PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices going up $5

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Well guys, I think we ARE signing Moss.... :lol:

Packers ticket prices going up $5

Press-Gazette

Watching a game at Lambeau Field just got a little pricier.

For the 2007 season, ticket prices will increase $5 in all sections of the stadium, the Green Bay Packers announced today.

The average ticket will cost $63.39 — keeping the stadium at a 20th place in the league, a mid-range ranking that Packers director of ticket operations Mark Wagner cited as the logic behind the increase, according to a press release.

“Each year we look at our ticket prices as they relate to the rest of the league and adjust accordingly,” Wagner said. “We take into account our league ranking in average ticket price and how that relates to our contribution to the shared revenues among visiting teams.”

Season tickets between the 20-yard lines will be $72, other sideline seats will be $64 and end-zone tickets will cost $59. Private box tickets jump to $72.

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I'd pay $5 more to see a couple Favre to Moss TDs... 8)

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I would, too !! In fact, I have no problem with the increase, because essentially it's not only keeping the Packers profitable for the future, but it's also less profit for the scalpers!!

I was going through a box of old stuff the other day and I had to laugh when I found a ticket stub from 1998 where the seat was $34 !!

red
03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
shouldn't the product be getting better if the price is going up?

seriously though, it's a good move

its all about supply and demand. how many decades has it been since a game hasn't been sold out?

raise the price, get the team more money, the fans will not stop coming

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 03:54 PM
They went from 4-12 to 8-8 and this year they'll go 10-6. That's improvement... 8)

FritzDontBlitz
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
packers raised the prices to pay tt his performance bonus. :roll:

red
03-05-2007, 04:07 PM
They went from 4-12 to 8-8 and this year they'll go 10-6. That's improvement... 8)

i don't know zig, i hope they do go 10-6

but i gotta be honest with myself and wonder if we're really as good as 8-8

during the jenkins resigning debate, i said you should pay the guy a large amount based on only 4 games, other chimed in saying, was he worth that kind of money before those 4 games

well, with 4 games left in this season, i would say this team was getting a solid D- on the year. then they got 3 wins against bad teams, including a very ugly win against the horrible lions, and a win against a good team that had nothing much to play for

i'm not really sure the team stepped up, and really improved over those last 4 games. or if they just got lucky and played teams that were actually worse then them

and i'd say with us losing gree with no obvious backup plan makes us even worse at this point

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Wasn't he dinged up before those last 4 games? And we did play a worse team...we played Chicago. And don't kid yourself, Lovie's main stated goal in life was to beat the Packers every time they played. I don't think he suddenly changed his mind. I think these guys do have the talent to get the job done and I'm not willing to believe that 1 day after Green leaves, TT has no backup plan just because he hasn't shown us what it is yet. I am in wait and see mode, but I do believe 10-6 is not an unreasonable expectation. (especially if we get Moss)

FritzDontBlitz
03-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Wasn't he dinged up before those last 4 games? And we did play a worse team...we played Chicago. And don't kid yourself, Lovie's main stated goal in life was to beat the Packers every time they played. I don't think he suddenly changed his mind. I think these guys do have the talent to get the job done and I'm not willing to believe that 1 day after Green leaves, TT has no backup plan just because he hasn't shown us what it is yet. I am in wait and see mode, but I do believe 10-6 is not an unreasonable expectation. (especially if we get Moss)

i agree with ziggy. the the only bear player who didnt take new years eve game seriously was wretch (or retch, which is what bear fans are still doing since the super bowl) grossman. :D

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
packers raised the prices to pay tt his performance bonus. :roll:

HA! Makes you wonder though if TT gets a bonus for being x number below the cap and not spending all the money allotted !! I'm not sure why he's being so cautious. We're in good shape this year and next. Plus when Favre is gone, there is another $11 million space added......

Listen to a woman, TT... SPEND that money :P