PDA

View Full Version : Even NASCAR drivers have an opinion on Favre...

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2006, 09:03 PM
'I don't think that is fair'
NASCAR's Kenseth wants Favre to make his decision
Posted: Tuesday April 25, 2006 9:31PM; Updated: Tuesday April 25, 2006 9:32PM

Matt Kenseth, a Wisconsin native, says he wants Brett Favre to make a decision "to be fair for the team."

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth is used to doing things fast.

As a native of Wisconsin, he wishes Brett Favre would speed things up.

"I want him to make a decision," Kenseth said in a recent interview with NASCAR.com. "To be fair for the team, even though I am a huge Brett Favre fan, I think he should have made a decision before free agency was over and before the draft."

With the NFL draft coming up this weekend, Favre continues to waver on whether he will return to play for the Green Bay Packers for a 15th season.

Team officials have said there is no deadline for Favre's decision, but some fans are growing impatient -- including, apparently, the 2003 NASCAR champion.

"I don't think it is fair to have that $10 million or whatever sitting there against the [salary] cap," said Kenseth, a native of Cambridge, Wis. who met Favre after winning his championship. "I don't think that is fair."

So what does Kenseth's gut tell him about Favre's future?

"I was going to say that he was going to go for sure, but they keep pushing it back and back and I don't know why he would do that."

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 09:06 PM
What the hell's business is it of his to be commenting on Brett's situation with a reporter on the record?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
NASCAR is a redneck sport. Sometimes rednecks like Kenneth have no clue what they're saying.

Favre's football fate lies in Thompson's hands, not the qb himself. Favre made it clear he would play again if Thompson improves the Packers. With $35 mil, all thompson can get is Pickett, Manuel and a 4 th string WR. Thompson is pushing Favre into retirement. If Favre actually retire, it is because Thompson made him retire.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
What the hell's business is it of his to be commenting on Brett's situation with a reporter on the record?

A little sensitive, aren't we? Brett hasn't been shy talking about other NFL teams, has he? Kenseth is a huge Packer fan--just like we are. He's just well-known, so some might be interested in his opinion. For us, the only people that care are on Packer Rats.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 09:27 PM

A little sensitive, aren't we? Brett hasn't been shy talking about other NFL teams, has he? Kenseth is a huge Packer fan--just like we are. He's just well-known, so some might be interested in his opinion. For us, the only people that care are on Packer Rats.

I'm just getting a little tired of people who have nothing to do with it chiming in. Next someone's gonna call this another example of Brett looking for attention. I would have been fine had it been McNair or Nall or Hasselbeck or Starr, but Brett doesn't run around criticizing Kenseth's driving. Kenseth had every right to make the remarks; I just wish he'd have kept them off record so the drama could be averted.

MacCool606
04-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Kenseth seems like a good guy - I pull for him every week. My guess is that someone made the connection between him being from Wisconsin and a GB Packer fan, and asked his opinion. In a normal year nobody would have cared what he thought about it.
Until we know one way or another - Packer fans do this year.

b bulldog
04-25-2006, 09:48 PM
He has every right as a Packer fan to let his opinions be known.