PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Davis gets 50 million..

imscott72
03-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Cowboys agreed to terms on a seven-year, $50 million contract with G/T Leonard Davis. The deal includes $18 million in bonuses.

Being a draft bust pays off. No team has spent more on their offensive line than Dallas, and it hasn't really worked to this point. Davis had motivation problems in Arizona, but his versatility will help a Cowboys line that currently has spots open at right tackle and right guard.
Source: Washington Post

gbpackfan
03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I just don't get it. They better plan on him playing G and not T. Wow, just plain WOW!

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2007, 03:55 PM
He's not great. He's probably better than some make him out to be. He gets especially ripped for being a high draft pick. Not worth the money though.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2007, 04:17 PM
This is why I love TT.

RashanGary
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I just gagged on my mac-n-cheese.

What a joke this FA class is. I came into this FA class open to getting a guy or two, but after this the only guy I want is Barnett early and maybe some character discount guys for cheap. Not a big deal like TO but little deals where they can be cut if they screw up.

Merlin
03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I will give TT some credit, at least he isn't stupid enough to spend the franchise on ONE offensive lineman or ONE defenssive back ala Dallas and the 49er's. It takes FIVE offensive linemen to win and it takes at least FOUR good defensive backs to win. Blowing your whole wad like that is just stupid. Hutchinson in Minnesota made it to the pro-bowl because of his name but he had a horrible season in 2006 and was WAY over paid.

This just in, the Oakland Raiders draft Brady Quinn and agree to a 5 year 250 million dollar contract with a 100 million dollar signing bonus...

Rastak
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I did tell you guys last year, the money will get nuts and yesterdays overpay is todays perfectly normal salary......

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, the cap isn't going to go up every year--allowing teams to overspend. Like it did for most years before the last two. When the cap does stabilize, a lot of teams will be in trouble.

Rastak
03-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, the cap isn't going to go up every year--allowing teams to overspend. Like it did for most years before the last two. When the cap does stabilize, a lot of teams will be in trouble.

It all depends on how it's structured Harvey. The devil is in the details as you know....

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
What's the breakdown on the $18M contract Shiancoe got?

Rastak
03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
What's the breakdown on the $18M contract Shiancoe got?

8 mil in year one and 12 of it within 3 I heard. Heavily frontloaded in a year in which they have a bunch of money. Now if the guy is a bum they are idiots of course...I wouldn't know, I've never seen him play that I can recall...... :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2007, 07:06 PM
How much does it count against the cap in year 2 and year 3?

Roster bonus or signing bonus?

Rastak
03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
How much does it count against the cap in year 2 and year 3?

Roster bonus or signing bonus?

As I said the devil is in the details...unfortunately all I know is he gets 8 mil in year one, not sure how it is structured....but looking at recent history I would guess a large roster bonus is the key here but I just don't know at this point.