PDA

View Full Version : $21.6 mil available

b bulldog
03-04-2007, 01:48 PM
With the way TT goes about locking up players before they hit UFA and during it,(frontloading contracts to keep team viable in future cap structure) I was wondering how much cap room we really have?
1. Green or replacement should be at least $4 per year off the cap. $17.6
2. Redoing Barnetts contract will be at least $5 per year off the cap. $12.6
3. IF we make the trade for Moss, at minimum $5 per year off the cap. $7.6
4. Rookie pool, $5 mil??? $2.6 left
I tried to be conservative on my first year cap hit with the way TT does his signings. Obviously, I know TT could work and contract to make it heavily backloaded but that isn't the way he goes about doing buisness. Feel free tp pick this apart.

RashanGary
03-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Yup,

It can go away in a hurry if you want it too. The talent in teh FA class is avergae and teh salaries are though the roof. What you just showed is the way we'll use our cap without wasting our money.

packers11
03-04-2007, 02:25 PM
interesting... I could see 3.5/4 mill range for green... But shermy will prob give him 10 mill...
bye bye green :(

Brando19
03-04-2007, 02:41 PM
interesting... I could see 3.5/4 mill range for green... But shermy will prob give him 10 mill...
bye bye green :(

Yes...I've said it all along...the Texans will want Green and will offer him alot of money. I just heard the Jets have shown serious interest in Green as well.

esoxx
03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
If the Texans want to way overpay Green you just let them and move on.

Harsh reality of today's NFL. Smart GM's make the hard choice and don't fall in love with players, which Sherman was prone to do.

GrnBay007
03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
If the Texans want to way overpay Green you just let them and move on.

Don't burst my bubble :(

just 45 yards short of an all time Packer record...sign Green!!