PDA

View Full Version : Moss DEAL... Al Davis gives T.T. two deals... Now we wait...

packers11
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Heard that WTMJ reports that Al Davis has two offers on the table of G.B. to decide on...

Moss for Aaron Rodgers
Moss for a 2nd rd pick

Thoughts??? Which 1 would you rather see...

GIVE A-ROD! GET THE DEAL DONE!

TennesseePackerBacker
03-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Moss for Rodgers would be delicious

GoPackGo
03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
http://nalts.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/puke.jpg

FritzDontBlitz
03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
either one works for me.

snatching up moss would ease my anger about losing ahman.

slightly....

packers11
03-05-2007, 04:29 PM
PICTURE NOT NECESSARY...
:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: Where do you live... :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

red
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
rodgers

we need those draft picks

we still need to find a rb, te, safety, young cb, and line depth in the draft

LL2
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I doubt those rumors are true. I would probably take option A, although I still think Rodgers deserves a shot. If we go this route I hope Quinn drops out of the top 10 and all the way to 16. Quinn is 23, does anyone know how old ARod is. After only two years in the league I think he’s only 22.

Actually I would be ok with either choice, but I think you posting this to see what we think.

BF4MVP
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I'd do either one..But I'd rather give the second round pick..I like A-Rod..

I'm pretty pumped to hear this

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I say Rodgers. I don't want to give up our 2nd round pick if we don't have to.

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Bye Aaron. It's been interesting debating your merits without any indication as to what you're capable of. We do have an indication of what Moss is capable of (drool).

GoPackGo
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: Where do you live... :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

why?... You want a piece of me?:smack:

The Shadow
03-05-2007, 04:43 PM
It's quite amazing to read the low opinions of a first round quarterback who has had virtually no chance to display his talent.

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
(that was my point, Shadow)

red
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Bye Aaron. It's been interesting debating your merits without any indication as to what you're capable of. We do have an indication of what Moss is capable of (drool).
now we don't have to hold our breath, and jhope he turns out when he gets handed the starting job

now someone else would have to worry about him

it would be a weight off our minds

until he becomes a pro bowler of course

The Shadow
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Gotcha, Zig.
I was thinking of many others.

packers11
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM

after that picture... maybe :wink:

pittstang5
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I'll say Moss for Rodgers.

Granted I have nothing to base this on, but I just don't think Rodgers is the answer to LAF (Life After Favre). He just seems....ordinary.

packers11
03-05-2007, 04:50 PM

Granted I have nothing to base this on, but I just don't think Rodgers is the answer to LAF (Life After Favre). He just seems....ordinary.

I'm on my journy to find the fountain of youth... Don't worry, ill give it to Favre before drinking it myself... I'd rather watch him my whole life, than having to see someone else at the helm...

Born in the late 80's I only remember seeing a #4 back there...

Brando19
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM

I'm on my journy to find the fountain of youth... Don't worry, ill give it to Favre before drinking it myself... I'd rather watch him my whole life, than having to see someone else at the helm...

Born in the late 80's I only remember seeing a #4 back there...

I know exactly what you mean. I really hope...fingers crossed here...TT has some master plan where Favre has been cloned...they're just prepping this 22 year old Favre to take over when our 37 year old Favre hangs it up.

GBRulz
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM

The sad reality that anyone after Favre WILL be ordinary :cry:

We've been so spoiled.

GoPackGo
03-05-2007, 04:57 PM

after that picture... maybe :wink:

just playin...anyone with Favre and Driver as an avatar is ok in my book

FritzDontBlitz
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
PICTURE NOT NECESSARY...

dude your post looks like teddy t's driveway after packerdom found out ahman signed with shermy :lol:

GoPackGo
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
It's quite amazing to read the low opinions of a first round quarterback who has had virtually no chance to display his talent.

Exactly, I would rather trade the pick. I'm willing to give Arod a shot. Hell it took a couple years for Favre to develop. I wouldn't give up on a QB drafted as highly as Rodgers unless the GM give him a decent O-line, RB' TE' and WR's and he still didn't produce. Arod is the future.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Am interseted to see which one TT picks. But I think I agree with Red, we need our picks.

The Shadow
03-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I wonder how much of the anti-Rodgers sentiment is tied to the fact that Favre inevitably must be replaced. For some fans, making the probable successor disappear somehow assuages the fear.....

gbpackfan
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Trade the California pussy! A-Rod should be called Gay-Rod (not that there's anything wrong with that). I just don't see the "it" factor in him and he seems to whine a lot on the field.

Brando19
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Am interseted to see which one TT picks. But I think I agree with Red, we need our picks.

With TT...it'll be interesting to see if he picks one....not which one he picks. :(

pbmax
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd like to know the description of their source (if its anonymous). Any idiot can dream up trade scenarios like this.

And I can't believe that Davis wants Rodgers when stronger armed quarterbacks are his thing. Its too easy to draft Russell than to trade.

Sounds dubious to me.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM

With TT...it'll be interesting to see if he picks one....not which one he picks. :(

lol good point.

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, he is patient enough to make old Al sweat it out for a while...I don't think he's in any hurry at all here.

Partial
03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
BS. No source, no trace of it on WTMJ, and nothing in the JS.

BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2007, 05:40 PM

BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So you think it's BS?

packers11
03-05-2007, 05:50 PM

BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So you think it's BS?

I didn't make it up, I have better things to do than lie about some story... Maybe they were just bsin about it... Thats what came out of WTMJ...

BREAKING NEWS : PACKERS trade Robert Ferguson for Ladainian Tomlinson...

Source : ESPN :wink: :lol:

packerbacker1234
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Exactly, I would rather trade the pick. I'm willing to give Arod a shot. Hell it took a couple years for Favre to develop. I wouldn't give up on a QB drafted as highly as Rodgers unless the GM give him a decent O-line, RB' TE' and WR's and he still didn't produce. Arod is the future.

Correction, it didn't take favre a "couple of years" to get good. His first game he ever played extensivly in he proved his point by, despite mostly playing bad, making the game winning TD drive at the end. What took him so long to get playing time to prove he could play was himself and his partying. He missed team meetings and the coach in Atlanta didn't handle him very well.

As for Arod? he got his extensive playing time in a game last year? Last I checked he played like crap, broke his foot, and couldn't play the rest of the season.

Very different tales of two QB's in there first extensive playing time. If thats any indication, ARod is screwed.

bigcoz75
03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
did you hear this rumor yourself? I read it on the ESPN board with nothing to back it up there either. Just want to know if if it's coming from more than one person's ears.

CaliforniaCheez
03-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I'd like to know the description of their source (if its anonymous). Any idiot can dream up trade scenarios like this.

And I can't believe that Davis wants Rodgers when stronger armed quarterbacks are his thing. Its too easy to draft Russell than to trade.

Sounds dubious to me.

pbmax, I find myself again in almost exact agreement.

The future of the Raiders is Andrew Walter. He is a far better QB than Rodgers. The Raiders will not draft a QB #1 overall. Moss for Rodgers does not improve the Raiders so Al Davis will not do the deal.

Patler
03-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Well...... I was listening to WTMJ radio this afternoon, and they were discussing the NFL rumors that were around, including the Rodgers for Moss one. "The Big Unit" Bill Michaels said an unnamed "relatively" high source in personel for the Packers, when asked about the Rodgers for Moss rumor, responded "What idiot dreamed that one up?" Others asked Michaels if it was a smoke screen response, and he said his impression was no, that Rodgers for Moss was not something even being considered by the Packers.

That probably means it will happen, because Michaels is often very wrong with his "inside information"!

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 06:27 PM

Just imo, but id rather trade rodgers and take Drew Stanton with our 2nd rounder

gbpackfan
03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Didn't the "Big Unit" say on draft day last year that the Packers trade with the Saints was a "done deal" and we were going to draft Reggie Bush. His info. sucks! What MORON would leak anything to him and let him blab it all over local radio. These guys love their jobs too much. I strongly believe that when things get "leaked," it's because the GM allows it to happen. At least this is the case 99% of the time.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2007, 06:39 PM

BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So you think it's BS?

I didn't make it up, I have better things to do than lie about some story... Maybe they were just bsin about it... Thats what came out of WTMJ...

BREAKING NEWS : PACKERS trade Robert Ferguson for Ladainian Tomlinson...

Source : ESPN :wink: :lol:

I know you didnt make it up I was just being funny.

packers11
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
haha, I was having a little fun with it, whichever way you were taking it... :)

SkinBasket
03-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hell, if it's true that MIA got a 2 AND a 7 for Wes Welker, then Moss for a 2 is a steal. Of course now that the Pats are presumably out the running for Moss, a 3 + [any garbage player (read Ferguson)] seems more appropriate. Or our 2 for Moss and their 3rd or 4th I would like too.

PackerPro42
03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
I like this trade, I know it will never happen but here we go...

Rodgers with our third and seventh for Moss with their second.

TT always finds a way to trade down and he could easily get two day one picks for the Raiders second.

Patler
03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Didn't the "Big Unit" say on draft day last year that the Packers trade with the Saints was a "done deal" and we were going to draft Reggie Bush. His info. sucks! What MORON would leak anything to him and let him blab it all over local radio. These guys love their jobs too much. I strongly believe that when things get "leaked," it's because the GM allows it to happen. At least this is the case 99% of the time.

I agree for the most part, but there is an inner desire in many insiders to show others how "inside" they really are. That's why 3rd and 4th level bureaucrats are often the "unnamed government source" in news reports. Ultimately, the source's own ego ensure the accuracy of the info, unless he is a pawn for misinformation. Finding the right person id what reporters do.

As I said, Michaels info is often bad, but that doesn't mean the Rodgers rumor has validity. Personally, I think it would be a ridiculous trade, unless MM told TT that in no way, shape, or form will Rodgers ever be an NFL quarterback. Moss has 2 or 3 years left, if anything at all.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Hell, if it's true that MIA got a 2 AND a 7 for Wes Welker, then Moss for a 2 is a steal. Of course now that the Pats are presumably out the running for Moss, a 3 + [any garbage player (read Ferguson)] seems more appropriate. Or our 2 for Moss and their 3rd or 4th I would like too.

But welkers alot younger 25

moss is 30

Patriots will get more in the long run

cheesner
03-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I think we will be waiting a long time.

I don't think either of these deals are good. I am not sure why Packer fans have given up on Rodgers so quickly. He has a good chance of being a very good pro QB.

imscott72
03-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Trade the California pussy! A-Rod should be called Gay-Rod (not that there's anything wrong with that). I just don't see the "it" factor in him and he seems to whine a lot on the field.

Huh?? Some of the reasons given to dump Arod are just plain ludicrous..Trade him because he doesn't seem like the answer? Exactly how does someone seem like an answer?? Again I say its a good thing a lot of the posters here aren't GM's...Wow...

imscott72
03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't think either of these deals are good. I am not sure why Packer fans have given up on Rodgers so quickly. He has a good chance of being a very good pro QB.

Thank you!! At least I'm not the only one on the Arod wagon here...I say tell Al Davis to shove these deals up his ass and take our 3rd rounder or get lost...Remember, we are in the drivers seat here, not him. He HAS to unload Moss, we sure as hell don't HAVE to trade for him...

bbbffl66
03-05-2007, 07:15 PM

Thank you!! At least I'm not the only one on the Arod wagon here...I say tell Al Davis to shove these deals up his ass and take our 3rd rounder or get lost...Remember, we are in the drivers seat here, not him. He HAS to unload Moss, we sure as hell don't HAVE to trade for him...

Why does Davis "have to" unload him? Do you really think that Al likes to admit he made a mistake? Hell, Al's probably drooling over the thought of Russell to Moss deep! Or he's drooling from the dementia!

imscott72
03-05-2007, 07:19 PM

Why does Davis "have to" unload him? Do you really think that Al likes to admit he made a mistake? Hell, Al's probably drooling over the thought of Russell to Moss deep! Or he's drooling from the dementia!

Well lets see. Moss quit on the team last year, has publicly claimed he wants out of Oakland. Davis owes him 8-9 million bucks, he ties up a ton of cap room for someone who doesn't wanna be there. How is keeping him around going to help that team? Moss must REALLY hate it there to be willing to give up 8-9 million and face a possible restructure...Its a no win situation for the Raiders if they keep him...

bbbffl66
03-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, but since when doed Al do logical things? He is in love with his own ego and I doubt he'll admit he screwed up.

imscott72
03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, but since when doed Al do logical things? He is in love with his own ego and I doubt he'll admit he screwed up.

Well thats fine then, let him sit on Moss. Like I said, if no deal takes place, he's in more of a jam then we are...His problem, not ours...

bbbffl66
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Besides, as a stock holder, I get paid a dividend on all the unused cap money don't I? :D

imscott72
03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Just saw this too. Davis can't have much cap room left with Moss' contract still on board..
:D
NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders and Ronald Curry have reached terms on a new five-year, $20 million contract.

Oakland had been looking to avoid paying Curry a $5 million roster bonus, and instead gave him a long-term contract that will guarantee him $8.5 million. Curry, who had 62 catches to lead the team in 2006, should be a starter this season whether or not Randy Moss is traded or cut.
Source: nfl.com

bbbffl66
03-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I would love this deal. I just don't think that Teddy or Al want to make it happen. I guess the Kool-aid glass is half full.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 07:34 PM
From a Raiders board

I was listening to a Tampa radio station online to see what was going on in Buc land and how it could relate to us (HOPEFULLY NOT, Please God) getting Plummer.

A caller was saying that there is a possibility that the Bucs draft Russel if the Raiders do not...

Anyway, the host was talking about how he had a long conversation with chris Landry who is an NFL scout and Landry said:

Jamurcus Russel is a LAZY POTHEAD! He also said that he has repeatedly offered to have Russel over to his home to watch game film to work with him on reading defenses and that Russel just blows him off. Landry also said that he expects Russel to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history!!!.

Landry said (supposedly) that Russel IS ALL ABOUT THE PAYCHECK AND IS NOT WILLING TO DO THE WORK TO BE A GOOD NFL QB.

To quote Han Solo from the Star Wars movies..."I gotta bad feeling about this..."

Hmm

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97268

Bretsky
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM

I was listening to that; it was exciting.

He said TT and the Saints were working on it and it was near a done deal.

Then later the Saints wanted too much.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
JaMarcus Russel, at first look, looks like a lazy pothead.

What do the Raiders see in him? Sure he's got a big arm, can run, and he's black. Anything else that separates from the rest of the pack?

gbpackfan
03-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Huh?? Some of the reasons given to dump Arod are just plain ludicrous..Trade him because he doesn't seem like the answer? Exactly how does someone seem like an answer?? Again I say its a good thing a lot of the posters here aren't GM's...Wow...

Listen, don't you ever see a guy play and you're like "wow, that mother f*cker can flat out play!" I just don't see "it" when it comes to gay-rod. I hope to God I am wrong and he becomes the pro-bowl player you think he is.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I have to say, it is more likely than not Rodgers will never be anything in the NFL. However, we can't just act like he's some worthless piece of street trash that we picked up in the 7th round. He was in the 1st round for a reason, some good, some not.

DannoMac21
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
My mom and my brother in law saw on TMJ4 in Milwaukee that the Pack aren't getting Moss and can't afford him or something. Just what they saw.

BooHoo
03-05-2007, 08:29 PM

I agree for the most part, but there is an inner desire in many insiders to show others how "inside" they really are. That's why 3rd and 4th level bureaucrats are often the "unnamed government source" in news reports. Ultimately, the source's own ego ensure the accuracy of the info, unless he is a pawn for misinformation. Finding the right person id what reporters do.

As I said, Michaels info is often bad, but that doesn't mean the Rodgers rumor has validity. Personally, I think it would be a ridiculous trade, unless MM told TT that in no way, shape, or form will Rodgers ever be an NFL quarterback. Moss has 2 or 3 years left, if anything at all.

It does boil down to what MM thinks of Rodgers.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
My mom and my brother in law saw on TMJ4 in Milwaukee that the Pack aren't getting Moss and can't afford him or something. Just what they saw.

I don't think moneys the problem.

Lurker64
03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Thompson was the same way with Walker last year. Prior to the draft he would publicly state high demands for Walker, but like every GM when the pressure was on and a decent deal was offered he traded him.

I would expect Moss to move in much the same way. Davis publicly sets high demands up until the draft, then come draft day trades Moss for less than what he said he wanted.

imscott72
03-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Listen, don't you ever see a guy play and you're like "wow, that mother f*cker can flat out play!" I just don't see "it" when it comes to gay-rod. I hope to God I am wrong and he becomes the pro-bowl player you think he is.

You mean like Brett did? :roll: Your way too quick to judge someone that hasnt been given a chance..

imscott72
03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I have to say, it is more likely than not Rodgers will never be anything in the NFL.

Again I say, based on what?

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I have to say, it is more likely than not Rodgers will never be anything in the NFL.

Mechanics, performance on the field, though it was brief. I can't say for sure that he will never be good, but there are more QBs that never succeed in the NFL than the ones that do.

MJZiggy
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I think I'm gonna rely on the guy that's been working with QBs his whole career and has spent every day working with and evaluating Aaron Rodgers. I will consider whatever happens to be a result of his knowledge of the player which is much more extensive than mine.

Bretsky
03-05-2007, 10:35 PM

WTMJ just reported that both the Packer and Pats are still interested in Randy Moss, but TT does not like that contract

packers11
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
ESPN just reported on it...

They are basically calling T.T. out for not pulling the trigger yet while the "DEAL IS ON THE TABLE"...

TEDDY... I BETTER BE WAKING UP TO GOOD NEWS... :smack:

BF4MVP
03-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Who the hell cares about the contract? It's not like there's any free agent that we have to spend the money on! Get the deal done, TT!!!!!!!!!! Moss is EXACTLY what we need!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 06:56 AM

WTMJ just reported that both the Packer and Pats are still interested in Randy Moss, but TT does not like that contract

Didn't Moss already agree to restruture.

SkinBasket
03-06-2007, 07:28 AM

But welkers alot younger 25

moss is 30

Patriots will get more in the long run

I would take Moss at 65 years old over Welker at 25 for a 2nd.

Rastak
03-06-2007, 07:35 AM

Didn't Moss already agree to restruture.

I highly doubt it. He's scheduled to make 9 mil this year I think and 12 next. Randy doesn't strike me a guy just gives it right back.

swede
03-06-2007, 07:38 AM
I could live with Moss being on the roster...

But if we paid him 21 mil in two years to screw up the chemistry of a young team it would be a bad, bad move.

Reality sucks ladies and gentlemen, because it makes a fool of our dreams.

cpk1994
03-06-2007, 07:40 AM

Mechanics, performance on the field, though it was brief. I can't say for sure that he will never be good, but there are more QBs that never succeed in the NFL than the ones that do.

And Bretts mechanics are great?

Lurker64
03-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I highly doubt it. He's scheduled to make 9 mil this year I think and 12 next. Randy doesn't strike me a guy just gives it right back.

I'm not so sure. I'm betting Moss could be set for life as far as money is concerned, and if he is as miserable in Oakland as he says he is then just walking away from the game would be an option in that case. So if your choices are: retire, restructure, or be miserable, restructuring doesn't look so bad.

Then again, this is Randy Moss we're talking about.

The Shadow
03-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Rodgers has not yet had the opportunity to show what he can do.
It might be wise to see what he can do before simply dismissing him out of hand.

ND72
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
espnradio had John Clayton...."The report that Aaron Rodgers was offered for Randy Moss is not true, and has never been true. In fact, there has been little, if any, communication between the Raiders and the Packers, and it's only been draft picks discussed."

LL2
03-06-2007, 08:40 AM
espnradio had John Clayton...."The report that Aaron Rodgers was offered for Randy Moss is not true, and has never been true. In fact, there has been little, if any, communication between the Raiders and the Packers, and it's only been draft picks discussed."

I heard the same thing, so for those that were hoping Rodgers would be on the next flight out of town keep dreaming. Clayton also said the likelyhood of the Patriots trading for Moss is slim now they have aquired a WR. I wouldn’t be opposed to a Rodgers trade, but it has to make sense. If we trade Rodgers we have to find another heir to Brett’s throne. Unless we can draft someone like Quinn or trade for another real young QB (not sure who out there would be worth trading for) for MM to groom it’s not going to happen.

woodbuck27
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm going to toss this down here.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=186637

Crazy not to add a talent like Moss

By Gerry Callahan
Boston Herald General Sports Columnist

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 - Updated: 05:25 AM EST

Now? We are going to start questioning the judgment of Bill Belichick now?

Less than two months ago, he was minutes away from winning the AFC Championship Game, in Indianapolis, against the great Peyton Manning and the Colts. If his team had held on that day, the Patriots [team stats] would have rolled over the Chicago Bears two weeks later and won their fourth Super Bowl in six years.

And you know what we’d be calling Belichick’s Patriots today? Only the Greatest Team In NFL History.

A few days ago, Belichick went through the first weekend of free agency like Danny Ocean through an art gallery, brilliantly pilfering his favorite baubles and earning high marks from critics from coast to coast. He now has Wes Welker, he’ll soon have two picks in the first round, and at last, we’ll all kick back and enjoy the age of Adalius.

As we sit here today, the Pats are the favorites to win Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, Ariz.. Thank you, Bill Belichick. Maybe someone should be sending you boxes full of cash.

The point is Belichick hasn’t gone all Phil Specter on us yet. Maybe someday, but not yet. Right now, it appears his faculties are intact and his judgment is sound, and if he says he would like to take a chance on Randy Moss, we’re sure not going to try to talk him out of it.

Gee, coach, are you sure you want to bring in the most talented wideout in the history of the NFL? Well, I guess we’ll let it slide, just this one time. As long as this Moss guy doesn’t take playing time away from Kelvin Kight.

Are you serious?

For years, many Patriots fans have been begging Belichick to upgrade at the wide receiver position. Obviously, Tom Brady [stats] has done OK without top-tier talent to throw to, but it has always been a nagging question in Patriots Nation:

What if No. 12 had a guy with size and speed and big-play ability who could get open deep and beat double-teams and outjump defensive backs and basically make catches that he’s not supposed to make? Wouldn’t that be, you know, a good thing?

Well, there’s a guy like that available now, and according to the Herald’s John Tomase, Belichick is taking a long, hard look. The price reportedly is a second-round pick, which is what the Pats basically gave up to the Miami Dolphins [team stats] yesterday to acquire Welker.

It’s less than what the Seattle Seahawks gave the Patriots last September for Deion Branch. Total Pro Bowls for Branch and Welker - zero. For Moss - five. Branch’s career high is 78 catches. Moss has averaged 75 catches a season. In 2003, Moss actually made 76 catches for first downs.

Now, if he were property of a normal, well-adjusted NFL team with a rookie head coach and a (soon-to-be-drafted) rookie quarterback, Moss already would have been traded. But this situation is complicated because Moss’ rights belong to Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who is a) older than Helen Thomas, b) almost as batty. It makes no sense for the Raiders to hold on to Moss, which is why the Raiders probably will hold onto Moss.

But if someone actually convinces Davis that a malcontent receiver who is under contract for $21 million for the next two years is really not an ideal fit for a rebuilding team, he might just OK a trade. The Patriots [team stats], if they’re smart, will be waiting at the front of the line when he does. Unless you’re a crossing guard or Jabar Gaffney [stats], it’s hard to imagine why anyone in New England would not want Moss here.

Two things to keep in mind:

1. It worked out with Corey Dillon [stats].

2. As bad apples go, the pre-Patriots Dillon made Moss look like an Eagle Scout.

Moss, like Dillon in Cincinnati, reportedly is tired of losing, and the Raiders are not going to win anytime soon.

The Green Bay Packers, who already offered quarterback Aaron Rodgers in exchange for Moss**, aren’t exactly penciled in for Glendale, either. The Patriots might be it for Moss, his last best hope of playing in a Super Bowl. All Moss has to do is restructure his contract, and he gets to play with the most accurate passer in the NFL.

Is he washed up?

He’s 30, same as the newly signed Adalius Thomas and Brady will be at the start of the season. You want to win a Super Bowl, Randy? How about two or three? You can be part of something special here, or you can return to Oakland, where the only quarterback currently on the roster is your pal Andrew Walter.

Moss makes no sense for most NFL teams. If things don’t go his way, he quits, he pouts, he undermines his coach and quarterback. He can’t do that here. He has Rodney Harrison [stats], Richard Seymour [stats], Brady, Tedy Bruschi [stats], Mike Vrabel, Thomas, etc.

We saw what a motivated Corey Dillon did for the Patriots. He played hard, he stayed out of trouble, and he won a Super Bowl. And before he could get cranky, he was gone three years and out. We were wrong about that one. Belichick was right. Now Belichick thinks he might have another reclamation project on his hands, and this time, the upside if off the charts.

If he’s right, the Pats won’t just have the best receiver Brady has ever played with. They might have the best in the NFL. If you don’t think that’s a chance worth taking, you’re crazier than Al Davis.

** Comment woodbuck27:

Are we really positive that is true or that Aaron Rodgers was 'in fact' offered in a trade for Randy Moss, as this article reports?

Now re-read the article and for Tom Brady substitute the name Brett Favre.

Packnut
03-06-2007, 01:54 PM
As agressive as the Pats have been, I think it's a 75% chance that they offer the Raiders a #2 for Moss. Along with the Thomas signing, it would pretty much make them ALMOST a lock for the SB.

imscott72
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Gee, coach, are you sure you want to bring in the most talented wideout in the history of the NFL?[/b]

Dude just lost all credibility when he said that..Rediculous..

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
As agressive as the Pats have been, I think it's a 75% chance that they offer the Raiders a #2 for Moss. Along with the Thomas signing, it would pretty much make them ALMOST a lock for the SB.

They still have to find a way to sign the guy. How much cap room do they have left? I can't see Moss taking less than 6-7 mill per yr...The Pats don't play like the Skins and mortgage the future either, so unless somehow they STILL have a lot of cap room, I don't see how they can fit him in..

woodbuck27
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Well YOU know that something has to happen to not allow Ted Thompson to bring him to Green Bay.

Randy Moss is there for the taking and what is Ted Thompson postering over with $21 million under the CAP?

I'm not getting it especially taking into consideration the fact it's reported that Moss will restructure his contract.

packers11
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM

hey baby einstein... I have a question... How do the pats offer a #2 without a #2 ??? :lol:

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM

Well YOU know that something has to happen to not allow Ted Thompson to bring him to Green Bay.

Randy Moss is there for the taking and what is Ted Thompson postering over with $21 million under the CAP?

I'm not getting it especially taking into consideration the fact it's reported that Moss will restructure his contract.

The issue probably isn't the contract, it's probably Al Davis wanting a higher pick than he should get. Anything higher than a 3rd isn't worth it imo...Some just need to have some patience. Everyone thought TT wasn't doing anything to sign Ahman either, and we learned that wasn't the truth. Too many are too quick to jump to conclusions..

woodbuck27
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Gee, coach, are you sure you want to bring in the most talented wideout in the history of the NFL?[/b]

Yes. He got a tad carried away there.

Yet I feel that Randy Moss has certainly been a premiere WR since he arrived in the NFL.

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Yet I feel that Randy Moss has certainly been a premiere WR since he arrived in the NFL.

He can be premier when he's motivated..The best in history is a retarded statement...

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Actually talent wise (speed, leaping abilty, etc.) Moss probably is the best ever. I will always think Rice is better, but Moss is a close second.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 02:16 PM

He can be premier when he's motivated..The best in history is a retarded statement...

To say someones statement is retarded, is retarded. Thats his Opinion.

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM

And my opinion is his statement is retarded... :)

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Actually talent wise (speed, leaping abilty, etc.) Moss probably is the best ever. I will always think Rice is better, but Moss is a close second.

What comparisons have you made against other elite WR's? TO, CJ, Harrison, JWalk, SSmith, et al. can't leap and are slow?

woodbuck27
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM

Well. . .don't you just disagree with it? Isn't the word retarded a tad strong or misplaced ? :)

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:31 PM

Well. . .don't you just disagree with it? Isn't the word retarded a tad strong or misplaced ? :)

LOL, are you guys serious? Your ripping on me because I used the word retarded? Wow, must be some bored people in here today. Fine, for the English majors in here, I strongly disagree with the statement. Now sleep well tonight u2... :roll:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 02:32 PM

What comparisons have you made against other elite WR's? TO, CJ, Harrison, JWalk, SSmith, et al. can't leap and are slow?

No I didnt give any comparisons becuase determining who the best WR is can be debated for hours. I whole point is that you shouldnt shoot people down and say that what they saying is retarded. Did you give any comparisions to prove what he said was retarded?

imscott72
03-06-2007, 02:39 PM

No I didnt give any comparisons becuase determining who the best WR is can be debated for hours. I whole point is that you shouldnt shoot people down and say that what they saying is retarded. Did you give any comparisions to prove what he said was retarded?

Clearly we're not going to agree on this, thats fine. I don't need to provide comparisons, I didn't make the statement. Haven't you ever read or heard something so foolish and you instantly thought, "how can he just come out and say something like that?" That was my 1st thought. Guess I should of kept it to myself since some are offended.

Packnut
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM

hey baby einstein... I have a question... How do the pats offer a #2 without a #2 ??? :lol:

Sorry, thought I hit 1 instead of 2. Point is IF the Pats feel he's the missing piece, I can see them trading a 1 for him and the Raiders 2nd or 3rd rd pick. They got a #1 for Branch and I'd say Moss is more explosive so NE would still get the better of this deal and Davis gets a #1 which strokes his ancient ego.

Of course a lot depends on the Stallworth visit.

pbmax
03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Considering the mongers can't even agree on which rumors are true, I can't believe Moss has agreed to restructure yet.

The Raiders would require an agreement on the trade first. The Pack could tamper, but as Moss is not headed for FA, this would be dangerous.

And at his current price, Moss on the Packers would be a disaster. Too good of a chance he sulks his way to mediocre. The Packers have to get that contract down to manageable.

packerbacker1234
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
What if the Raiders keep him? Porter is gone and they need a new WR for Russel.

We better make a move before the raiders back down.

Rastak
03-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Considering the mongers can't even agree on which rumors are true, I can't believe Moss has agreed to restructure yet.

The Raiders would require an agreement on the trade first. The Pack could tamper, but as Moss is not headed for FA, this would be dangerous.

And at his current price, Moss on the Packers would be a disaster. Too good of a chance he sulks his way to mediocre. The Packers have to get that contract down to manageable.

I would think Moss would rather get released that accept a huge cut.....then he can negotiate with whomever he wants for more upfront money by the highest bidder.

Ballboy
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM

Where did Porter go? Someone here claimed he signed with Dolphins but nothing has been reported - actually, the reverse has been reported that Al Davis and Porter kissed and made-up.

Joemailman
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
It's hard to imagine TT paying Moss more than he pays Driver. Is Moss really willing to take a pay cut of several million dollars to come to Green Bay? He may decide Oakland isn't such a bad place after all.

BF4MVP

Keep in mind that "most talented wideout" does not mean "best wideout"

Calling Randy the best wideout ever is ridiculous..Calling him the most talented ever, though, is not a stretch at all. He's not talking about production, but rather pure physical attributes..

Packnut

He might re-structure in order to win a super bowl with the Pats. Then again, may-be greed prevents that from happening????????

Packnut
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM

Where did Porter go? Someone here claimed he signed with Dolphins but nothing has been reported - actually, the reverse has been reported that Al Davis and Porter kissed and made-up.

I believe I also saw it some place that Porter and the Raiders have kissed and made up.

bbbffl66
03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
That's Joey Porter from Pittsburgh. Oakland's Porter is still there I believe.

HarveyWallbangers
03-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Jerry Porter has kissed and made up with the Raiders. Apparently, he's back in their long-range plans.

Charles Woodson
03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Sorry been at school all day, has any progress been made with moss trade?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
imscott, I'm not offended and don't think woodbuck is either, I was just saying you shouldn’t call people retarded on there opinions. Lets just leave it at that.

GrnBay007
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I just heard from a co-worker he heard on the radio Moss is going to New England. I don't see anything anywhere on the net.

edit - maybe he heard it wrong. He was pretty distraught....bears fan freaking out about Jones and Briggs. :P

imscott72
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
imscott, I'm not offended and don't think woodbuck is either, I was just saying you shouldn’t call people retarded on there opinions. Lets just leave it at that.

How is that different from calling TT an idiot for letting Ahman get away?

Guiness
03-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Moss to the Pats. That would really be an embarassment of riches.

I don't know - it's impossible to get inside someone's head. But even if he is as self-centered as some think he is, you have to think he'd jump at the chance to get himself a ring.

packers11
03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I just heard from a co-worker he heard on the radio Moss is going to New England. I don't see anything anywhere on the net.

edit - maybe he heard it wrong. He was pretty distraught....bears fan freaking out about Jones and Briggs. :P

I was just watching ESPN, they said there is little to no chance that the Pats are going after / getting moss anymore...

So that leaves... Hmmm... The packers???

Merlin
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
How about Moss & Porter for Rogers & Ferguson? We have the cap space and our 4 WR package would be friggin unreal...

packers11
03-07-2007, 08:13 AM
any update whats going on??? Its all "dying down" again... :?

packers11
03-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Found an update:

Though the Raiders have not initiated any calls to move him, Oakland has listened to offers for Randy Moss. The Raiders are open to the idea of trading Moss, according to a source close to Oakland. Teams that have shown interest, according to the source, are the New England Patriots, the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Posted March 07, by Ben Maller

foxsports.com

MJZiggy
03-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Buccaneers? I haven't heard a peep about them being interested.