PDA

View Full Version : Seen any good movies lately???

Iron Mike
04-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Saturday night I saw "Brick," and I have to say it's probably one of the most creative and uniquely inventive films of the last 5 years.

If you are a fan of the film noir genre, the days of Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade, a doll with a dirty secret, a hood with a heart.. this movie is definitely for you.

It's set in the present.. the themes are definitely current.. but the pattern it's molded on.. the characters, even the script -- it's all very Maltese Falconish. It's easy to get lost but I found myself figuring stuff from earlier out as it went along.. and I found it just as easy to be transported with this film as it was to get lost.

It's one of those films, if you liked it, you'll want to see it again to catch more of the meanings of things..plus, you get a glossary on the way into the theater!!!!

Here's a clip if you're interested:

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/819/819485/vids_1.html

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 08:38 PM
"V for Vendetta".

Simply brilliant. I think I already reviewed it somewhere else, so I won't rehash my thoughts. Everyone should see this movie--liberal or conservative. It is more than just a Matrix-esque action movie.

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
04-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Thank You for Smoking was hilarious.

Been meaning to catch Brick.

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2006, 08:42 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen a really good movie...

oregonpackfan
04-27-2006, 12:28 AM
"Inside Man" is an excellent movie. Directed by Spike Lee, it has a very unique twist on a bank robbery in New York City.

The fine acting by Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster, and Christopher Plummer add more appeal to the movie.

Oregonpackfan

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 03:25 PM
i didn't watch the whole thing, but my cousin just downloaded or got from a friend (can't remember) the japanese version of final fantasy 7 (i think it was seven) obviously it is computer animated, but it unbelievably realistic. i guess it is going to be released here in the states soon, so currently it is in the japanese lang. with english subtitles. like i said i didn't watch it all but what i saw was visually awsome!! by the way the video game was pretty cool as well

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Curious George was very cute...or did you mean grown up movies? I want to see Ice Age 2.

jack's smirking revenge
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Saw "MI:III" on Sunday while my girlfriend and her kids went and saw the Madagascar-copy "The Wild". While they all hated "The Wild", I was pleasantly impressed with MI:III. J.J. Abrams is a good director and story-teller. Best of all, you got to see Academy Award Winning Actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman play a very convicing and kniving bad guy. First time I've actually like Billy Crudup in something too. The Cruise media frenzy aside, I'd say give the movie a chance. It was a nailbiter (and not a snoozer like Woo's MI:2).

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
we just rented "unfinished life"

actually enjoyed it. Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, Jennifer Lopez. I was very skeptical, as i don't really care for the common "chick flick" was pretty good, J-Lo wasn't too bad. Morgan freeman was great so was redford. i might be a little bias since redford's role reminded me of my grandpa. cratchety old farmer. tough as a box of nails! but love us grandkids.

Deputy Nutz
05-10-2006, 04:02 PM
"V for Vendetta".

Simply brilliant. I think I already reviewed it somewhere else, so I won't rehash my thoughts. Everyone should see this movie--liberal or conservative. It is more than just a Matrix-esque action movie.

tyler

I heard that the creator of the Comic Book hated the movie and refused to see it on it's opening. Any truth to this?

jack's smirking revenge
05-10-2006, 04:10 PM
"V for Vendetta".

tyler

I heard that the creator of the Comic Book hated the movie and refused to see it on it's opening. Any truth to this?

I honestly don't know. I'd never heard of the comic book before the movie, so I think the guy should be a bit more complimentary. Adaptations are never very good, no matter what the source material. Hard to recreate something for the screen. But, no, I hadn't heard of that.

Still, comic book writer's issues aside, its an amazing flick.

tyler

pacfan
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I second the comments on MI:III-very entertaining.

Inside Man was good, but I enjoy Denzel Washington's work.

Ice Age, its good.

Has anybody seen the Sentinel with Michael Douglas? Any good?