PDA

View Full Version : Denver likes Javon

swede
04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
From a Broncos Fan Blog
(which referenced this site: http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html)

04/20...If you read our 04/19 HOT Prospect News and NFL Rumor section yesterday morning the Broncos/Niners trade didn't come as a surprise...in yesterdays column we pointed out that the Broncos were on the verge of being involved in a pre-draft trade in which they would acquire Packers WR Javon Walker...the trade didn't exactly play out the way it was told to us by our source but the bottom line is the Broncos are now in position to land Walker either before the Draft or on Draft day...it's believed that the Broncos didn't want to surrender either of their first round picks for Walker and their own second round pick (#61) wasn't high enough for the Packers to consider dealing him because the Eagles (another team in the hunt for Walker) had ammunition (a higher pick in the second round #45 overall) to offer the Packers for Javon...another player in the mix for Walker (the Niners) were also said to be interested in him and were considering offering their own second round pick #37 to the Packers for Walker...what the Broncos accomplished in their trade with the Niners on Wednesday was they virtually eliminated the Niners from acquiring Walker because they own both their second and third round picks and they trumped the Eagles by moving ahead of them in the second round and now have a higher pick #37 to offer the Packers for their disgruntled star...all in all...the Broncos and Packers have yet to agree on a deal for Walker... but the ground-work appears to be set for the Broncos to have clear sailing from here on out.

Denver likes him. The 37th pick would suit me just fine!

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Call me selfish but id take a 2nd and a 3rd. :lol: or even both 2nds or ashley lelie and a 2nd. you pick

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I'd take the #37 pick.

They could take Hawk and Joseph, then use the #37 pick to trade down (where there is better value for WRs) to acquire more picks.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 05:32 PM
If we get a second round pick for Walker, I'd be estatic. Getting a high second round pick in this draft is almost as good as a first.

tyler