PDA

View Full Version : MOSS UPDATE! NEW RUMOR - Moss closer to becoming a Packer?

gbpackfan
03-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Here is another rumor from Packerchatters.com. Some guy named Randolph Hiedler. I heard about a year ago that he is Arrigo. I don't know. He is one of their "insiders." Fun read.

It appears that trade talks have picked up. Randy Moss is most likely going to be a Green Bay Packer. From what I have been told is that Favre wanted to see if Ted Thompson was going to be aggressive with improving the teams talent, before he made his decision to return. That is why we have been hearing about the Moss situation weeks before the Super Bowl.
The reason why the organization wanted Favre to return is to provide another year for Ingle Martin to develop and challenge Aaron Rodgers for the starting position. The method being used is to grow a QB rather than fall into the endless journeyman trap which many teams have fallen victim to.
I also hear that they will be trying to get Moss into Green Bay soon to start negotiations. Look for him to receive a deal similar to that of Charles Woodson’s.
I have heard that we should be hearing about a safety coming into Green Bay for a visit soon. Right now I don’t have the details. But once I have them, I will let you all know.

Bretsky
03-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I enjoy reading Packerchatters rumors, but sometimes I just laugh.

We heard GB will be bringing in a S soon. Thanks guys.

Anyways I'm no the Moss train.

Trade Rodgers for Moss
Draft John Stocco so Harvey and Bull have to cheer for a Badger :wink:

red
03-02-2007, 10:30 PM
don't believe a word this guy says. he is completely full of shit

this was the biggest joke on that site

he was never right about anything. at least never right about anything he didn't just steal of another site

this is a guy that had joined packerchatters for awhile and was just making worthless posts. then all of a sudden out of the blue he had a connection to everyone and knew inside info on everything, and was always wrong

i talked to the mods about him, and they knew he was a joke too, but without any solid proof their wasn't much they could do

i actually got into a pM war with arrigo over this guy

we'll bring in a undrafted saftey in 6 months and he will come in and say. SEE, i told you guys this would happen

Chubbyhubby
03-02-2007, 10:40 PM
I read today that there is a rumor about the Packers trading Aarron Rodgers for Moss. If thats the case Aarron Rodgers has lost the coaches and might be another 1st round bust.

red
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I read today that there is a rumor about the Packers trading Aarron Rodgers for Moss. If thats the case Aarron Rodgers has lost the coaches and might be another 1st round bust.

this rumor came out a day or two ago

TT has said he will not comment on the moss rumor. but did say rodgers is not being shopped

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2007, 10:47 PM
There's no chance in hell that Thompson promised Favre anything. Nor should he. It was pretty obvious Brett was going to return anyways. $10M, records, can still play, young team that finished strong.

DannoMac21
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
I heard some rumor that we landed on the moon...

falco
03-02-2007, 11:52 PM

this rumor came out a day or two ago

TT has said he will not comment on the moss rumor. but did say rodgers is not being shopped

Actually, he said Rodgers was not being "actively" shopped. Meaning that they're not trying to move Rodgers, but not ruling out that he could be traded.

motife
03-03-2007, 06:56 AM
I heard some rumor that we landed on the moon...

does that mean you do believe in the rumors or you don't?

because that one's not exactly baseless.

I remember celebrating that our new coach was Jim Bates, he'd been hired and was filling out his staff.

"Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed."

http://www.kidscosmos.org/kid-stuff/graphics/lunar-land-1.jpg

the_idle_threat
03-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Ben Franklin famously campaigned for the national symbol of the United States to be the turkey rather than the bald eagle. I'm glad the effort failed.

"The Turkey has landed" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

packrulz
03-03-2007, 07:22 AM
I don't really believe it, TT has always been pretty frugal and I can't see him dishing out $8-10 mil/yr for a loudmouth like Moss. I'm torn about him, he has loads of talent but is he going to give up on plays when things aren't going well? Is he going to bitch at Favre on the sidelines when Brett doesn't throw him the ball? I don't like giving up high draft picks and there is a lot of good WR's in this years draft. New Orleans drafted Marques Colston in the 7th round with the 252nd pick in the draft last year for cryin' out loud. If TT & co do their homework they can draft another good WR like Jennings, screw Moss.

Fritz
03-03-2007, 09:17 AM
packrulz, we often disagree, but here we completely agree. Moss is, at best, a one or two year solution, and one that is dubious at best. If you draft a kid in the third or fourth round, you hold up his development with Moss in the picture. And Moss will not get this team to the Super Bowl. He's a guy you pick up if you're one player away.

BallHawk
03-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I'm sure TT can't wait to throw Ingle Martin out onto the playing field. :roll: Do people actually believe this guy?

packers11
03-03-2007, 10:33 AM
If in fact this trade is going "through"... When do you think it will happen??? Now ? So the raiders can free up some CAP... Or on Draft day like Javon Walker???

motife
03-03-2007, 10:41 AM
If in fact this trade is going "through"... When do you think it will happen??? Now ? So the raiders can free up some CAP... Or on Draft day like Javon Walker???

Moss's status will be resolved by draft day or Al Davis is an idiot.

Moss will not be with the Raiders in 2007, unless they want a complete meltdown.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Moss will not be with the Raiders in 2007, unless they want a complete meltdown.

I agree, and I don't think the packers should rush it either because his price will go down once they see no one wants him.

Charles Woodson
03-03-2007, 11:40 AM
On the Sidelines
March 2, 2007
Written by Joe Arrigo - PackerChatters Staff

I was told by a 3rd party that the Packers and Raiders have agreed to compensation on a deal for Randy Moss.

It would be for the Packers 3rd round pick, a player (possibly Robert Ferguson) and a conditional pick next year (no higher then a 2nd). I am not saying it is true, because I got it through a 3rd party (which is a pretty reliable source)...so we shall wait and see.

I was told if the Moss deal goes down, the Packers would wait and see who is there at #16 and if they don't like what the see, or feel they can get that player a few spots back, they will trade pick to get back the pick(s) they gave up for Moss.

motife
03-03-2007, 11:41 AM

I agree, and I don't think the packers should rush it either because his price will go down once they see no one wants him.

according to FOX Sports, Jacksonville is not interested. the Boston Herald says the Patriots aren't interested in Moss either.

motife
03-03-2007, 11:43 AM
On the Sidelines
March 2, 2007

I was told by a 3rd party that the Packers and Raiders have agreed to compensation on a deal for Randy Moss.

It would be for the Packers 3rd round pick, a player (possibly Robert Ferguson) and a conditional pick next year (no higher then a 2nd). I am not saying it is true, because I got it through a 3rd party (which is a pretty reliable source)...so we shall wait and see.

I was told if the Moss deal goes down, the Packers would wait and see who is there at #16 and if they don't like what the see, or feel they can get that player a few spots back, they will trade pick to get back the pick(s) they gave up for Moss.

I guarantee you, the Packers will not give more than a 3rd round pick period for Moss.

oregonpackfan
03-03-2007, 11:46 AM
The day that the Packers acquire Randy Moss is the day I will begin wailing and gnashing of my teeth! :(

Bretsky
03-03-2007, 11:49 AM
On the Sidelines
March 2, 2007

I guarantee you, the Packers will not give more than a 3rd round pick period for Moss.

Completely agree; unless it's the Fraud. He doesn't count..lol

falco
03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Why can't Moss be more than a one or two year answer?

I agree, he has severe risks, and his contract should be structured that we can release him after 2 years if need be (preferably after one).

But both him and Donald Driver are both around 30. Both of them appear to be well conditioned athletes; many receivers are able to play without a major dropoff into their mid-30s. If Moss cleans up his act, and thats a HUGE if, they could be our starting two receivers for the next 4-5 years. Having those two could also ease the transition in for Favre's successor.

Of course, if Randy acts up then yes, the whole thing does go to shit.

MacCool606
03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I just hope when all is said and done (assuming that Moss doesn't become a Packer) that we find out if this was actually going on, or if it was all a bunch of BS.

BooHoo
03-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Ben Franklin famously campaigned for the national symbol of the United States to be the turkey rather than the bald eagle. I'm glad the effort failed.

"The Turkey has landed" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

You mean we really did land on the moon and a FA safety will be visiting Green Bay soon?

GrnBay007
03-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Depending on who you believe, Randy Moss seems destined to be a member of the Green Bay Packers in 2007. An Oakland radio station (KNBR-680/1050) confirmed a report this morning with PackerReport.com that the Packers and Raiders are in "serious negotiations" regarding a trade for Moss. Oh, really? However, PackerReport.com has learned, that the Packers have yet to contact the Raiders about Moss. This came from a source within the Raiders organization. Scout.com senior writer Adam Caplan also said today that the Packers will contact the Raiders about Moss but haven't yet. Moss has made it known that he wants out of Oakland, and fans in the Bay area want him out. Green Bay and Jacksonville reportedly are two teams with the most interest in Moss.
Posted March 02, by Ben Maller

Lurker64
03-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I have two leading theories.

1) This is all just "pre-draft talk" and nothing anybody from a football organization says is true. There'll be discussions, nobody will admit them, and Moss won't move until draft day (when all the cards are laid on the table) in a seemingly "out of nowhere" trade gets him in the middle of the draft, a la our trade for Walker.

2) Like Achilles and the tortoise, the Packers inch incrementially closer to signing Moss, but never actually manage to sign him.