PDA

View Full Version : Ignore

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green said Sunday that he won't be taking any more free agent trips and could have a decision on his future in the next 24 hours.

Speaking to reporters in Houston after his visit with the Texans, Green said he had cancelled his other scheduled visit - thought to be with the Oakland Raiders -- and was through flying the friendly skies. Though Green visited Denver, it appears it's down to the Texans and Packers.

"I have gotten to the point where I have seen enough," Green said. "I don't need to venture out anymore. I know a few teams that are disappointed because I did have some visits set up, but from the two teams that I have visited, I don't need to see anymore."

The Packers appear to be in the driver's seat with Green and may be in the process of negotiating a deal. General manager Ted Thompson was not available for comment and it was unclear if talks between the two sides had gotten.

As he did in Denver when interviewed at the airport, Green said in Houston that it would be difficult to leave the Packers. He is seeking a hefty raise from the $2.75 million he earned last year, but all things being equal he would prefer to stay.

"I don't know yet, but, I think for anybody generally speaking it would be tough to do," Green said of leaving. "When you're a kid and you transfer a school, and that school you have all your buddies. Regardless of if it was good times or bad times, it's still a tough time to leave."

It's unclear whether the Texans are willing to pay considerably more than the Packers for Green. Denver is focusing on free agent Travis Henry and would probably go for Green as a fallback option.

Asked if he would make a decision in the next 24 hours, Green said, "Possibly."

RashanGary
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
This is really good news. It doesn't sound like the Texans blew him away, but I suspect Green will get that 3 year 15 mil deal that he wanted. Maybe the 3rd year can be dropped and he'll make like 11 in 2. That's alot, but look at the journymen that are getting 50 million dollar deals. This FA class is a joke. It's nice that Green is loyal enough to give us the oppertunity to match. I hope he gets a job with the Packers when he is done. Some cushy job where he gets paid to do nothing. He earned it.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
This is really good news. It doesn't sound like the Texans blew him away, but I suspect Green will get that 3 year 15 mil deal that he wanted. Maybe the 3rd year can be dropped and he'll make like 11 in 2. That's alot, but look at the journymen that are getting 50 million dollar deals. This FA class is a joke. It's nice that Green is loyal enough to give us the oppertunity to match. I hope he gets a job with the Packers when he is done. Some cushy job where he gets paid to do nothing. He earned it.

Sorry looks like the Texans signed him!!!!!! Fuck you TT

POLISHHAWK
03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
TEXANS LASSO AHMAN

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the Houston Texans have signed running back Ahman Green.

Green, who has spent the last seven seasons with the Packers, will be reuinted with former Green Bay coach/G.M. Mike Sherman in Houston. Sherman is an assistant head coach with the Texans.

The aging tailback generated strong interest, and could re-establish himself as a star runner in the Texans' zone-blocking scheme.

Of course, it remains to be seen what the Texans will do at quarterback. David Carr, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, is not expected to return. The identity of his replacement is, at this point, anyone's guess.

Joemailman
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
"I have gotten to the point where I have seen enough," Green said. "I don't need to venture out anymore. I know a few teams that are disappointed because I did have some visits set up, but from the two teams that I have visited, I don't need to see anymore."

I think this comment could be interpreted 2 different ways. Either it has become obvious to him he isn't going to get an offer better than what the Packers have offered, or he has received an offer so good he doesn't need to visit with anyone else.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
SOMEONE CAN DELETE THIS THREAD, SO NOT TO GIVE PEOPLE FALSE HOPE!!

AM SO MAD