PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry signed

justanotherpackfan
03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10040738

Broncos agree to deal with former Titans RB Henry

DENVER -- The Denver Broncos and running back Travis Henry have reached an agreement on a five-year deal Monday with $12 million in guaranteed bonuses.

Henry was released by the Tennessee Titans on Saturday after the two sides couldn't restructure a contract that contained an $8.3 million bonus that was due Monday. He rushed for 1,211 yards and seven touchdowns last season for Tennessee.

The Broncos did not announce the signing, which was disclosed by someone familiar with the deal who requested anonymity because it had not yet been signed.

The Broncos were in the market for a running back after dealing last season's leading rusher Tatum Bell to Detroit -- along with offensive lineman George Foster and a fifth-round pick -- for cornerback Dre' Bly.

It has been a busy offseason for Denver, who also traded quarterback Jake Plummer to Tampa Bay on Saturday for a conditional draft choice in 2008. However, Plummer said on the Jake Plummer Foundation website that he plans to retire.

The Broncos also acquired defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson from Miami on Saturday for a sixth-round pick in next month's draft and signed offensive lineman Montrae Holland to a one-year deal.

Henry, 28, has spent the past two seasons with the Titans, who acquired him from the Buffalo Bills in July 2005. He has rushed for 5,395 yards in his career and 34 touchdowns.

The Bills drafted him in the second round of the 2001 draft out of the University of Tennessee.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Broncos | Contract update: T. Henry
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:31:15 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos RB Travis Henry's contract is worth $22.5 million with $12 million in guarantees.

PackerPro42
03-05-2007, 07:00 PM
All the deals going down are really giving the Packers chances of getting Lynch a huge bust.

The Teams Listed are the teams known to be interested in Marshawn Lynch.

Broncos = Aquired Henry and have Mike Bell a promising young player

Jets = Aquired Thomas Jones through a trade and still have Washington

Bills = Are yet to trade away McGahee and it looks as though they may not

Giants = Are rumored to be interested in Michael Turner

RashanGary
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Getting Lynch would be the perfect cap to this off-season. At this point we need him.

Joemailman
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
PackerPro,

I assume you meant a huge boost.:D You may be right, although I believe McGahee is entering the final year of his contract, so you can't rule out Buffalo taking Lynch.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
All the deals going down are really giving the Packers chances of getting Lynch a huge bust.

Teams ahead of us that may draft a RB;

Browns- They are all but a lock to select AP

Vikings- Need a backup for Chester Taylor, maybe a future starter

Texans- Green is all they got

Falcons- It could happen

Steelers- See Falcons

PackerPro42
03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
PackerPro,

I assume you meant a huge boost.:D You may be right, although I believe McGahee is entering the final year of his contract, so you can't rule out Buffalo taking Lynch.

My bad, that is what I meant but I typed it up very fast.

Charles Woodson
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM

Teams ahead of us that may draft a RB;

Browns- They are all but a lock to select AP

Vikings- Need a backup for Chester Taylor, maybe a future starter

Texans- Green is all they got

Falcons- It could happen

Steelers- See Falcons

The thing with the teams are they have bigger needs. Steelers have Willie Parker and i would be extremely surprised if they took him. I dont think that The texans would have been so quick to lock Green up if they are heavily thinking about Lynch, besides didnt there GM quit after they drafted Mario Williams? Chester taylor did pretty good for the queens.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Chester Taylor did play well, but I think Rastak could agree they could use another RB. However, in the 1st round, it's more unlikely than likely they'll look somewhere else.

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I just don't see the Giants, or any team, giving up a 1st and 3rd for Michael Turner. Most teams don't put a premium on the position anymore.

BallHawk
03-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I just don't see the Giants, or any team, giving up a 1st and 3rd for Michael Turner. Most teams don't put a premium on the position anymore.

Especially when the RB in question isn't a proven starter. It's not like they are pursuing Shaun Alexander or LT.