to our new and incredibly awesome site when it is ready (no real hurry, better to do it right). We could distinguish ourselves as the originals somehow with a title or avatar, we've earned that, but can we protect ourselves from a hacking repeat of JSO if we become that popular?

I welcome people to IM me if they would prefer to discuss plans in private.

COOL :razz: :shock:

Mr. T
03-31-2006, 12:25 AM
:shock:

First of all what the hell happened that pissed off barnabas so bad. I was under the impression that was a temp site from the beginning. What happened?

Nobody knows for sure really. The consensus seems to be that someone emailed UNF and told him that we were bad mouthing him over here (which of course we weren't). But that's just hearsay at this point.

Second thing. I've been in IM contact with many of you about making our site the best packer message board out there as well as offering other cool things that I as well as other people are working on. My question is this. IMO we should have a more is merrier approach. I think it would be best if we could get everyone from JSO as well as Packerchatters to defect to our new and incredibly awesome site when it is ready (no real hurry, better to do it right). We could distinguish ourselves as the originals somehow with a title or avatar, we've earned that, but can we protect ourselves from a hacking repeat of JSO if we become that popular?

I welcome people to IM me if they would prefer to discuss plans in private.

COOL :razz: :shock:

There are many people, myself included, who are on board with you. Talk to Jack's Smirking Revenge, HH, MTP, Harv, .....

No Mo Moss
03-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Well any of you guy sfeel free to chime in.

I've got a really cool thing I'm working on.

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 12:31 AM
Well any of you guy sfeel free to chime in.

I've got a really cool thing I'm working on.

Yes, we've been discussing some of this. No conclusions yet, but I'd agree we better have it done before we roll out to the masses.

Bretsky
03-31-2006, 12:32 AM
From my vantage point, if a competitive Packer forum was started there was going to be bad feelings.

Maybe it was listed as a temporary site, but in reality I'm sure UN felt like he did us a great service, which he did, and wanted us to stick around for a long time. This was quite easy to see coming.

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 06:55 AM
What kind of cool thing NoMo?

Harlan Huckleby
03-31-2006, 07:17 AM

Well, there obviously was a general feeling of betrayal, abandonment.

But also he specifically alleged that I decieved him about my intentions. Sorry for being tedious, but I want to get some facts on the table:

1. At outset, I told UNF that my intention for this forum was as a private discussion area, a replacement for all the emailing that was going on during the hacker attacks. I stuck to this priority, generally advocated keeping football talk at CE.

2. I also told him, right at the get go, that other people were going to want to talk about creating or moving to a new public site. And for this reason, he should not be a member, so that people could speak freely about their feelings about CE.

3. After a couple weeks, I temporarily gave UNF my username and password so he could have a look at the forum. This was a goodwill gesture on my part, so UNF had an idea of what we were up to.

4) A couple week after this, I notified UPN that we would be having a referendum in the coming month on opening a public forum. UPN responded blandly to the PM.

5) Yesterday, UPN sees that the site is very advanced, with a football forum already in place. (Although the site has not yet been publicly announced)
UPN accuses me of misleading him, acting secretively, stabbing him in the back.

Bretsky
03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
HH,

for what it's worth I don't think anybody in here would question your honesty regarding all of this.

Cheers,
B

Deputy Nutz
03-31-2006, 09:08 AM
I think Harlan is a liar,
his pants hang on a telephone wire

UNF took it on the chin. I am sorry, people like us just can't conform to the Christian value system at the Christian-Encourager.

I ran my mouth about UNF, and maybe that was a bit backhanded, but I didn't say anything here that I didn't say to him.

KYPack
03-31-2006, 09:54 AM
HH,

for what it's worth I don't think anybody in here would question your honesty regarding all of this.

Cheers,
B

UNF really saved our bacon during the "Hacker wars" with the CE site.

That said, he was a total jerk in the way he pulled the plug on CE in mid-stream.

HH was a savvy dude in helping to found this site & I'd like to thank the bum for doing so.

This place feels like home, & I'd just like to say Fuck for old times sake.

No Mo Moss
03-31-2006, 10:24 AM

I'm planning on doing a web tv show about the packers. It will be funny, but also newsworthy. It will air once a month during the offseason and weekly during the season. I'm building a set right now and a website to go with it, but I want the message board to link to it as well so there's some things that need to be figured out. I am meeting with a production guy tuesday and will know more after that. Sound good?

:idea:

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Phenomenal!

woodbuck27
03-31-2006, 01:33 PM
HH,

Cheers,
B

Maan I just plain n' simple hate, really hate - moving! :mrgreen:

Nowww . . . I'd like to see some movements with my next reference.

Go Packers!

GoPackGo
03-31-2006, 01:39 PM

I'm planning on doing a web tv show about the packers. It will be funny, but also newsworthy. It will air once a month during the offseason and weekly during the season. I'm building a set right now and a website to go with it, but I want the message board to link to it as well so there's some things that need to be figured out. I am meeting with a production guy tuesday and will know more after that. Sound good?

Waynes World part II :roll:

No Mo Moss
03-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Waynes World part II :roll:

With better hair and no musical talent.
Party On! Funny that's what someone else told me.

billy_oliver880
03-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I am just glad I don't have to bounce around to 3 different forums.

swede
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
I make it a habit to check in at C-E first thing when I get online, and I was concerned to see the C-E Packer Forum down. This thread confirms my "oh-oh" thought that the forum had been pulled over hard feelings.

If the world were a perfect place JSO would have upgraded their software and servers to accommodate the traffic and LJ wouldn't have appeared and gone nuclear on Michelle, Smirk and others.

C-E was kind to us. I would have continued to pop in had they stuck with us.

To misquote Garth, I'm lucky to have friends in low places. My loyalties--GB Packer chatwise--are here.

swede
03-31-2006, 05:13 PM

Now that says in 14 words what I tried to say in about 100.

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Concise, perhaps not, but eloquent nonetheless.

billy_oliver880
03-31-2006, 05:23 PM

Now that says in 14 words what I tried to say in about 100.

Everyone has their own way....you said it just as...good??? or well? HAHA.