PDA

View Full Version : .....Food For Thought

Iron Mike
04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
For those of us who stopped drinking the kool-aid and see the Super Bowl fading fast in the rear-view mirror........

Does anybody remember what happened in Denver at the end of Elway's storied career?? Remember, $ got spent on free agents, etc. Remember where the $ came from??? If you can't recall, Elway had his contract restructured several times before he hung up his spurs, Shannon Sharpe got paid etc., etc., and BOOM--Super Bowl win!!!.

I'm just wondering why with all the talk about Mike Sherman and the cap situation and TT having to come in and clean house, why was Brett never approached and asked to restructure his contract?

Think about it. With the available $$, would it have been possible to keep Wahle, Rivera and Sharper???

If we were approaching the end of Brett's career, would it have made a difference?

I'm not offering my $.02--just wondering what y'all think..... :twisted:

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 06:18 PM
This has been talked to death, but Elway didn't actually take a paycut. He restructured his deal, but still got paid. That was a media story, and it's something that Brett's done a few times in his career.

Also, Elway didn't announce his retirement until May, but that wasn't dissected and ridiculed by the media. Old "horse face" got a free pass from the media his whole career. The media rips Eli Manning for what he did leading up to the 2004 draft, but Elway got his way out Indianapolis in a similar fashion.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 06:23 PM
And Brett has had his contract restructured so that players could be paid. Help me out guys, who got paid off the last restructure?

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 06:45 PM
And Brett has had his contract restructured so that players could be paid. Help me out guys, who got paid off the last restructure?

Probably Joe Johnson and Cletidus Hunt. :evil:

If you do that restructuring too much, you end up with a situation like they have in Tennessee where McNair has a cap figure of 23 million.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks, Joe. That's where I was heading with it. That is part of the stuff that caused Sherman and his cap problems.