PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth a Patriot

b bulldog
03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Donte Stallworth is visiting the Pats today or will be doing so tomorrow. Stallworth has said that he'd be willing to sign a one year deal with the Pats(per drug rumors)and than show that he is clean and than he will be able to hit it big in 08. If this deal gets done, Moss won't be a Pat.

RashanGary
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
This would be great, for Brady and us.

Double win for you bulldog.

digitaldean
03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
The Pats are trying to upgrade a no-name list of WRs from last year.

They had to Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as their main WRs. Trading for Welker gives them speed. So does getting Stallworth, if it goes through.

My opinion is that the Moss talk is smoke and mirrors anyway.

Brando19
03-05-2007, 09:20 PM
These Patriots are about as aggressive as I've ever seen!

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Misleading title. Couldn't you put a ? on there. I just heard on ESPN that the Patriots have interest in Stallworth, but it's not a done deal. They are said to be in the market for Moss too. They just traded for Welker.

I think I'd rather have Stallworth and no pick than Moss and giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I don't see the Patriots signing him as a win-win. Any deal with Oakland would come down to the Old Man swallowing his pride, and I just don't see him doing it.

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2007, 09:23 PM
The Pats are trying to upgrade a no-name list of WRs from last year.

They had to Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as their main WRs. Trading for Welker gives them speed. So does getting Stallworth, if it goes through.

My opinion is that the Moss talk is smoke and mirrors anyway.

Sorry, but I don't see Welker being that good. I don't see being any better than Reche Caldwell. He's a nice slot receiver in the Kevin Curtis mold, but I think a 2nd and 7th is way too much to give up for him. He's quicker than fast. He's got the type of speed that doesn't stretch the field for an offense. Teams aren't afraid of him beating them deep.

RashanGary
03-05-2007, 09:33 PM
What's great is that the Pats built their base through the draft and have a HOF QB in his prime so this might work for them. If htey succeed, teams like WASH and DAL will continue to do what they do and a few more might jump in.

b bulldog
03-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Misleading title?? I wanted to grab some attention :lol: Stallworth will be also visiting the Titans and the Dolphins.

Spaulding
03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Sounds more and more like the Pats interest in Moss isn't all that much with the recent signing of Welker and offer to Stallworth. More like a fallback option.

Free agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth received an offer from the New England Patriots. He is scheduled to meet Wednesday with Titans officials in Tennessee and with the Dolphins on Thursday.

Kiwon
03-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Personally, I would love to see Stallworth a Packer.

He's not big but he's got speed and catches the ball very well. He would blossom in Green Bay. Favre would help turn him into an all-Pro in the same fashion that Walker and Driver developed. My $.02.