PDA

View Full Version : SkinBasket's Famous friends

SkinBasket
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
The Skinbasket has just realized while watching the Mil/Tor NBA game that the head coach of the Toronto Raptors, Sam Mitchell, used to work out with the SkinBasket whence he lived in Milwaukee. It was a little uncomfortable when the SkinBasket would be elliptically training alone whilst watching BET (Black Entertainment Television) and Sam, who is a smart black man, would walk in to elliptical train as well, but that didn't stop us from greeting each other. Tim Thomas used to frequent the building as well and the SkinBasket would chide him about how many cheeseburgers he had in his bag. We also greeted Sam Cassell while at our favorite drinking establishment. Add to that the Buck's trainer, who was in our pregnancy class, and the Skinbasket may as well put on a Buck's uniform.

the Skinbasket does not like famous people. They make him feel "lesser than."

MadtownPacker
03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Dont feel bad man, I think youre "lesser then" everyone here too.

BallHawk
03-02-2007, 08:36 PM
On a related note, the Bucks have won 3 straight. Hooray!

Double-Doubles for 'Drew and CV. Nice.

SkinBasket
03-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks Madtown. You really know how to cheer a drunk up.

Anyway, I've never been one of those celeb people. Even when we met Patrick Swayse I just kinda thought he was a short dude and he might be a little queer, but in a nice way. I get a little annoyed at people who gawk and point at people who are on TV. It's just not nice. Although I did do just that to Tommy Thompson when he was our gov. I'm sure he appreciated the attention, since we were in Madison afterall, where he is considered the devil incarnate. I was drunk and even the superfeminazi lesbian who was with us couldn't help but smile when the old dog smiled and said hello on his way out the Tornado Room.

Bretsky
03-02-2007, 08:57 PM

That sucks; that team is going NOWHERE and desperately needs one more legit player.

I was hoping they'd pack the season in and get a top 5 pick

BallHawk
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM

That sucks; that team is going NOWHERE and desperately needs one more legit player.

More than likely we will. Remember, our coach is Terry Stotts.

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
The Skin is entertaining.

the_idle_threat
03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I propose a toast to the Skinbasket ... Packerrats' favorite sack artist. :D

Freak Out
03-03-2007, 01:22 PM
The Skinbasket has just realized while watching the Mil/Tor NBA game that the head coach of the Toronto Raptors, Sam Mitchell, used to work out with the SkinBasket whence he lived in Milwaukee. It was a little uncomfortable when the SkinBasket would be elliptically training alone whilst watching BET (Black Entertainment Television) and Sam, who is a smart black man, would walk in to elliptical train as well, but that didn't stop us from greeting each other. Tim Thomas used to frequent the building as well and the SkinBasket would chide him about how many cheeseburgers he had in his bag. We also greeted Sam Cassell while at our favorite drinking establishment. Add to that the Buck's trainer, who was in our pregnancy class, and the Skinbasket may as well put on a Buck's uniform.

the Skinbasket does not like famous people. They make him feel "lesser than."

These people are famous?

PackerPro42
03-03-2007, 06:48 PM

More than likely we will. Remember, our coach is Terry Stotts.

Well, there's no certainty that we'll get a top 5 pick even if we bomb the rest of the season. The lottery does some crazy stuff and I wouldn't rely on it to much, which is why I'm glad I'm a Cavs fan. Go LeBron.

Joemailman
03-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Once during the intermission of a Bruce Springsteen concert in Chicago, I was using the urinal next to Dave Corzine of the Bulls. I noticed it was him because he was very tall. I took no notice of any of his other physical characteristics.

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
My dad used to sell cadillacs to all of the Bucks of the 1980s. Hell Junior Bridgeman sold his trans am to my aunt. I once worked out with a fat out of shape Brent Moss.

SkinBasket
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
My dad used to sell cadillacs to all of the Bucks of the 1980s. Hell Junior Bridgeman sold his trans am to my aunt. I once worked out with a fat out of shape Brent Moss.

Welcome back nutsack. I didn't know reach-arounds were considered "working out."

Iron Mike
03-04-2007, 07:10 PM
When I was stationed at the Presidio of Monterey, I saw Clint Eastwood gassing up his vehicle in Carmel once.
I said "Hey, Clint" and he waved.

http://www.dvdreview.com/fullreviews/Images/PlayMistyForMe/PlayMistyForMe4.jpg
We didn't have secks, tho.......and I didn't try to stab him. Nope.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I was standing across from Lambeau in the mid-90s for mini-camp. There wasn't anybody else around, and Ron Wolf came strolling across the street. I told him not to get run over. I also talked to him at a shareholder's meeting a couple of years later. I asked him a question about Edgar Bennett, and he told me "good question" and proceeded to answer. I felt like a football genius.
:D

No, I wasn't stalking him. Amazing who you can run into in Green Bay--like Irv Favre, Don Majkowski, and others.

Iron Mike
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I used to live in De Pere and in the early 80s, you could always find some Packers hanging out at Nicky's Bar on Main Street.

I had Jan Stenerud pour me a beer one time.....and he didn't even make me pay!!! :worship:

Joemailman
03-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I once went to a packer game and saw Brett Favre there. I yelled "Hey Brett", but he didn't hear me because I was in row 62.

Iron Mike
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I once went to a packer game and saw Brett Favre there. I yelled "Hey Brett", but he didn't hear me because I was in row 62.

Well, did you try showing him your boobs??? :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
03-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Marques Johnson used to run with my high school bball team. His cousin Byron was playing for us. Tyrone always asked if he would share the blow. Marques never did. Marques was a bastard.

Partial
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I saw screech at pick and save once. No joke.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM
David Meyers knocked on my door and tried to convert me to Jehovah's witness.

SkinBasket
03-06-2007, 12:29 PM

I saw Screech sucking cock for a quarter in the Port Washington Burger King bathroom.

It wasn't too bad and I didn't need the change anyway.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM

I saw Screech sucking cock for a quarter in the Port Washington Burger King bathroom.

It wasn't too bad and I didn't need the change anyway.

Same thing happened to me, but at Kopps. Bought him a small cone afterwards.

mraynrand
03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Brush with fame?
I met George Schultz in the 90's. asked him if he wanted my job. He declined.

Talked with Kevin Kronin (sp?) of REO Speedwagon at a benefit concert in 2000. We talked up the world series of rock. he seemed to think County Stadium was pretty cool. Didn't know the Packers stopped playing there.

Met Mark Eaton at a Jiffy Lube. Guy was almost taller than me - and he was sitting down.

Met James Watson. Total prima donna. Crick deserve the Nobel. Franklin deserved the Nobel (wasn't elgible due to cancer death). even Wilkins deserved the Nobel. Watson deserved a swift kick in the shnuts.

Coolest Nobel Laureate ever: John Sulston. Guy once was supposed to present a poster at a meeting, but all he had was one slide. So he taped the slide to a window and actually tried to show people the data on the slide, using the sunlight shining through. best presentation of the meeting. everyone who he talked to looked like they were at a peep show, trying to see the data on one slide.

K-town
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Let's see...
Met Ray Nitschke at Tenuta's in Kenosha in the early 1970s (1973?).
Met Dennis Deyoung from Styx (Eek. Yeah, I know).
And JOE THEISMAN.
He was at the Venetian in Las Vegas last Saturday, at the Gordie Brown show. I wanted to sneak up behind him, snap a breadstick in half and yell "Lawrence Taylor." But cooler and wiser heads prevailed.
Dammit.

HarveyWallbangers
03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Met Kirby Puckett. He was cool.

Accidentally, walked right through the middle of a Kevin Garnett commercial shoot in the City Center in downtown Minneapolis. He wasn't happy. It was at the end of the day, so I assumed it was a long shoot.

Met plenty of Packers in Green Bay--usually during training camp or mini-camp.

Had some beers with former Hawkeye basketball players Les Jepsen and Roy Marble in Fargo.

Greeted the Bulls coming off their team bus in Seattle during the championship series back in the day. Standing three feet away from Michael Jordan was like standing next to the President. I was actually nervous. Toni Kukoc was cool.

Got to talk to Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, and Calvin Murphy when I officiated some charity events for the NBA All-Star weekend when it was in Minneapolis. Challenged Murphy to a 3 point shooting contest. This was back in the day when I could knock down college 3-pointers like they were 5 footers. That same year I played some dude for money in a 3 point contest. He knocked down 33 of 50 college three-pointers. He lost $10--as I knocked down 43 of 50. Anyways. Murphy accepted. We shot from NBA 3 point range--which I wasn't accustomed too. We both made 3 of 5. We went to a tiebreaker. We both made the first shot. I missed the second one. He made it. I lost.

GBRulz
03-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I've met and have hung out with many of the players. Living in GB, it's small, people know people who know someone else, etc. Most people don't think of the players as celebrities. Ok, Brett doesn't count :twisted:

Two of my very good friends run a top salon in Nashville, so I've got to chat with a bunch of country people, such as Faith Hill, Naomi Judd and Tim McGraw.

I can't stand country music now, but I loved it in my early 20's. I knew a DJ from a local station and he hooked me up to go to lunch with Tanya Tucker , that was cool.

I had a meet in greet with Aerosmith before, too. By far my fav "famous encounter" in my life!

K-town
03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Must have had a brain cramp.
How could I forget this?
I met Sammy Hagar last summer.
A great guy, very down-to-earth and funny.
And really short.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 01:26 AM
You know Smitch?! Awesome..I would think he has to be in the running for NBA coach of the year..Avery will probably win it, but Smitch really has his Raptors playing at a much higher level than expected..Of course, they did trade for TJ Ford this offseason, I'm convinced that has something to do with it.. 8)

Partial
03-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Got to talk to Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, and Calvin Murphy when I officiated some charity events for the NBA All-Star weekend when it was in Minneapolis. Challenged Murphy to a 3 point shooting contest. This was back in the day when I could knock down college 3-pointers like they were 5 footers. That same year I played some dude for money in a 3 point contest. He knocked down 33 of 50 college three-pointers. He lost $10--as I knocked down 43 of 50. Anyways. Murphy accepted. We shot from NBA 3 point range--which I wasn't accustomed too. We both made 3 of 5. We went to a tiebreaker. We both made the first shot. I missed the second one. He made it. I lost.

Elaborate? You are a certified ref?

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 09:57 AM
I worked as an official for the intramural sports department at the University of Minnesota. The top two basketball refs in the department got the priviledge of officiating some charity events at the Target Center for the NBA All-Star weekend when it was in Minnesota.

I would have loved to work as on official or sports writer, but both seemed like careers like acting where it's a longshot to make it to the big-time--even if you are very good. I took the security of programming instead. Wish I would have went for it now. As one of the top two football referees in the department, I actually had the opportunity to go to an NFL official's camp in Louisiana, but I left school before the camp took place.

Partial
03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
You seem like an incredibly interesting guy Harv!

Partial
03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070312