PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Morris to the Pats...

imscott72
03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Pats are really goin at it...

The Patriots have reportedly reached agreement on a contract with former Dolphins running back Sammy Morris.

The Pats, active as ever, have in Morris a versatile vet who'll keep some pressure off Laurence Maroney but not necessarily take goal-line carries. Morris averaged a sound 4.3 yards-per-carry after coming off suspension last season and caught 21 passes. Terms of the deal aren't yet known.
Source: patriots.scout.com

The Patriots are expected to "court" restricted free agent Wes Welker.

Welker, who caught 67 passes in 2006, could take a load off Laurence Maroney in the return game and provide New England with a nice speed-possession target in the slot. He'll cost a second-round pick if signed.
Source: Boston Globe

HarveyWallbangers
03-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Morris is "just a body".

Charles Woodson
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Morris is "just a body".

A body that ran for a 123 yards and caught almost 40 yards against the patriots this year. Hes deffinetly not a starting RB but still has something in him

HarveyWallbangers
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
The guy has been in the league for 7 years and hasn't done much. Three years with more than 100 yards. Career high of 523 yards. Lifetime yards/carry of 3.9. Personally, I don't think he's on the level of Vernand Morency, and I doubt Morency would draw much attention if a team signed him. He's a name that people are familiar with. He'll probably do fine, but I don't think he's a guy that will make much of a difference either way.

packerbacker1234
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
This just strengthen's my statements that the FA pool is crap this year.

The guy has done nothing sense entering the league. A good game every once in awhile is not good enough in the NFL. The Pats are just reaching for help to replace CD.

So this signing means,,,, nothing.

b bulldog
03-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Welker will be signed to an offer sheet. The Pats are probably deciding if they want to have the first year make it a deal that the fish can't match. Remember, the Pats have two first rounders so they can part with their second rounder if Miami doesn't match their deal.

the_idle_threat
03-03-2007, 10:43 PM

The guy has done nothing sense entering the league. A good game every once in awhile is not good enough in the NFL. The Pats are just reaching for help to replace CD.

Unless the guy's name is Noah Herron, no? :P

Sammy Morris is a nobody, but he's still better than Noah Herron. I agree that the FA pool is really poor. :wink:

Bretsky
03-03-2007, 10:46 PM

I agree the FA pool is very poor; last year was the year when TT could have done a lot more.

But just because it's weak does not mean we should not play.

Because there are a ton of upgrades out there to be had for the Packers