PDA

View Full Version : What's Up with David Martin??

Fritz
03-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Here's a guy who gets hurt annually - as predictable as the sunrise - yet his agent is "coy" about the interest Martin supposedly has received.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Dave - you'll probably get hurt from it.

b bulldog
03-03-2007, 08:38 AM
I guess Masrtin and the team is a long way apart. He must think he is better than he actually is.

Bub
03-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Martin is just playing the fact that the TEs we have signed are clowns and the market seems pretty thin.

I'd say let him walk too. He had a couple of nice games, but nothing to write home about. I wonder what he's asking for?

CaliforniaCheez
03-03-2007, 09:46 AM
The guy should not have been signed to his last 2 year contract.

I think Donald Lee is better.

There are plenty of actual players that are better.

This guy learned from his mentor Tyrone Davis how to put in the minimum amount of work and still stay on the roster.

If the Packers sign him it should only be for his veteran minimum.

Right now it's rather nice not to have Tyrone Davis Jr. on the roster.

red
03-03-2007, 10:43 AM
i hope to god someone gives him a huge contract and he walks

we might match the deal if its small

Bretsky
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM
i hope to god someone gives him a huge contract and he walks

we might match the deal if its small

Agree; I'm sick the the Fraud and David Martin

Sometimes it's better to just move on and force your GM to bring in somebody better.

esoxx
03-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Martin will probably get a pretty decent contract. Too bad he's so fragile b/c he's the only TE we have that can run well.

I'll be pissed if he signs with a team and stays healthy the whole year. Just watch it happen. :x

falco
03-03-2007, 11:48 AM
2 years ago Donald Lee was awesome; made TT look like a genius for picking him up. He was stretching the field and getting open frequently; if it wasn't for a few drops he would have been a great acquisition.

Last year he disappeared; I think he wasn't get much playing time, but he obviously wasn't impressing MM enough to get some.

imscott72
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I say sign and trade Martin to the Phins for McMichael....Then we keep the 3rd..

The Shadow
03-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I'd like to see the coaching staff resign & really work with Donald Lee.
Before the season I thought he was the best TE on the roster - and then his very disappointing season clouded everything.
Maybe the reps as a starter would screw his head down tighter?

Guiness
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I saw an article somewhere (sportsline?) that had him rated as one of the top available TEs, with the tools to succeed, etc.