PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin PackerRats Snow-Shoveling Skills

oregonpackfan
03-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I understand that Wisconsin has been hit by the second large snowstorm in less than a week! Take consolation, fellow PackerRats, in the invaluable Snow-Shoveling skills you have developed.

A couple of years ago, the Portland Metro area received a rare "Heavy" snowfall of about 6 inches.

I went out to shovel my driveway and sidewalk and saw my neighbor across the street shoveling his driveway. He had completed clearing about 1/3 of his pavement area.

I walked over and chatted briefly with him. After the discussion, I went back and began shoveling my own driveway and sidewalk.

Despite the fact that my driveway was larger than my neighbor's, I was finished clearing my area while he was still shoveling. He marveled, "Man, you are one Snow-Shoveling Machine!"

I shot back, "I wasn't born and raised in northern Wisconsin for nothin'!"

So, fellow Wisconsin PackerRats, when you tire of shoveling of the white stuff, just remember that you have a special talent people in other parts of the country don't have! :D

MJZiggy
03-03-2007, 11:46 AM
OK, OPF, you've been deprived of sunshine too long. That was just mean!! :P

ahaha
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm more proud of my snow driving than snow shoveling ability. I didn't miss a day of work through both blizzards, even though I work over 30 miles from home. I'd like to see the look on a native Oregonian's face, riding shotgun, as I drove through a snowstorm like the ones we had.

oregonpackfan
03-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Ahaha,

You bring up a very valid point on Wisconsinites developing good driving skills in the snow. Out here a 2-3" snowfall will literally paralyze the Metro area. Schools, public offices as well as private businesses, close down.

Drivers out here do not have a clue how to drive in the snow. While I still have confidence in my ability to drive in the snow, I am terrified of the other 95% of drivers who do not have those skills.

Those other drivers include native Oregonians, many ex-Californians who have migrated north, and a large number of Hispanic illegals.

GBRulz
03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Trust me, OPF, Wisconsin has their fair share of idiots who don't know how to drive in the snow. You have the people that go 5mph because there is a snowflake on the ground and you have your idiots who still go the speed limit, despite the road resembling a skating rink.

MadtownPacker
03-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Snow shoveling must suck. At leats you dont have to worry about the lawn during that time. :P

Joemailman
03-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Trust me, OPF, Wisconsin has their fair share of idiots who don't know how to drive in the snow. You have the people that go 5mph because there is a snowflake on the ground and you have your idiots who still go the speed limit, despite the road resembling a skating rink.

Which are you? :P

MadtownPacker
03-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Which are you? :PNone.

She is a woman driver so she doesnt know how to drive regardless of weather conditions. :P

MJZiggy
03-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm not touching that...

oregonpackfan
03-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Madtown,

Before we sink into a "Battle Of The Sexes" as to who are the better drivers, you need to talk to a few car insurance agents.

They should unanimously tell you that, according to many statistical charts, women are the safer drivers than men.

GrnBay007
03-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I enjoy shoveling snow at night.....very peaceful.

MJZiggy
03-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Remind me to fly you out here next time we're expecting a big one... :mrgreen:

(I'm just kidding--it would put the kid next door out of business)

Sparkey
03-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Shovel snow? Who does that ?!?!

Thats what snow blowers are for ................. :)

Partial
03-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not touching that...

Thats what she said.

Partial
03-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Shovel snow? Who does that ?!?!

Thats what snow blowers are for ................. :)

Yep, and if it weren't for snow blowers my paycheck would have been a whopping 6 dollars an hour the past two weeks instead of the 16 that it was! Hurray for snow blowers!!!

AtlPackFan
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Snow??? March 3rd??? I was out on my Harley!!! :wink:

swede
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Madtown,

Before we sink into a "Battle Of The Sexes" as to who are the better drivers, you need to talk to a few car insurance agents.

They should unanimously tell you that, according to many statistical charts, women are the safer drivers than men.

Yes, but they CAUSE more accidents. :)