PDA

View Full Version : Poll of the day

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 04:21 PM
COSIDERING HIS OFFSEASON, DO YOU THINK TED THOMPSON HONESTLY WANTS BRETT FAVRE TO RETURN ?

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 05:19 PM
I do think TT wants Favre to return for another couple of years. However, TT has a long-term plan, and he's not going to deviate from it just to please Favre.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Even if he did want Rodgers to be the man, he's not foolish enough to get rid of the QB that still gives him the best chance to win and that the fans still idolize.

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
I have a general comment on the "Yes, but he doesn't want to overspend"

I'm no brain scientist, but the time has come to realize that Green Bay is not a major city players want to flock to.

So if we think TT is going to be successful in free agency year after year finding bargain players, or paying fair market value, as fans say, we're going to suck for a long time.

Effective players are worth what the market will bear. Nothing wrong with overpaying a little for a guy, per se, if the player is effective.

How many people actually thought Kampman was worth 5MIL per year before this offseason started ? But in this market he is.

So are a number of others teams have floated serious money at.

I get a kick out of so many yahoos saying...........he overspent........for that guy.

Well gentleman, the market has changed. And if we are going to focus on getting "bargains" instead of getting the "right players", we're heading for some very frustrating times and a slow rebuilding process through several high draft picks seasons in a row.

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Nick, your polls are like Mad TV skits.

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Nick, your polls are like Mad TV skits.

Thanks i try

Tarlam!
04-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Can we slash TT's tires yet?

ROTFLMAO!!