PDA

View Full Version : Thomas is a patriot

red
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
from rotoworld

Report: Pats agree to terms with Adalius Thomas

The Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have agreed to terms with DE/LB Adalius Thomas. He still has to pass a physical Saturday.
The Patriots last made a big free agent splash with Rosevelt Colvin, another edge rusher. New England may be the one team who can utilize Thomas' various skills even more creatively than Baltimore. The 29-year-old will give the Patriots more options with their multiple formations and bolsters weak spot on the defense. Mike Vrabel could play inside more often now. Mar. 2 - 8:01 pm et
Source: Boston Herald

----------------

must be wrong, they don't sign big name free agents :wink:

pittstang5
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
But the guy on Packer Chatters said that Thomas was going to be a Packer :wink:

I'm so confused!

red
03-02-2007, 08:01 PM

I'm so confused!

we all are pittstang

we all are

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I bet this guy got a boatload of money.

gbpackfan
03-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Thomas is a good fit for the Patriots. Great fit for any 3-4 team. I like Jenkins at DE on running downs and KGB on passing downs. We can get after the QB. This has no meaning to me.

red
03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I bet this guy got a boatload of money.

i don't think theres any doubt about that

unless he gave the pats a discount for being so good

BallHawk
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Can't say I'm in ruins because of this.

Tony Oday
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I just heard that they are pursuing him and are close to signing him.

red
03-02-2007, 09:22 PM
they have an agreement, but nothing has been signed yet

pft thinks this thing could fall apart

THOMAS DEAL COMING?

John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have struck a "preliminary deal" with free-agent linebacker Adalius Thomas.

But we sense a certain uneasy quality about the report, and it lacks the same unequivocal feel that most reports of player signings posses. If that makes any sense.

We're not saying it won't happen. But, for now, we're not completely convinced that it will.

falco
03-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Either way, it would appear obvious that GB is not in the running...for Thomas or any other big name FA at this point.

Bretsky
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
if it happens a HUGE heist for a team in NE that is already real dam good

falco
03-02-2007, 09:45 PM
if it happens a HUGE heist for a team in NE that is already real dam good

I agree Bretsky; I'm not sure who the Pats have lost this year, but for a team that was only a game away from the superbowl last year this is a move that could springboard them back again...hell, they're a contender automatically even without Thomas.

b bulldog
03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
This was an obvious move. They will utilize his talents as well as anyone in the league. Now they need a WR or two.

cheesner
03-03-2007, 02:23 AM

I'm so confused!

Be fair. Arrigo said the Packers would contact him at 12:01 am and pursue him with a great offer.

Of course the next day he said the Pack wasn't interested in him because he wanted too much money.

Talk about covering your bases.

Fritz
03-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I think Arrigo's usually right.

Fritz
03-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I think Arrigo's usually wrong.

KYPack
03-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah , this is a good fit. Thomas needed a team that could move him around, preferably a 3-4 team.

I really didn't feel he could help us. He's not an every down RDE and we might not need one anyhow. At LB, he's a similar guy to Popp. He is a little better at coverage a S than Manual, maybe we cudda used him there.

b bulldog
03-03-2007, 09:59 AM
tHIS ISN'T OFFICIAL YET FROM WHAT i'VE BEN READING

BallHawk
03-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah , this is a good fit. Thomas needed a team that could move him around, preferably a 3-4 team.

I really didn't feel he could help us. He's not an every down RDE and we might not need one anyhow. At LB, he's a similar guy to Popp. He is a little better at coverage a S than Manual, maybe we cudda used him there.

He's a lot better than Brady, but for what he was worth, we were better of without him.

He will thrive in the Patriots defense.

BooHoo
03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Has Green Bay brought anyone in for a look?????

swede
03-03-2007, 01:07 PM
NE getting Thomas is like when your sister got an awesome present for Christmas, like a new Barbie van.

You didn't want one but you're jealous anyways.