PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay to select .................

Sparkey
03-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe this is not a plan, per se, but more what I think might happen.

The Packers trade down in the First round with the Giants:

Packers send their 1st (#16) and their 4th
packers receive Giants 1st (#20) and Giants 2nd

Giants take Marshawn Lynch

packers take Greg Olsen at #20
Then with their 2nd take a WR (Sidney Rice) and with Giants 2nd take (Michael Bush)

Would be a nice start to the 2007 Draft.

Partial
03-05-2007, 09:38 AM
i'd tap it. I wouldn't take those players but i'd take the trade.

ND72
03-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I actually like that whole scenerio....my only thought is, #1, Lynch will be gone...and #2, I donno if Rice and Bush will last til those spots either. but I like the idea of TE, WR, RB....that would make my offensive side pretty darn happy. Throw in a DB in Round 3, and i'm a happy camper.

woodbuck27
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
As it appears today. RB Marshawn Lynch won't be available at number 16.

packers11
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
As it appears today. RB Marshawn Lynch won't be available at number 16.

Who would take him??? The Bills??? At #12???

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Well more like why would we want to trade out when Lynch looks to be one of our only options at RB. I do not want Morency or Herron starting

wist43
03-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Hence, TT has put the team in a desperate situation.

Weak FA market, weak RB draft...

As I've said, I'm hoping for Jordan at this point... if Jordan comes free, and TT doesn't make a run at him - then I'll be pissed.

Jordan is just as good, if not better than Green - younger, with lower miles as well.

chain_gang
03-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone, but Darrell Thompson version 2.0 is fine with me.

gbgary
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
well....since green is gone a RB is priority-one now.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 03:22 PM

As I've said, I'm hoping for Jordan at this point... if Jordan comes free, and TT doesn't make a run at him - then I'll be pissed.

Jordan is just as good, if not better than Green - younger, with lower miles as well.

Sorry im not recognizing him, whos jordan?

packers11
03-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Sorry im not recognizing him, whos jordan?

I hope your not talking about Lamont Jordan...

HE SUCKS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235223

What a piece of "blackhole" crap

chain_gang
03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah I don't see anything real special about him, but you're not going to find a great running back in FA, this year. He may be serviceable though.

Zool
03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
He sucks? But he had the same stats last year that Green had this year. Is Oakland's line better than ours?

packers11
03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
He sucks? But he had the same stats last year that Green had this year. Is Oakland's line better than ours?

He's so slowwww.... I'd rather have Herron back there... Or draft a rb in the 3rd round...

Anyone but him...

wist43
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Don't know what you guys are looking at... every time I've seen Jordan he's been very good.

And I say that, at the same time acknowledging that he didn't gain much yardage in the games that I saw him in... Oaklands line, and team overall is pathetic. I'm evaluating Jordan thru the mess that is the Raiders.

I'm very high on Jordan... if he's healthy.

GoPackGo
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Lamont Jordan has great hands. I see him as a slower Brian Westbrook type. I hope he gets cut, and the Pack signs him.

packers11
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
personally id rather have Marshawn Lynch, or Willis Mcgahee...

Then Morency... Good 1 / 2 punch...

Cut Herron and pick up a rb in the later rounds...

red
03-05-2007, 03:38 PM

garrett wolfe around the 5th round

i'd like to see what he can do at RB in the pros. i think he's worth the late round gamble

Zool
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Jordan isn't a super speed guy, but he's a very strong runner. He has had some fairly serious back issue though.

PackerPro42
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM

i'd like to see what he can do at RB in the pros. i think he's worth the late round gamble

He'll be lucky to even get drafted. He's super small and is as dumb as a brick. I can't see TT wasting a fifth on a guy like that.

red
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM

He'll be lucky to even get drafted. He's super small and is as dumb as a brick. I can't see TT wasting a fifth on a guy like that.

he's 5'8 or 5'7 and built like a brick shit house, he benched more then most rb's at the combine. he can move cut and find every little seam on the field

he could turn out to be nothing. or he could turn into a poor mans version of some othe short rb, that barry guy

it wouldn't kill us to have him as our 3rd running back to shake things up at times.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree with Red, why not? He obviously possesses some talent. It's more likely than not he'll be out of the league in 3 years, but so are most 5th rounders.

And saying Wolfe is as dumb as bricks as a reason not to draft him is kind of hypocritical, considering who you want to draft. :|

PackerPro42
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I agree with Red, why not? He obviously possesses some talent. It's more likely than not he'll be out of the league in 3 years, but so are most 5th rounders.

And saying Wolfe is as dumb as bricks as a reason not to draft him is kind of hypocritical, considering who you want to draft. :|

This guy makes Lynch look like a rocket scientist and Wolfe hasn't looked that solid through out the season. I've watched a couple of his games and it always seems that Wolfe gets beat to the corner and just get demolished because of his size. I would say maybe as a return man, but not in the fifth round.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 07:10 PM

This guy makes Lynch look like a rocket scientist

Oh, C'mon, he can't be that dumb. When do they do Wonderlics?

PackerPro42
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm not really sure, I was kind of wondering that myself. I couldn't find it anywhere. I think they do a couple weeks before the draft but I'm not 100% sure.

Bretsky
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Bad memories: Corey Rodgers in the Fourth ?

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I still say we should take a look at Lorenzo Booker later in the draft

BooHoo
03-05-2007, 08:25 PM
The Packers select in the first round: Hokey Claver, Punter, from Northeast West Virgina State. :)

RashanGary
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM

I don't think TT Would take Booker but I'm a big fan of his. He has durability issues but he's better than a late round pick. I htink he's a 3rd rounder.

Scott Campbell
03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
The Packers select in the first round: Hokey Claver, Punter, from Northeast West Virgina State. :)

I thought we fired Sherman?

BooHoo
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry, I had to joke. I am pretending I'm Bretsky.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM

I don't think TT Would take Booker but I'm a big fan of his. He has durability issues but he's better than a late round pick. I htink he's a 3rd rounder.

The thing i love about him is that he can catch excelent

Bretsky
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Sorry, I had to joke. I am pretending I'm Bretsky.

It feels good doesn't it ?

Rumor now has it Green Bay is putting in phone calls to

Frankie Neal
Bill Schroeder
Jeff Query

RashanGary
03-05-2007, 08:48 PM
The thing I love about Booker is that every time I saw him run he looked fast, explosive and most importantly; effective.

He's a good player. If he was bigger he'd be a first round pick.

Joemailman
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Lorenzo Booker
RB, Florida State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a dazzling athlete. Excels at changing directions, and has the moves to consistently get out of trouble. Plays hard, and is willing to share carries to help his team win. Never stops moving. Can attack the corners of a defense and stretch the field. Showed better patience as senior waiting for blocks to be made and holes to open.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size, so durability always will be a question. Lacks the body to attack the heart of a defense. Tends to run a little upright, and gets slowed down because of it. Is an average blocker, at best.

Bottom line: Booker has not proven he can handle a 25-carry load week in, week out. He is one of the nation's most dangerous players because is a touchdown threat on every touch. Booker is fast and elusive and a valuable receiver, which makes him an ideal NFL third-down back.

Certainly an interesting prospect 3rd round or later.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Why not? I'm open to almost any back in the draft.